All Comments on 'Banished Pt. 07'

by Kousakacomplex

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 4 years ago
Super Soldier, eh?

I need to go back and reread some of the earlier chapters where they talk about cores. I think it hasn't been fully described what is done with them, other than being able to turn them in at a 'god kiosk' for points, but they may have been redeemable in the field via their 'cheat device'. Can't recall. Either way, I'm more confident we haven't yet been told what the Kobalt do with cores, much less what this third party will do with them. Though for the third party, the purpose may have been foreshadowed, or at least have a decent idea. Very excited to learn more about this world, lovely chapter for that.

Congrats to Casey, and also really good plays by Nathan all around. He growing his connections with everyone, tending to them to ensure they are healthy and strong, and seeking the general improvement of his people. A great leader all together so far, and one that will both likely and quickly swell the population of his new city, once they found it.

So looking forward to them dealing with a progenitor (though for their sakes), hopefully they won't need to fight one for an in-story year or more. Once they have a squad of amped up, nicely upgraded and experienced combat veterans, all decked out in at least basic armor (ideally higher tiers, though currency has been a driving difficulty) setting up a little farming area. Maybe not in this zone, if only because these monsters at least have demonstrated high intelligence and dare I say experience at dealing with Gods. So having to fight the raid boss of this place seems, terrifying. But one day...

Thank you so much for your story. Hope you're well and eagerly await the next installment from you ^.^

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent story so far

I greatly enjoy your story telling. I'm finding Bianca funny; however, I've known far too many women like her & while I've always found them fun to be around they've all ended up proving to be insufferable & too clingy. My preferences have always been along the personalities that Cameron & Casey have been displaying. I'm interested to see more of the Princess, she is clearly someone who knows her stuff & how this world is played, yet she chooses to remain passive & play from the shadows while acting like a spoiled child in public. It is obvious she is playing the long game & as long as Nate doesn't stray too far off her plans, then she is content to let things play out as they will. As for Raul, he is so far a completely wasted character. If the group is going to face a Progenator (and it is likely they will), then it would seem to be in the groups best interest to have him be called on to help fight. He is easily the 2nd or 3rd best fighter. If Nate, Francesca & Raul were to hunt that thing i think they would be a very formidable team. As for him back stabbing Nate or Franceca, just give him the weakest armor, weapon & keep him in front. Maybe make his compliance a kind of parole or something like that.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxalmost 4 years ago

Wow this chapter became intense, so many questions posed but not answered. I am really sucked into this story and this insane world. Next chapter please ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Theorycraft

OK so I just wanted to post this because its been on my mind after I read this all in almost a single setting.

Stories like this that incorporate sex in a meaningful, story related way are great, but the plot to this story is so much more interesting (which is good in my eyes).

From the information these chapers are given, here are some theories I came up with:

The reason why the Company (ill call it that instead of its weird name) has manufactured the current situation with newbie hunters is to disguise the real worth of the cores + implants that they hand in for credits. From my understanding and whats told in the story, the Company has very little control of any of the key infrastructure on the planet. They can hide and lie about things, but they can't outright change them fundamentally. Therefore, before, and while in transit to the planet, none of the people being sent to the planet can be manipulated. By that I mean they cannot have their cores or implants taken.

To circumvent this, the company "generously gives" the newbies 50 credits and lets them out with lies that make them think they can escape the planet "only if they work hard". Then they create this circle of newbie hunting as its more profitable and much less dangerous to "farm" the newbies than to go out and hunt monsters. This way the company gets access to the real items of value; the cores of the humans who are hunted, as the credits to them are probably worthless.

I speculate that the cores are used to strengthen ones body or in the creation of special artifacts / processes, such as the activation of a psychic ability, or the growing of a grove, etc. So the worth of a single core, especially from the reformed humans, is probably a lot more than just the 50 credits. This is also why those who know of the truth of the Company such as Casey are hunted or most likely recruited later on; there are probably reformed humans out there that can cleave a mountain in half with a single spear wave because of constant consumption of cores.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Super Intriguing Chapter

The story continues to flow well and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. 5/5

Son_of_BattlesSon_of_Battlesover 3 years ago

And you just kicked it up a notch! A dangerous forest with monsters and a far dangerous creature that has its own legends and lore! AREYOUFUCKINGKIDDINGME?! I'm over twice as stoked about this story than I was before, and I was already super stoked to begin with! My mind is going in so many places trying to put together the pieces that KC has woven into this story, but I'm sure whatever comes will be noting I expected.

On e thing that can make or break a sci-fi/fantasy story is it's science/magic systems. Sure, it can work just because it works, but when you have rules, limitations, dangers, and drawbacks it turns a 2 dimensional magic system into an living tangible concept. It makes it feel real. Interested to see if Bianca will become a secret weapon, or a future obstacle. And her going all Grand Theft Auto on Raul! Priceless!

P.S. Palancar sucks dick! What a bunch of assholes! "Leave us! But don't leave us in that direction!" It is the exact thing I would expect from a petty government.

kiwiplumkiwiplumabout 3 years ago

" If you use your faith in God to feel a sense of superiority over others, or to belittle those who don't share your belief, there's a word I'd use to describe you that's a bit worse than stupid. But if your belief in God is what gives you strength to cope with the difficult things that your circumstances throw at you? Then no, I don't think that's stupid." Exactly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKousakacomplex@Kousakacomplex
Kousakacomplex here! My writing is all about romance, and as my name implies (if you're familiar with it) the brother sister love stories are (mostly) where it's at for me. I'm an amateur writer, having written a couple of light novels already, but recently my life has brought...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Banished Pt. 06 Previous Part
Banished Series Info