Back Home

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sabrina chose some jeans, tank tops and sneakers for herself. Emma chose some clothes for herself including a bathing suit.

This was an experience he felt sure he would never forget... and definitely never repeat, he thought grimly. Women were crazy.

Michael was pushing the cart after them. Sabrina and Emma had their heads together, and there seemed to be an awful lot of giggling and laughing mixed in with their quiet talking. He was dying to know what they were saying, but couldn't have heard had he tried, with all the noise around.

He approached Sabrina and said, "I'll pay for your clothes, Sabrina. After all, it's my fault that you have to buy new ones."

"You don't have to do that, Michael."

"I know, but I want to. Please, I'll feel better if you let me do it."

"Uncle Michael is mad rich," Emma told her with amusement. "Let him pay, He will feel better."

"Okay, if you insist. You're very kind, Michael."

"It's the least I can do."

Emma walked several steps ahead of them, giving them some privacy.

"I have to admit traveling with you has been fun. I'm having more fun than I've had for a long time. It has been great for Emma too. You're good for her," Michael confessed.

"She's a really sweet kid," Sabrina laughed, and said, "Well, except for the part about being determined that I should wear sexy lingerie."

Michael laughed with her.

"I guess she was trying to catch my attention. She has been living with me for the last few weeks. She saw how lonely my life has been, just work and grieving. I think she's determined to hook me up with someone."

"How do you feel about it?"

"Not as reluctant as I was before yesterday."

She bit her lip, and blushed. "Good to know."

Michael stared after her, stunned she wasn't averse to the idea.

When they reached the food court, Emma waved at them and they all sat at a table and checked out the menu.

"What are you going to order?" Emma asked Sabrina.

"A cheeseburger, French fries and Coke." Sabrina decided, closing her menu.

"Hmm. I guess I'll get the same," Emma said.

"I'll have the same too." Michael stood up to get them.

He came back carrying a tray some minutes later, and they turned their attention to the burgers and fries placed in front of them. The food smelled surprisingly delicious.

"Aren't you going to finish your fries?" Emma asked. Seeing the way the teenager was greedily eyeing her plate, Sabrina grinned and pushed it toward her, saying, "Go ahead. I'm done. They are not good for my hips."

Emma immediately fell on the remaining fries.

Sabrina watched enviously as the girl gobbled them, almost sorry she'd given them up.

Her gaze slid to Michael. He smiled at her with a mouth full of burger.

Emma glanced to her uncle and pointed a fry at him as she spoke. ""You two should go out together. You definitely need to have some fun, Uncle."

"I go out," he assured her defensively.

"No you don't. Signing books doesn't count."

Michael looked back at her niece not knowing what to say.

"Seriously. Aunt Molly says you haven't had a date in ages."

Sabrina bit her lip, knowing what Emma was up to. At this point it was more than obvious than she and Molly had plotted to get Michael and her together.

"I really think it would do you both a lot of good." Emma insisted.

"Thank you, Dr. Phil." Sabrina joked.

"I already feel better," Michael said quietly, and sounded surprised by the realization. "I guess this change in routine and scenario did do me some good. Now eat your food. I want to reach Middletown before it gets dark."

Sabrina stared at Emma, amazement sliding through her. The girl was frighteningly brilliant.

***

"Mmmm, this really is good," Emma murmured, dipping her spoon into her ice cream and scooping out a large mouthful.

"I told you it was." Sabrina shifted around in the front seat and smiled at Emma.

They'd driven five hours and then Michael stopped at a gas station so the girls could go to the bathroom. Sabrina took the chance to call her parents again and let them know she was expecting to arrive home for dinner and that she was bringing guests.
On the way out of town, they also decided to stop for ice cream much to Michael's dismay.

Sabrina settled back in her seat, her gaze sliding to Michael who was concentrating on driving.

"You really should pull over and eat yours before it completely melts, Michael. It will only take a couple minutes. I promise you it'll be the best thing you've ever tasted."

"We're behind schedule. Betsie is counting on you." Michael joked.

When Michael didn't continue, Emma suggested, "Why don't you feed him, Sabrina. That way he doesn't have to stop, but can still enjoy it."

Sabrina's eyes widened. "Oh, I don't think he'll like that."

"Just pretend he's a cranky child you have to feed," Emma said with amusement.

Sabrina glanced down at the melting sundae. It did seem a shame for it to go to waste. It was good ice cream. She hesitated, but they were pulling up to a red light and it wouldn't interfere with his driving, so she scooped up a healthy selection of ice cream and topping and leaned over to offer her spoon to him.

Michael eyed the offering and opened his mouth.

Sabrina moved the spoon between his open lips, watching silently as he closed his mouth around it and the ice cream. He closed his eyes with a long moan that sounded almost sexual.

Sabrina stared wide-eyed as he savored the food, then withdrew the now clean spoon and sank back in her seat uncertainly.

"Told you you'd like it," Emma said with amusement from the backseat.

The light changed and Michael urged the car forward again. Sabrina kept feeding him till he'd eaten the whole thing.

Then her phone rang and she answered without checking the screen, thinking it might be her parents.

"Sabrina? It's John Harding. I'm sorry to bother you. I called your home and your dad told me you were already on your way back."

"Hi, John. It's no problem," she said. "What can I do for you?"

"We're having trouble getting the calf out of Betsie as we expected," he said in his deep voice.

"Okay, John, We're two hours away from your farm more or less. Can you tell what the problem is?"

"The calf is positioned so that it can't be born."

Sabrina frowned.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm going to need several clean towels, sharp scissors, dental floss, iodine tincture, some lube, something to sanitize my hands, a glove and garbage bags. I don't have my medical bag with me."

"No problem, Sabrina. I'll have everything ready when you arrive. Thank you."

Sabrina hung up and looked at Michael who said, "I know, I know. Step on the gas. We have a calf to save. Betsie and her baby are counting on you."

CHAPTER 6Two hours later they arrived at Harding's farm. John was waiting for them. Betsie was laying in a clean and disinfected spot he had prepared in the barn.

"Something's wrong, Sabrina," John explained. "Betsie's in too much pain."

Sabrina removed her watch and rings. Washed the cow's vulva using warm water and mild soap. Then she pulled on a glove and liberally coated it with lube.

"I need to determine in which position the calf is stuck in and how to correct it." She said, then gently worked her hand into the vulva.

Michael and Emma looked at her with amazement.

"No matter how many times I do this, it's still absolutely amazing to feel the calf, curled up inside its mother." She said to no one in particular.

Betsie moved and shook and John did her best to calm her down.

"Easy Betsie, Sabrina is here to help," John Harding murmured.

"Betsie is doing her best to push the calf out. When contractions let up, I have to work quickly to determine which parts of the calf are present in the birth canal." Sabrina explained.

"Normal birth position for a calf is nose and front hooves first. If these are not the first body parts I see protruding, it is time to call Sabrina," farmer John said placing a big hardened hand on Emma's shoulder.

"The calf is in the wrong position," Sabrina announced suddenly, her voice grim.

"Can you turn the baby yourself, Sabrina?" Emma asked with concern.

"I'm going to try to turn the baby manually, but it's risky" Sabrina explained her. "You'll need to hold her still, John."

John nodded.

"What are you waiting for?" Emma asked.

"I have to wait for the contraction to end," Sabrina said helplessly and they all waited. It seemed to go on forever, but finally ended.

She finally eased her hand in to try to turn the calf so it could be born.

"Why can't you do it during the contractions, Sabrina?" Emma asked.

"If a contraction hit Betsie while my hand is inside her... Well... Let's say that the cow's muscles crushing down around my poor hand is not a good thing."

"Be careful, Sabrina." Emma pleaded.

Sabrina winked at Emma and said, "The inside of a cow is extremely fragile and if me or the calf tear her internally, Betsie could die. I'm cupping my hand over the hooves and working carefully."

Emma was squeezing Michael's hand really hard, looking at Sabrina with eyes full of admiration.

"Now I'm going to try to manipulate the calf into a normal birthing position..." Sabrina's forehead was covered with sweat. Her face was scrunched up with concentration. "I think... that should do it," she muttered and leaned back slightly.

After fiddling with it for a while, the front hooves and half of a calf's head appeared from the birth canal. "Good job!" Sabrina shouted. Very soon, the calf's small body emerged. It had just arrived in this world, and could not even stand properly, before it fell to the ground. Betsie started licking the amniotic fluid off its body to help it breathe.

"If it's not cleared away pretty quick, they die." Sabrina explained

"Is it all right?" Emma asked anxiously.

"Yes, it is," Sabrina said taking her glove off.

"I thought the calf was going to die. My heart was breaking." Emma said softly.

"No calf dies if Sabrina is here," John stated with pride, and looking at her he added. "You can wash yourself in the house, dear."

Sabrina nodded and headed to the old house.

"I'll go with you. I need to use the bathroom." Michael said.

"Yes, of course. Sabrina will tell you where it is. I'll stay here with Emma." John offered.

They walked a few steps away from the barn and then Michael said, "What you did back there amazing. You saved two lives."

"The miracle of a new life is always amazing."

"You're officially Emma's new hero." Michael remarked.

Sabrina shrugged, uncomfortable with the statement. "I'm not a hero. I just did my job."

"You're too humble, which is another thing I like about you."

They entered the house using the back door and Sabrina said.

"The bathroom is over there. I'll scrub my hands here in the kitchen."

"I don't really need to use the bathroom. I just wanted to talk to you alone."

"Oh? What about?" Sabrina looked at Michael, curious.

He was fidgeting with his fingers uncomfortable.

"I guess I owe you an apology for my behavior. I was tired and irritable the day I met you and I acted like an ass. I'm truly sorry"

"In my line of work I have to learn to deal with asses," Sabrina said with a mischievous smile. "Apology accepted, but you really were not that bad. Molly put you in an awkward situation. She forced you out of your comfort zone. It was natural you were in a bad mood at first."

"It was more than that. The only person I cared about was me and my pain. I was locked in myself. This trip helped me to see that."

"I think you're too hard on yourself," Sabrina told him quietly. "You're going through a hard time. It's all right not to be all right. You were a bit rude at first, but it doesn't change the fact that you're a good person. You were willing to drive a stranger on a long trip back home. You went out in the pouring rain to get Emma and me some dry and clean clothes to wear. You bought me a new outfit, sexy lingerie included."

Sabrina smiled at Michael making him laugh.

"Most important, you took care of your niece when she needed you, and did your best to make her feel better."

"And failed miserably..."

"I wouldn't say so. She told me about the talk you two had at the hotel. You really helped her."

"I'm glad I did. It's feels good. Thank you for telling me. You were right about her. She is suffering but she's hiding that some place deep inside. I think she doesn't want people to pity her."

"Molly was right about you. You're a good person, Michael. You are kind. You are loving. You are generous."

Michael smiled up at her, but his voice was earnest, "Molly was right about you too: you're really special, Sabrina. You are a beautiful, intelligent, strong and sweet woman. The kind of woman any man could easily fall in love with."

Sabrina blushed deeply, tucking a loose piece of her hair behind her ear.

"I like you Sabrina and I'd like to get to know you better."

"I'd like that too, Michael. Now we should stop throwing flowers at each other and get going. My family is still waiting for us."

CHAPTER 7

The sun was about to set, and the rosy sunset was about to be swallowed by the dark blue of the night.

A sign warning of the approach of the off-ramp that led to Middletown appeared ahead, and Michael stared at it, rather surprised. He hadn't thought that much time had passed since they'd left the farm, but then he supposed he'd been a bit distracted with their conversation.

Sabrina squirmed in her seat in anticipation of seeing her family again.

"That was the first time I've seen the birth of a calf, it was amazing." Emma was too excited to stop talking. "And you were amazing, Sabrina. I think I'd like to be a vet like you when I grow up."

"This was also my first time," Michael added.

"It's not my first, but every time is just as amazing as the first." Sabrina said, then she pointed ahead and said, "Turn left on the next block and park in front of the house with the picket fence."

Michael parked the SUV in front of Sabrina's house. It was easy to recognize it, her whole family were waiting for them on the porch.

"You're finally here, Sis! I missed you!" Maggie announced, rushing forward to clasp Sabrina's hands as she stepped out of the SUV.

"Sorry for being so late. We had an unscheduled stop," Sabrina muttered apologetically. "Betsie had problems giving birth and I had to help her."

"John Harding called to let us know you were on your way. Well, you're here now. That's all that matters," Paul said with a smile.

"Mom, Dad, this is Michael, Molly's brother; and this lovely young lady at his side is Emma, his niece. Michael was kind enough to drive me safely here after the party." Sabrina said introducing them to her family.

Paul extended his hand to Michael and said, "Nice to meet you. I'm Paul, thanks for bringing her home safe."

"Nice to meet you too, Sir. It was my pleasure." Michael shook Paul's big hand. He really meant it.

Just a day ago he was telling Molly that he wasn't interested in having a relationship. He was comfortably numb in his solitude, hiding in his apartment, his books and his routine. He kept his heart safe behind the wall he'd built around it, but now that life seemed so far away. How could Sabrina become so important to him so quickly?

Releasing Sabrina, Maggie moved to clasp Emma's hands, and said, "Hi, Emma! I'm Maggie, Sabrina's sister. You are going to sleep in my room. Dad already installed another bed." She beamed and smiled at the girl.

"They are staying, aren't they?" Maggie turned her head to look at her big sister. She was thrilled to have another girl her own age to chat and play with.

Sabrina pretended to think, "I'm not sure I'll be able to stand Emma much longer. A day of her never ending chatter was enough for me."

"I don't know who you think you're fooling, Sabrina," Emma said with amusement bumping her hip. "I know you like me."

She was right.

"Of course, they are staying, Sis. We made a very long and tiring trip and we all need to eat something and get a long rest. Especially Michael," Sabrina said at once, slipping between Maggie and Emma to put an arm around each female and urge them toward the house, leaving Michael to follow with her parents. "You'll have to lend her some clothes. We forgot our suitcases in Molly's car."

"Your suitcases arrived some hours ago." Mary, Sabrina's mother announced. "Molly's parents sent them."

"Yay!" Emma exclaimed.

"Please sit down. We kept supper warm for you." Mary said as she hurried to the kitchen.

"Thank you, Mary. We don't want to impose..." Michael started to say.

"Nonsense. You're welcome to stay here as long you want. There's plenty of room in the house." Paul said.

Michael followed Sabrina's parents through an open kitchen with a breakfast counter, then into a large dining area with a beautiful fireplace. Sabrina went to her room to wash herself and change clothes.

Dinner was pretty animated, since Emma, Michael and Sabrina related their adventures to the family. They all laughed when they told them how they all fell in a puddle of rainwater.

"It looked like a gag taken from a Three Stooges film," Michael explained making everyone laugh.

Then Sabrina winked at Emma and asked, "Maggie have you finished reading the last "Werewolf Vigilante" book?

Emma put her hands up to her face to hide a smile.

"Yes, I did. 'Claws of Justice' it's awesome."

"Here we go," Mary said rolling her eyes.

"The way Angel made justice for those girls was soooo amazing. Angel is so sweet and dark and funny and sexy that you can't help but love him. I can't wait till the next book is published!" Maggie was moving her arms as she talked, clawing the air like her favorite character.

"Angel is the name of the main character, the werewolf vigilante" Mary explained leaning towards Michael.

Sabrina rolled her eyes. "He knows, mother." Then turning to his sister she asked her. "Could you fetch the book, Maggie?"

Maggie rushed to her room and returned with the book in record time. She looked at Sabrina waiting for further instructions.

"Look at the back cover, Sis."

Maggie turned the book, looked at the cover and then looked back at Sabrina.

"What am I supposed to look for?"

"Take a look at Mr. Moon's picture," Sabrina added with a smile.

There was a small black and white portrait of Michael, the kind of pictures where shadows cover half the person's face.

Maggie looked at the picture for a while frowning, "Okay, I'm looking at the picture of Mr. Moon, now what?"

Sabrina took the book out of her sister's hands and placed it over one side of Michael's face. "See any resemblance?"

Maggie's eyes went huge with realization.

"You... are... H.W.L. MOON!" she finished with a shriek of excitement.

"You're busted, Uncle." Emma laughed.

Michael stiffened at Maggie's emotion. "Err... yes. I guess I am. Ta da!" He shot a glance at Sabrina shaking his head.

"OH MY GOD! I can't believe it! I'm having dinner with H.W.L Moon!" Maggie's face was flushing with excitement. "I loved 'Born to Claw' one and two. They are amazing! YOU are amazing!"

Maggie was out of herself while Michael sat there in obvious discomfort.

"Manners, Maggie. You shouldn't shout," Mary corrected her daughter gently. "Besides I think Mr. Moon doesn't appreciate fans screaming at him."

"Actually it's Blakesley. It stands for the name of a town in Northamptonshire, itself meaning 'Blæcwulf's meadow' in Old English. That's where I got the idea of the werewolf. Moon is my pen name. But please call me Michael."

The rest of dinner was a Q&A session. Maggie was asking most of them at first, but Emma, Sabrina and Mary joined her. Even Paul asked a couple of questions too.