Bastileborn - Dragon Fire Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chloehunt
chloehunt
844 Followers

"Yes, I did. I would like you to meet Princess Lacia Alphonse. She is my recently acquired fiancee. Lacia, this is Rupert. If you want any food or drink, you can ring him for it."

"Hello, Rupert. It's lovely to meet you," she said politely.

"Wow, captain. She's very refined and beautiful. I like her. It's lovely to meet you too, princess," he said with an awkward bow.

Lacia chuckled at him for speaking so freely about her. Sid sighed and shook his head at him.

"Thank you for your opinion of my future bride, Rupert. Please, bring us some tea," he ordered.

"Yes, sir," he said happily before he hurried from the room.

"Sorry about that, Lacia. Rupert is awkward by nature."

"He seems honest. I appreciate that in a person that handles my food," she said with a smile. She was feeling more at ease after seeing Sid interact with his young servant.

"So," Sid began, "shall we speak cordially and get to know each other?"

"I would like that. I'll get right to the point. Your ability to use magic scares me. How long have you had magic? What is the most powerful thing you can do? Can you kill people with it?"

"This is an inquisition, not a conversation," he said in annoyance.

"Sorry. Um, can you kill people with your magic?"

He stared at her silently for a moment. He had an unreadable expression in his piercing blue eyes.

"Hmm," he hummed a second later as he looked across the room. "I honestly can't answer that question. I've never tried to kill anyone with my magic. That seems like a huge waste of energy. Running them through with a blade is more efficient."

"Oh... I see. May I ask one more question?"

"Of course, go ahead."

"How many people have you killed in your lifetime?"

"Wow... I never thought to keep count. Quite a few," he said as he watched her eyes for a reaction.

She wondered if he noticed her face turning green.

"Great, I'll be forced to marry a murderer," she said sadly.

"You just made an unfair assumption. I thought you were more intelligent than that," he scoffed.

"You kill people! That makes you a murderer. Why should I think differently?" she demanded.

"I've killed people in battle before they killed me. That's not murder. That's war. I fought for peace, freedom, and to protect allies. Killing enemy soldiers is not murder. Killing defenseless civilians is murder. That's something I would never do," he said firmly.

Suddenly, a knock at the door announced the arrival of tea.

"Come in, Rupert," Sid called with renewed pleasantry in his voice.

The awkward blonde stumbled through the door, but he kept his tray steady. He set the tea on the small dining table beside them and prepared their cups. When Rupert was finished, Sid ordered him back to the kitchen.

"Well, do you still consider me a murderer?" he asked as he sipped his tea.

"No, self-defense isn't murder," she said softly as she picked up her tea and sipped it. She instantly burned her tongue. "Ouch!" she gasped and quickly put the cup down.

"Sorry, I should have warned you," he said with a smirk. "Tell me, Lacia. Do you think you would be justified in murdering me? Have you been entertaining that thought? I am a pirate, after all."

Lacia looked at him in shock after that accusation, but then she realized she had been trying to justify attacking him.

"Sorry, the thought crossed my mind," she admitted.

"I kidnapped you. Negative thoughts are to be expected. Any other questions?" he asked as he picked up her tea and swirled his finger in it. Lacia watched in wonder as a blue flame ignited in the tea and vanished into it. "Here, it's cool enough to drink now. It will also heal your burn," he said as he gave it back to her.

She stared at it for a moment. Then she carefully brought it to her lips and sipped it. A familiar warmth soothed her mouth. It tasted wonderful.

"Mm, that's the best tea I ever had. Thank you. Um... here's my other question. What happened between you and my father?"

Sid stared at her for a long moment, making her uneasy again. He eventually sighed, drained his teacup, and set it down.

"I'm not ready to talk about that. It is important, and I will discuss it with you eventually. I'm sad that your father never told you about me. He could have saved us both a lot of grief," he said tritely.

"I understand. My father is a difficult man sometimes," she said in annoyance.

"Lacia, I know being kidnapped was rather unpleasant, but I have no intention of harming you. I would like to build a real relationship with you," he said as he leaned forward and looked into her eyes. "I want you to be happy with me in spite of the negative way we met. Is there something you want besides tea? Everything I own will also be yours soon," he said with a soft smile.

Lacia felt her face blushing again as she stared at him. She was beginning to want him to be honorable, but he could easily be a snake in the grass. Whatever he turned out to be, she was determined not to let herself be miserable over it. Unlike her sister, Lacia knew how to have fun.

"Hmm... I would like a more comfortable outfit. I prefer pants and a blouse over this silly dress. Megan insisted I dress up for the snobby prince of Corbliss Island. He fancies me and my parents want us to marry. Thanks to you, I don't have to visit him or marry him," she said with a smirk.

Sid laughed at that revelation.

"I'm glad I assisted you, and yes. You can have any outfit you want," he said as he stood and offered her his hand.

Sid gave Lacia a tour of his beautiful ship. There was an abundance of treasure stored below the deck. They rummaged through some stolen luggage to find Lacia a pair of black pants and a frilly purple blouse. Then they returned to the captain's room so she could change. She was pleased with the small bedroom attached to the main cabin. It was just as stately as Sid's room. It had a comfy looking bed, a small desk, a basin, and a walk-in closet.

"I had this room built to house important dignitaries that I either rescued or kidnapped. I hope you find it to your liking," he said as he walked over to the window and pulled the curtain aside. Sunlight poured into the room through a stained glass window. The image depicted a small pond in the middle of a lush garden. Three white pixies were dancing on the pond, creating ripples in the water.

"Oh my... it's beautiful," she said in delight.

"I'm glad you like it. I used to visit this garden frequently when I lived in Gossamer City," he said thoughtfully.

"This is a real place? Pixies are real?" she asked as she looked at him in astonishment.

"Of course. You've never seen a pixie before?"

"I thought I saw one as a child. My mother used to tell me stories about them. She said they run away from us, so we won't eat them."

"The pixies in Gossamer will walk on your hand if you earn their trust. A sugar cube helps lure them in. Did your mother tell you why people eat them?"

"Yes. She said their magic gives you exquisite dreams. How could anyone eat something so enchanting?" she asked in disbelief.

"They'll love you for a lifetime if they trust you. You don't have to hurt them to experience their magic."

"That's amazing. I would love to meet them."

"Maybe you will someday. I encourage you to change and prepare for some pirate training. Do you feel up for some swordplay before supper?"

"Yes. That actually sounds fun."

Lacia changed into her new clothes and straightened her messy blond curls the best she could. Then she joined Captain Sid on the deck for fencing lessons.

"You don't mind a few onlookers do you, sweetheart?" Sid asked with a charming smile as he handed Lacia her sword. She smiled in delight to see it again.

"I don't mind an audience, but I do mind being called sweetheart. That's a terrible pet name."

"Indeed, how about fireball? Or hothead?" he asked with a smirk.

Lacia rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Hmm, I think I would like a name associated with fire."

Sid tapped his sword on his shoulder as he stared at her for a moment. She smiled and spun in a circle so he could appraise her. That made him laugh. He sighed and walked over to her. He reached up and caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers as he searched her eyes. His warm touch and proximity made Lacia's heart overreact.

"Little flame, like the fire I saw in your eyes when you attacked me on your father's ship," he whispered as he let his fingers trail down the soft skin of her neck.

His touch sent a pleasant shiver up the center of her body. She nodded in approval of the nickname. She wasn't half sure what he said as he held her in his sapphire gaze.

"Good, let's practice," he announced as he stepped around her and waved some crewmen over. "Some of my men are looking for a little payback after your stabbing spree."

Lacia cringed as she looked at the men. She profusely apologized to them for her backhanded attack. They all said they forgave her.

"Um, Captain," Lacia began as she looked at him.

"Just call me Sid."

"Okay... Sid, can I fight someone slower than you?" she asked in embarrassment. She didn't want to be humiliated again.

"I want to understand your skills so I can train you better. I won't embarrass you again. I promise."

"Fine," she sighed as she shook out her arms.

Her pulse quickened as Sid began to pace to the right. He made a quick stab at her left kidney, but she easily parried it. He attacked faster and faster until she was almost failing to block. He backed off at that point.

"Not bad, Lacia. I'm really impressed," he said with a smile.

"Thanks," she panted as she wiped the sweat out of her eyes and looked at him in confusion. He hadn't even broken a sweat. "How are you not tired after that?" she asked in amazement.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing. Are you disappointed by my stamina? I thought women liked men with good stamina," he said with an eyebrow raised.

The crew broke into laughter at his comment, sending blush rushing into Lacia's cheeks. She knew Sid was changing the subject on purpose.

"Come along, little flame. Let's rest and eat supper," he said as he took her hand and walked with her towards his cabin.

"Wait a minute, 'little flame' is my new nickname? That's not fierce," she complained.

"I didn't know pet names were supposed to be fierce. I find your little flames to be endearing, and your fire is definitely little compared to mine. Little flame suits you," he explained.

"My fire is little? What in the realm are you talking about?" she asked in confusion.

Sidian stopped and looked at her in surprise for a moment. Lacia could tell by his expression that he had become anxious about the conversation.

"You haven't seen it yet," he whispered in realization. "I'm sorry, Lacia. I can't explain it to you right now. It's too soon for both of us, but I promise I will."

"If you insist," Lacia sighed before they continued back to the cabin.

Tempting Fire

Supper that evening consisted of roasted turkey, barley bread, and a variety of fruit pies. Lacia was starving after her distressing day. She ate less gracefully than she normally would. Sid didn't seem to care.

"This is delicious!" she mumbled in between bites of a turkey leg. "Does Rupert make all this himself?"

"He has help, but he plans most of my meals. If you want something different, just tell him."

"Great, I will."

"I'm glad you seem more comfortable with me now. For a while there, I feared you were planning to kill me in my sleep," he said as he leaned back in his chair and threw a leg over the armrest.

Lacia blushed and took a sip of her wine.

"I'm still adjusting. I don't believe in being miserable if I can avoid it."

"I like that attitude. But I must warn you, life won't always be this tranquil. We are pirates, after all," he said as he picked turkey bits out from under his fingernails.

"I'm not a pirate," she said with a dismissive shrug.

"Yes, you are. You're a member of my crew. That makes you a pirate, and I expect you to take orders from me like everyone else. Do you understand how important that is?" he asked as he gazed at her from under his dark lashes.

She frowned at him for a moment, wondering what he would do if she refused to be a pirate. He had provoked her rebellious spirit, and that was worse than throwing black powder into a flame.

"How dare you make such an unethical demand of a princess of Luria? I think you're a big softy. You don't have to kill anyone to get what you want. That hurts your authority, in my opinion. How do you get people to obey you anyway? You're not cruel. Why should I fear you?" she asked in complete contempt of his warnings.

She immediately regretted her words when bright blue fire flashed in his eyes. She wasn't the only person in the room with a temper. Sid quickly closed his eyes and leaned his head back on his chair. Lacia gulped as she watched him take a calming breath.

"You're as bullheaded as your father, Lacia. Thank the gods, you look like your mother," he half growled as he raised his head and stared at her for a moment. "I honestly thought I was gaining your respect with my kindness, but you apparently desire cruelty."

Lacia watched him as he stood and crossed the room. He pulled twice on the little gold chain by the door. Then he went over to the bedpost and retrieved one of his swords. He paced the floor for a moment. Then there was a knock on the door

"Come in, Rupert," Sid called in a cheery tone.

The young man entered with a smile and looked between Lacia and Sid.

"Do you need something, captain? More dessert, perhaps?" he asked as he stepped into the room.

"No. I just need to demonstrate some cruelty to gain Lacia's respect. Kindness didn't win her over," Sid explained right before he slashed his sword through Rupert's throat, sending a spray of blood all over the rug.

Lacia shrieked and clapped her hand over her mouth as Rupert clutched at his throat. He made a gurgling sound before he crumbled to the floor at his captain's feet.

"Is that cruel enough for you, princess?" Sid asked as he stepped over the dying man and picked up his wine. He sipped it as he watched the horror on Lacia's face.

The color had left her cheeks as she watched Rupert. He was twitching in an expanding pool of blood.

"What shall I do, Lacia? Shall I let him die? Will that gain your respect?" he asked.

Tears came streaming down her beautiful face as she shook her head at the terrible scene.

"You seem upset. I thought this is what you wanted. Shall I be kind and save him? Is that what you really want?"

"Yes! Save him!" she half sobbed.

"Very well," he sighed as he knelt in the pool of blood.

