All Comments on 'Be Gone By The Time I Get Back'

by delayedaction

Sort by:
  • 222 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago

She was raped. Great support from husband. Even when he knew truth he bailed.

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453over 3 years ago

endings? what are those?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I hope that they make it as a married couple. They deserve to be happy together!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

part 2 and they do not give up and make it work

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Nope,

the "I was raped but I wont tell my husband about it for months/years until he is willing to sit in the same room as me" makes absolutely no sense

.

Also Lucy from next door said she NEVER drinks, but wifey tells a story of how they go out drinking all the time

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 3 years ago
4 stars

spineless husband

26thNCuck approved

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Damn, this story hit home.

I spent my Lieutenant years in Germany, doing the Gräfenwoehr rotations, and the military movements to get back and forth. It was mission, mission, mission. I was never scared of my wife cheating, but I don't believe we had a Jody like Jameson.

Ah, Jody is a concept most civilians won't understand, but once you've lived it...

I especially loved the part about picking up the wife at a club. Been there, done that, threw away the t-shirt. I spent a total of eight years at Bragg, some single. The barflies were often married. It was revolting.

Compounding the problem was being stationed in Germany. Sending her back to the States wasn't as easy as getting on a plane, but I feel your pain.

Dealing with CID out of Ft. Sill or any installation is a challenge. Armchair experts are going to give them authority and capabilities they don't have, your story is fairly accurate. As an author, I feel your pain. Well done.

Good ending, it seems the ending is still being written.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago

Good story, I hope they make it. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unrealistic in the extreme

I find your plot line glaringly unrealistic. I should first say that I don't normally offer any specific critique of an author's basic plot -- it's the author's, after all, not the reader's. I'm referring to an inconsistency in the plot. Here, in this case, you present an experienced commissioned officer in the US Army's artillery branch. You should realize that the Army would never allow a person as mindless and agressively stupid as you've portrayed to ever get near lethal weapons of war and high explosives. In fact, a person such as you've portrayed couldn't likely pass the basic intelligence qualifying test to enter the Army in the first place.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Or, as your character would say, I couldn't figure out what to do so I did nothing.

stoicfiendstoicfiendover 3 years ago
Damaged goods

She was damaged goods. She was going out drinking and spending time with a man who wasn't her husband and invited him into their home. She wanted to cheat....guy just got impatient and drugged her if she wasn't aware of what he did...next the author will claim the neighbor friend set her up because she was a victim and being blackmailed for further deniability of the wifes indiscretions. Main character should have just left and went on with his life till he found someone who was honest with him and he could actually trust. No woman puts herself in those situations unaware. She wanted to cheat but hadn't worked up the nerve to cross the line. Now she regrets it but deep down knows what she was doing and regrets getting caught and having to face the consequences.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

They will reconcile, he needs to lighten up and help his lovely wife. She was raped and he needs to get over himself with it and help her recover.

His marriage will be saved.

Scores 4/5

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
1^ fag cuck shit

OK, not really; I just wanted to have some fun with that.

The biggest problem with the story was that the way she behaved after her husband dumped water on her did not sound like someone who was just awakened from a drug induced sleep.

The second biggest was the idea that he’d be losing his erection while he was fucking her. If he is so strongly affected by the mental image of his wife having been fucked by Jamison, even knowing she’d been drugged and raped, there’s a lot he has to get beyond, and he might not be able to do that.

The part where he picked up the other soldier’s wife? I suppose that was to tell us how noble and high minded and perfect he was. The only part you left out was where he found out who her husband was and told him what she was doing.

It might have been better if he had fucked her, at his place, but only later found out she was married. How would he have reacted? I have this mental image of him seeing her two weeks later, in the O Club, having a good time with a soldier and now wearing her wedding set, so he knew that was her husband. What happens then?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Long winded, drawn out drivel. So many contradictions and you really need a new editor!

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
IF ONLY

All People who live this experience could forget and go on as before...

5**** and I concur with a comment asking for a happy ending in 'Part 2'

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

A married woman going out to clubs, drinking and dancing with other men is just asking for trouble. Janet was drugged and raped, but she left herself vulnerable to it by flirting with the predator. WTF was she thinking, allowing him into their home, hugging him, then drinking vodka together in the afternoon? The truth is that Jameson probably didn't need to drug her, as the alcohol would've had the same result...

It's understandable that the husband can't forget seeing his wife naked post-sex with another man. For his long-term happiness a divorce and finding a new woman is the sensible option. There are literally millions of attractive single women he can date until he finds the right one to settle down with.

I couldn't give the story a 5 though, because you didn't end it properly. Did they reconcile or go their separate ways?

SpankerSamSpankerSamover 3 years ago
Great Story!!!!

I read the story and had to stop a few times to think of just how I would have handle that situation. I am well past 50 years old and I have been married, Widowed after 20 years. Married and then divorced. And have now been happily married for the last 16 years. Men are at times stupid creatures that think more with their dicks than their brains. This was a story of love. His for her. Hers for him. And through it all they found a way to work past the things that they thought had destroyed their love. That can be a lesson for many of us. Thank you for a great story.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

She shouldn't have gone out with him but she never intended to have sex - or at least that's what I read.

So she was drugged and raped but her husband can't let it go.

I think she should make the break and find someone who can love her unconditionally.

He needs to see someone to help him with his demons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

No way.

Janet willingly cheated by dining, drinking, and dancing with another man. The whole forgiving because she was drugged and rape is a weak way to set up a reconciliation. Janet put herself in position for everything bad that happened.

Curt would be happier and better off in life if had stayed out of it when the CID agent said he couldn’t talk about. When someone tells you something is not your business, believe that person and stay out of it.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

Thought provoking.

Thank you.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 3 years ago
Uncommon situation

From my Army experience. Most army wives who cheat do so willingly. And are only sorry if they are caught. When they put on the fuck me dress at home they are not under the influence.

These I was inocent and seduced stories are mostly BS.

I served in the Army in multiple bases. And it was the same everywhere.

Were there guys who targeted these wives. Sure. But they didn't have to work hard to score.

Its the reality of being married in the service.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice job DelayedAction. Appaloosa, what you meant to write is "happy ending" because that is really what bothers you. This story has a resolution and ending.

Buck1974Buck1974over 3 years ago
Not to bad

Yes there was a few problems with your story. But the imagination was there as was the creativity in your story. What I will say is that it was fantastic to read these stories. But please don’t you dare stop writing these stories. As I said yes there was problems in your story but don’t you dare take it to heart . Just look at the greats saddletramp1956 still screws up but his stories are still fantastic. Just remember like he’s says it’s his imagination what writes the story and he clearly doesn’t give a monkeys what people say about his story. So what I now ask is please please continue with these fantastic stories and yes I have got a soft spot for reconciliation stories but I still love BTB stories to . So get off that lazy ass 😂 and get writing me some more stories from you . But otherwise great story from a talented writer well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
not sure if either of you is strong enough?

Well, quit being unsure....neither of you are. Now separate and move on. No need to waste anymore time. Admit you can't deal with adult issues and stay kids so you don't have to take responsibility for your actions.

Oh and by the way, there is no way you should be allowed to lead men into battle. You might get some killed being so indecisive. Finish your time and get out. Move on to a job that caters to weak minded people. I here there is alot of open space now in California.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 3 years ago
5 stars by my only criteria

Your story makes me want to comment! Thanks for posting.

However, I feel you have portrayed a true cuckold here - a man so weak he lets the rapist win in destroying his loving relationship with his wife.

That is really sad to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
nothing to forgive

She was drugged and raped. She wasn't hanging out with some random man, this was an acquaintance of her husband her took advantage of her

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What nonsense.

After 'Janet' said this "...doesn't exonerate me because I had no business letting him get close enough to me to give me the drug...", then I ask you--what else remains?

NADA.

Drunk or not, drugged or not, she repeatedly put herself into maritally compromising postitions. PERIOD! Nothing else needs to be said. Once she 'came clean,' he should have walked away--permenantly, and it would have been a 5* story. Instead, you fell into the LW cliche trap, and it is a 3* story, at best.

You write well, and clearly, and without a lot of neadless blather, except for one thing...you chickened out when you hit the denouement. Grow some balls, 'Delayed'--and please, FINISH THE DAMNED STORY YOU STARTED TO TELL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He won't listen

And she won't send a message through the lolyers?

It felt like you wanted a BTB story but couldn't and switched track to RAAC, but even then, it's a bit woolly as to whether they make it.

Sure she was a bit naive letting herself get in that position, serious questions should be asked why she opened the vodka that day.

But Curt was a total dick getting her drunk, at least Jameson never made any commitment to being trustworthy.

Memories of Jameson and Curt getting her drunk I think would kill this relationship before long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oookkkk

I wanted to give 4 stars but finger slipped. I'm glad they are trying to be a couple but think he'll still wonder why she let the other man help her.

Waltm7493Waltm7493over 3 years ago
The rock

Graf was called the rock when i was there.That was 1987.good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well Told

Such a complex thing. I'm pretty sure the 'own my pussy' stuff would work nearly as well as some long-term individual counseling, but pretty engaging up until that part. Very good. Makes one hurt for both of them.

tanglosaxtanglosaxover 3 years ago

I haven't even read the story beyond the first few paragraphs, but I love it already. I was stationed at Graf about a million years and delayedaction has nailed the description perfectly. Thanks for dredging up those memories. Tanglosax

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
EGOS AND DOUBLE STANDARDS

do not make progress in counseling. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What utter horseshit

The husband is a cuck

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Not a bad tale but there are a few disconnects.

suggest you just remove Lucy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It was proven she was drugged a little at a time, hen drugged BIG TIME and raped. The asshole that did it should be DEAD, and they should get remarried and start a family...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sounds Like Real Life

Many military couples have problems with frequent and long seperations when stationed in Germany. During my three years in Wiesbaden I had 895 day of TDY that my wife had to endure. She did find another man to help her past the time and she slept with him during one of my extended trips. Tough times but we survived and have been together for over 50 years now. You can forgive but you never forget so you hold on to the love and pray for the future.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago

@lujon2019: dude... she got roofied. Severely. She didn't know she got raped before talking to the CID - she still doesn't remember her assault. And yet, she's still felling guilty about letting it happened...

So your whole claim that she's using the rape to absolve herself from the incident is what true total nonsense is all about. Reading comprehension, son - it's a skill you obviously need to work on...

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Good story well told. 5*****

I don't need to agree with the characters to know it was a good story. His struggle was not unlike many, even after he knew about the date rape drug. That struggle is born of the uncertainty he had with her. He explored the circumstances behind the date rape drug and slowly came to terms with everything. I think the story was very genuine, especially for a young couple facing something they had never faced before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Both were flawed

But he was worse.

Frankly, long term she’s better off without him.

joy777joy777over 3 years ago
Realistic

The description of army life in Germany had me imagining I could there as it was such a detailed portrayal. The story was nicely paced and the ending was up to the reader to choose. I felt for the wife and hope it all works out for her.

penneydog55penneydog55over 3 years ago

Great Story Thanks!

I gleaned from this story that Curt suffers from trust issues. She was drugged, seduced and raped...

Anyway it's fiction designed to give the worst case scenario...

I loved this story because it was written for entertainment not a history lesson on how they met blah blah blah

5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

This is a really good story. I thought it was extremely realistic on a number of different levels. One can make the case that the husband should have believed his wife to some degree war least be willing to talk to her early on. At the husband was deeply wounded and stunned and his entire mindset and rationality was off by the chain of events.

The wife not knowing what happened not knowing how she was trick and drugged ... Initially believed that she simply had a character flaw and a moral failing and that she deserved to torture herself which led to the breakdown.

The 2nd half of the story is equally realistic and very well written. The relationship goes back-and-forth with 2 steps forward 2 steps back for a while which is quite again realistic in these sorts of situations

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Well your story's ending will not garner good ratings, actually it will drop a whole point. You need to understand that LW readers want a conclusive ending to a story. The way you ended it was not even a cliff hanger but a 'it's over - dud.'

/

You wrote in a conflict that never really gets answered - her drinking. And I do not buy the vodka was spiked as the rapest would have drunk some too. You story sort of went into a rambling mode and you appeared to want to rush to end.

/

It was a 4* but the ending makes it 3*, Hooyah.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Curt is the asshole here. The wife was raped, and any husband who blames the wife for a rape isn't worthy of being called a man.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
Great story

It could use a chapter 2

Texican1830Texican1830over 3 years ago
BTB

I’m as big a fan of burning bitches as most on here, but he’s got his head up his butt. She wasn’t out trolling - she got drugged and raped by a predator. Would he shun her if the guy had grabbed her off a street corner and raped her?

