Banquet Two

Story Info
After the exit from the banquet. Can she hold out?
16.4k words
4.11
46k
117
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demander
demander
1,493 Followers

A SCENE AT A BANQUET - TWO

MEL

Melody Baker was a hot shot lawyer, mother of two teenagers, and wife of Will Baker, her true love. She was also an extremely attractive woman, at forty-two. She had dark hair, dark eyes, a lithe body and a killer smile. She was also very intelligent and intuitive about other people.

But....but...now she was sitting at a table at a banquet with her marriage and family in grave jeopardy. All her own fault, too.

Her husband, Will, and her client, Robert Dawson, were staring daggers at each other. The conflict was over her. Robert wanted to spend the weekend having sex with her, and leave Will with his companion, the young and beautiful Gina.

In truth, until she saw and heard Will's response to Robert's proposal for a swap, she was avidly looking forward to a weekend hiatus from her marriage. It was simple. She found Robert Dawson wildly sexually attractive. So much so, that she was willing to let Will screw Gina.

The entire scene started a few months ago when Robert was sued by a multi-national bank. He came to her firm for representation and her firm had assigned her to the case. The two of them worked on the case, with others from his company, and others from her firm. But the two principals had become close. They started to go out to lunches without the others. They started to discuss more personal things at those lunches. They started to stay late for 'conferences,' where they exchanged more of their life stories.

Mel knew full well that she was in danger of straying from her marriage vows because of her attraction for Robert. He was single. He was reportedly a skilled lover. So said his company Veep, Gloria Maine. He was bigger than Will and better looking. Smoother, too. Will had some rough edges, still, from his upbringing.

After some of the late meetings, she knew that she wanted to try Robert out. Try him on for size, so to speak. The work on the lawsuit intensified. There were proposals to settle the matter, and there were massive discovery requests. As the case intensified, so did the relationship between Robert and Mel. He was now openly trying for her, when they were alone. She'd let him have a kiss, a hug and kiss. But she'd resisted going any further, despite her intense desire to do so. Her desire to go all the way with Robert. She was a woman who didn't hide from herself. So, she knew what she wanted. She simply didn't know how to get it without fucking up her life.

One evening at a late meeting Robert proposed that they should take a couple of hours and go to his hotel suite. (He was staying at a hotel because he had no local home.) Mel nixed that right away. She was tempted, but she was not inclined to cheat on Will. Mostly it was a matter of honesty and honor on her part. But, she admitted to herself, it was also because her husband was so...attuned. She had the thought that Will would know if she fucked Robert. As soon as it happened. And that would be it for her and Will.

Mel let Robert know this before they parted that evening. That was when the first real kiss happened. And Mel was flustered by that.

Things cooled a bit between them after that. Not for long, though. The settlement negotiations were close to fruition. Mel had snowed the other side with further, more particular discovery requests. Ones that let them know that the case would be tried with full disclosure - nothing hidden.

In the end the case settled on terms favorable to Robert. After the papers were signed and sent for filing, Robert took Mel out for an early dinner to 'celebrate.' His idea of celebration involved a loss of clothing. And Mel.....Mel said no. It wasn't a truly firm no, though.

As they walked toward Mel's car, parked outside the restaurant, Robert said, "I have a proposal."

Mel smiled, "I know. You just made it, and I just said no."

Robert said, "I'm to be feted at a charity dance next Friday, here in town. I invite you and Will. I'll have a very beautiful young woman with me. She and I have been close for some time."

Mel frowned. "What are you saying, Robert?"

"At a point in the evening, I'll offer Will a swap. He gets Gina and I get you. For the weekend."

"Oh. Oh, my." At that point Mel was tilted off her firm, sensible base a bit. She was actually flustered.

"Do you believe he'll accept?" Robert was going all out.

"No. Maybe. Not likely."

Robert pulled her into a kiss. He said, "I'll send you an invitation. You and Will can sit at the main table with me and Gina. There'll be dancing. Gina is a professional dancer. She'll make Will a fine partner."

Mel said, "We'll certainly be happy to come to the dinner. As for a swap, don't do anything until we discuss it further. Maybe when we see what the dinner's like."

"Okay. But, Mel, I assure you that you'll have a wonderful time if we do it."

"I bet." She got into her car and drove away. She knew well that Robert's claim was accurate.

That evening she told Will about the settlement, and the dinner-dance for that Friday.

Will said, "Does this mean that Robert will head back home?"

"Yes, after Friday. No more intense work on the case. Really, my part is over."

Will was relieved. Except for the Friday soiree. He said, "You know, I'm never so comfortable at these formal things."

"You'll do fine. Robert's bringing a woman who's a professional dancer. I know how you like to dance."

Will's radar wet up at that. But he said nothing. Will was a writer. He wrote all sorts of stuff - thrillers, mysteries, short stories, serious fiction, and lately a science fiction book. He wasn't completely famous, but he made a very good living. Better than Mel's big law earnings.

His work was mostly done from home. So, he could be there with the two kids - Sherrie, seventeen, and Mark, fifteen. He'd been the stay-at-home parent since they were small. There were times when he had to go out of town for book promotions. And, just lately, he had to go to Los Angeles, to consult on a movie that was being made of his most recent thriller - A Dangerous Man. Mostly, though, he got the kids off to school and wrote. He was a prolific writer - fast and sure. Very little rewriting.

Will could do that because he was a hyper-observant person, who could describe in detail something he saw that was of interest to him. He could play back scenes in his head, as if they were on video, with sound and pictures. And then he could write that down.

This trait was what Mel feared when she turned Robert down on his offer of a quickie. Will never turned off that analytical observing of those around him. Including her. And the kids. Many times, he had seen something with one of the kids that headed off problems. The two kids regarded Will as some sort of magician. They knew they couldn't hide important stuff.

So did Mel.

THE BANQUET

The banquet for Robert was a fancy affair, at a fancy venue downtown. The kids were off with Mel's parents for the weekend. Which, she thought, left the weekend free for whatever shenanigans the parents might cook up.

Mel was very nervous as they arrived. She wanted what she wanted, but she was unsure, still, about the proposed swap. That uncertainty abated a bit when she saw Gina. Gina was a walking wet dream. Mel saw Will's looks at her as they were introduced by Robert. It gave her a pang of jealous uncertainty. Maybe she shouldn't risk allowing Will to have Gina.

That line of thought, though, distracted her from a full consideration of the basic question of whether Will would accept the swap. She'd skipped over that consideration when the jealousy hit. The foursome ate, drank and talked at the main table, along with Robert's Veep, Gloria, and her cuckold husband Rick. (Gloria had made it very clear to Mel that she and Robert were, and had been, a thing.) The dinner went well and then Robert got his award, with some speeches. Robert's speech was a minor masterpiece, combining humility with sly self- aggrandizement. He got a round of applause and came back to the table.

Will congratulated him, as did the others. Then the band struck up a tune and, after a few numbers where they danced with who-brung-em, Robert swept Mel out onto the floor.

Mel was captivated by Robert now. More so even than before. He was so...smooth. Now, dancing with him, she was aware of how strong and athletic he was. And she was also aware of how aroused he was by the dancing. By her.

Mel did not really notice that Will and Gina were still at the table. The hard cock pressing into her belly was a distraction.

Robert whispered to her as they began their second dance.

"Are we on? I can make the proposal after this song."

Mel said, "Yes. Do it." She was beyond worrying about Gina stealing her man.

It was when they got back to the table that Mel noticed that Will and Gina had apparently not moved.

Robert asked Will about it, and Will said that he'd been watching them dance. He looked directly at Mel.

Mel was about to call Robert off. But he said, "Will, Mel and I have been working closely together these last months. I've gotten...well, I'm hoping that she and I can have the weekend together. You and Gina could as well."

Mel was looking at her husband now, but he was looking only at Robert. There was a long pause.

Then Will said, "No." It was a flat refusal. No explanation. But quite definite. Maybe a little more than that.

Mel's hope for a weekend of sex with Robert crashed at that point. She knew that tone from her husband. She was about to warn Robert.

But Robert quickly persisted. He said, "Maybe you should ask Mel."

Will's reply was swift and worrying. He said, "I'm not asking her, Robert. Right now, our marriage is on the edge. She could easily shove it over the cliff with the wrong response. It would be a shame. We have kids in high school."

Robert said, "Well, I'll ask her. Mel, would you accept my offer?"

Mel looked at Will. There was no give there at all. She knew she was in big trouble. She got up, refused Robert and took Will's hand as they walked away.

AFTERMATH

Will and Mel were silent during the drive home. Mel was terrified, and close to tears. She knew well that Will was aware of the ploy, the plot, that she and Robert had tried to work at the dance. Will had avoided - ostentatiously avoided - having Mel say too soon whether she was in favor of the swap. But Mel knew that Will was aware that she had wanted to do it. And she feared that such awareness might end them. Because, in the end, it had been a cynical attempt on her part to fuck another man.

The silence between them persisted as they went inside the house. Will went upstairs and showered. Mel sat in the kitchen, feeling faint. She looked around at the house, where she and Will had been so happy, raising a family.

After a while Mel thought the evening through. She was thinking about how Will had avoided having her say outright that she wanted the swap. She thought that it might be his way of stopping a long downhill slide into divorce. If she said it, it couldn't be ignored. Even though they both knew that she did want the swap, it wasn't directly on the table for them both to see and discuss. She had no acceptable excuses. And the truth was going to hurt.

She heard the shower stop. She waited. Then she went upstairs. Will was putting on sweats and sneakers. He glanced at her. He said, "It's a run for me. Dunno why I showered."

He loped down the stairs and out.

Will's erratic behavior was distressing to Mel. She saw that he was not as calm about things as he seemed at the dance. She showered and waited for him to come home. That took an hour. She was in shorty PJ's, but nowhere near sleep. She sat in the chair at the corner of the bed and tried to read a kindle book. A lost cause.

Will's run did calm him down. He'd avoided a direct affirmation of Mel's lust for Robert and her willingness to act on it. If, even once, she had spoken in favor of the proposed swap, he'd have left her high and dry at the dinner and maybe left her for good. It wasn't something he could tolerate. Mel should have known that, after twenty years. In truth, he felt that she did know that but was proceeding anyway. His effort to keep her from openly disrespecting him now left the entire situation in a shaky state of limbo.

He decided to leave it that way and see what happened. He thought that it might be good to get some explanation of her behavior, but really, he didn't need that. She was so overcome with lust for this guy, that she'd lost her bearings. They might go to counselling. What would that do? If she didn't bring the matter up, he'd let her stew. But, he'd also start monitoring her and her client.

When he got back from his run, Mel was reading in the bedroom. Will came in the front, doused the lights downstairs, and came into the bedroom. He stripped and went to shower again. He came out of the bathroom, clean and silent. He put on boxers and a T-shirt and hopped into bed. He said not a word.

Soon Mel turned the light out and also came to the bed. She had no idea whether to try a discussion or not. She decided against it. Her attempt at sleep finally succeeded, some hours later.

Will was up early that Saturday morning. He went to his mom's house to get the kids, bought them a breakfast at Denny's.

His oldest, Sherrie, asked, "Where's Mom?"

Will's curt reply was, "She didn't sleep well."

Mark, his fifteen-year-old, asked, "How was the dinner dance?"

Will said, "The music was okay, and the food."

Both kids saw that he was not in a good mood. They changed the subject to schoolwork. The ride home was okay, because Will lightened up some. But both his teens were on alert when they got home.

Mel had awakened to find that Will was not around. No note. She assumed that he'd gone to get the kids. As she came downstairs, just dressed, the three came in the front door. She watched them all carefully, to see if, maybe, Will had discussed the Robert problem with them. She could see that maybe they were less than ebullient, but not distressed. So, no.

An uneasy calm settled over the household. Sherrie and Mark both went out for the afternoon. Will did some yardwork. Mel pretended to read. The two hadn't exchanged a word. At dinner it was 'Please pass the salt.' At bedtime for the adults, Will had another run. He returned, showered and went to bed without speaking much to Mel.

She asked him, "Did you have a good run?"

He said, "Yes." Then he turned over to sleep.

Sunday, Mel tried to cuddle in the morning. But Will got up right away when she did that. He dressed quickly and went downstairs. The kids both went out and stayed out. As they left, Sherrie asked Mark, "What do you think's going on?"

"Dunno. Something from that dance thing."

Sherrie said, "Yeah. Gotta be Mom. Mom did something."

Mark asked, "Wasn't the dinner for Mom's big client?"

"Yes. But..."

"No use guessing. If it keeps up, we can ask them."

"Uh huh. Maybe not." Sherrie thought that might screw things all the way up.

They went their separate ways.

Mel made a nice lasagna for Sunday dinner, and a cucumber salad. Both kids had seconds. But Will picked at his serving, and left a lot on his plate. That was very, very unusual for him. He simply was not hungry. And, when he wasn't hungry, he didn't eat. He watched a football game that evening, until late. Mel pretended to be asleep when he came up.

Monday after the rest had left for school and work, Will called his friend Mason Dabney, who was a manager at the hotel where the dinner was held, and where Robert Dawson had been staying. The two had known each other since high school and shared a beer now and then. After some greetings Will asked Mason about whether Robert Dawson was still a resident there. The answer was that he was set for one more night, and then he'd be leaving.

Mel's drive to work was tense. In fact, her tension was exacerbated by the fact that she had a final meeting scheduled with Robert and his Veep, Gloria. The meeting was to wrap things up. At ten am, Mel ushered the two into a conference room.

The details of the settlement were discussed, and the matter concluded. That took twenty minutes. Then Robert asked, "Mel, are you okay after the dance?"

Mel looked at Gloria. Robert said, "She was right there."

Mel said, "No. No, maybe I'm not okay. My....my infatuation may end up costing me so very much."

Robert frowned, "But nothing happened. He said no and you left."

"He knew I wanted it. And, you know, that dance we had.... When we left, until now, he hasn't said ten words to me. Hasn't touched me at all." Mel was apparently stoic.

Robert said, "He's a fool if he throws you away over that. Even if we'd done it, he'd still be a fool. If he tosses you aside, please call me."

'I don't want to be tossed aside." She shook hands with each of them and left the room.

Gloria looked at Robert and said, "Just the two of us tonight, then?"

He nodded. "I sent Gina away. Looks like Rick's in for another lonely night."

Gloria smiled. "Yep. I'll make it up to him after. He gets so excited."

The two of them went back to the hotel.

Mel had a difficult time working that day. She gave up and went home at three pm.

Will was home, typing away on his computer. She leaned in to look at him, and then stood against the doorway. He didn't look up, after the initial glance. Then he seemed to finish something he was writing and looked at her.

She said, "I'm a wreck. I couldn't work."

"Whose fault is that?"

"Mostly mine, I admit. I was afraid to say anything. But I need some...I need to apologize and see where we are. The kids are worried. I'm worried."

"Is your buddy Robert still in town?"

"Yes. We had a short meeting this morning. I believe he leaves tomorrow."

"He's an asshole. Full of himself. And you were gonna be full of him, too."

Mel spoke in a low voice, "I turned him down when he asked to sneak around. He convinced me that maybe you'd go for Gina. I should have known better."

There was a long silence. Finally, Mel spoke. "What can I do, Will?"

He said, "I'm not sure. Nothing comes immediately to mind."

She said, "Everyone has their weak moments, Will."

He nodded.

Mel dropped to her knees in front of him. He was wearing his usual - gym shorts and a T-shirt. He didn't resist as she pulled down his shorts and took his dick out. She licked it from bottom all the way to the head. By the time she got to the head, he was fully erect. She swallowed him all the way. She started bobbing up and down. He grabbed her head as she licked his. He moved her up and down. He groaned and came down her throat and into her mouth as he pulled gently out. She swallowed what was still on her tongue. Then she licked his cock clean. She continued to lick and suck him until he hardened up again. She stood up, pulled up her dress and dropped her panties. She pulled him over onto the settee that was across the room. She shoved him down and straddled him. She slowly lowered herself onto him and fucked him, while kissing his face. The sex took another ten or twelve minutes, and produced several orgasms for her until he came.

They lay on the couch for a short time. Then she got up, picked up her panties, letting her dress fall back down, and left the room.

Dinner was reheated lasagna. Mel was in a way better mood. The kids saw that when they got home. Will had yet to appear from his office. Mel sent Mark to get his dad at six-thirty. He rapped on the door and said, "Dinner." Will appeared and came down to the kitchen.

Mel observed Will carefully when he came into the kitchen. She was surprised that he hadn't come earlier. The kids were also watching. Will smiled at them - all of them - and sat down to eat. He asked the kids about school. He spoke to Mel about a project they'd discussed, cleaning the garage out.

demander
demander
1,493 Followers