All Comments on 'Back to Back Pt. 07'

by TurbulenceAhead

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I opened the website to check on your well being and was pleasantly surprised to see that you’ve uploaded your latest chapter. I was worried that you were dealing with some personal matters or, worse yet, Perfectionism Paralysis (which I know all too well). I’m sorry that you had to deal with the laptop drama, but I think you should just strive to work at a pace that is best for you (rather than feel pressured to attempt a quick turnaround).

We’re grateful for your story and understand if you need more time. Some of the best stories on this site have chapters uploaded 4-5 weeks apart. Though, unexpected delays may make many of us worry about you. Speaking of… I’m just happy to see that you’re okay. 🥰

JC4SC87JC4SC87over 1 year ago

Oh! I forgot to provide story feedback. 😒

I hope Artie and Miles start being more honest with one another over Thanksgiving break: with Artie being honest with Miles, and Miles being honest with himself.

It’s sad that Artie’s “unrequited” crush is disturbing his mental health. So I hope the boys have THE conversation before he does anything rash, or worse, finds himself in Liam’s path (without Miles’ protection)

Yoshirainbow96Yoshirainbow96over 1 year ago

Ugh, the way this chapter had me quietly crying! I love these two so much I hope they get the happiness they deserve. Amazing writing as usual, you really know how to pull the heart in every direction. Keep up the amazing work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yay!! New update, been checking daily for this! I hope Miles realises how he feels towards Artie. But, I wonder if he’ll have a harder time accepting it 🤔 I hope not. I love the long chapters but I think shorter chapters and more often would be better. I need my Artie and Miles fix 🤣🤣. Thanks for the chapter! No worries about the delay, glad we got the chapter 😁😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have NEVER commented on a story before and I’ve read many stories on this site for many years. I lie to you not when I say I looked to see if I missed the latest installment, just last night. I was overwhelmingly surprised to see an update from you this morning. I echo the sentiment of another when I say I’m glad that means that you’re ok. Long or short, I don’t really care, just as long as I’m able to read more of this story. Lol.. I’m that hooked!

IrishPervBiIrishPervBiover 1 year ago

This really is a very sweet story with such relatable characters. The feeling of mutual unrealized yearning is a very satisfying one to read. I'm honestly surprised this is your first story, since the characters are very nicely done!

readerfeederreaderfeederover 1 year ago

the slow burn with these two is so good!

Miles is hilariously oblivious to his own feelings - it would be maddening if he wasn't so earnest and sincere. Wish Artie would just tell him what's up but I know that's a momentous thing to do.

Can't wait for the next installment!

dnsontndnsontnover 1 year ago

First things first: totally worth the wait for Artie, Miles and you, TurbulenceAhead, to drop by. Even Pissy Rissy (though you called her ‘Nat’ around the ‘death glare’ line.). To follow the intimacy of the camping trip with this level of pain is rough. And incredibly well done. Seems wrong to be pleased that Nat dumped Miles but that eliminates the possibility of, well, cheating, right? Miles is the best kind of bro so we wouldn’t want that for him. Hoping the holiday away gives these guys something to be thankful for. Five Fricking Stars, no doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WOW, part 7 was one huge emotional ride and totally worth the wait. My heart was aching for both of these young men. Hopefully they'll start opening up about their feelings after all of this. As far as installments go, I think I lean toward shorter and sooner. That being said, as author of this great story, whatever you decide is fine. MLF

InsomniZachInsomniZachover 1 year ago

I love this series so much, glad you're back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This chapter was frustrating for me to read. It is so obvious that both guys gather much joy from each other so to read about their distance, their disconnect, their deepening concern and even depression was so hard. I hope that Artie is brave enough to believe their friendship (yes, love) is strong enough to withstand his honesty. And I hope Miles is truthful enough to realize his feelings for Artie are much more than brotherly and he allows himself to explore a more intimate, physical and romantic connection. Both seem unable to determine what they really feel for each other and others in their lives. People like Nat and Connor are unfortunate collateral damage as they figure this out. Please provide more story - however works best for you. Love these characters and the tale you are creating. Thanks.

StraycatndcStraycatndcover 1 year ago

Five stars for sure. Just wish the rating system worked. Never seems to register on my iPad. Just love these two. Can’t wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a really good story, however, I must say your writing is frustrating as hell. From the outside looking in we can clearly see how they both feel about each other but as the saying goes "nearest to church farthest from God" hence the frustration lol. I got so rapped up in this chapter that I actually shed a tear when Artie broke down, the emotions are so real and raw.

I am with you for the ride and I hope after all the pain they will find some happiness.

I prefer the long chapters, the short ones just add to the frustration.

Ardent12358Ardent12358over 1 year ago

I would prefer shorter and sooner AS WELL AS longer and later! I love Artie, Miles and their story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As much as you can, and as quickly as you can please, God i love this story ❤

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@JC4SC87 I’m guessing the first anonymous comment is yours as well so I’ll respond to both here. Thank you for worrying about me! All is well on my end, just had a lot going on toward the end of the summer. Also perfectionism paralysis was too real for this chapter but I’m working through it! Thank you for your comments and feedback! Keep it coming!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Yoshirainbow96 I know… poor Artie :/ thank you for your kind words and support. Next part up soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Yay!! New update…” thank you for your comment and if you check daily I highly recommend making an account! It’s super easy and literotica won’t send you any spam emails! And that way I’ll be able to reply to you by name!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “I have NEVER commented…” Wow, thank you for letting me be your first! You should make an account! That way authors know you’re supporting them and you can save your favorite stories! But either way, thank you for keeping up with the story and myself. I really appreciate it! Please keep commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@IrishPervBi Thank you for saying that! Trying hard to keep it from being amateurish but… I’m quite literally an amateur. Never written fiction a day in my life. Through this process I think I’ve learned, like any other art form, anyone can write!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@readerfeeder I know, right? Miles can be such an airhead, it cracks me up. Next part up soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@dnsontn thank you for your comment and your continued support! Can always count on a comment from you, so thank you! I see you comment frequently on this site and on behalf of everyone I can say thank you! And I was a bit worried people might get whiplash going from the camping trip to this but… it’s just how things went. Couldn’t write it any other way. Next part up ASAP!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “WOW, part 7…” Thank you, MLF! Really glad you enjoyed it even though it was a bit heavier than the other chapters. Seems most people prefer shorter and sooner so I’ll try to make that happen!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@InsomniZach I’m so glad you’re enjoying it and thank you for supporting! I really appreciate it :)

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “This chapter was frustrating…” I know… this was a rough one, especially to write, but the character development was important to getting the boys where they’re going. Thank you for reading and enjoying regardless! You’re absolutely right, they’re almost painfully unaware of the reality of the situation. But, they’re getting there. Slowly, but surely.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Straycatndc I think sometimes the site will register your vote but won’t show up for the person who voted. But if it isn’t working, thank you anyway! A comment always sticks out more than a five star rating so please, keep commenting and letting me know what you think! Any and all feedback is welcome!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “This is a really good…” Thank you and I couldn’t agree more about the frustration. My eyes were most certainly not dry as I wrote the Artie scene, lol. Payoff coming soon though. Thank you for keeping up and for enjoying!.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Ardent12358 Noted! Next part up ASAP! Thanks for the comment!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “As much as you can…” Thank you for enjoying and I will keep your comment in mind! Please keep the comments coming!

sealandssdsealandssdover 1 year ago

Maybe Artie's pain was from not only the frustration towards his feelings for Miles, but also his last-year experience. Also, will we get more Artie's family background in the next chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please, please, please TA don't flunk out on this story as it is so so good. I am totally invested! So much so that if this was real life and I met Miles I would have to knock some sense into him (metaphorically I don't like violence) Hoping all is good with you and the next chapter is submitted really soon x

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@sealandssd it’s most definitely a combination of both. And yes! There will be some background information about Artie’s family in the next chapter. Thank you for commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Please, please, please…” All is well, thank you! Most definitely plan on seeing the story through! Next part up soon, not sure exactly when but should have lots of time this week! Thank you for the comment and support!

PrivatelifeprivatePrivatelifeprivateover 1 year ago

Thank you so much for the latest update. I absolutely loved it. But as usual your installments leave me gagging for more!!! But also I love the length of them so I guess I’ll just have to calm down. 😂

LeighaBelleLeighaBelleover 1 year ago

This story hits so many of my marks, Long Lost, Friends to Lovers, slow burn, gaywakening

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Privatelifeprivate You’re welcome and thank you for commenting and enjoying! I appreciate your continued support. Next part up soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@LeighaBelle it’s definitely all my favorite tropes thrown into a blender lol. Glad you’re enjoying and thank you for commenting!

jroseemijroseemiover 1 year ago

I definitely do NOT want shorter installments!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For some reason I've read this story about Artie and Miles before...

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@jroseemi got it! Next part should be pretty decent length. Thank you for commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “For some reason…” it definitely isn’t the most creative premise ever, lol. And its certainly reminiscent of many stories on this website, even. But, I can confidently say the story and the characters are my own. I suspect you may have read a story with characters of the same names but if you figure it out, please let me know! You have me so curious! Thanks for commenting!

PhillgrimesPhillgrimesover 1 year ago

I think the chapters are a good length. Not to long and not to short. Definitely looking forward to more.

Do these guys ever get together and have sex?

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Phillgrimes thank you for commenting and enjoying. Your comment made me laugh out loud. Yes, they do. Soon, I promise. Merry Christmas!

