Baby it's Cold Outside

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I try to be," I replied.

When the car was inside, I stopped the winch and went to shut the shop doors. When I turned around, Betty was standing next to the car looking around at the shop. She saw me looking at her and grinned. "This looks a whole lot like my husband's racecar shop but cleaner and neater."

"I have more time these days to clean and keep things organized. I still work on a few racecars for friends but mostly I do welding and repairs on farm tractors and equipment."

She nodded and turned around to pop the hood latch inside the car. I found myself smiling as I looked at her bent over in the insulated coveralls and jacket. Both were big on her.

*****

I took the air cleaner off the engine. There wasn't any water inside. There was mud and water on the distributor and the electrical wires and stuff on the firewall. I used high pressure air and rags to clean everything up. I had her try and start it but it turned over grudgingly.

"Lets give it time to thaw out more. The cold probably has the oil thick," I said as I pulled the dipstick and felt of the oil. It felt thick and sticky. "Who changes your oil?" I asked as I plugged the dipstick back in.

"An old friend of my husbands from his racing days," she replied as she got out of the car. "Is there a problem?"

"From the feel of the oil, I'd say he was using a single weight oil. These newer engines like a multi weight oil. Not really a problem but...."

She sighed as she closed the car door. "I'm too trusting at times."

I grinned and said, "Says the lady in a strange shop with a complete stranger."

With a chuckle, Betty shook her head. "This shop feels like home and you're not nearly as strange as you may think you are."

With a frown, I replied, "There goes my dirty old man reputation."

She laughed and said, "I think it is time for more coffee while we wait on things to warm up."

"We're still talking about the car right?"

******

Back in the house, I took her coat and hung it up in the front hall along side my own. We left our boots by the door. She poured up two mugs of coffee and stirred in a teaspoon of sugar in mine. She passed me my mug and moved around to sit down at the counter.

I stood in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, and looking at her over the rim of my mug as I sipped the coffee. She was sitting on the stool doing the same at me. I chuckled and shook my head as I reached up and pulled the zipper at the top of my overalls down. It was warm in the house.

Betty looked at the open front of my overalls and frowned. I looked down at the t-shirt showing and then gave her a questioning look. She shivered and whispered, "I took my t-shirt off."

"Ah," I reached across and pulled on the zipper at the top of her overalls. Her eyes never left mine as I pulled the zipper down about four inches.

When I moved my hand away, she looked down and then looked at my face again. Her hand came up and pulled the zipper down another couple of inches. Now it was between her breasts.

"Cooler and not showing anymore than the dress last night," I said.

Her hand came up to play with the zipper. "Anymore and it won't be cooler," she whispered.

"An exhibitionist or do you just like to tease?" I asked.

She chuckled and said, "I didn't have a bra or panties under that dress last night or under the t-shirt earlier, so you might say the answer to that is both."

"My wife used to love to flash accidentally on purpose."

"I usually don't have the nerve to do it when I let myself think about it."

"Ah," I said as I reached over and pulled the zipper down another couple of inches.

Betty didn't look down but she shivered and worked her shoulders back and forth. "Cooler in one way and much hotter in another," she whispered a moment later.

As she moved her shoulders, the material at the front of the overalls opened and closed just a little. My eyes watched the strip of bare skin appear and disappear. "Sexy," I said as my eyes came back up to her face.

"Sexy is not a word I apply to myself at this age," she whispered softly.

"Sexy, like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder," I said with a wink.

"And your glasses are where?" She asked with a grin.

"I'm near sighted, so," I said as I downed the last of my coffee.

She chuckled and sat hers aside. "Want a refill?" She asked as she started to slide off the stool.

My eyes went to the front of her coveralls where they gaped open for a moment. "I'm coffeed out to tell the truth," I replied as my eyes returned to her face.

She had caught the movement of my eyes. With a shiver, she climbed back up on the stool. The coveralls gaped open again, only wider this time.

"Very well done," I said as my eyes once again came back up to her face.

With another shiver, she blushed slightly and made a soft whimpering sound. "I, uh... I didn't mean to do that. I had forgotten that you pulled the zipper down even lower."

