Babysitting Duties

Story Info
When babysitting your friend's bratty fae goes wrong!
9.2k words
4.38
18.3k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sun was bright today with barely any clouds in the sky but Ezio and Zazi were in the shade due to the tall trees surrounding them. The sounds of insects chirping and birds squawking filled their ears as nature's scent filled their nose.

Ezio loved this. He had always been so in tune with nature. Feeling as though being in the tranquil environment was within his element. However, though his pet shared the same feelings, he wasn't feeling it right now.

"This is so unnecessary!" the chameleon pouted as they walked alongside his master. Holding his hand tight; squeezing it at certain points in anger.

"Zazi, we've been over this." Ezio sighed as he let go of his pet's hand to pat their head. "He'll only be watching you for a few hours. I'll be back before you know it!"

"I don't need to be watched! I'm not a baby!" the fae shot back, but that only made Ezio chuckle.

"Says the one who had to wear a diaper for a week."

Zazi blushed heavily; the pink hue resonating around their body. They turned their face away and huffed. "It was one accident, okay?!"

The reaction only made Ezio laugh more, which made Zazi pout more. They crossed their arms and looked at the ground. Their lips were scrunched up as they grumbled under their breath. Suddenly, they were yanked off of their feet and peppered with kisses all over their face. Zazi squirmed and wiggled in his arms. Moving their face away as much as possible, but nothing could avoid Ezio's kissing onslaught. It wasn't long until the pouting soon turned to cute giggling.

"Okay! Okay!" Zazi submitted as they giggled uncontrollably. Ezio smiled in his victory. His warm orange eyes met Zazi's before planting a small peck on their lips. He placed the fae back down and took hold of their hand as they continued walking.

Finally making it into the town of Luin. The town was a very lively one. People were out and talking with each other quite loudly. Different carriages came through transporting different goods. And, the number of different vendors they had in their market was astonishing. Ezio, on many occasions, has come through Luin's market in search of specific goods. In fact, the man he was looking for had been a vendor at the market as well.

They traveled further into town. Different people saw Ezio pass by and greet him. He was well known in many places, but especially here in Luin. His money and hospitality were always welcomed. Though, it did make Zazi a bit jealous.

However, before they knew it, they had reached their destination. It was a small house on the outside. A two-story home decorated with plants surrounding the porch and outside windows. While Zazi explored the plants, giving them a big whiff, Ezio knocked on the door three hard times.

Ezio heard movement within the home. There was a faint, incoherent speaking coming from within as well. It was a few more moments until the door swung open to reveal the person inside.

He had a lean figure noticeable from his tight-fitted dress shirt on. The top button was undone, and his sleeves were rolled up. His hair was a soft, fluffy snow white that allowed his emerald green eyes to pop more.

The man narrowed his eyes at the mage, who just shot a large grin back at him.

"Surprised to see us, Gale?" Ezio asked, with Zazi finally coming towards the door after enjoying the flowers they had found.

"Surprise is only one of the words I would use in this instance." Gale groaned, plopping his face into his hand, He shook his head for a few moments before picking it back up. "Alright, get in here!"

"Hmph. He doesn't seem to want to see us... Let's leave!" Zazi tried to leave but was immediately pulled back by their shirt. They squeaked as they were dragged into the house. Crossing their arms and grumbling more under their breath.

It had been a long time since Zazi was in Gale's house. Certain things were here that weren't there before. The interior was now decorated in many different assorted knick-knacks. The walls were a smooth wood pattern. He had carpet, tables, and other normal furnishings for a house. But, Zazi noticed that many of them looked different than he had seen before. They were more pristine. As if the material used in them was something rare.

Speaking of materials, Gale had plenty lying around. A pile of different sorts of woods and metals. His forge, though currently off it seemed freshly used, it was sat in the corner connected to the chimney. Many swords, daggers, and other weaponry were displayed around the living room. But, these weren't the creations that often made the fae nervous.

"So, what do I owe the visit?" Gale asked as he headed over to the table. There was a pot of tea sitting on the table and a half-drunken cup near it. Gale grabbed the pot before going over and getting another teacup. He sat it gently on the table before beginning to pour until it was near the brim. He picked up both cups and walked over to Ezio.

Ezio smiled, taking one teacup from him and nodding, "What? I can't just stop by to see my good friend?"

"You can, but you're not. Now, do I have to ask again or are you going to drop the coy act?" the man grinned as he took a sip of his tea.

Ezio did the same, though, steam began forming from his teacup as he sipped. Gale's eyes rolled, "Forgot you like your tea hot."

"I need a favor." That was all the mage had to say before Gale rolled his eyes and walked past him.

"I've told you this a million times, Matches! If you want good quality, you gotta pay the full price!"

Ezio jogged in front of him, putting his hand out so he wouldn't walk away again. "No, no! Not that kind of favor, my friend. Honest."

Gale glared at the man. There was always something when it came to Ezio. Where there was a favor, it always led to a nuisance for Gale. He crossed his arms as his mouth slanted. "Go on."

"It seems a group of rogue mages has been terrorizing the area." Ezio sighed, taking another sip of his tea. Gale nodded slowly, seeing the group stroll through and cause mayhem in Luin as well. "I've been tasked to put a stop to them."

"By yourself, huh?" Gale questioned, to which Ezio chuckled. "Well, when you have the magical powers coming from a literal fire god, you can do things on your own."

"Such is the life of a Deity Mage." Gale stated as he took another sip of his tea.

"However," the man added on as he went to take a seat on the couch. Zazi did the same, hopping onto it. To which the chameleon was met with a scowl by Gale. Zazi had remembered it well and the reason for it. With a pout and a roll of their eyes, they slowly took their feet off of the couch. "I still don't understand what this has to do with me, friend."

"Well, you see, dealing with them may be extreme. Too dangerous for certain pets to come along." Gale's eyes shot wide.

"No!" he exclaimed as he slammed his teacup on the table, with droplets splashing out and onto the table.

"You don't even know-"

"I am not babysitting them again!" Gale exclaimed, to which Zazi crossed their arms. "I didn't want you to babysit me anyway!"

Ezio shot a stern look at his pet, to which they silenced themselves once more. He sighed, flipping some of his long dreads out of his face and he looked at his frustrated friend again.

"Twenty-five." That was all Gale said. Flatly, staring directly at Ezio with his teeth gritted.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Twenty-five swats were what the mayor gave me for the ruckus this brat made last time I watched them!" Gale elaborated, his face becoming flush. Peaking over to see Zazi sitting there with a big grin on their face. As if the only thing they were missing was a halo over their head.

"Ahh." Ezio exclaimed, exhaling as he did so. He had forgotten about their last encounter. Though, he couldn't imagine him forgetting Gale getting his bottom warmed. He quite liked those memories.

"With the cane, I made him too! Do you know just how embarrassing it was to be caned in front of all the townsfolk!? They were calling me the Redsmith for weeks afterward!" Gale vented. His embarrassment was not the only reason he was red in the face. The mere thought of the caning got had him bouncing in place.

"Oh, I remember." Ezio chuckled to himself, "I was there when it was happening. And was the one who rubbed lotion on your cute, striped tush afterward."

Gale's face became a vibrant red. Small, squeaking sounds could be heard as he spoke. "T-that's not the point I'm making!"

"I'm surprised that slipped my mind. I had such a fun time playing with your sore bottom. Small, yet so soft and plump..." Ezio began to go on, his voicing trailing as he stared off. The talk of his blacksmith's rear made him squeal, especially coming from Ezio.

"We're getting sidetracked-"

"And so lovely for other activities that day..."

"Ezio!"

The mage returned to reality, shaking the haze out his head while noticing his friend's flustered disposition. Ezio was always good at making Gale blush so hard. He took it as an honor, actually.

"Apologies, friend! I got lost in a very, very nice memory." He smirked, that devious grin being all too familiar for him and Zazi.

Gale's eyebrows lowered; his eyes still squinted at the fire mage. "The answer is no."

Ezio's expression changed. His face dropped; his eyes wide as his mouth slanted.

"Please, Gale." He said, his tone was low and pleadingly, "I would really appreciate it. I'll even owe you one for it!"

The mage tried to cajole. Gale thought for a moment, looking at both Ezio and Zazi. Truthfully, he didn't want to turn them away. As infuriating Gale can be, he valued him as a friend. And, like many of the vendors here, his money was good.

The man sighed, "Fine, I'll do it."

Ezio's face rose right back up. A huge smile was painted in the middle of his goatee as he went over and wrapped his arms around the blacksmith. Gale shook his head before reciprocating. Ezio's hugs were always nice; so warm and comforting. "Yea, yea, yea! Now get out before I change my mind!"

After letting go of the man, Ezio went over to the couch where his pet had seen the entire ordeal. Zazi looked up at their master; their eyes were wide as their bottom lip poked out. They sniffled, trying to garner as much sympathy as they could.

"Aww, my poor kaleidoscope." Ezio cooed, his voice smooth as honey. Running his fingers through his pet's hair. They hummed, shooting a soft smile up at him. However, Zazi was met with a collar and leash latching around their neck.

"Ugh!" they grumbled loudly, turning their head away from Ezio once more. But, Ezio gently grabbed their chin and turned them back to face him.

"Now, I want you to be a good little pet for Mr. Demerci, understand?" Ezio told them. Zazi just shook their head; they knew there was no way of getting out of this. And they couldn't understand why! To them, they didn't know why they needed one. They were big! Well, at least to them they were.

"Yea, yea, yea..." they tried to speed past, but Ezio was persistent. His brows lowered as his eyes carried a serious gaze.

"Good, because if I return and he tells me you've been misbehaving, you won't even be able to dream about sitting down. Clear?"

"Eeep-!" the chameleon squeaked as their skin turned to pink under their master's words. "Y-yes, Daddy! Crystal!"

The serious expression soon turned to a happy one; giving them more pets and head scratches to return them to their purple outlook.

After a few moments, Ezio was beginning to head out the door. But not with turning back and waving the two goodbyes. Gale waved, shinning an exaggerated grin at him. Zazi waved as well, but their expression was more somber. They always hated being away from Ezio, and they both knew it.

"I'll be back soon, little one." Ezio reassured, putting his palm to his lips, and kissing it. He moved his hand down and blew a kiss their way. Zazi beamed in glee; quickly snatching the blown kiss out of the air and holding it close to their chest.

Ezio shot a warm smile once more before walking out of the door. After a few seconds passed, the exaggerated smile turned to a vexed frown. He looked down at Zazi, who was showing that innocent smile they'd trick many with.

"Listen here, you little gremlin-"

"Hey! I resent that!" Zazi scoffed, "I'm a fae, not a gremlin!"

Gale let out a deep exhale, leaning down to get on their level.

"Here's how this is going to work. You will not leave this house without my explicit say-so. You will not go around and touch anything around this house without my explicit say-so. And, most importantly, you will not get into any sort of paint! We will not have a repeat of last time! Understand me?"

The chameleon figure nodded their head excitedly. Gale squinted, trying to figure out their motive. So many different things went through his head about what they could be planning. Too many to properly think through, He sighed, only hoping that this time doesn't lead to a sore bottom like the last.

A few hours had passed since Ezio had left. Gale had spent most of his time in his office finishing the design of a new paddle. It was a small paddle, being as big as his hand. It was clear, with gleaming sparkles. He smiled, satisfied with how it came out. Though, now he needed to test it out. Though, he couldn't decide if he wanted it on himself or someone else. He went over to his trench coat. He opened the right side of it, examining many of the other implements he had stored in it. There had been a few free spots, to which he placed the new paddle in one.

Cleaning up his area, he had noticed something. It was quiet. Entirely too quiet. His heart raced, rushing to the door before swinging it open. When it opened, he saw the fae just sitting on the couch watching television. They looked over and gave the man an innocent wave. He paused for a moment, blinking a few times. Gale had been checking on them like this all throughout the day. But, they had been like this the entire time. It was unlike Zazi to be this quiet for so long. To not even let out a single bratty quip and such.

"Um, Zazi?" he stated asking, looking around for anything that was out of place. "Ya doing okay there, little one?"

They nodded before going right back to the show they were watching. Gale's head tilted; he couldn't find anything touched or messed with. They were being good. He was so surprised but incredibly happy.

"Such a good little one, I'm very proud-" Gale began to say as he walked over to them but stopped. He noticed one thing different: the smell. Usually in his home, there was always a faint whiff of different woods, metals, or ores. But, all he could smell was the stench of burnt fruits and sweets. Nothing distinguishable, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was what that meant.

"Is that...?" Gale trailed off as he walked over to them. The entire time, Zazi still had yet to say a word. Even when they were being good, not speaking was unlike them. Unless it wasn't really them. With a hover over their head to pet, Zazi gave a wink before beginning to dissipate. Gale stood stunned before his expression soon turned to anger.

"Glamor magic! Damnit!"

Glamor magic was one of the many things that faes could do, and Zazi was no exception. A magical ability that allowed its holder to create great illusions depending on how powerful they are. It made sense as to why he hadn't heard a peep out of the chameleon for hours. But, now lies a much more troubling set of questions. Where was Zazi? And what exactly was Zazi doing?

In what felt seconds, Gale searched his entire house for any sign of the pesky fae. Turning the entire house upside down. Checking in every hiding spot he knew of and trying to find new ones. But, there was nothing, except one thing. In his bedroom, he flung the door opened and checked under the bed and closet. Until he noticed the window open. Something he didn't leave open.

"Shit!" Gale cursed before rushing downstairs, practically jumping down them. He went into his office and grabbed his trench coat. In what motion, he threw it on himself and went out the door.

"Watch the chameleon, they said. It won't be as hard as the last time, they said. Ugh!" Gale grumbled to himself as he searched around Luin. He didn't know where to start looking. He couldn't even pinpoint when they left. He had only his hopes and intuitions. And, right now, his hopes were that they'd stayed in the town area and not gone to the market.

"Gale! Demerci!"

The blacksmith flinched, stopping right in his tracks. Had their terrorizing already begun? He slowly turned his head, knowing that voice all too well. When turned fully, he saw a shopkeeper. A half-elf; incredibly tall and slender one as well. His hair was long, and his beard was even longer. Very majestic, going down to his chest with white hair sprinkled throughout.

"Rifaerd!" Gale exclaimed, opening his arms as he marched towards him in artificial glee. "How are you, my friend? And might I say your beard is looking quite stunning today!"

Rifaerd shook his head. His eyes were filled with judgment and dismay. "Your words mean nothing to me, Redsmith. Did you not learn from the last time you had that fae around?"

Gale rolled his eyes. That name didn't seem to be going away any time soon.

"Yeaaaa, Zazi! Zazi's just getting some fresh air! Stretching their legs! Ya know...chameleon things." Gale tried to come up with a proper excuse, but it fell on deaf ears.

"Yea, I can tell! The bloody scamp done run around and muddied up my store!" Rifaerd exasperated, his right ear twitching a bit. Gale peaked around the man to see his once clean floors covered in muddy footprints. Gale grimaced, sharply inhaling through his teeth.

"Get them, now!" the half-elf shouted with much vigor. Gale nodded, standing straight and feet flat as he put his hand at the side of his forehead. "Sir, yes sir!"

Before Gale went off to find the pet, he looked back at Rifaerd. He took the man by the hand, to which a small blush grew on his face.

"And, one of these days we need to finish up your implement. Maybe even get it a lovely test. How's that sound?" the man said. His tone changed into a smooth, charming tone. A charm that seemed to be working on the half-elf. They giggled as their face went flush red, twiddling his thumb on Gale's soft, yet firm hands.

"Curse you and your words..." Rifaerd uttered, shooting a soft smile at the white-haired man. A wink was sent right back at him before Gale let go and went towards the market. At least, when all of this was settled, he had something to come back to.

But, Gale couldn't focus on that now. He walked, nearing a jog, to the market. It was crowded; everyone was back-to-back with one another. There was no way of getting through it without any bumping. Luckily, this wasn't the first time Gale had to maneuver through the packed market.

He looked as best as he could. The crowd made things incredibly difficult. The moment he thought he saw someone resembling Zazi, the pushing and shoving and maneuver he would have to go through would have lost track of them. Plus, he was known around the market. Most of the people he's going around were many of his customers, who would stop and pester him with questions about his practice.

He was flattered but had no time for the questions. But, when he shooed one-off, two more would take their place. He swarmed him like a gaggle of geese. It was overwhelming for the blacksmith.

KY-AHHH!

Everything stopped. It was quiet, with everyone turning towards where the scream came from. The people stared in shaken curiosity, including the swarm surrounding Gale. He wasted little time. He crept around the crowd, avoiding any contact as much as he could. His movement resembled water as he flowed through the crowd.

As he got closer to the alarming scream, a loud chatter could be heard. It wasn't similar to the usual noise of those talking amongst one another in the market. These sounded enraged and distressed.