All Comments on 'Banished Pt. 19'

by Kousakacomplex

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Montgomery QuinnMontgomery Quinnover 3 years ago

I swear, even though I'm kinda mad at you for that brutal ending, if there was a sixth star, I'd be mashing it like a potato... The anxiety over the situation with Cameron was brought to conclusion, right at the point where you introduced the newest level of anxiety. I cannot stress enough, how much you need to both publish the next part, and turn this entire series into a novel so I can purchase my own copy. Please, don't keep us readers in suspense any longer than you need to.

And thank you so very much for your hard work.

Average Joe

yuramwagyuramwagover 3 years ago

Wow I have nothing to say am completely speechless didn't see that one coming, thanks really appreciate it 5 🌟 as always

Ynottony72Ynottony72over 3 years ago

Brilliant as always. Loved it

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
Huh

Yeah... I can see it.

All the twists and turns one would need to do. The access one might have to really manipulate... people.

To be clear, I can't actually read the threads, nor even really see the pattern. I think I can see that there is a web. Because if that cliffhanger... !!Okay, there's another thread right there. The trade for the Paladin's set. Its honestly probably better that he doesn't have that anymore. It might break him. "Interesting" that he could have it long enough to learn just enough to know that it would be bad for him to have it, and then not have it anymore once he might no longer care.

What kind of unique skill do you think could spawn from a master manipulator? Someone whose whole essence was so dedicated to controlling how people would respond, even people that shouldn't ordinarily be susceptible to that kind of manipulation. "Narrowed it down a bit"... Yeah. !!Huh, another interesting thread, or thought rather. Yeah, I guess that concept sums up what I was thinking about. Half-mermaid, half death prophet; grasping the thread of one's choice. But now we're in the game, yes? Controlling the start of a game is so much easier, especially when you have so many pieces with so much power of their own to influence events. Will there be a one-legged(handed?) Odin(ette?) to think and plan and play out enough of the angles to give Nathan what he craves? Arguably what he deserves considering how much effort he continues to expend to keep his family healthy. Though at this point, if the options are already A or B and no C is founded; they don't sound all that bad.

Sorry for the possibly confusing mass of text above. Sorry also if it isn't confusing. I merely wish to in some way express how deeply focused I am upon your work. How grateful I am to be provided the opportunity and privilege to read it. How engaging I find your world in a way that not even a 6th star in a review can provide.

Thank you.

Be well.

...Looking forward to more. When its ready.

P.S. There is so much more I'd like to say. Maybe. My head is still caught in a swirl of thoughts just blending together. There was so much other great things in this I know at the time I wish I would praise you for... but that finale has just drown them out with its proximity and intensity. Though I will say this: How in the worlds did that RPG effect play out? I mean talk about a crazy sort of power or ritual, or whatever it was. Fascinating. Hmmm... Anyways, Au revoir mon ami. ^.^ Ahh, Nathan, just can't help it can you? Hehehehe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
JFC!!!

I have tears in my eyes!

Thank you for this, seriously.

This last chapter was an emotional rollorcoaster!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic...As Always!

I really enjoy your writing and in particular, this story! Besides the story arc, I am looking forward to the more this excellent story and further adventures!

DisasterLoomsDisasterLoomsover 3 years ago

This is the first time I've given 5 stars on this site. I'd been waiting for such a submission, one that would leave me no other choice. While not actual perfection (there are pacing issues at times), your world building is so strong in this universe, it should hold all the potential required for quality sequels or spinoffs. But above all others, the chief strength of your tale is in creating eminently credible threats against your protagonist, and those will always keep your readers desperate to find out what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Epic

This whole series is just fantastic. Reminiscent of Thomas Covenant. Excellent

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellover 3 years ago

Absolutely incredible.

The amount of pre-planning you must have put into this project. Every bit as intricate as Star Wars, (before Disney), or the Westworld show. I'm going to have to go back and reread from the beginning just to see all the pieces, before I can fit it together. Masterpiece.

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

In my opinion, definitely not your best. You’re doing what a lot of authors on here do, contriving more conflict. I know I’m going to catch flak for this comment, but read Rocky Raccoon by qhml1, or anything by part wolf,especially the Sharkbait series, none of their conflicts are contrived, they just come naturally. Still like this story, just not this chapter, or the bs that Ethen is his son by Julie. As Bill and Ted would say, totally bogus dude!

mizou28mizou28over 3 years ago

Very interesting, as always 5⭐

texstertexsterabout 3 years ago
Flaws mar this chapter

I have to agree with Lwcby about this chapter, some of the conflict felt contrived, and it was jarring to have allowed of the “newbie” cannon fodder humans thrown in their path and killed without a second thought. I understood your attempt to rationalize all of the killing as necessary (and with the supposed justification that the ad guys would just kill them if the ‘good’ guys didn’t), but in stories like this, the good guys just don’t kill so callously. There were other issues with the pacing, and it just felt off.

I hope this comes off as constructive, as I did enjoy the story, just wanted to explain why this one didn’t quite live up to the previous chapters, at least in my opinion. I really appreciate your work and hope to be able to support your Patreon in the future (damned COVID has left me unemployed for nearly a year), and I look forward to reading your future work!

WillmottWillmottover 2 years ago

Conflict for conflict sake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's no logical reasoning that Julie would or could have that much control over a kid. The ages don't even match up. Sorry but this is a poor antagonist and logic. The "mysterious" I know better is a lazy cop out story ploy. It's just ambivalent to set up a plot twitst at the end. You're not m night Shyamalan. Nobody should.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKousakacomplex@Kousakacomplex
Kousakacomplex here! My writing is all about romance, and as my name implies (if you're familiar with it) the brother sister love stories are (mostly) where it's at for me. I'm an amateur writer, having written a couple of light novels already, but recently my life has brought...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Banished Pt. 18 Previous Part
Banished Series Info