BA Hammer Mary Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cwcw99
cwcw99
142 Followers

"Maybe, but first, concerning that case we talked about from ten years ago. I just wanted to tell you it wasn't Baker, or anyone else on the NYPD that can be blamed for what happened. I have it now, and a crooked fed put pressure on everyone with that phony "national security" deal. It was just after 9-11, and everyone was nervous. SO, no matter what happens, it wasn't your guy's fault."

"So, what do I need to do after that bullshit?" I explained everything I needed him to do. He wasn't pleased. I tried to stress that a light would be out, and he only had to warn the man, and he would give him a small package. I told him everyone involved in this case was being followed and it had to be a normal occurrence. He finally agreed and told me to leave.

I would have to be careful. I am burning my oldest friend. I had to stop doing this.

My friends were with me again. I called Cynthia on a burner and told her I might have something for her in a couple of days. Brick called me on my regular phone and told me he needed to discuss my case. That was the code I was waiting for and went straight to his office.

We went into the room he used that was swept for bugs daily. It wasn't usually Feds that he was worried about. Just the normal espionage relating to bigtime cases. I updated him on where I stood. I also gave him the recording I had made with Arnold. I felt bad about that, but I wanted an accurate account.

"Here's where we stand. In the last ten years, this contract has made CD nearly a billion dollars. Their compound is a fortress, and they have a private army watching it. If you know anyone in the security field, you had better bring them onboard. These people would have no problem killing for what they have. I advise you to stop "shaking the tree" until we are ready to strike. I have an old cop friend of mine shadowing me for now." I didn't know they had a private army. This is getting out of hand.

"I know a couple of guys. We really need Carter now. What are we going to have to do to get his attention?"

"I have board meeting with him tonight. I am going to corner him and make him listen to me."

I agreed and left. I took one of the burners and called Fat Tony. This was right up his alley." Anthony, sorry for calling you, but I have a problem that might need some of your specialized help."

"What problem can "Thor" not handle?" I explained everything to him. He sat still for a few minutes. "What are you asking for?"

"I was hoping for a couple of your pros. I need my wife protected quietly, and I need someone to watch my back. I must warn you; I have a rogue FBI man involved in this."

"Okay Hammer. I owe you. I will give you a couple of good guys. As a matter of fact, I have a woman that is new to the city. Former black ops with the military. Her name is Kitty. I will send her to see you along with Burt. He is also former military and very smart. How long do you anticipate needing them?"

"I hope only a couple of days. Thanks Anthony. This will square us with everything." I wasn't taking any chances. Brick had spooked me. I called one of my buddies from the middle east days. I knew he lived in the area and could be here quick. He was head of security for the MPs while I was in Afghanistan. He had left the military shortly after I did. His name is Frank Eisenhower, but everyone called him Ike. He is a distant relative of the famous WWII general but doesn't like to talk about it. I told him about my situation and told him he didn't need to get involved. He would hear none of it. He even volunteered a couple of my old MP buddies. I had given Tony one of the burner numbers and I gave Ike a different number. I would have to keep them straight.

Kitty and Burt called me that night. We arranged to meet at a bar in the area. I had to lose my "friends" and managed after twenty minutes of driving around. One look into Burt's eyes told me everything I needed to know about him. A cop in the military must learn how to size people up quickly in order to survive, and one look at him told me Tony had not been exaggerating. Kitty was a fit looking black woman of about thirty. I hoped to never have to learn about her skill level.

She spoke. "Mr. Hammer, Tony says you might need a little help for a few days."

"Yes, and you can call me BA." I explained to each what we were up against. I told Kitty I needed my wife protected until the story is broken, and the corrupt FBI agent is arrested. I also have three of my military friends going at this from the opposite end. You will not work with them. I will get you pictures of them, so we know who not to shoot. I will tell them about you also. I will just tell them you are bodyguards I have hired, nothing more. Is everything okay with this?" they nodded.

"Kitty, would you rather follow her out of sight, or met her and work with her?"

"I would rather meet her, so she understands who I am when I am always around." Makes sense.

"Burt, how about you?"

"I'll be around. If you see me much, I'm not doing my job. Other than the three you identify for me; I will stop anyone who approaches you with hostile intent." I asked Kitty to come with me to my home to meet Mary.

When I got home, Mary was waiting for me. I sat her down and explained what was going on. I brought Kitty in an introduced her to Mary as a bodyguard I had hired to protect her.

"Mrs. Hammer, you will mostly not see me. I just didn't want you to get worried it you noticed me around more than what would be normal, okay?" Kitty bowed and left.

"What in the world is going on, Britton?" She was shaken.

"Honey, this is still about Liz. The company that framed her is now very powerful. We are a couple of days away from busting them, but they might strike out against us. I am just not taking any chances with you. You are more important to me than my own life." She burst into tears and fell into my arms. I held her the rest of the night.

Ike had told me he would check on the private army they had hired. He had contacts in the mercenary world. It didn't take long. He called me before noon the next day. "You can certainly pick them, Thor. Their name is American Independent Defense or AID, and they are ruthless. They have a large contract with the military and are worldwide."

"That makes sense. CD has a huge contract with the military. What are these people willing to do?"

"Just about anything they want. The man who heads up CD's force is a retired Colonel named Jake Jones. Several tours in the middle east. Now he's private. One odd thing. You remember the guy you drummed out of the MP's, Thompson Walters?"

I remember him. He had no ethics at all. He is a perfect fit for the mercenaries. "Yeah, I remember him."

"He works for the Colonel. I guess he is one of his hatchet men. My guess is he would want to be the one to come after you if it came to that." That might give us a slight edge. At least we know what he looks like.

"Can we get a picture of him and the people he hangs around with? That might help us identify them."

He agreed and hung up. It looks like the battlelines are being drawn up. I certainly hope it doesn't come to that, but whenever there is this amount of money involved, it usually does.

cwcw99
cwcw99
142 Followers
12