Bar Girl Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At Tinio Street, they split, and the pursuing guard paused momentarily. Blen was the only fugitive left in view, and as he pondered which to pursue, he saw Blen trip and sprawl forward. That decided him. He raced after her. She managed to get to her feet before he arrived, but she limped a few paces, and stopped. He caught hold of her and led her back towards Checkpoint. Blen did not struggle; she was a rescued person after all. The main object had been achieved; Nick was at liberty.

The jeepney with the other prisoners had by this time, been extricated from the traffic, and had proceeded forthwith to the NBI office before any further attempt could be made at escape.

At the NBI office, the prisoners were booked in and locked into cells. Mama had a cell to herself, Daddy Don and Lamar shared, as did Bruno and Jordan. All of their hearts beat fast, and sweat rose on their palms, and all except Bruno retained their self-control. The others knew this might be a long game, but there were rules, and they must be followed. The charge they faced was not bailable and carried a mandatory life sentence, and they knew that patience and money, a lot of money, may be required.

Bruno continued shouting that he was innocent, and asking where his money was, and demanding to see the Director. A scuffle broke out between him and Jordan, and Jordan was removed from the cell while a couple of officers subdued Bruno. When Jordan was returned, Bruno was cut and bruised, but thankfully, now wept quietly in the corner.

At about two in the morning, they were all led once more out into the holding area.

Atty Lazario, the NBI Office Director, had returned, and wished to review the situation with the prisoners.

"We have conclusive evidence against each of you," he told them.

"Lamar, you have the management and control of the premises where this was taking place.

Mama-san Mutia, I have a contract between you and this girl, photographs, and rules for an auction. I expect these documents can be proved to be in your handwriting. The birth certificate you have for her is dated just two months ago. I suspect it is a false document.

Daddy Don, you are the employer of Mama Mutia and of the girl, and you were present. I believe you are the controlling hand.

Jordan and Bruno. Your signatures appear on the rules for this auction. There are suitcases, which we believe contain money, with your initials on them. They were taken from your possession at the site, and when we match your keys found in your possession to the suitcases, we expect this to confirm that they contain money.

He concluded. "I believe you are going to need a really good lawyer to escape from this."

Daddy Don's heart jumped. Recognising the invitation, he cleared his throat.

"I would like a good lawyer. Is there a lawyer you could recommend?"

Atty Lazario paused for a few seconds, staring at the ceiling, deep in thought. "Well, my cousin is a very good lawyer, experienced in matters of this nature ... If you would like me to call him he could be here in an hour?"

"I would be very grateful," said Daddy, knowingly.

Atty Lazario's attitude changed. "Good. Then I do not think it is necessary to lock you in the cells, I do not think you will be troublesome. You may sit together here in the holding area and watch the television until my cousin arrives."

When he left, Daddy Don gathered them all into a huddle. Mama Mutia, Lamar and Jordan were alive to what had passed, but he elaborated for the benefit of Bruno.

"That's his opening play. We know he wants to negotiate. It's just a question of how much. His cousin will tell us that when he comes. Remember, if we don't take this offer we may remain in custody for months or years before the case is dismissed. Of course, it may not be dismissed, then we'll be in prison for life. Those are the stakes."

"What about our money, can we get our money back?" asked Bruno despairingly.

"Forget your money, consider it lost. Now it's a question of how much more we can pay. You must persuade them that you're spent out. But, think what further money you can mobilise, and how you can arrange to get hold of it. The faster we can wrap this up and the less notice we attract, the easier it will be, and the fewer people we have to pay."

Lamar supported this view. "We must get it all sorted out by Monday. We don't want it to go to the prosecutor, or to court. We must deal with the evidence before anyone outside the NBI office knows about it."

"We need access to our phones," said Jordan.

"And I will need the internet," added the miserable Bruno.

The Director's cousin did not appear until mid-morning, and then he appeared with Atty Lazario. The prisoners had made themselves as comfortable as they could in the chairs provided, and were napping fitfully.

Atty Lazario called them to attention, and introduced his cousin. "This is Atty Lapsin Florides. He will give you the best possible advice, so listen carefully. Meanwhile, let me bring you up to date with our investigation. We have taken the girl, Blen, back into protective custody. I have interviewed her, and the place of birth she gives does not coincide with place on the birth certificate held by Mama Mutia. This further confirms my suspicion that it is a false document. A forensic dentist has examined her teeth, and his opinion is that her age is about fifteen. We have been in touch with the Department of Social Health and Welfare, who confirm that when she attended Hygiene on Friday morning, this girl was a virgin.

"Hu-Fan, one of the fugitives, was detained by Immigration officials at Manila airport. Nick Carter is still at large, but I am sure we will pick him up soon.

"We can now provide you with a room where you can speak confidentially with your lawyer, and we will speak again later."

The group were taken to a small conference room where Atty Florides sat at the head of the table and the others sat down the sides.

"This is a difficult case," began Atty Florides, "the evidence is cogent. You all appear to have been caught in the act of Human Trafficking. The question is, will there be any evidence to innocently explain, to exonerate? That is the issue now."

"What evidence could that be?" asked Daddy.

"There are still steps to be taken in the investigation. The girl has not yet been examined by a doctor. A female medical examiner will arrive later. If the girl proves not to be a virgin, that would undermine the case against you. If, when your suitcases were opened the contents were innocent, clothes perhaps, that would undermine the case."

Bruno thumped the table and clenched his teeth. All eyes turned to him.

"I think we would all welcome such evidence," said Daddy, "wouldn't you Bruno."

Bruno struck the table again, "Fuck you. Do what you have to do," he rasped.

"Atty Lazario referred to a number of documents; what about those?" asked Daddy.

"I have seen no such documents," said Atty Florides, "I should insist they be shown to me if they are part of the case against you. If they are unable to produce these documents, I should, of course, insist that you be released immediately. But first, I need confirmation that you wish to retain me, and we need to agree my fee."

"What fee did you have in mind?" asked Daddy.

"These are the gravest possible charges, carrying a sentence of imprisonment for life. There are seven of you. Seven million pesos is reasonable," said Atty Florides.

"If we fight the case, you would not earn a quarter of that," interjected Bruno.

"That is my fee for a swift resolution. You can of course choose another, cheaper lawyer, and fight the case out for a year while you remain in custody. This is not a bailable offence, and the outcome by no means certain," he was reminded.

"Can you at least arrange for us to access the money in our suitcases," said Bruno.

"Of course. If you have money in your suitcase, I will ask that you have access to it when they are opened. They must be opened in front of you, and that will happen shortly," said Atty Florides.

"There are only clothes in mine," said Jordan.

"We need to confer privately," said Daddy to Atty Florides.

"I shall get a coffee. Let me know when you are ready." Atty Florides left the room.

Daddy looked at Bruno. "You're the only one who can pay 7 million. I'm good for half a million at best, and that I can't get 'till tomorrow, or Tuesday."

"Me also, half a million," said Mama.

"Me too," said Jordan.

"These guys have done their research. You are the target, we're the make-weights, but they don't care about us. Can you pay?" Daddy said to Bruno.

"Pay it all?"

"Pay it all today. Make this go away. NOW." said Daddy.

"But what about you, what will you pay," objected Bruno.

"I'll give you my note for 1 million pesos, I'll write it out now," said Daddy.

"Me also," said Mama.

"Yes, me too." said Jordan.

"Worthless paper," said Bruno.

"Think clearly and quickly," said Daddy, "Can you raise 7 million pesos? If so, how quickly?"

Bruno, saw that there was no room for negotiation. It was, take it or leave it.

"I can do it today. I would need to use the internet," he growled through gritted teeth.

Atty Florides was summoned back, and his fee confirmed.

"We can arrange for your fee to be transferred immediately. Can you confirm that we will be released immediately," said Daddy.

"The formal review of the evidence, and the charging decision should take no more than an hour," Atty Florides informed them.

"What if I pay the money, and we're charged anyway?" asked Bruno.

"Atty Florides is an honourable man, and honourable men do not like to be found dead on a street corner, like a troublesome billy boy," said Daddy.

"Don is correct," said Atty Florides. "We must work together for a mutually satisfactory outcome. Can I offer you the use of my laptop and broadband dongle?"

Bruno and Atty Florides were left at one end of the table to make the necessary arrangements.

After half an hour Atty Florides rose, and said, "I shall now go and see how the investigation progresses."

Another half hour elapsed before an officer came and asked the company to return to the holding area. When they entered, Blen was sitting against the opposite wall, head in hands, sobbing.

On seeing Mama, she hurried over and threw her arms around her. "He rape me. He rape me," she sobbed onto her breast.

"Poor girl, poor girl," comforted Mama, insincerely.

Daddy and Lamar exchanged relieved looks.

Atty Lazario bustled in, accompanied by a number of officers carrying the suitcases, which were laid on the charging desk.

"The medical examiner has confirmed that the girl is not a virgin, and since she has been in our sight or custody since the raid, I am satisfied she was not a virgin when detained. I now need to search these suitcases, in your presence. We have matched the keys to the suitcases, and will now open them."

Jordan and Bruno were asked to identify their suitcases, and these were the first opened. They contained miscellaneous clothing. The suitcases of Nick and Hu-Fan were then opened, and they also contained clothing.

"Do you have any documentary evidence to offer," asked Atty Florides.

"Unfortunately, during the course of the night there has been a small electrical fire in the evidence room. There were a number of papers seized from the prisoners, but they were destroyed in the fire before we could examine them. This is all that is left."

He produced a waste bin, half filled with wet ash.

"And what does the girl say?"

"She is hostile. She will not swear an affidavit, and persists in making vexatious allegations against US."

"Then I insist that you release my clients. There is no evidence of misconduct of any sort by them."

"That is my conclusion also," said Atty Lazario, "both they and we, have been the victims of a malicious hoax. I hope your clients will accept my apology for the inconvenience occasioned them, and I ask their understanding, that with such serious allegations, we must act when we receive information. We shall, of course, issue a press statement to this effect."

Fifteen minutes later, the six left the NBI office, and stood in the sun, free persons. It was difficult for them to believe they had been in custody for only twelve hours. They all felt as though they had served a sentence; the euphoria of relief could not quite overwhelm the effects of adrenalin burnout caused by prolonged and extreme stress, and the mood of the party was flat. Some made their various ways home, to rest before reviewing the last twenty-four hours. Daddy Don and Lamar made their way to their bars to resume business as usual.

Blen made her way back to the lady-house, and, after greeting her friends and reassuring them that all had escaped the clutches of the NBI, flopped on her bed and slept. Amor roused her at six-thirty in the evening, and the girls walked together to Talent Spot. Mama and Daddy Don were back at work.

As they huddled in the changing area with Blen to review the events of the past day, Amor came in.

"Nick is in the bar, he is asking for you."

Blen rushed out, and Mama and Daddy followed.

"The policeman rape me," she called to Nick, as she rushed into his arms.

Nick comforted her, as Daddy asked, "Where have you been?"

While Blen sobbed on his shoulder Nick told him, "I've been lying low. But I've heard that everyone's been released, so I've come in to find out what's going on."

"All charges have been dropped. Bruno's paid seven million pesos. The evidence has been destroyed."

"Shit ... seven million pesos ... but, what about my money?"

"There was no money in your suitcase. It was full of clothes. That was part of the deal we cut."

"Half a million fucking dollars, they've taken half a million of my fucking dollars! If they have, I'm cleaned out. I'm fucked!" exclaimed Nick.

"No more fucked than anyone else. They've also had half-a-million pesos from Jordan, 10 million from Hu-Fan and 20 million from Bruno, besides the 7 million Bruno paid to our attorney," said Daddy.

Nick calculated quickly. "Sweet fucking Jesus, that's a cool 65 million pesos." He was visibly shocked. "So what happens now?"

"Absolutely nothing happens now. We've been comprehensively fucked, but we carry on as before. Business as usual in the Philippines."

"But I have lost my cherry, I am no more a cherry girl," sobbed Blen.

"Sorry Blen. You can't be un-fucked anymore than we can," said Daddy.

"And I've lost everything, except what I have in my pocket," said Nick, pulling out a bundle of 1000p notes, the remainder of his mad money, and adding consolingly to Blen, "Well ... let me pay your first bar-fine anyway."

Nick and Blen sat in Talent Spot and enjoyed the company of Precious, Girlie and Amor at their table for several hours.

At half-past-eleven, Nick yawned, and looked at his watch. "I'm tired. Let's go. I want to enjoy my bar-fine before I fall asleep," he said.

They left Talent Spot, walked down to MacArthur Highway and hailed a jeepney heading towards Abacan. They disembarked at the Church, and for ten minutes Nick sat with Blen as she prayed.

He looked at his watch. "It's midnight."

They walked toward the Charity Box. As they reached it, another figure emerged from the shadows.

"It's been a pleasure doing business with you, Mr Carter, Miss Baitan," said Atty Lazario, "I have your commissions here."

He held an attaché case in each hand, stretched out towards Nick and Blen.

They each took their case, laid it on the ground, and opened it.

"How much?" said Blen, looking at the piles of notes.

"3.75 million pesos. Ten-per-cent of 37.5 million," said Atty Lazario.

"And me?" asked Nick.

"3.375 million. Ten-per-cent after deducting God's ten-per-cent."

"And my dollars?"

"Of course."

Atty Lazario took a bundle of notes from his inside pocket, and counted ten 500 dollar bills into Nick's hand.

"If you should have another proposition, please do contact me."

"I will," replied Blen.

Atty Lazario faded behind a pillar, and disappeared. Blen proceeded to stuff the contents of her case into the Charity Box. When that was done, they walked back towards the highway.

"What would you like to do now?" asked Nick.

Blen nuzzled against him and giggled. "The same like last night. I will wear my costume again."

"That's the trouble with cherry girls, no imagination. Tonight, I'm going to spank your ass and fuck you doggy style while you bark like a dog."

"Woof -Woof," said Blen.