All Comments on 'Autumn on Cape Cod'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great

A delightful little story! I hope you will expand on it.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
dear author,

does this short encounter dialogue a good time to have jokes, even in the head, about fucking? I mean, the woman was just RAPED and rescued by "some gay men".... Why would you have our hero thinking about "condoms" when the daughter who's raped was mentioned? Sure, the flippant attitude you had our hero exhibit is supposed to complement the flipppant attitude of the mother,,,, but do believable characters talk and act like these two?

..... One, the mother, who thinks even her daughter's been recently assulted by some men, that Danny boy would make her a really really good companion.... and two, Danny boy was thinking, "Gee, I wish I had brought condoms with me..."

Are you okay, dear author????............ Or, okay, let me give you some slack and ask, "Are you characters okay?".....

++++++++++++

"Welcome to our little patch Danny. Dinner will be at 7:00 -- no need to dress or bring anything. My husband's name is John and our daughter Chelsea lives with us but has become a recluse, doing little but read and paint. John and I hope your presence will help bring her out of her shell. Three guys took to her on the beach last summer when it was still light but a couple of gays who heard her screams came to her rescue -- thank God. So be prepared for strange behavior but she does answer when spoken to. I think I'm going to like you, I mean really like you."

Right, I have condoms. Danny thought that but actually said, "It's lovely meeting you Charlotte -- I hope to see a lot of you."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Reply to 'Dear Author by Anonymous'

Flippancy exists so it's appropriate for some characters including heroes to have the natural trait of flippancy AND to be flippant on accasions when a reader may think it's inappropriate; that's what flippancy is about.

My hero is capable of thinking about sex (which he thinks is fine) and rape (which he condemns) in similar thought rushes and he won't be modified to suit your particular outlook Anonymous.

You expose a reactionary and over-loaded insensitivity by griping about the ALMOST a rape victim being rescued by two gay men. What's wrong with you? Would you have spoken out had I written saved by two fishermen? Fishermen belong to the setting of a beach. Right. And so do two gay men in a beach setting acknowledged to be a leading mecca for gays of both sexes. Egmont Grigor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Romance?

i never thought deception to be romantic. oh well, i guess its just me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Reply to 'Romance? by Anonymous'

Come on a score of 00 - isn't that a trifle mean?

You may have a strict formula for Romance. In this case our hero screws mom although meeting the daughter first, but he can't be accused of deceptive behavior in fulfilling mom's need when there was no attachment - actually not even promise of one. Then if you re-read the story you must surely concede once the hero early in the story accepts there is a tinkle of promise with the daughter he has eyes only for her. And from that point the story is a romance, surely. I feel compelled to mark this interesting ROMANCE yarn with a 100. Egmont Grigor

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
Someone has to

I guess I will be the first non-anonymous coward to post a comment. A really good story. Brining her out of her shell is not an easy feat. There are many free and open people on the Cape so we shouldn't judge the characters, I've met several that fit the descriptions. Mom is free and easy, but don't think Dad might not be doing the same thing. EG a continuation would be nice but it's your story. Thanks for a very good one!

ProfWriterProfWriterabout 17 years ago
Thank you!

A nicely done, easy reading, sensitive story that has more truth to it than fiction. I like a story with plausible characters and scenes instead of the – “She screamed with pleasure as four giant cocks pummeled her body fifteen minutes after her newlywed husband dropped her off at the self-service laundry.”

Mom is a hoot and the overprotective dad reminds me of me. Danny was upfront with her the whole time, there was no deception intended or practiced.

Once again, two of our impotent, anonymous critics have misused Literotica’s rating system. Any story that is more than one hundred words long always seems to throw them for a loop. Premature ejaculation?

Too bad! Don’t be afraid to delete their comments. They don’t deserve to be here.

PW

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Good Romantic Story

A very nice read. Interesting twist with mum.

subgentsubgentabout 17 years ago
Great recount of P'Town

Loved the story, especially as I am one of those that spend part of each summer in P'town each year since i was born.

I do admit the story went abit fast, in reality there would have been more trauma on her part the first tiem being touched after being raped, i believe. But bedding the mother so quickly, been there, done that, under slightly different circumstances.

Would have prefered some identifiers within P'town such as maybe a visit to Good Scents, or the Monument.

But enough quibling, for the length of it i think you did a commendable job of telling a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Reply to 'Great Account of P-Town'

Sorry to have disappointed about not locating specific hangouts or more features but my problem is I have never been to P-town or Ma - the closest I'be been is New York.

Egmont Grigor

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous