Avalanche of Love Ep. 13

Story Info
Episode 13: I’m Not A Legend.
11.5k words
5
1.3k
1

Part 13 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 04/10/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

This is a big episode my lovely, and if you like short girls, you'll see plenty of them as this is going to be a lot of Madeline and Jasmine! No not like that! I'm sorry to say for as big as this one is, the plot muse was real and there's nothing lewd this time! I'll make it up next episode I promise!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy drama and character development because this episode is absolutely dripping in it!

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 13:

I'm Not A Legend

Jasmine ground her board to a halt at the bottom of the half-pipe, wincing as she rubbed her knee before spitting her maw guard out to pant. "Fuck... not went that big in a while, that landing was-"

"Huh... Not as bad as I thought, you probably could qualify, Jasmine." Madeline folded her arms.

"You really think so?" The mouse lifted her tail.

"Yeah, for the junior leagues, this is a waste of my time," The rabbit growled and turned on her heel taking a few paces away, snow crunching under her boots.

"Wait a sec! That was my first run! Even your first runs have been shit before, Madeline!" Jasmine hissed out as she unbuckled her boots and stepped off the board, grabbing it up as she gave chase after the rabbit, wincing at the ache in her right knee.

Those red eyes peered over her shoulder at the mouse, Jasmine giving a huff as she stopped short of catching up, mist rolling from her panting maw as the two girls locked into a stare. Madeline had told the twins to stay at the hotel, maybe so they wouldn't see this side of her.

"Your knee bothering you that much?" The rabbit cocked a brow as her paw shifted to a hip.

"I'll be fine!" Jasmine snarled back, even as she clearly favored her left leg while standing there, even using the board to support herself. Her brown eyes widened as Madeline reached across and just snatched the snowboard out of her paws, the mouse giving a squeaky yelp, feeling her knees reinforce before she fell to the right with a hiss.

Madeline scoffed and looked down at the slightly smaller girl. "C'mon... who do you think you're kidding? One drop in and you're already crying."

"I'm not fucking crying!" Jasmine screamed up at her, showing her teeth as she glared, tears clearly streaking down her cheeks.

Madeline twitched an eye at that, feeling her stomach twist, seeing this mouse she idolized, the girl that got her in this game, now on her knee, glaring at her, tears showing, looking broken and beaten. It's one thing to defeat your heroes, and it's one thing to see the cape come off, but it's an entirely different thing to see them so vulnerable.

With a sigh, she knocked her fist against the board she took from the mouse. "This isn't a Gemini, you road Gemini when we competed..."

"It's... all the rental place had," Jasmine grunted and climbed back to her boots, locking her right knee with a hiss before moving and snatching the board out of the rabbit's paws. "One more drop, give me one more fucking drop!"

Her red eyes looked to that locked knee and then to those fierce brown eyes glaring back at her. "You got a brace for that?"

"It doesn't bother me day to day, and I usually don't do these kinds of tricks, so no. I have one I carry in my normal boarding gear for general aches sometimes." Jasmine frowned as she put her free paw to her hip.

"What are you, stupid?" Madeline tilted her head and clicked her tongue. "Even I use fucking knee and elbow braces and I'm not a beaten-up defeated has-been."

"Fuck you, I'm not beaten yet! I just had to nurse my injury a bit!" The mouse sneered and stomped her right boot hard in the snow with a glare.

"Nursed it for nearly four years? Yeah, okay..." Madeline tugged her glove off before taking her phone out and dialing up a number. "Hey, yeah... Yes... No, make the flight home without me, I'm flying out. Where? To Gemini with this bitch here. Yes... it'll be fine... I love you too, pass it along to brother. Yep."

Jasmine gapped her jaw at the one-sided conversation, cocking a brow at the end of it. Madeline pulled her glove back on after pocketing her phone. "Don't ask questions you don't need to, Jasmine, focus on your own tail. You coming?"

"Coming where? What are we doing?" Jasmine stammered out, shaking off the confusion as she gave chase to the rabbit stalking off.

"You showed up, I'll call it good enough for now. We're going to Gemini, to a proper training facility, with a medical staff that can prep your sorry tail to attempt competition," Madeline spoke matter-of-factly as the mouse followed in her boot tracks.

Jasmine shook her head in disbelief, "You mean the main... Wait, don't I need clearance to reserve-"

"They'll do what I want, and they'll be interested in seeing a ... legend, like you want to represent again. Even if it's a fucking last gasp, if you can pull off anything, they'll eat that shit up."

"So you're just going to use this as an excuse to get in good with-" Jasmine squeaked as the rabbit turned on her and shoved a gloved finger into her chest.

"Don't fucking kid yourself, I don't need Gemini, they need me!" Madeline looked down at the smaller mouse, showing her own teeth as she hissed out, "That little kitten that saw you fucking stand on the podium, that teenager that watched you on that late-night show while struggling through the junior leagues... I'm doing it for her, I'm doing it for the hero that died on the slopes that day four-something years ago."

Jasmine swallowed a lump in her throat, her mouth feeling extra dry as she gave a small nod before hesitating and then showed her teeth as she gripped the rabbit's paw and shoved it off her chest. "Fine... Fine. Do I need to ask for my shit to be shipped to Gemini?"

"Don't bother, we'll get you kitted out on my dime. Now stop asking annoying questions and let's go," Madeline hissed out and turned on her heel pacing away. The mouse huffed and stomped after her, moving to walk beside her and not in her wake, glaring at her from the side, the rabbit lifting her chin ever so slightly in approval.

—♥—

"Hmph... let's give this a whirl... go on, hop up," The trainer drolled out as he stepped back. Jasmine climbed off the examination table with a purposeful hop down on her footpaws, already wincing in anticipation, but then perking her ears as she looked down at her knees.

"Whoa... uh, that feels good, it's compressing much better than my normal stuff." She bent her knee and twisted at her hips as if testing the fit.

"Yep, this kind of stuff isn't even on the market yet. Proprietary only Gemini riders get access to, how's that back support feeling?" The trainer sighed, looking like he was already bored with this.

"It feels good, but is this fair?" Jasmine frowned as she squirmed on her footpaws, feeling the snug secure embrace of the various supports along her back, elbows, knees, and even a bit of compression against her spine from the thermals they suited her up with.

"You think sports are fair all of a sudden, Jasmine?" Madeline gave a snort as she walked over and looked the mouse over. "Sports at their core aren't fair. The privileged ones that can put the most time into training and equipment will always have an advantage."

"I like to think anyone can strive for excellence if they put their mind to it." Jasmine glared at the rabbit, the trainer rolling his eyes and walking off.

"Yeah, tell that to all the mice that play in the pro leagues of basketball, Jasmine. Go on, name a single famous mouse, I'll wait." Madeline folded her arms as Jasmine just clenched her teeth.

"I can't..." She finally said.

"Sports aren't equal, you're not going to see someone our size slamming it on a basketball court, and you're going to be hard-pressed to find one of those bitches doing what we do. Good luck swimming competitively against an otter or something too. Now if you're done with your flowery daydreams, let's go see if that shit works properly." Madeline jerked the door to the room open, the cold air rushing in.

Jasmine frowned but said nothing as she walked out into the snow, making her way to the halfpipe area of the training facility, the thermals making her feel warm and secure as she moved.

"Those things are not fucking magic, you're going to have to limber up extra long before and after runs. You'll also need an ice bath after competitions, get deep tissue work by one of the trainers, on and on and fucking on..." Madeline scoffed as they made their way to the drop-in point of the halfpipe.

"I get it, but I'm not some decrepit old fossil, Madeline, I'm only thirty-five!" Jasmine frowned as she walked with the other girl.

"Might as well be seventy-five in a professional league and you know it. That's an Ice Reaver mark two in your paws, don't be stupid and take a few drops to work into it, I'll not bust your tail about it. Match my pace and don't be fancy, understand?" Madeline smacked her own board, a similar model that had no fancy graphics, just the production version.

"I understand," She responded pointedly before dropping her own board to the snow and strapping into it.

Madeline took her through a basic run the first go, just some simple lifts from the pipe, some board grabs, and a half turn in the air. Jasmine kept up well with all of them. The second run had a few more labored tricks involved including a simple corkscrew and even a slight grind that the mouse again was able to keep up with.

"Good... guess you're not dead yet, how are those braces feeling? You okay over there, you mouse-mummy?" Madeline offered a toothy smirk.

"Feeling good so far, you smart ass," Jasmine offered her own smirk.

"Heh... alright, let's dial it up, try to keep up grandma!" Madeline shot her a finger gun and then dropped her goggles into place before kicking off.

"Hardy har!" Jasmine squeaked out as she shoved her maw guard in and kicked off behind her. The rabbit went up big and made an elaborate series of tricks like she was at a full-on competition. Jasmine's eyes widened in her goggles at that as she processed it in split seconds before following it.

It had been over four years, but her body remembered the motions in those moments in the air, twisting, turning, and spinning. In those moments it hit her, the adrenaline, that rush, something she'd not felt in four, no ten years, the high of pulling something exhilarating off. It wasn't the day-to-day tricks anymore, this was all exciting and fresh, things she'd given up on.

Madeline snorted as she came down, looking at the mouse out of the corner of her eye. She wanted to be shocked but she wasn't, she knew what 'Glitter' was capable of. She burned the second pass to build up more speed, then went up with even bigger air, affording herself time to grab the board while doing an even more complex set of tricks.

Jasmine was feeling it now as she went up, grabbing the board, following the tricks, then her eyes widened as a sharp jolt of pain tweaked in her back, her twist locked in mid-air, she couldn't position the board. It hit the lip of the pipe and she crashed into the curved wall, tumbling down it in a less-than-controlled fall, wincing as her body took the impact.

"Gods... ow... fuck..." She whimpered as she spat her mouthguard out, shifting to brace on her elbows, panting down into the snow, feeling tears in her eyes from the pain.

"Flew too close to the sun, Icarus?" Madeline drolled out, having halted her run to unbuckle and climb back up the pipe to where the mouse was balled up.

"Ngh... bite me... huff..." Jasmine blinked her teary eyes clear, panting down into the snow.

"Anything broken?" Madeline tilted her head.

Jasmine sniffled and wiped her cheeks off, "I- I don't think so, but-"

"Then get back up and let's go," The rabbit huffed out and shifted her paw to her hip, then tilted her muzzle. "Or are you just going to die in the snow again?"

"I'm... not fucking, dead!" Jasmine glared over at the rabbit, shoving her gloved paws to the snow to right herself, wincing at the ache in her spine.

"Jury's still out on that one, Jasmine." Madeline turned and just started walking down the halfpipe with her board thrown over her shoulder.

Her tail stuck straight out as she squeaked and shuddered while slowly climbing down into the ice bath, her teeth chattering before she settled full in, hissing out. "I a-always hated... th-these things..."

"Better get used to them, you should have been doing these your whole career," Madeline scoffed out from the other tub of ice water, looking completely relaxed in the bitter cold.

"Tch... course an icy bitch like you'd, b-be okay with th-these damn thi- ngs!" Jasmine stammered out but couldn't deny the numbness was easing the throbbing aches of her torn-up body.

"Hmph... You'll thank me when you can move in the morning." Madeline sighed as she sunk deeper into the icy water, her own body aching. She was younger, but it didn't mean she didn't have her own aches and pains.

The cold seemed to grow normal somewhat for the mouse, her teeth not chattering but still wanting to climb out of the water. "Fuck... how long we gotta do this?"

"We'll soak for about five, then go into the sauna for about ten, then we'll do it again a few times," Madeline hummed out casually.

"Gods... why do you do this to yourself?" Jasmine hissed out even though she already had the answers.

"You like to complain, don't you? You already know why. You've done nothing but whine and groan this whole time, even though I'm doing you such a big favor here," The rabbit spoke cooly while lounging in the ice water like it were a hot tub.

"It's not that... I do appreciate it, truly..." Jasmine sighed and looked away, chewing on her lower lip before whispering, "I'm sorry..."

Madeline opened a red eye, looking over at the mouse in the adjoining ice bath. "For what?"

Jasmine shook her head. "Letting you down, letting everyone down. I knew how you felt back then, even if I didn't acknowledge you, I saw the look in your eyes, I had the same for a girl that came before me. I knew trying to feed into it wouldn't help, so I just kept riding your tail to not make excuses and do better."

"Hmph... like I'm doing you now?" Madeline asked calmly.

"Yeah, I guess so... It's hard to imagine I'm even here, trying to come out of retirement, getting help from the girl that wanted to take me out, to begin with."

"I told you before at the bar that night, I'm selfish. Just doing what that kitten would have wanted me to do, nothing more, nothing less. That little girl bunny would have done anything for you, and though I'll not go to extremes, I'll see what I can do within reason."

"This isn't extremes? You took me from retirement to sponsorship, the latest gear, and an elite training facility. I quite literally have everything I could hope f-for..." Her teeth started chattering again.

"Your core temp is dropping, let's get you to the sauna, you're not as used to this as I am." Madeline stood from the ice bath, moving over to the mouse and thrusting a paw out.

Jasmine blinked up at her and clasped her paw, her own shivering before Madeline helped her from the ice bath. Once they hit the sauna she gave a squeak, her tail going rigid again. "Gods! It feels like I'm on fire!"

"That's what it does..." Madeline took a seat on a nearby bench with a puff of breath, steam drifting off her fur. She had donned a simple swimsuit, though she and Kayla usually did these naked and shared the same tub.

Jasmine was also wearing some modest swimwear as she took a seat nearby, shivering still but the heat of the sauna quickly started to rush warmth into her freezing limbs. The two girls sat there in silence for a few minutes before the mouse spoke out, "Yesterday when you called, Kayla I assume, you said our brot-"

"Don't shove your nose in my business, mouse. You ask me anything I don't like, I have you kicked out of this facility and you do the rest of this on your own!" Madeline narrowed her red eyes, clenching her fist a few times.

Jasmine frowned and shook her head. "Okay okay... sorry, I was just trying to make conversation?"

"Hmph... Kai told us about how you casually came on to him." Madeline sighed and propped an elbow on her knee, looking into the distance.

"Y-Yeah... well, he's cute and I am single?" Jasmine gave an awkward laugh then huffed out, "I mean he did shoot me down, an older mouse sniffing at his tail. I'm sure you guys laughed at me over it."

"We didn't laugh at you, but if you're looking for casual, maybe get Jarome in your sights, he's the playboy of the field." The rabbit gave another shrug.

"Heh... I'm not some whore, Madeline, I just took a swing at Kai because I thought he was really adorable... I don't approach boys like that ever, really."

"Hmph... How are you doing over there?" Madeline asked.

Jasmine clenched her paw into a fist a couple of times. "I actually can feel my fingers again."

"That means it's time for the ice plunge again, let's go." Madeline hopped right up with a bounce of her chest and thrust her paw out toward the mouse.

"Guh...Staying retired is sounding pretty good about now." Jasmine groaned but took her paw and climbed from the seat, walking with the rabbit back to the ice bath.

—♥—

"Gods!" Jasmine cried out as she tumbled down the wall, tucking and rolling before coming to a stop with a whimper, wincing as she picked herself back up.

"Stop trying to do that spin, you're not ready yet!" Madeline shouted back at her.

"I was doing this for almost twenty years, I think I'd know if I were ready!" Jasmine snarled back.

"Yeah but your body isn't conditioned yet, c'mon, we're dropping in again!" Madeline shouted and pushed back off to finish the run.

"Fuck!" The mouse squeaked out as the edge of her board caught the pipe, sending her down with a grunt once more.

"Your fur is dark, the bruises will be hard to see, get the fuck up, let's go again!" Madeline spat out.

"Ngh!" She found herself face down in the snow, groaning as she picked herself up, blinking over at the rabbit. Madeline just extended her paw in a finger gun at her then cocked a brow. Jasmine snarled and picked herself up once more.

"Again! We're not leaving the ramp today until you finish that fucking spin!"

"What the fuck are you doing?! Perk your damn ears and listen you stupid mouse!"

"Glitter?! Maybe you should have named yourself mud, that flip sucked!"

"Can you give me one fucking whisper of praise?!" Jasmine grabbed Madeline by the coat and wrenched her forward, her spittle hitting the rabbit's cheeks. "I've been fucking at this for months with your ass! I've not fallen down in weeks! Say something positive at least fucking once!"

It had been like this for a while now, multiple days a week with just the two of them. Kai and Kayla had come to help her as well, but their training was clearly much more encouraging than Madeline's.

"Did you ever praise me, Jasmine?" She cocked a brow, not looking phased by the grab.

Jasmine snarled and shoved her back, glaring down at the halfpipe. "I fucking told you 'good job' all the time, I did lots of riders, especially the younger ones."

Madeline tilted her head at that. "Did you ever bother to remember my name, or was I always just that girl in second or third place for a few years?"

"Of course, I paid attention to your ass! How could I not!? You were always there, nipping at my fucking heels, making me push harder, making me have to do my maxi- ... mum." Jasmine stepped back as if realizing something.

"Qualifying is in a few weeks, Jasmine. I'll be making sure you drop in before me too. I'll be there nipping at your heels, right there a breath behind you, and if you don't put it all out there... I'll gun you down, then I'll give you a casual look over my shoulder and say, 'good job, kid'." Madeline dropped her goggles, put her mouthpiece in, and kicked off.