Avery's Desire Pt. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Chancem77
Chancem77
206 Followers

"So where do we go from here?" Avery asked, the smile fading from his lips. He was almost scared to hear the answer but he knew it needed to be asked.

"What do you mean?"

Avery shrugged. "I want to have a relationship with you and mom, even with Jake and Ashley, but not if you all can't accept me as I am. I'm never going to change. I'm not going to grow out of it. It's not something that can be fixed, this is just who I am. Can you accept me? Can you accept that you have a gay son?"

Grayson sat back and sighed as he thought about what Avery was asking him. "I honestly don't know Avery. It's a lot that you're asking of us."

"No it's not." Avery said softly, tears stinging his eyes as they threatened to escape down his cheeks. "I'm your son. If you love me then you have to love me for who I am, not who you want me to be. Maybe I have changed some since the last time you saw me, but not in the way you hoped for. I'm stronger now and I'm not afraid to be myself. Maybe once I was ashamed of who I am.

At one time, I would have done almost anything just to make you proud of me but I've realized that I can't spend my life trying to please other people. I have to live for myself and do what makes me happy. I love you, I really do, but if you can't accept me then, I'm sorry, but I guess this is the end for us.

I really hope it's not, but I'm not willing to be something that I'm just not for the sake of others, and you shouldn't expect that of me. That's not what family does.

The love you have for your children is supposed to be unconditional and that's all I ever wanted from you. You don't have to like who I am as a person but you do have to love me as your son, or you can leave now and never look back."

Grayson looked across the table at Avery and smiled for the first time since he'd sat down. "I am proud of you. I'm not happy with your life style and I don't know that I will ever be, but I am very proud of you. You've grown into a good man, and you have a good heart. I'm glad that your friend called me Avery. I think this is a talk that we've put off for far too long. I'd like to try and rebuild our relationship, I really would. I'm not going to ask you to change but at the same time you have to have patience with your mother and I. It's going to take some time for us to come to terms with...all of this."

"I can do that." Avery nodded. He smiled at his father and for the first time since he'd woken up in the hospital, Avery had hope again. The dark cloud that had been hanging over his head was starting to fade away and he could see the first small rays of sunlight again. It was a really great feeling.

"Good." Grayson dropped a few bills onto the center of the table. Avery started to protest but Grayson silenced him. "Let me, please. It's been a long time since I've bought you anything."

Avery nodded and thanked him. "So, are you and mom going to be going back home soon?"

"Well, I thought I might stay a bit longer." Grayson told him. "I'd like to be here for the sentencing. I can't do anything in an official capacity because I'm not licensed in this state but I would like to observe the proceedings. I have that right as your father."

Avery frowned. "That really isn't necessary." He said. "And to be honest, I'd rather you and mom not hear all the details. I know that you deal with cases like this all the time but it's a bit different with you being my dad and all."

"Avery, you have no reason to feel embarrassed or Ashamed. What he did to you was heinous and he deserves to be punished for it. As your father, I just want to be there to ensure that the bastard gets whats coming to him. I wasn't able to protect you. At least let me be there to support you. Rick was right when he said that you needed as much support as possible.

You shouldn't go through this alone. I know that you have all of your friends by your side but you also need your family and...well...I need to be there. You're my son. You want to fix our relationship, lets start here. Let me be the father to you that I've failed to be over the last few years. It won't make up for the past but at least we can start building a better future. Besides, if I left now, I'd never be able to forgive myself."

Avery nodded. "I understand. It's alright I guess. If mom wants to be there, I'm not really keen on the idea, I'd rather it just be you but if she really feels the need to be there too then I guess it's okay. I'd just feel a little funny with her hearing everything. Maybe, if I have to testify you could talk her into leaving the room?"

"I think I can arrange that." Grayson smiled. "Honestly I don't think she'd want to be there at all. It's not that she doesn't care it's just that it upsets her to hear these kinds of things, especially about her own child."

"Understandable. I'm not looking forward to testifying either. I don't want to rehash everything that's happened. Honestly, I'd rather put it behind me and just try to get back to normal, you know? I just want to forget about what he did to me. I don't want to dwell on the bad stuff."

"Don't dwell on it. But you also can't let him get away with what he's done. The only way that you'll ever truly get closure is by making sure that he goes to prison for a very long time. He tried to kill you Avery, that alone carries a very long sentence, but the jury is going to need to hear you tell what happened, in your own words. have you spoken to the local prosecutor yet?"

Avery shook his head. "Not yet. I'm supposed to see him tomorrow though."

"Good. I can go with you if you want."

"I'd like that." Avery said.

"Alright. I assume that Rick is going too?"

Avery nodded.

"Okay, I'll pick you both up then. It'll also give me the chance to get to know this boy a little better. If he's going to be a part of your life then I just want to make sure he's going to treat you right."

Avery smirked. "Rick's a good guy, trust me on that. He loves me."

Grayson scratched his head and laughed some. "I don't know if I'll ever get used to hearing you talk about being in love with a man, but I'll try to accept it. If nothing else I can respect your choices."

"That's a good start." Avery smiled. "It's a real good start."

Chancem77
Chancem77
206 Followers