He placed his hand on Rupert's throat and began whispering. Blue fire flared up in his eyes and around his hand. Then the flames flowed into Rupert's wound. Lacia gasped as she watched the wound closing. A few seconds later, Rupert sputtered and began coughing up blood. Sid rolled him on his side so he could clear his airway. The color came back into his cheeks as he pushed himself into a sitting position. He wiped the blood off his mouth and looked down at himself in confusion.

"Damn it... now I have to change clothes before I go back to the kitchen," he grumbled as Sid stood and pulled him to his feet.

"You don't have to cook anymore tonight, Rupert. Go rest," Sid ordered as he pushed him towards the door.

"Thanks, captain. Good night," he said with a bow before he hurried from the room.

Lacia watched as Sid calmly returned to his chair. His hands and knees were dripping with blood.

"That, Lacia, is why you should fear and respect me. You can go to bed now. I won't lock your door tonight. If you want to make an attempt on my life, feel free to try. I won't hold it against you," he said dismissively.

Lacia rose from her chair and hurried to her room, slamming the door behind her. She leaned against it for a moment, fearing she might vomit. She was shaking with sobs as she slid to the floor and pulled her knees to her chest. She cried herself to sleep.

She woke in pain the next morning. She had slept on the floor all night. Light was glinting in her eyes through the stained glass window. She climbed to her feet and sat on her bed to collect her thoughts. She used her fingers to comb out her blond curls. She was concentrating on the simple task, trying to keep her mind clear, but the gurgling sound Rupert made as he choked on his own blood was still fresh in her thoughts. She cursed and buried her face in her pillow. She couldn't stop the sobs that racked her chest again. For the first time in her life, she felt abandoned. She rolled on her back and stared at the beautiful window over the bed as tears continued to pour from her eyes. Suddenly, she was startled by a knock at her door. She gasped and quickly pulled the pillow over her head.

"Lacia?" Sid called through the door. "You cried almost all night. Are you going to cry all day too?"

"Yes, please go away," she called miserably into her pillow as she hugged it against her face.

"Lacia... I'm sorry about last night. I realize now I was too harsh. Please get up and join me on deck. It's a beautiful morning."

"I can't," she whimpered, shaking her head.

She froze in terror when she heard the bedroom door open. She listened as Sid walked over to the bed. She felt him sit on the edge and touch her shoulder. She was trembling all over at that point.

"My dear little flame," he whispered sadly when he felt how scared she was. "I misjudged you. I should not have been so cruel," he whispered as he gently pulled the pillow off her head.

"No!" she squeaked and hid her face in her hands.

"Lacia, your anxiety will make you sick. Let me help you," he whispered as he pulled her hands down.

She kept her eyes shut tight as she felt his warm hand slide around the back of her neck. Then he leaned over her. She could feel his hot breath on her face. That made her realize she was freezing.

"Breathe easy, little flame," he whispered as he touched his forehead to hers, sending a steady warmth flowing through her body.

The painful tension that had frozen into her muscles released, and she could breathe easy again. She relaxed and moaned softly as she enjoyed the incredible warmth surrounding her. She could feel it pulsing with his heartbeat. It was like sinking into a hot bath over and over again. She took a deep breath and smelled the delicious scent of Sid's skin. It made her insides tingle. She opened her eyes and looked at his handsome face. He still had his eyes closed. He was so close their noses were touching. She could feel his breath on her mouth, and it sent pure desire rolling through her body. Sensing the change in her emotions, he opened his eyes, and the shock of blue fire burning in them made her heart leap. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

A sharp curiosity welled up inside her at that point. She carefully lifted her chin and brushed their lips together for the shortest of instances. The caress barely lasted half a second, but the delicious heat it left on her lips made her insides burn with want. She quickly raised up and did it again, fully intending to explore his mouth with hers. She felt him begin to kiss her back, but he quickly pulled away. He sat up and looked at her in astonishment. She sat up with her pulse thumping in her ears. She didn't understand why he pulled away. The heat inside her began to cool at that point. It was incredibly strange.

"Forgive me, Lacia. That was terribly inappropriate," he said in embarrassment.

"What are you talking about? What was inappropriate?" she asked in confusion.

"What we just did," he said very seriously.

"We started kissing for like a whole second. It wasn't inappropriate. It was really nice," she said with a smile.

chloehunt
chloehunt
844 Followers