Yoshirainbow96Yoshirainbow96over 1 year ago

Loving this series 🥰 any chance of another chapter soon? Hope you’re doing well 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Authorrrrrrr,

Kingdoms came, drank a cup of tea and went but you still haven't updated!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

PLEASE need the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think I would prefer shorter installments sooner because it seems that the wait is killing me 😅 take it as a huge compliment though... Or a huge threat

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Yoshirainbow96 Thank you for your kind words and for supporting the story. Yes! Looking to have it uploaded some time this week.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Authorrrrrrr,…” I know, I know… The New Year has been kicking my butt. New part up soon! Thank you for commenting and keeping up!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “PLEASE…” Roger that! thank you for commenting and for keeping up. I appreciate it immensely!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “I think I would prefer…” I will most definitely take that into account. Everyone’s going to have my head if this next one isn’t up to par, lol. Sorry for making you all wait so long! It certainly hasn’t slipped my mind. Thank you for keeping up and for commenting, very encouraging to know there are people looking forward to my work! Next part up this week.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Definitely looking forward to "next part up this week." Keep up the great work.

DickbrokemyheartDickbrokemyheartover 1 year ago

Can`t wait, or, well, don`t really have a choice since your the boss of this story, but please don´t forget us!

; )

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Author, I'm still waiting🥲

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

May I suggest that we just give TurbulenceAhead some space to finish? Hope all is well with the author and have no intention of piling on to the stress.

IrishPervBiIrishPervBiabout 1 year ago

I think a productive thing we might do while waiting to read Artie getting railed is to recommend to each other similar stories that we enjoy that we can read while waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@IrishPervBi I recommend Requited (and Unrequited) by herdirtymind

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

Sorry guys, I swear I haven’t forgotten about you all or the story. Working diligently, next part should be finished very soon. If you’re reading this: Truly, thank you.

bleuetbleuetabout 1 year ago

Hi Author! I've been checking this comments section here almost daily since you first posted about the new chapter. I am reading this, and I am sure I'm not the only one. Thanks so much for the update. I just wish lit had a better way for readers and authors to communicate with each other.

Can't wait to read the next installment of Miles and Artie's story! (No matter how long it takes - no pressure).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Glad to hear this! I genuinely check for a new chapter almost every day, I love these two so much ç.ç

Keep up the good work, we can wait a bit more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I hope the next chapter comes out soon!

Yoshirainbow96Yoshirainbow96about 1 year ago

I think he has been super busy with College… maybe the series is cancelled 🥺

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@YoshiRainbow96 not cancelled! Have about half of the next chapter finished, and am planning on just throwing it up in a day or two. It will likely be short but I can’t make you all wait any longer. Thank you for keeping up and commenting. Truly, it’s everyone’s comments that have kept me motivated to find whatever time I can to write.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “definitely looking forward….” I can’t believe this was two months ago. If by some chance you even still care about this story, thank you for commenting and next part up soon.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@dickbrokemyheart your username makes me laugh every time I read it. And, I haven’t forgotten! Not a single day has gone by I don’t think about writing or the people waiting. Thank you for commenting and your continued support.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Author, I’m still…” I know :/ my sincerest apologies. Just a few more days. Thank you for commenting

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “May I suggest…” Thank you, really thank you. I remember the day I read this anxiety was really starting to creep up and this comment assuaged it immediately. I smiled and laughed. All has been well, writing just had to

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

Be put on the back burner for a bit. Next part up in a few days. Thanks, again. Please, make an account so I can thank you by name!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@IrishPervBi you’re crude and hilarious. I could recommend a bunch honestly. DWSimon I have to say is one of the authors here I personally go back to time and time again. But warning, don’t read Angel By My Side if you don’t want to be emotionally debilitated for a few hours. There’s about a million stories on here with a similar premise, college and best friends tags usually will take you there. Thanks for commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “I recommend…” Great series and author. Bent and Bent Backwards are fantastic as well. Thanks for commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Bluet Hi Bluet, I agree, if only there was a community tab. But, I can only imagine the sheer amount of content the mods already have to moderate. Moving forward I will update the comments section more regularly for those keeping up. If you’re one of those people and are even reading this, you’re why I do this. I started writing for me but now I do it for all of you. Thank you. And thank you for commenting Bluet!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Glad to hear this!” Thank you for checking so regularly. Trust me, I know what that’s like, I was around when Speech and Debate dropped. It means the world that someone could feel that way about something I’ve created. Especially considering how rough the first few chapters were. Next installment in a few days! Thanks again.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “I hope the next…” As soon as possible, give me a few more days! Thank you for commenting and checking in! I appreciate it more than I can express without getting sappy.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

Next chapter should be up for moderation at some point today!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

Next part up published tomorrow! Thanks everyone!

bleuetbleuetabout 1 year ago

Thank you for answering dear Author!

And in answer to your latest post, I CAN'T WAIT!

NaplesjoeNaplesjoe8 months ago

Love your writing, and building up. It’s just

Sooo long and a bit redundant. Please, get to the point. Some of us don’t have years to read one story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous