Banquet Two

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Meanwhile, Mel brought the matter up with Will. He'd been expecting this. He was not a fool and knew there had to be a trial, unless the case settled.

Mel said, one evening, "There's likely to be a trial in Pittsburgh this year. They want me there."

"And you said....?"

"No. They've been looking for a replacement. So far, no luck."

"And time's running out?"

"Yes. If I persist, they'll likely let me go. Invoke the insubordination clause."

"You'd be....you'd get something to do. Maybe we'd write a book together. Bodice ripper with a marriage threatened."

She started laughing. She said, "Scarlett eyed the bare-chested Rhett. She moved toward him.... You mean like that?"

He chuckled. He said, "Maybe with new names. Wonder if Scarlett will give in?"

"Sure she would. It's fiction, we have to sell the book."

"And you? Would you give in, up there in smoky Pittsburgh?"

"It's not smoky anymore. I...I won't lie, Will. It would be entirely possible. But, you know, a trial is intense, and maybe that would solve the problem."

"But likely not, eh? I feel so...so much like just some leftovers."

She said, "Well, Will, I'm not going. So that's it. I'm training Marty to do the trial. He's smart. He and I can consult every night by Skype. I'll have transcripts in the evening."

Will said, "I feel as if you'll always wonder and blame me. Not a good basis for a continuing relationship."

Mel said, "I love you. Only you. That's enough."

"Hope so."

The two of them burned up the sheets that night. The kids had earplugs. But neither one used them.

As the trial approached, Mel spent more time at work. Sherrie was graduating and had already been accepted early at Belham College, a two-hour drive away in Pennsylvania. She and Will were busy seeing to her preparation. Will had a tendency to get lachrymose when they did that. He was working hard to stay strong.

On the first day of June, ten days before the trial was to start, Marty Blaine was hospitalized in Pittsburgh with a heart condition. Doctors there ascribed his problem as resulting from severe stress. They barred him from further participation in the trial.

Mel's firm asked the judge for a continuance. That was denied. The judge said that ABC was a large firm with many lawyers. She knew that Mel had been involved in depositions and prep and was a senior lawyer.

When they came from court after that, the team let Abe know what happened. At the time he was sitting in his office, with Mel.

He gave her that news and said, "No choice now. And, as much as I feel for Marty, I believe having you do it is better for us. I got you a room at the Westin near the court."

Mel nodded. She knew that she had little choice. If she resigned, she might still be disciplined by the bar in some way. Caleb had sway there.

She went home to pack and try to salve Will. She did her best. Will helped her load her car and checked out the tires and oil. Then he waved as she drove off to Pittsburgh. As he walked back into the house, he assessed the odds on her faithfulness as 50/50 at best. He made some preparations. Just in case. In some sense, he thought that it would be a relief if she messed up. Since the swap proposal their marriage had been drifting away. Lots of sex, fueled by her lust for another man. But before the banquet, they'd been very close in many ways. They discussed their work, their kids, their vacation plans, and other mundane stuff. They were each interested in the other. Not so much of late. He missed that. He didn't now if it could be regained, once lost.

Later that day, he explained to Mark and Sherrie about the trial emergency. Sherrie's graduation ceremony was set for Friday. The Pittsburgh judge heard her trials four days a week, and held Friday for other business - junk day, it was called. So, maybe Mel would come back for the ceremony. Will thought not, though.

Each evening Mel called home and spoke to Will and the kids. Usually, the call came at eight or later. She had catching up to do. Jury selection was set for Monday next.

On the weekend, Mel called in the mornings. The rest of the time she was in with the jury consultants. Sunday at eight, Will asked her how things were going with Robert.

"No problems, Will. I'm simply too busy, and so is he."

"He's part of the prep, then?"

"Yeah. I'd say hands on, but...."

Will didn't find that amusing and Mel wished she hadn't made the joke.

She said, "Sorry. Nothing's happening on that front. We work in the common suite at the hotel. I sleep a floor up, and he goes to his condo. I have not had an invitation. Dinner is room service."

On the Monday, a jury was selected, and opening statements were made. Mel was not speaking then. Jill Blanton did that. She had charts and exhibits all prepared.

On Tuesday, the plaintiff started with their case. Two experts. The first one took all day. Mel did a slow, step by step cross-examination, and scored numerous good points. She was happy at the end of the day. But she went back to the common suite to prep for the next guy. He would be the last one. Then she had two.

When Mel got back to the suite, Robert was already there. He was happy and excited by the day in court. As Mel dropped her trial cases, Robert took her into a big hug and swung her around.

She said, "Whoa, big boy! Don't count the chickens yet."

Robert said, "You were great, Mel. Just fantastic."

"Thanks. Now I need to get some food and some brief prep. Then try to get a good night's sleep."

Robert made no move on her. But he said, "When we win this case, I'm going to take you to my place and make you sooo happy!"

Mel just shook her head and started reading her notes for the next victim. She ate. Then she went to her room and slept.

The next day, Wednesday, went even better than the first. Mel methodically tore apart the plaintiff's case, using their own expert. The guy fought all the way, but it was a losing battle for him. This testimony was followed by two brief witnesses. The plaintiff rested, and the judge denied the defendant's motion for judgment.

When Mel got back to the suite, Robert was there again, and no one else. Her experts were due at seven for a final run through. Robert walked slowly up to Mel as they faced each other. This time his hug was soft and sensual. And he kissed Mel. And she kissed him back.

As things were about to heat up more, the door opened and Jill Blanton came in, as Mel and Robert parted. Room service also arrived with the dinner.

Robert left and Mel went through a brief prep session for both witnesses. At ten, she retired to her room.

The next morning when the team got to court, Herman Billings, lead counsel for the plaintiff, asked for a meeting. Robert, Jill and Mel went into an anteroom with him and his main client's CEO, Morgan Thompson. Thompson wanted to settle. Billings had a proposal. Jill immediately made a counteroffer. She'd been working on it for a week. There was some back and forth, but ABC had Robert in a very strong position. By eleven, a deal had been reached. One very favorable to Robert.

The parties wrote it up and went to court. The agreement was filed, and the jury was sent home. That afternoon, some details were addressed, and everyone was free to go.

Mel was exhausted. She went back to the hotel, to her room, and slept for an hour. The she rose and showered. Robert was taking everyone out to dinner at a club near his condo. He had limos for them all.

Mel called Will with the news. She promised to leave Pittsburgh Friday afternoon but would miss the morning graduation ceremony. Will was not happy about that. Also, not so happy about dinner arrangements. He said, "Mel, this is probably the time when you're most vulnerable."

"I know, Will. I got this."

"Okay. Congratulations! Don't have too good a time."

"Oh. Well..."

The club was a dinner and dancing venue. They were a party of six. Robert, Mel, Jill, Jonathan Crisp, and two other ABC lawyers, Ellie Mason and Mick Delia. They were delivered via limo, and Robert met them at their table. The food was great and the wine as well. Dancing began at nine. Robert immediately asked Mel. Mel had had some wine with dinner. She agreed to dance with Robert, although she thought to herself that dancing was what had begun her marital difficulties.

Jill and Jonathna also danced as did Ellie and Mick. The other two couples switched off some. But Robert and Mel had six dances in a row, some fast, three slow. The slow dance at the end of that sequence had Mel in real trouble. Robert's big cock had been pressing into her. Later, she recalled thinking that she was a four-hour drive from home, and no way for Will to find out.

Robert whispered to her as they danced, "Now we go to my place. Now or never. You'll have the time of your life."

Mel said, "Only this once, Robert. No one must know."

Robert thought that she was so hot for him that she simply forgot about the three lawyers from her firm who would know full well what was happening. She allowed Robert to lead her out of the place and across the street to his condo.

When they got through the door, Robert turned her to him and pressed her to the wall. He put his tongue into her mouth. She sucked it in and them used her own tongue to push it out. Robert took her hand and led her to the bedroom, where the bed had been turned down in anticipation.

He turned her around and unclasped the top of her dress. He pushed it to the floor, leaving her in her shoes, panties and a see-through bra. He took the bra next and fondled her. She was moaning. Robert was very skilled at this, and he had her panties off before she realized it. Nothing was going to stop this.

Mel, naked, dropped to her knees in front of Robert. She thought of him now as her conqueror. He had his pants undone, and she shoved them to the floor. She pulled out his beautiful cock as he doffed his shirt. She licked the head, the shaft and then his scrotum. Then she engulfed his dick and sucked it as far as she could down her throat. She continued the cock sucking until Roobert pulled himself out and tossed her onto his bed.

She spread for him, and he had his dick at her entrance. He looked at her face and she looked back. "Do it!" Her voice was ragged with lust.

He slowly entered her, watching her face. It was a moment that he had wanted for months. He saw that Mel was close to an orgasm, and he pumped into her fully. She had a massive orgasm as he did this. She was moaning, "Oh, Oh, Oh...."

Robert savored the moment, then plunged on.

Mel was in ecstasy. She was having one long rolling orgasm, like no other she'd ever experienced. The feeling of his big cock inside her put her in a constant spasm. Over and over. Robert had never felt anything like her constant pulsing. He was driven to new heights and couldn't hold fire. He filled her, spurting out over and over. That brought on an orgasm for Mel that was so intense she temporarily lost consciousness. When she came back, after a few seconds, she experienced a feeling of....gratefulness. To Robert, for these moments. She felt love for him, to give her this gift.

And she wanted more. When he rolled off her, she attacked his cock and licked it all clean. She licked his balls and his belly. His flat, hard belly. She was in thrall to his body, so strong and beautiful. He regained his erection quite soon. But Mel kept licking, then sucking. When she stopped that, she mounted him and went wild on him. She was hearing that Heart song.

'Crazy on You.'

Now Mel had Robert in a sexual trance. She was up and down on him, slow, then fast, then crazy. Mel lost count of how many times she came on his dick. And then he filled her again. Another cataclysmic orgasm for her. But she stayed conscious this time. And, when it was over, she cuddled into him.

Minutes passed. Robert said, "I've never had anything like that, Mel. Never."

She murmured something. Then she said, "Me either. Maybe no one has."

It took an hour before they reengaged. Robert took her from behind while rubbing her clit. She'd never had that done to her before. It was easy for Robert. He was so big and could easily reach around her as he fucked her. It was something he regularly did with many women. All of them seemed to appreciate it.

When they finished this time, they showered, and had a snack. Shrimp. Some celery and apple slices.

Then they went back to bed and engaged in a leisurely session with their legs wrapped around each other as they faced off. They could watch the other's face. Mel found it a revelation. It could only happen like that because Robert was so big and long. This position lasted for a long time and produced gentle orgasms for Mel, until she fell asleep with Robert inside her.

In the morning, they were still facing each other, but Robert had shrunk out of her. She disengaged and went to his bathroom, where she found a new toothbrush and cleaned her teeth. The she showered. She came out of the bath to the smell of sausage. She was ravenous and wracked by guilt.

That lasted for a minute or so, until she saw a naked Robert setting a plate of sausage and eggs on the table. He was naked and his cock was hard and huge. She had a decision to make. She picked up a sausage and ate it in two bites. Then she went to her knees and sucked his cock until he came down her throat. Then she ate another sausage and had an egg and some toast.

He said, "Thanks for the blow job. And for the whole night. It was spectacular. The best."

She said, "I should feel guilty. But....no. It was so over-the-top. And the breakfast is also great."

He showered up as she dressed. When he came out naked, she took one last look at him. He was hard again. Then she left.

She went to her hotel, checked out and started driving back to Virginia. She found that she was sore....all over, but especially between the legs. It occurred to her that Robert's cock was quite a bit bigger than she was used to, and that, if she was to make a regular thing of fucking him, she'd get used to it.

That thought brought her up short. There would be no regular thing. Well, not if she could save the marriage. If not? It wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

But she loved Will, and she hoped that he never found out about the last night. She made a note to herself to speak to the three others about keeping their mouths shut.

Will had worried about the Thursday evening dinner. He could see just how bad it might get. Bad for him and the family.

He rang Mel's cell phone at eleven. It went to voicemail. He left no message. At midnight, he called the hotel and asked them to ring her room. No answer. He did the same at one-thirty, claiming an emergency. Then at two-thirty. No answer. He gave up and tried to sleep.

The graduation ceremony was nice. Sherrie made a speech, but not as valedictorian. Will and Mark were impressed, though. Will took them out to lunch. Then Sherrie left for some parties, and Mark went to his buddy's house for the night.

Will was home making some arrangements. He had an exercise room downstairs in the basement. It had a heavy bag, an elliptical and weight bench. It also had a small bathroom, with a shower, a half-sized fridge, and a kitchen sink. There was a small TV. He went to Walmart and bought a microwave and a hot plate. He was just getting all that set up when he heard a car in the driveway.

He went out the door from the basement to the back yard and up the outside stairs to the kitchen. Mel was just then coming through the front door. He heard her yell out, "Honey, I'm home." Like Ricky Ricardo. It showed him how nervous she was.

He turned to face her as she came into the room. He was leaning against the sink. She entered with a smile, which faded immediately as she saw his face.

She sank into a kitchen chair. She stared at him. She said, "Shit." Flat. Accepting.

He said, "I called your hotel room. The last time was at two-thirty."

Mel's hope for her continued marriage ended right then. She said, "It was only sex. No love. No love." She was crying softly.

He paused. He said, "No matter. Maybe the memories will keep you warm at night. Or maybe he will. But it won't be me. Ever again."

She said, "I love you, Will. Always will." She rose and went up the stairs, picking up her suitcase on the way. Will made his way back downstairs and finished his preparations to move there for the next few months.

He never came back from the basement that day, and she never came down. He finished up writing a chapter in a new romance novel. Then he considered what the next book might be. He always made a good payday on his books, some of which were published under pseudonyms.

He decided to write about his marriage and its end. A serious book that might take some time. He made an outline and shut down the computer.

Then he called his parents and told them he'd be getting divorced. Let her do her own family. Neither of the kids were home. Sherrie had made arrangements to stay with her best bud, after all the parties. But both would be home the next day. Saturday.

Will had already arranged a lawyer for the divorce, if he needed one. Zelda Morrison. She came highly recommended. He called her office at ten of five, and she answered.

He said, "Hi. This is Will Baker. I'm afraid I do need an appointment."

She said, "I'm so sorry to hear that. Let me see.....I have Monday at nine am."

"Great. I wonder if I can give you details now."

"Sure. You want to act quickly?"

'Yes. I want her served at her law firm, as soon as possible."

"Okaaaay. Well, I'll open a file and write all this down."

That's what she did. At the end of the conversation she said, "I can do this petition quickly. Alternate grounds - adultery or a no-fault separation agreement."

He said, "Let's go for adultery for now. She won't deny it, I think."

The proposed settlement had Will staying in the house with custody of Mark. Sherrie was old enough to be on her own, with no parental custody. When Mark graduated, the house would either be sold, or one would buy out the other.

When the kids came back home Saturday at lunchtime, Mel greeted them, and then Will came up from the basement. Both of them were immediately aware that something was amiss.

All four sat at the kitchen table, where they had shared so many meals.

Will said, "Your mother and I have...well, we've come to an end of the marriage. We both still love you, but things have happened."

Mel was shocked. She had had no time to talk to Will about all this. And, although she was well aware that the marriage was in deep trouble, the suddenness of Will's statement was stunning to her. The kids both turned to her.

Sherrie asked, "What did you do, Mom? Because, you know, from the noises we hear...."

Mel said, "I had sex with a client in Pittsburgh. One night. Thursday."

Mark looked at his dad, "And...are you divorcing mom?"

Will said, "Yes."

Sherrie asked, "Just for one night?"

"Yes. There's more to it. The one night has been....I don't know, been hanging over my head. Your mother was well aware, and she did it anyway."

Mel said, "It's complicated,"

Will said, "Not really. But for now, I'm sleeping in the basement. I'll still work in my office. Maybe I'll cook. Dunno how that will work. There are details we have to work out. I want to say that I'm so sorry it's come to this. But it has. No way back."

Mel left the table in tears.

Both kids turned to Will. He said, "She's been....she found it so important to have sex with this guy that she was willing to crash the family. She fought it. She lost. But, you know, even if she didn't fall to him, it wasn't the same for us after she met him."

Sherrie asked, "What will she do? Will she still live here?"

"All that has to be worked out. Sherrie, I'm so sorry all this has come to a head on your special weekend. I'm so proud of you, though. And of you, Mark."