Avalanche of Love Ep. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Grinding her board to a halt, she just crumpled over as the absolute crash of adrenaline and fatigued gripped her, like a marionette having its strings cut. The fans were roaring, but it sounded distant in her pounding ears and head, even with the spray, her whole body was just wracked with ache.

It wasn't her most graceful finish but the points mattered up top, not how she ground her board to a halt. After several moments she managed to roll over and sit up, wincing as she lifted her goggles, looking out at the fans cheering and then up at the sky, snow starting to drift down as she lowered her head, giving it a little shake, knowing she'd just ruined another's dreams to make her own come true.

She unstrapped her board and climbed to her boots, wincing but showing the crowd a fist pump as they cheered, then slowly made her way to the waiting area, a slight limp in her knee as Jaron stood there waiting for her with his mic in paw.

"How do you think you did, Glitter?" He asked before shoving the mic in her face.

"Huff... huff... gimme a break, Jaron... my head is killing me, don't ask me to math!" She gave a laugh and just took her helmet off to ease the ache in her pounding head, brown hair matted with sweat to wet fur.

"Well, let's see what the judges thought!" Jaron wagged his tail as he looked to the display.

Jasmine slowly blinked at the score as it dropped, a 98.4, a decisive and commanding statement that she'd not be denied her dream. It didn't feel real, she felt numb, then her legs just turned to gelatine as she started to slump before Jaron caught her with a laugh, holding her up with his arm. "Whoa there! Ha ha... you okay, Jas?!"

"Uh... y-yeah... just doesn't seem real?" She huffed out while trying to will her legs to work, barely hearing herself through the screams of adoration, the girl that had been bumped off came over to offer her a hug before walking away.

Harley squeaked out in a cheer of her own into her mic, "Ladies and gentlemen, Jasmine 'Glitter' Sayotame has made snowboarding history again! You are now looking at the first-ever five-time women's winter olympian!"

"You dropping in, love?" Kayla folded her arms, looking over at Madeline while they stared at the tv in the prep area, easily hearing the roars from the crowd below.

"No, take the top spot. We'll let Glitter have this moment." The rabbit smiled at the tv, a nostalgic look in her eyes.

"Hey? For what it's worth? You're pretty awesome, baby!" Kayla threw an arm around her bunny-sister as they walked over to the lead staffer to say they were passing on their runs.

Madeline scoffed at that. "Just a self-serving-"

"We both know that's bullshit, just take the compliment already!" Kayla mewed as she hugged her closer.

Madeline gave a small squeak at the hug, but just nodded with a small smile. "Fine."

Jasmine took a seat on the lowest step of the winner's area with a relieved groan, then withdrew the gold medal. She smiled and shook her head, seeing it wasn't even a winter one, it was from the summer games Jaron had participated in. The sun beamed off the now nearly decade-old trophy as she looked up, seeing the snow start to fall harder against the rays of sunlight, making the flakes almost look like glitter.

I hope you've enjoyed this episode, my lovely reader!

I'm not going to lie, I kick my tail writing these! A single episode can take me twelve to fifteen hours or longer to make after conception, writing, editing, and proofreading! If you enjoy this, support me, please? Vote, Fave, Comment, offer feedback, or anything else. Thank you, and as always, I'm nothing without your support!