Avalanche of Love Ep. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm fucking with you, Jas!" Kayla mewed out in her normal tone of voice and showed Jasmine a smug grin. "You need to relax and dial it in, Glitter... It's just three trips down the pipe, easy peasy, right?"

The mouse gapped her jaw again as she realized it was just a facade, then closed her maw and gave a small nod, offering the big cat a smile. "Y-Yeah... just a few trips down the pipe, no big deal... I've been doing it constantly for months now."

"Hmph... you never cease to amaze me with your ability to comfort and motivate, baby," Madeline grumbled as she joined the other two girls.

"You think I needed you shoving my shoulder and stuff, Snow Bunny? You already got me back in my groove. I don't need trash-talk to lay it all out there," Jasmine offered a grin, folding her arms.

"Hmm... Guess we'll find out soon enough," Madeline scoffed as she folded her own arms, giving a nod as the lead staffer came in.

"Sayotame! You're going to drop in first, so get your tail to the gate!"

"Heh... my fans await, guess I better get to it!" Jasmine squeaked out and poked her nose up, trotting away from the other girls.

"Oh, I'm ready for this!" Jaron barked out excitedly as the name 'Jasmine Sayotame' appeared on the bottom of the screen, the camera on her as she was finishing her adjustments. "Jasmine 'Glitter' Sayotame! Four-time Olympic medalist, out of retirement at thirty-five to try for her fifth games!"

"If she qualifies today, she'll be the first female athlete to make it to five Winter Olympics, Jaron!" Harley squeaked out playfully. "Gosh, I'm a little jealous if I'm being truthful."

"You mean, WHEN she qualifies, Harley! I know you got this, Jas!" Jaron called out as the camera panned to Jasmine, the sunlight sparkling off her glittery cheeks as she grinned at it.

"Jaron, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be showing favoritism!" Jasmine pointed to the camera with a smirk as she pulled her goggles down into place.

"Hell with it, go tear it up, Jas!" He barked out.

"Aye aye, sir!" She gave a playful salute before shoving her maw guard in, then dialing her music up. She was listening to some angry alternative rock from her high school days like she always did when she competed.

Pushing off from the gate she dug the board in a flourish she'd done since she was fifteen, making snow scatter behind her in a glittering wave as the sunlight hit it before dropping into the pipe.

The music was earsplitting, it had to be, she couldn't think, she had to just do this, she had to just lay it out there, she wouldn't get this chance again, today had to be the day. Jasmine hit that first jump and the crowed gasped in awe at her height, her teeth showing against the mouth guard in a snarky smirk as she did a complex pattern of flips before sticking the landing.

Even with the braces there was a bite of pain when she stuck, but it didn't matter, she'd ice it off later. Her second pass was even higher, the crowd screaming now as she held the board, doing an upside-down corkscrew spin that made her wiry tail whip around her before another smooth landing, the new Ice Reaver gliding against the snow like it were glass.

"Oh my gods yes, that's what I'm talking about!" Jaron just cried out right there on camera as the mouse went up for the third pass.

'Shit!' Jasmine thought to herself as she took off more than she wanted, that wouldn't be a problem right now but the landing was going to hurt like hell. A problem for the future her though as she twisted, tucked, and spun, the world blurring in that controlled chaos she'd trained her small body to endure years ago.

The board clapped down hard partway through the glide down the pipe, her tail going rigid as the pain burned through that bad knee and up her spine, having to use all her strength to keep it together and not topple over. She still had momentum and wasn't going to leave it there, she'd make that damn rabbit earn it.

"Wait, she's going up for a fourth?! She hasn't got the momentum for that!" Kayla mewed out with concern in her voice, Madeline just kept her arms folded and snarled.

Jasmine hit the lip of the pipe, ground a little on it, then made a quick little back flip off it to smack back down into the pipe with another hiss through her teeth, but still just a little extra tacked onto the run for more points.

"Hell yeah! Hell yeah!" Jaron barked out, pumping his fist.

"J-Jaron, ha ha, take it easy!" Harley laughed as she was already walking over to the area where they did the interviews.

Jasmine spat her maw guard out, doubling over and panting as she held her knees, hearing the roars, the scream, her heart leaping to the sounds of the fans, something she never thought she'd hear again. It eased the pain and made it worth it.

Summoning up her bravado, she straightened her back and picked her goggles up off her face, showing a smug grin at the camera as she cocked a brow. "Keep up, Snow Bunny, you can do it, kid!"

"That's it, she's dead," Madeline snarled as she grabbed up her own Ice Reaver and stomped towards the gate, Kayla just giggling at the moody bunny.

"Jasmine! I'm sorry... Glitter! Be glad it's me interviewing you right now, Jaron probably would have tackled you in a hug!" Harley laughed out before shaking her head as she continued, "What do you even say after that run?"

"Ow," Jasmine responded with a grin, putting a gloved paw on her own hip.

Harley giggled and lifted her ears. "How do you think you did?"

"I'd guess mid to upper eighties, maybe... eighty-seven." Jasmine cooly predicted her score, offering a small grin to the other sportscaster.

"Ohhh, pretty high expectations, let's see!" The rabbit squeaked out as they turned to the display, then the score dropped, an 91.1 to show for it.

"Wow!" Harley sounded legitimately shocked as she gasped out, the whole place roaring and even Jasmine frowning as she blinked at the score a few times in disbelief.

"Guess uh..." She smiled and nodded to herself before cracking another grin at the camera, "Guess you other girls better step it up, don't let the old mouse show you up, yeah?"

Madeline was strapping in while glaring as she heard the words, her heart pounding like it did when she was in her teens, like it did when she was... nervous. "No, no... you get it together stupid!" She spat the words out loud and slapped a closed fist into her other open paw, taking a deep breath and then opening her red eyes with the focus of a sniper lining a shot up.

"And here is the current points leader for the girls, Madeline Las-" Jaron bit his tongue with a bark as she didn't even wait on the introductions and just pushed out of the gate. "Whoa, guess we're off!"

Her red eyes focused as she juked her board, kicking her own swath of snow up just as Jasmine had done, a much bigger wave of it kicked out to shine in the rays of the sun before she dropped into the half-pipe. She didn't have her music on, she dropped in without starting it, and she could hear the screams, the roars, the love, it was hers, she'd earned it.

She was already spinning when she took off, the world a blur of madness as she twisted, spun, and flawlessly stuck the landing. A roar filled the stand, the spectators chanting "Snow Bunny", her own smirk showing against her maw guard as she hit the second pass, again corkscrewing and spinning before hitting the pipe hard as she continued.

Kayla blinked at the TV in shock, her maw gapping at the display, even hearing the roars from fans from the top of the halfpipe in the prep area.

The third pass was a blur of movement, a twisted symphony of tricks that didn't seem like it had any hope of landing, but the Snow Bunny stuck it and backward to boot, facing away from the other side of the pipe, not even looking at it as she went up for her own quick fourth, doing an end over even tumble to right herself.

Grinding to a halt she pulled her goggles up, her red eyes glittering in the sun of the day, the chorus of 'Snow Bunny' rolling forth as she just stared at the camera, her paw open, just holding it towards the bleachers, as if to show the world what was going to the Winter Olympics as her fans said more than she ever could.

"Madeline, I- I don't have any words!" Jaron just stammered out as the rabbit trotted over with her board slung over her shoulder.

"That was for my fans," She scoffed out and shoved her nose up into the air as if that was all that needed to be said, not even waiting for the score to drop as she walked away.

99.2

"That... that's almost a perfect score... only two girls in the entire history of snowboarding have gotten a one-hundred..." Harley whispered out, as if she'd seen something sacred, her words barely heard over the eruption of cheers.

Kayla grinned and shook her head, putting her paws on her hips as they called her name to drop in. "I thought you loved me, Maddy... making me drop in after something like that? Damn... I can't touch that, how in the world could I?"

The crowd was still cheering, having not calmed down, Jaron having to speak a little louder over them as he continued. "And here is Kayla Hannah! A hell of a performance to follow after from her girlfriend, think she can come close?"

"Hey hey, I'm no expert like you Jaron, but Kayla is the biggest girl in the field, she can really get the lift when she jumps, we'll have to see if that power can prevail, eh?" Harley squeaked out.

"Can't hope to even tie that... ya know?" Kayla snapped her goggles into place, showing a small grin, feeling her heart swell with pride as she continued, "But hey, I know my brother is watching, so all I can do, is beat it!" She declared with a sharp toothy grin as she pushed right out of the gate.

The leopardess didn't kick the snow up, she just dropped into a tighter profile to squeeze a little more speed before dropping into the pipe. The crowd was still cheering from Madeline, but when she went up, she easily got a few more yards of height, the cheering growing silent at that as the big cat spun and twirled with the grace of a figure skater.

Sticking the landing she hunkered down and as she hit that second jump she kicked off with all the strength she had in her legs, soaring high into the air as she bit down hard on her maw guard, doing several end over end flips before sticking the landing, this set looking more brutal than the graceful start.

She was already twisting her hips to launch from the third, her own corkscrew while hanging upside down, her slope style having given her the tricks to be able to squeeze every microsecond out of the hangtime she had, sticking her landing backwards just like Madeline had done.

Showing her size and strength advantage, she kicked off the fourth to do another few twists, doing more tricks than even Madeline had done. The crowd was in shock as she ground her board to a halt, lifted her goggles, and spat her mouth guard out before flashing a sharp toothy grin to the camera. "That was for my brother and fans!" She clenched her gloved paw into a fist as she mewed out,"sit down mousey and bunny, this is my house!" The whole place shook so loud with the cries of the fans that they'd make jokes later on Sportsball Center that they were lucky they didn't start an avalanche from it all.

"Is this qualifiers? Are we at qualifiers or is this a gold medal match?!" Jaron barked out into his mic, sounding as stunned as Harley looked.

"K-Kayla... are you going to be in the doghouse for this later?" Harley laughed a little as she asked.

"Oh no way, Madeline loooves it when I push her, it'll be quite the opposite I assure you!" Kayla purred the words with a smug grin as the crowd cheered and 'ooohed' at the implications, then everyone went wild as the score dropped officially, a 99.4, the snow leopardess having bumped both of the veterans down to take the lead and it was only the first drop of three.

The rest of the qualifiers seemed stunned by the scores, no one else even breaking seventy points after the overwhelming display of power between the two top riders and the returning legend.

The second set didn't see any shift in the numbers and as the third set winded down, Jasmine felt her heart pounding. She didn't care if she was in third place, she just had to hold in the top five to qualify. She thought she had made a statement with the 91.1, but she had also told the other girls to step up and now they were.

One of the other riders scored a 91.5, bumping her down to fourth, another hitting 92.0 to make it fifth, then it happened. The girl before her pulled off a 93.0, she was in sixth place and out of the qualifying range. A collective murmur went over the crowd even as the last rider celebrated, now the girl that landed the 91.5 looking on edge down below.

Jasmine sucked in air through her teeth and rubbed her face, her tail twitching behind her. She could feel the ache in her knee. She'd taken it easy on the second run, not pushing herself, feeling the score she dropped would keep her secure, but now here she was, and her knee throbbed as if she had a hundred extra pounds on her shoulders.

"C'mon, Jasmine, you can do this. You got your fans behind you, you even got Jaron cheering for you, yeah!?" Kayla mewed out in support as the mouse's name was called to come to the gate. She gave the big cat a small smile, but as she moved to collect her board, feeling that ache in her knees, she felt like an inmate walking to the execution chamber.

She was thirty-five, she'd be thirty-six in a season, this was too much. The score she dropped was a miracle, she was too old for this, she was in a young kit's game, she was foolish to think this was possible. The thoughts whirled in her head as she tried to keep the smile on while pacing forward.

A hard shove hit her shoulders, making her fall right down to the ground on her rear, a few yards from the gate. There was a collective gasp from the staff members and other girls as they saw it had been Madeline.

Jasmine squeaked out as she landed in the snow, blinking up at the rabbit that was snarling, showing her teeth, and red eyes looking like they could glow from the glare she had on her face. "Giving up, Glitter?"

A bitterly cold wind whistled through the area, not even the staff members saying anything as the girls had their stare down. Jasmine grunted and started to pick herself up, then Madeline grabbed her coat and just lifted her back to her boots, shouting into her face. "We had an agreement!"

"I know! I... fucking know, okay?!" Jasmine shouted back at her.

Harley called out, "We seem to be having some-"

"Take us to commercial, we'll be back in a few minutes folks!" Jaron barked out, then ripped his earpiece out and walked away briskly.

"Jaron, what the heck?!" Harley stammered out as he said nothing and ran to the lift.

"Say something, Glitter! Are you going to do this shit again? Do it to me, do it to your fucking fans?! Do it to every fucking girl that's around your age and thinks she can't do this anymore, not even for fucking fun?!" Madeline was shaking the mouse as she screamed, an event staffer finally gathering the courage to step forward.

"Okay, okay, that's enough, Lashinger!" The staffer grumbled.

"Stay out of this, asshole!" The rabbit glared back then shifted her focus back to the mouse in her paws. "Say something already!"

"Madeline! I know my fucking limits, okay?! I-" Jasmine clenched her teeth eyes watering as she shook her head. "There's no way in hell I can-"

"Drop in without your good luck charm, right!?" Jaron shouted out as he rushed over, everyone looking shocked as the sportscaster panted, having ran here from the lift.

"Jaron, what the hell are you doing here?" Jasmine stammered out as Madeline released her coat and stepped back.

"Here, it's yours." Jaron quickly pulled one of his own gold medal off he'd worn for the broadcast, putting it around Jasmine's collar.

Jasmine squeaked out, "Wait- wha?! Jaron I can't take your medal, you promised your little girl you'd give her-"

"Then your ass is going to have to get to the Olympics and get one to give me, Jas! It doesn't have to be gold, okay? Any medal will do!" He barked out as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a can of cold spray they used for minor injuries.

The lead staffer sighed out, "We can't keep stalling this-"

"Shut up!" Madeline and Jaron both snarled in unison as Jasmine frowned at her friend taking a knee.

"Lift your thermals and drop the brace down for a sec, okay?" He asked her.

"Here, let me help, it'll take her too much work since she's suited fully up." Madeline dropped down next to him as the mouse just hissed out loudly the moment the spray hit her leg area.

"There, that'll get you through this drop-in, Jas!" Jaron showed her a small grin, eye to eye with her since he was on his knees. Madeline was already tugging her gear back into place for her.

"Jaron, t-thanks..." She hugged him and the greyhound just gave a laugh of a bark, patting her back.

"I believe in you, Jas and so does Madeline!" Jaron smirked down at the rabbit as he slowly stood.

"Do you?" Jasmine cocked a brow.

Madeline stood up and shrugged. "I'd not be wasting my time on your sorry ass if I didn't. I wouldn't even be boarding if not for you. I've believed in you my whole life, Glitter." She folded her arms and stepped back, her red eyes level with the other girl's. "I'll put my faith in you again, don't let me and your fans down this time." The bunny turned and stomped off back to the prep area.

"You owe my girl a medal, Jas!" Jaron offered her a finger gun before trotting away, then threw his paw up as he called out, "Remember, only two girls have ever gotten a one-hundred, Jas! You're a legend for a reason!"

"A legend..." Jasmine huffed aloud, then closed her eyes, her teeth grinding as she shook her head, thinking of that time and now. "I'm not a legend, Jaron!" She shouted back as the greyhound halted his pace and looked back at her, his ears lifted.

The mouse clenched her gloved paw into a fist as she showed him that smirk full of bravado. "Can't be a legend until I'm finished, I still got shit to do!" He gave her a grin, then nodded and offered a thumbs up with his own gloved paw before moving back to the lift.

"Sorry for the drama, let's go," Jasmine dropped her goggles in place as she pushed past the lead staffer to go to the gate.

"And we're back, after some technical difficulties, sorry about that everyone! We're ready at the gate for our next rider, Jasmine Sayotame! She needs better than a ninety-one point five if she wants to make it to the games, we're about to see if history is going to be made again by this mouse!" Harley squeaked out as the camera panned onto the gate area.

Jasmine looked down at the medal with a smile then tucked it into the coat before shoving her mawguard in, giving the camera a peace sign, and dropping in.

With her flourish of kicking up snow, she hit the pipe and went up for her first jump. The cryo-spray had numbed out all the pain but it was supposed to only be available to trainers and medical staff, she'd have to ask Jaron how he pulled that one off later. Regardless it did its job and when she landed from her flurry of tricks, she didn't feel anything.

That's the thing with sports, no matter how much you're loved, you're as much a dream maker as you are a crusher of them. Jasmine hissed through her teeth as she launched onto that second pass, gripping her board and holding it as she tumbled before sticking and moving on. The whole place was roaring and screaming, they knew this was a run that could contend for the top spots.

On her third pass, she made sure to leave enough room for a faster pass on her landing, already knowing she'd have to squeeze a fourth in. On the fourth jump, she had enough momentum to hold the board for a quick flip trick that had her land backward.