All Comments on 'Bad Penny Ch. 14'

by MVPrimetime

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeabout 11 years agoAuthor
Comments Please!

Don't be shy - love it or hate it, I would like your comments -

MVP

LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleabout 11 years ago
Loved it

However, the group thing was a little bit too much "A was sucking B while C was eating D and E while F was sitting on G's face." I prefer more intimate, small groups with more details and the larger group just there for kicks. Maybe it's just me.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeabout 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks Larry

Comment noted - you are right, I do sometimes list things unnecessarily, probably because I am trying to keep it all in mind and keep track of all the characters (your example of course made me wonder "what is H doing?") Re-reading this chapter in the light of your comment I think I did overdo that a bit. I shall watch out for it in future - less is often more.

Many thanks for insight - it is hard to see those things as the writer sometimes.

MVP

Bambi_DoeBambi_Doeabout 11 years ago

Lols she got some nerve crying over him not caring when she didn't care if she broke his heart or not. Selfish little bitch. You fall in love with Sean, leaving him to go be with Sean & Penny but cry cause he was cold. Of course he gonna be cold you unloyal little twat. I would've done the samething only a little harsher. I would've been like bye bitch fuck out my face.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeabout 11 years agoAuthor
A little harsh...

To be honest Dave was a handsome guy but not that nice. Also I fInd it hard to see why you might think he was in love with her, or emotionally committed in any way - not heartbroken anyway! He had hooked up with Lucy a few weeks before, and was enjoying fucking her and all her friends, but he wasn't heartbroken when she left to live with Sean and Penny - he was worried he wouldn't get invited back to Tara's to shag Tara and Veronica and Penny and Naimh and Lucy again. So maybe Lucy's reaction to being called nasty names by a guy who had just spent the weekend fucking all her friends was not that unwarranted.

Also, I have always thought, in affairs of the heart there is something deeply wrong about swearing at a person you claim to love just because they reject you. It undermines the idea that you love them, respect them, desire them. It shows you up as insincere, controlling, possessive, clingy, insecure, but above all not loving. Calling a woman a 'bitch' seems to me to suggest that you do not think much of her, you do not put her happiness and welfare above your own. You are not heartbroken, you are just an asshole.

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaabout 11 years ago
shaken combos

Well, ths is one sort of emotional bombshell that I've been watching to slip for a long time-- and it slips in in such an artfully artless way, it seems at once so casual yet momentous.

At the same time, there are moments of sean & Penny intimacy in this chapter that feel as real and solid as any they've ever shared. For a long time, Sean has tormented himself with his doubts, and they've become internal, I think, to the story's emotional core, even as he still has the capacity to feel explosive togetherness with her. Though there have been seasons of doubt, at this juncture I wouldn't be prepared (without the ominous flashforward hints) to believe they could ever truly be apart.

Erotically, it's impressive how this series has slowly glided from the tense, Never Done That Before encounters of the early chapters, to a world where so much is taken for granted that in most contexts is the stuff of wildest fantasy, yet there's still a heat, different but very pleasurable, that the sexual encounters create. Penny is different too now, but more convincingly at peace with herself and her pleasures.

The time apart with Liz was enchanted and soft, and some of that softness (to my surprise) lingers over this renewed stint at Tara's, even with Lucy's surprise move.

Bambi_DoeBambi_Doeabout 11 years ago

Your right I agree with what you said MVPrimetime. That's not how you treat someone you love. I didn't mean that they were actually in love. I used the wrong weird & should've verified it better. That's kinda why I said I would've been harsh to her. She fucked up his chances to be invited back lols. To be honest he wasn't even harsh to her he gave her the cold shoulder but didn't seem to care that they were over. He even said she can call him which I'm assuming means he wouldn't mind fucking her still. So I don't see why she's crying when she's the one who broke it off to be with someone else. Someone else she's supposedly falling for. Why was she crying she should be happy. She got what she wanted. Oh & I was wondering maybe you can verify in the next chapter but does Penny know that Lucy & Sean might be falling in love with each other? I doubt she'll be upset but I wanted to know.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeabout 11 years agoAuthor
No spoilers!

Bambi doe - the next chapter is in progress, but I won't say now what might happen.

Celia - thanks for the comments as always. No spoilers here but I enjoy your guesses. But I bet you won't see the next twist coming - truth is stranger than fiction and lot less predictable....

spearishspearishabout 11 years ago
I'm just not feeling the love

Ok it may be me but would Lucy really have wanted to join Penny and Sean if she truly loved him ? Or is she making do in the hopes that Sean will see the light and choose her as "the one".Being a woman I strongly suspect the latter and of all the things Sean's done I feel that this is the worst possible move he could make for Penny's sake .Where's the honesty Sean? Does Penny know your true feelings and did you discuss them before you asked Lucy to join you ?

I really don't see how Penny is not the one for him since he clearly is one of the few men who truly would be comfortable with her sexuality and can accept and join her in their love of swinging since he now feels she's doing it for the right reasons and is more self aware. This is going to end badly .Is Peter the one for Penny ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
'The way girls talk'

I am reading all the chapters again and finding new insights into each of the characters. It has been such an incredibly good tale and one that I will be sorry to leave Thanks once again

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMVPrimetime@MVPrimetime
433 Followers
The story of my life is not as interesting as the versions of that story that I write and submit here. I am not fast at writing, so please bear with me. Now that the Bad Penny story has been completed (witht eh Always turns up sequel) I have to admit that "If I Knew Then.. "...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES