All Comments on 'Back of Bourke'

by ausfet

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Westie

I know the real Westie from Ipswich! The civil contractor!

ausfetausfetover 6 years agoAuthor
Westie

Whoops. That was a coincidence I wasn't counting on!

mordbrandmordbrandover 6 years ago
How do you consider this romance?

5 pages of random erotic couplings with one page 'briefly' devoted to a possible romance. Not to mention most of the 5 pages dealt with a willing cuckold's spouse banging anything that moved.

The equivalent example to this would be someone writing 5 pages of a hot wife tale, ending on page 6 with a couple of paragraphs about how the hot wife's friend discovered FTL travel sometime in the future, and then posting the story in Sci-fi/Fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Mordbrand's comment

Because this is what passes for romance in the dusty backward state that is Queensland, Australia. I'm surprised the characters of Westie and Evie didn't end up in a paddock and get one of the livestock involved.

No wonder everybody leaves Brisbane for Sydney and Melbourne....

No offense to any Qlders or NSWelshmen!

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 6 years ago
This is good! How did I miss this?

I’m sorry to read such disparaging and mean-spirited comments. Is the goal to discourage good writers and drive them away? What about new writers trying out their wings? Ausfet says she’s done with us and I can’t help but think nasty, unconstructive comments contributed to that. Come back, Ausfet!

The story itself is anything but random. The female protagonist has experiences that change her and lead her to a new beginning. That’s a story arc, and it’s well told with clear and lucid language. There’s humor, weird and delightful Aussie slang, and plenty of hot, kinky sex...and a happy ending. This is first rate, high quality storytelling, well edited, devoid of cliches, and available at no cost to us but our time. Thanks, Ausfet.

TemerityViewsTemerityViewsover 5 years ago
Westie and Evie

I was sure within the first page that Westie and Evie would end up together. I really liked this story. I thought it was funny and irreverent. An absolute delight. It needs a few grammatical fixes.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 5 years ago
Re: Mordbrand and supporting Anon comments:

Since neither of you have sufficient soul to appreciate life it might be better for you if you kept away from proper, grown up story telling. Less likelihood of spontaneous head implosions. :-) 5 Stars without a doubt. Your writing has such a natural and vital flow to it I'm amazed that you aren't a published author. Or maybe you is but modestly cloak yourself neath a bushel or two? Ta muchly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userausfet@ausfet
Don't get too excited, I'm not dead. Thanks to everyone who has emailed, voted and commented. Thanks also to the lovely folk who have edited my stories and provided advice. About me: 38, married, two kids, two dogs, live in Brisbane. To answer some of the most commonly...