I liked the story because it was a little different, but not everyone who gets a prick stuck in them is a cheating slut.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

Good story. While I'm normally a BTB type it was hard not to feel some sympathy for Janet. I don't think she should have let the guy into their apartment by any means. Didn't really care for Curt either. Thanks for the story. Still better than most of the stuff getting posted on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better off without Curt

Wow, I know this is erotic writing, but came with a side order of victim blaming, patriarchal claptrap, narcissistic revisionism, and major trust issues.

Where was the 'love' of a committed marriage or relationship

Janet is better off without this black and white neanderthal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

All that time and effort and all you produced was another PITIFUL RAAC story. If she had not been going out with another man she would not have been in a position to be drugged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked it

Felt pretty real. Based on her reaction to what he saw (she said I was drunk, it was just this one time) would lead any husband to think she cheated so the divorce was not unreasonable. When they truly learned of the drugging they had to get past how she put herself in that position but what she described was reasonable. I also thought it was reasonable for him to question her actions as he is gone 4 months of the year so really how often does she dine with other men?

I hope they keep talking so they can figure things out.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Really enjoyed the story - good character development (at least of the wife post event) and solid story arc. I would hope I work have gotten over myself sooner than he did when presented with the facts, but that comment just shows how good of a job you did sucking me into the story. 5* (not that KRD will ever see my comment, but your ending was solid - we're left that they have work to do, will make it, but it will always be part of their history. Sounds pretty "real" to me...)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She knew the guy was a creep but still invited him into the apartment alone and started to drink vodka with him. She later says she would never cheat sober, so I am guessing that is why she decided to not be sober. What makes her suddenly trustworthy? Why did this guy want her back and why does he suddenly care anything about her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lack of communication or miscommunication is a lazy plot device.

It is very common, but I remember best JPB using the line, "I deleted all the texts and emails without reading any of them." Or he blocks her phone, or he hangs up every time she calls, yada, yada, yada. Oh, if I had just let her explain, if I had just asked her what happened, if I had just interrogated the asshole when I had him naked and vulnerable, etc., etc.

The crux of this story isn't much different from a husband who can't make love to his wife after she has a radical mastectomy or has suffered a rape. Fine, let the poor bitch get on with her life and find a man who has some control over his mind and emotions. If he blames her for putting herself in a position to get raped then no explanation or alternate view matters. She is damaged goods, move on. It is what it is, he is who he is. So be it.

What happens next is even less interesting then all the tedious maneuvering and side stepping you displayed to drag out the lack of communication as long as you could. Failure to determine the truth is not suspense, its ignorance. Failure to act like an adult and settle the issues is not dramatic, its juvenile and stupid.

I just hope they don't pollute the gene pool with offspring as stupid as they are.

Thanks for the effort.

mower9527mower9527over 3 years ago

Good story, I liked the ending because there is always some uncertainty but the reader goes away with an upbeat sense of ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A little hyperbolic with the emotions of the characters, But in the end a little reality slips in. just enough to save the story

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

It was a good story at the beginning and drew me right in as I too have been at several of the places in the story (esp Graf when stationed at Erlangen). I have seen these trials and tribulations and know how difficult life can be in these circumstances. All of that being said I got lost at the end (or in this case no ending). It was 5 stars for me, but with no ending or apparent intention for the next chapter, I took a star away!

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Pretty good yarn

Seemed quite realistic to me, I'm not the most forgiving and she probably shouldn't have got that close to him in the first place...but hey no one's perfect. My major concern is that HarryinVA liked it, I think that's the only time in the literally hundreds of stories on here we've both commented on😁. Thank you for your time and your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Calling the husband a cuck because he experiences typical emotions associated with the spouses and partners of rape victims is DEEPLY offensive. I was going through the reasons why but there is no way you assholes will be able to internalize it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"He must have given her something. She would never cheat on you." - He couldn't have given her anything unless she put herself in a position that allowed him to do do.

/

"Jesus Christ, sir. That puts a whole new light on my wife." - Bullshit it does! See above; it's hard to be given a date rape drug if you're not on a date.

/

He can't tell her parents, because they'll tell her, and she'll know what to say, even if it's not true.

/

"I know that doesn't exonerate me because I had no business letting him get close enough to me to give me the drug." - Yep!

/

@KRD19254, he didn't spike the bottle, she spiked her glass.

/

Needed an ending.

sggylvrsggylvrover 3 years ago
The ending

I liked the ending, you never know how things will go in a relationship. The fact they take it day to day may get them by

Flar1958Flar1958over 3 years ago
Its a rare one

To give in you rush in anger and shock to not listensomeone wants to talk. So now remember you got a brain between your ears and you dont have a heat so you dont need to carry straw in your hands. Use your brain. AND TALK.

Hope your next is equal interesting.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Good story, enjoyed it. But considering his wife was drugged and raped, anyone who truly loved his spouse would get beyond that mental image. So yeah, the ending killed a rather decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Honest opinion

I am not trying to offend. I like your wtitting style, but the 3 plot holes ruined it for me.

1. Curt never got the truth that would have alkowed him to move forward.

2. Because the truth is, drug or not, she was going to fuck him. Having drinks alone in your place with a guy you already had 2 dates with? Your story is unrealistic and untruthful.

3. She got herself drunk, so the drama is lame.

Could be a good story if you fixed that. I do like how you wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No reason to take her back

She said it herself-she got too close to Jamieson. She was willingly in the apartment with him alone, willingly drinking vodka with him after he'd held her.

I can see having some sympathy for what happened to her, but don't see how he can fully trust her again and, that being the case, see no reason to reconcile.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

You told a great story here. It seemed to be a very realistic look at a not uncommon situation. The captain needs more individual therapy to resolve his trust issues. This story definitely calls for a happier ending.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Wow

Outstanding tragedy.

Wolfden999Wolfden999over 3 years ago
Enjoyed it

I enjoyed it. I think he reacted a little to quickly. Even if he had talked with her briefly, she would have had the same confusion of what happened and he would have sent her home. It might have made the story read a little better. Also the timeline is long. Days....weeks....months. By that time, he would have probably got over it, just from a time perspective. Overall, I enjoyed it and will read more of your stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You wrote that both of them would have thoughts of the Lt. fucking her. That is incorrect, as the drug used leaves no memory of the event. She only knows about it second hand and from the photos he took. It is a minor point, but both of them only know about the aftermath of what happened, or what they think happened. It is a minor point, but absent a medical examination there is no actual proof that he penetrated her and deposited cum deep inside. Now, it is very possible that the Lt. admitted to actual sex with the wife, but she doesn't remember.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

If he's that hung up on the situation, she needs to kick him to the curb and find a sweet man who will love her no matter what. She's proven she wasn't at fault, now he's holding her responsible for things she couldn't help.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

Nice ambiguous ending.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
Gave it a three

I’ve been there myself, but I didn’t have to go through the she was drugged but when she put her self in place don’t blame everyone else

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Nicely done. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The way you wrote it made him the jerk. Her mistake getting drugged and raped

He made so many mistakes, almost destroyed his wife a victim of rape. She was played never had any intention of having a affair or sex. Curtis is a male who couldn’t handle shit . Still after finding out she was raped and drugged he couldn’t get past the scene when walking in. Why take him back,the abuse he made her suffer is mind boggling.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

2* for another wimpy, cucky, badly written addition to LW. Story had numerous spelling and punction errors. Of course, the LW stereotypical gems of vomiting, the husband refusing to tell anyone the reason for the divorce, and then takes the slut back AFTER she admits to multiple cheating are there too.

You don't seem to know your own story. She was a lying, cheating slut long before being drugged by Lt. Scumbag. Yet your characters seem to ignore that HUGE fact.

You need to rewrite the story to eliminate the problems above.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
tipical!!!!!!!

ossafers aproach. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Re: Comments that derated this one account of the end...

IMO the author spun an excellent tale, and gave the reader latitude to put the final spin on the end based on their own bias. I believe that that worked here.

The awful reality of seeing your wife naked, cum from another man dripping out of her pussy, with her hand still on his dick would be a difficult image to prevent from invading a husband's mind every time they got intimate. I can believe that for some, even knowing that the wife was drugged, therefore raped, and not guilty of cheating, would still destroy his ability to be a loving husband to her. For many others, it might be possible to set aside what happened, comfort his traumatized wife and go forward with a loving marriage.

In addition to the visual image, the hubby would also have to reconcile the amount of her culpability in placing herself in harm's way. This having dinner, drinks and going dancing thing with another man is an issue that would also factor in as to how well a man could forgive.

My feeling at the end was that the reconciliation would eventually fail. His taking three months at the end to get used to the idea of her moving back in, and dubious success with counseling lead me that way.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Realistic story well written and yes, the ending sucked. I have to agree with a previous anonymous comment that she will be better off without him. As presented he never truly trusted her. Married several years with no hint of infidelity told by a friend she had been drugged and he “over reacted”!

I normally don’t pick a story apart. I realize it is a fantasy of the author presented for our reading enjoyment. This one triggered something. Mark of a good author? You are still on my follow list! And at least you refrained from the typical BTB scenario so prevent in this genre. Thanks.

Looking forward to your next offering.

Cheers

SAGE

dewinsludewinsluover 3 years ago

The story was well written and I gave it 4*. It would have gotten 5* but you just left it hanging without an ending.

Please FTDS!

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago
Great story but disagreeable ending

Good story and excellent writing. I liked most of it, the drug twist, the hospital part, slowly building up the relationship again and getting her drunk for the truth.

After that, I have to disagree with how the story went.

First she knowingly got familiar with another man. When she was drugged, it was a gray area. The day after, when she's sober, she should've been ashamed but she wasn't. Then he approached a second time, she agreed drug free. That was a black and white situation, she cheated.

Second was the high horse she rode on when he admitted that he got her drunk to get the truth. The drugging doesn't excuse the cheating and lying is often hand in hand. Offering to tell the truth means jack shit at this point. Then him trying to apologise to her and get her to talk, was a lot more effort from him than what she did to get him to talk to her during the divorce.

Third was his decision to get back with her factoring in point one and two. I felt like they should've ceased contact from that point on. He should've been pissed after the confession. Mega pissed after having some time to process it.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Re.: HarryinVA

Ditto. Hit it exactly right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story. All too often, the date rape drug is used as a “get out of jail free” card by authors. This story, however, took the time to explore how Janet got herself into the situation to be drugged, which involved allowing another man to get close to her. I also liked the start and stop aspect as they tried to recover their relationship. The ending didn’t bother me as much as it seems to have bothered some others. Their relationship going forward is going to be a work in progress and the ending showed that.

Lonewolf081960Lonewolf081960over 3 years ago
He should never taken her back. I rated this “2 stars”

She was clearly in the wrong as a married woman she should not have been spending time with another man while her husband was away. She should definitely not let him stay for drinks in the apartment while Curt was not present. If she had not been drinking with the other guy she would not have been in a position to be drugged. Curt did the right thing kicking her out but he should never have taken her back. She knowingly crossed lines that put her marriage in danger so she does not deserve another chance just because he used a date rape drug to speed things up between them. No real man is going to forget seeing her with his cum running out of her pussy and down her legs. The author turned Curt into a wimp and a cuckold.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 3 years ago
Good story from a new writer.

I thought the story had a good plot and was well written. I felt the ending was weak and maybe that is because you set it up to be followed by a Ch2 to finish. I gave it a 5 Star rating because I think that is what is if you finish. I prefer happy endings but either way I hate Alfred Hitchcock endings. If you abandon the story when I read it again I will drop it to 2 or 3 Stars because then it will reflect what it is as a stand alone story that only rates a 4 Star rating if that. I've been following your stories and you have a good style and good story lines. I enjoyed all your stories and would recommend to anyone to read your other 5 submissions. But please don't get in the habit of leaving stories hanging. I think you are better than that.

itmgr2010itmgr2010over 3 years ago
Brings back memories, good and bad.

I was stationed in Daley Barracks, Bad Kissingen '71-'72. Made four trips to Grafenwoehr. I was also artillery, HOW Btry, 2/14 ACR (later 2/11 ACR). I was married at the time, wife and baby daughter accompanied me for the last year of my tour. Found out about ten years ago my wife had an affair during one of my deployments to Graf. That was a common problem among the troops stationed in Germany. But that's another story.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Well, when the neighbor stated, that the wife never drinks I was sure she was drugged.

I expected more sympathy for her after he knew she was raped.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

The story was a bit hard to follow sometimes. This type of story is getting a bit too formulaic: woman cheats - husband reacts with scorched earth - woman is totally repentant - man feels total vindication - world is black/white - ends with absolutist morality lesson - forgiveness/redemption never considered. We often forget that Pride is also one of the Deadly Seven! Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just a Thought that could help a situation like this:

Wing that the wife had no recollection of what happened, it could be to her that there is no mental reservation of having done a thing. It shouldn’t even register that is some kind of comparison because there is zero recollection. If husband thinks on that, that could possible help him mentally get past it. Just a thought. I liked the story. Felt the emotions were real and I could see this type of reaction in real life. 5 stars for me. I’m retired Army officer and was stationed in Germany once also, so most military descriptions and concepts were on point.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Interesting story.

The rape part was a little strange.

Especially a married woman

inviting a relative stranger into her home

and start drinking with him.

Lacks reason or excuse.

What followed was a drama

well handled by the writer.

We got well founded reasons

both to end and fix the relationship.

I understand the comments

wanting a more final ending than here.

Most stories have that.

But some stories with a complex plot

get stronger with a vague ending.

This story was one of those.

Top ratings from me.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Serving in the military myself makes my feelings about your story a personal level. I see both sides of the event as I am sure many of us do. I thought it was well written but rather abrupt when leaving one area to go forward in time. A second sentence could have eased the time difference. A 4*from me. Thanks for touching upon a tender area for many of us.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

You've quickly become a favorite author of mine, and this is another favorite story. I like the stories from a military. perspective, although I hate cheating military wives. However, in this case I believe the wife's story about the drugging. Reads true, as I have experience in dealing with date rape drugs and their effects. The captain's reaction is realistic too, but I was hoping for a definitive happy ending. These two deserve it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
In real life....

....that couple is not going to make it.

He will never forget what he saw and have the pics to remind him constantly.

She is not sure of what the future together will bring since she knows he does not fully trust her.

Too much bla, bla, bla... and not much was said between them.

What happened to the guy who allegedly rape her? **

biglazydogbiglazydogover 3 years ago

This was a really bizarre exercise of torturing a rape victim. I mean seriously, wtf. Do you know how easy it is to get ruffied? Incredibly easy. As soon as he knew she was ruffied and not cheating on him that should of been that. All the rest of it was just sadism.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@anony 01/12/21 — Re.: What happened to the guy who allegedly rape her?

“He's doing 15-30 years in Leavenworth Federal Pen."

About halfway down the last page.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
He knows she was drugged. Absolute proof. Other women had been raped too.

“...no amount of counseling will let me forget the image of her on the sofa with his dick in her hand.

We both have devils to overcome and I'm not sure if either of us is strong enough.”

Well, I suppose. But what a weak man. I’ve got nothing but sympathy for her, and mike contempt for him. “Mild” because he has tried counseling. He just needs more, and he doesn’t seem to be looking for it.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
If

If he is not going to fully commit to her,he should not string her along.If he leaves this time she will probably commit suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I hate cheating in real life but in this case she really didn’t cheat . Well I’ll rephrase that she was emotionally cheating because would she have told her hubby she had a meal with another man ? Even so she was raped , how could you leave your wife after that tragedy? He should be there fior her and stay with counseling as time does truly heal old wounds

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 3 years ago

Rape is a tough issue! Your story is very good, covering off one of the scenarios very well.

This group has a canned view of BTB that is so wrong. Pussy hounds ruin may marriages. My one buddy did this for sport and may have used drugs, I fon't know. I do know he got pounder into the dirt more than once by a boyfriend or husband.

He cost me a girlfriend but I did get my pound of flesh. I know he never reproduced!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
King of Battle

Side note: the Army's 8" howitzer is one of the most precise indirect weapons ever developed - without modern video/ smart weapon tech. You can drop a round of HE into a 50 gallon drum from miles away.

Been to Graff. May weave a tank story into a future project.

"Soldiers" (all military), have very difficult challenges that others just don't "get". The unfaithful spouse is one of the most viscious. Curt's initial reaction was fully understandable. His - and her - difficulty dealing with their visions of Jameson are understandable, but Curt, and Janet deserve a positive resolution because hard working faithful soldier families deserve some positives in their lives.

I know "delay..." Is writing what he/she feels and did a good job, but it hurts to hurt for a military family that was wronged, fictional though it is, when a few minutes of keyboard time can make it all OK - fictionally, if course,...

4* not because it wasn't good enough, but because,... lots of things...

IndyOnIndyOnover 3 years ago

Where is FTDS (Finish the Damn Story) when you need him?

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Dilemma

First off, I think you handled the subject well . Personally, I understand she was drugged. But truthfully, she should not have been there in the first place. People commenting, and even people writing, say they can forgive, but they can’t forget. I agree it’s damn near impossible to forget. But I personally, think you can’t forgive when you can’t forget. For me, I don’t think getting back together would work . Your story was thoughtful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdelayedaction@delayedaction
Enjoy reading the stories here especially those of Blackrandl1958, harddaysknight, sbrooks 103x, ephesus14, and others.