I chuckled and sighed deeply. "I'm not complaining one bit. It brought back old memories. Good memories, at that."

She had a shy smile on her face as she placed the palms of her hands on the countertop and slid they apart as she sat up straighter. The front of the coveralls opened wider as she did. Her chest came forward as she pushed her shoulders back. The opening grew wider yet.

"A very beautiful tease," I said as I ran my eyes up and down the bare skin showing.

Betty made a half giggling laughing sound and blushed. "I could warm the engine oil up all by myself," she whispered.

"You are talking about the car engine, right?" I asked with a wink. She groaned softly and nodded her head. I chuckled and said, "I think you need to pull that zipper up before we both get in trouble."

She gave me a funny look as a big smile crossed her lips. She slid her hands forward until her forearms were on the counter top. The opening down between her breasts grew a little wider. A moment later, she arched her back and pulled her shoulders back. "I haven't been in trouble in such a long time," she whispered as the smile came back to her face.

Just to see what she would do, I reached across and ran a fingertip up and down in the opening, just barely brushing her warm skin. She made a whimpering sound and shivered hard. I moved my hand back and picked up my mug. "Maybe I do need more coffee."

Betty made the giggly laughing sound again and whispered, "Chicken."

I made chicken sounds as I went to get the coffee pot. I returned to refill her mug and then mine. I returned the pot to the machine and turned it off. As I stirred my sugar into my cup, I said, "That zipper seems to have a mind of its own."

"I have no idea what you are talking about," she said but she blushed when I turned around and looked at the zipper. It was several inches lower than it had been.

"Uh huh," I replied as I walked over to the counter and grinned at her. "A couple more inches and it will be open to your waist."

"I do like to tease," she said as she moved her right hand to the bottom of the opening and slipped it under the cloth. "I could move my hand down and tease myself or I could move my hand up and do the same," she whispered a moment later.

"That would be teasing us in either direction," I said as I raised my coffee mug.

As I took a sip, she raised her mug and did the same. As she lowered the mug, she sat up straight and shivered hard. "I'm as warm as buttery toast."

"And twice as slippery," I added with a wink.

She groaned softly and sat her mug down. "For sure, for sure," she whispered a moment later, as she moved her right hand up and down under the edge of the coveralls.

As she stopped her hand at the bottom of the opening, she shivered hard. I grinned and asked, "What flavor is that butter?"

She groaned softly as she pulled her hand out of the overalls and laid it on the counter top. "I, I, I," she stammered quickly.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that," I said softly.

She blushed as she whispered, "It's kind of spicy for butter."

I chuckled and nodded. "Kind of like the owner."

"I'm, uh, being, uh," she whispered and then shivered again. "I guess the word I want is naughty."

"Nope, you're just having a little fun with me," I told her.

"Not just you," she said as she picked up her mug.

"Since we both seem to be enjoying it, I guess all is good."

"It has been a long time since I've done anything even close to this."

I nodded. "I understand."

She smiled shyly and whispered, "I'm not sure I do but...."

"Butts are one of my favorite things," I said with a wink.

With a deep groan, Betty shivered hard and nodded. "Mine also."

"Interesting," I whispered and then downed the last of my coffee. "Okay, zip it up, the car should be warm by now."

"I know I am," Betty whispered under her breath.

*****

With the help of my battery charger and a short shot of warm gas in the carburetor, the car fired off on the second try. It ran rough for a minute or so and then smoothed out. As I pulled the clips for the battery charger off, I said, "Maybe you still have time to make it to your brother's place before he leaves."

Betty shook her head as she got out of the car. "They are packing for the airport by now. They're leaving early tomorrow morning."

"Sorry to hear that but you do have a way to get home at least," I said as I turned around from putting the battery charger on the shelf.

"Uh, are you trying to get rid of me?" Betty asked with her head cocked to the side.

"No, no, I'm just pointing out the obvious," I replied.

"How long should we leave the car running?" She asked to change the subject.

"Not long, unless I open the shop door. CO2 and all that."

Betty reached in the car and shut off the key. The motor stopped. She turned the key again and the car started right up. She turned it back off and grinned at me. "As good as new."

I grinned back at her and said, "As good as it was. I'm no miracle worker."

She chuckled and opened the back door on her car. She reached in and pulled out an overnight bag and a computer case. She used her hip to bump the door closed. "With all the snow and ice, I was hoping to impose on you for a while yet."

"As long as you like," I replied as I went over and took the overnight bag from her and closed the front door.

"Be careful what you wish for," she said with a wink.

I grinned and replied, "Are you talking to me or yourself?"

"Yes," she said with a soft laugh.

*****

Back in the house, our boots were by the door and our coats were hung up next to it. I went to my room to change and Betty went to hers.

I was in the kitchen trying to decide if I needed more coffee when she came into the living room. I did a double take. She had on a pair of red shorts and a white tank top. I could see the dark shadows of her areolas and her nipples made little tents in the soft cloth. A pair of her own socks were on her feet.

"Your normal way of dressing?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Pretty much," she replied and then added with a blush, "Except when it is hot summer and then I would be naked."

I nodded. "Sounds about like me."

"My husband and I were nudists around each other."

"My wife and I were nudists in our younger days. There is a nude resort not to far from here that we used to go to for camping and then there was the nude beach down on the coast."

Betty shivered. "We discussed going to a place like that but I never had the nerve to get naked around other people."

"I have a nice sun deck out back that is pretty private."

With a laugh, Betty said, "Not on your life. I'd freeze my ass off."

I laughed and nodded. "I meant later on when summer gets back."

She moved over and sat down by the fire. It was down to all coals. "So what do you do during the winter?"

"Not much. I deer hunt but usually get a deer early. After that, I sit and watch the world outside or tinker around in the shop. I also own a small machine shop in town but a good friend runs it for the most part."

Betty looked around and said, "I don't see a TV."

"Those things will rot your brain. My computer is in the cabinet over there and yes, I have wifi."

Betty chuckled. "So you recognized the laptop case."

I walked into the living room and picked up a chunk of wood from a stack at the end of the hearth. "I carried one everywhere until I retired," I said. "My old laptop is in the bedroom under the bed."

"I wonder what kind of stories it could tell," she said with a mischievous smile.

I placed the log on the grate above the coals. "I'm afraid my work reports, schedules, and payroll paperwork would probably be very boring," I replied.

"No sexy chats with young ladies all across the state?"

"Sorry, nothing like that, unless you count some flirting with an office secretary or two. How about on your laptop? Anything sexy or maybe some risqué pictures or videos?"

She laughed and sighed. "Nope, no pictures or movies. Not of me anyway. As for sexy, that might be in the eyes of the reader."

"Reader as in, you write?" I asked as I placed a second smaller chunk of wood in front of the first.

She nodded and replied, "Yes, I do but you aren't reading any of it. I'd die of embarrassment."

I did a double take and grinned. "You write porn."

"Uh, I like to call it erotica, it sounds better. Not that I normally mention it to anyone."

"Those old bodice ripping women's novels from way back when were erotica. Today, the internet is full of plain old porn," I said with a wink.

She grinned and said, "Those old bodice ripper stories are still being written and sell pretty well, believe me."

I shook my head. "My older sister used to read those things way back when. I skimmed a couple of them and wasn't impressed. I hadn't thought about it since then."

"The newer ones are more graphic, shall we say. You have to keep it on the romance side but," she said and then paused in thought. "It's kind of like the old movies where the good parts cut to black and now you get to see some of it. The new romances are very similar."

With a nod, I said, "Yeah, men are wired visual and women are more mental where stuff like that is concerned."

She gave me a funny look and then smiled. "You're smarter than you look."

"Hey, now!" I protested and she laughed. I shook my head, used the fireplace shovel to scoop up some of the coals, and sprinkled them in the crease between the two chunks of wood.

A moment later, she said, "Most men don't even try to figure out the differences between themselves and women."

"I was married to a woman who intrigued me for the whole time I was with her. She didn't do things the way I'd do them but her ways worked better most of the time. Her mind worked differently and showed me things that I'd never thought about."

"That says a lot about the both of you," Betty said with a sigh. "My husband seldom noticed anything I did. Just to get him to notice a new hair style, I probably would have had to shave my head."

With a chuckle, I asked, "Did he notice when you shaved other things?"

"I, uh," she said and then grinned. "He did the first time I shaved down there. It shocked the shit out of him."

"Seeing my wife's shaved didn't shock me since I was the one who shaved it."

Betty laughed. "My husband with a razor was a danger to himself so there was no way he was getting close to me."

I looked at Betty and cocked my head to the side as I asked a question, "What happened to your shy side."

With a light blush, she whispered, "Writer mode." Louder she said, "We were talking about writing and then you switched subjects. I stayed in writer's mode."

"In writer's mode, you sounded like my wife all the time. No topic was taboo."

"What, what about shock factors?" She asked.

I laughed and shook my head. "That only happened once. She turned on the light switch in the shop while I was wiring in a new light."

She looked at me almost in disbelief and shook her head. "I could shock my husband by mentioning my period."

"He always closed the door when he went to the bathroom," I said and she nodded. With a grin, I added, "Blame it on his mother."

Betty returned the grin and said, "I did. She was one of the most controlling people I ever met."

I continued to grin as I said, "Now that we have that settled, you were going to show me your porn, uh, erotica."

Betty laughed. "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

"There's nothing to show on my work laptop," I protested.

Her eyes narrowed and she asked, "How about on your desktop in the cabinet?"

"Now that is a whole other story," I said with a fake shiver.

"Ah ha, now we're getting somewhere."

"Uh, if you don't have pictures of yourself on your laptop, who is on there?" I asked as the thought crossed my mind.

"Inspiration," she said quickly.

"Ah, the same thing is on mine, especially the pictures of me and my wife. I used to love taking pictures and so did she."

Betty groaned softly. "My husband never took pictures. I took pictures of the kids and our vacations. Birthday parties and such."

"How about now?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I don't even own a camera anymore."

"Your laptop should have one unless it is ancient," I told her.

"It does and I use it to video chat with my daughter," she said and then frowned. "I haven't even taken my own picture."

I nodded. "Who would you give it to?" I asked. Before she could reply, I added, "I'm the same way. I video chat with my daughter and a couple of old friends but not very often."

Betty turned her head and looked at the flames flickering along the edges of the two pieces of wood in the fireplace. She smiled and said, "You did that so easily."

"Practice, lots of practice," I replied with a grin as I walked over to the cabinet with my computer in it. I opened the doors and flipped a shelf up. I pulled an office chair around in front and sat down.

Betty grinned and stood up. "I'll get my laptop," she said as she headed for the spare room.

When she returned, I had a TV tray set up with a dinning room chair in front of it. It was next to me where the office chair went when I wasn't using it. "There is a plug on the wall next to the cabinet," I told her.

My computer was up and running. She looked at my screen and said, "That is a nice picture. Where did you get it?"

The picture showed a nice buck and two does. "I took it from my deer stand back before the season started this year."

She opened her computer case and got her laptop out. As she placed it on the TV tray, she asked, "Is the buck in the freezer?"

I looked at her and shrugged. "There is one in the freezer but I'm not sure if it is the same one."

She squatted down and plugged the power supply in. As she attached it to her laptop, she sighed. "I've never eaten deer meat."

"It's very much like beef but without the fat," I said as she started up her laptop.

"I always heard it was tough," she said.

"Only if you cook it too fast or over a fire that is too hot," I replied.

Her desktop background came up to show a small dog and a cat laying side by side with their heads on their paws. They both had their eyes closed. "That's an interesting pair sleeping side by side," I said.

Betty chuckled. "I think they just have their eyes closed so they can't see what I'm typing."

I clicked on a shortcut and a folder marked, 'Personal Photos' came up. "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

With a shiver, she clicked on a shortcut and a folder marked, 'My Writing' came up. Then she clicked on another shortcut and a folder marked, 'Inspiration' came up. "Which should I start with?"

I clicked on the Folder on the screen and it divided into five more marked, Me, My Wife, Us, Friends and Family, and Porn.

She clicked on Inspiration and four new folders appeared. Male, Female, Both, and Other. "I guess we start here," she said with a grin.