Beautiful Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After fifteen minutes I heard a car pull up, and I glanced out the window to see Paige extricate herself from the back of a sporty little coup, the girl in the front having to get out and fold the seat forward.

Paige pulled out her bags and waved to Kaylin and the other girl, who climbed back into the front seat. I didn't recognize her immediately, so I asked Paige when she came inside.

"In the front seat? That's Dani."

"She's the one who had the pool party, right?"

Paige dropped her bags by the front door. "Yeah. Why?"

"I thought she lived all the way over in Woodlawn Terrace." It was a nice enough neighborhood, but it was as far from our house as you could get and still be in the same school district.

"Oh, well, yeah, um, Kaylin's just, ah, helping her with some stuff. Like schoolwork."

I widened my eyes slightly. Paige was biting her lip, which is what she'd been doing since she was four whenever she was trying to cover something up.

"Really?" That wasn't particularly believable. Kaylin was a sweet girl, but she was more the type to be getting some extra help with her scholastics than giving it. Then it dawned on me, and I lowered my voice. "Are they the two you were telling me about earlier? The girls dating on the team?"

Paige's face told me I'd hit the nail on the head, and she knew she'd blown it. "Please, Mom, you can't tell anyone. You know Kaylin's parents, what they're like." That was true, I did. Andrew and Mary Ann Ellis were members of the local Church of Christ, very conservative, and I knew from my brief conversations with them they were true believers. I couldn't imagine homosexuality being tolerated in their house.

"You don't have to worry about me, sweetheart. Dani's parents?"

Paige sat down next to me, shaking her head and lowering her voice. "It's a little better there, but they don't know either. So they have to sneak around. I know it's wearing on them."

"Does anyone know but you?"

"Yeah, a few girls on the team. It's why we're going to homecoming as a group, so they can go together without actually 'going together,' to keep their parents from getting suspicious."

I reached out and gave Paige a one armed hug. "Oh, sweetie, you're a good friend. If you need anything, just someone to talk to, or if you're worried about them, you know I'm here, right?"

"Yeah, thanks, Mom." Paige took her stuff upstairs, and I tried to go back to my book, but my mind was everywhere else until the timer went off and I had to head back into the kitchen. Luckily it didn't take too much convincing before I had all three of my children sitting down for a family dinner. Paige smiled at me as she passed me the green beans, and I could tell we'd gotten a little closer this afternoon.

I remembered holding Paige in the hospital after she was born, swearing to her that she would never have to compete for or be worthy of my love like I had to do with my mom. And I couldn't be prouder of the young woman she had become.

I looked at my boys, too, as they ate and talked in that oblivious teenage way. What would any of them say if I brought Sandy home? Will was definitely more aware of his social standing at school than Charlie, and Paige just seemed very sure of herself, confident in a way I had never been, let alone at eighteen. It would hit Will the hardest, I think, but who knows? I shook the thought away. I was definitely putting the cart before the horse.

As soon as I dropped Charlie off at Middle School Wednesday morning I headed home. My heart was already beating a little faster thinking about lunchtime. Sandy was coming over! I'll admit I didn't get a lot done on what I was working on, although it was definitely better than that horrid manual had been. This was an anthology of short stories from an independent publishing house that I'd worked for before, with all the authors under twenty-four years old.

The clock seemingly was moving at a glacial pace, but eventually my phone chimed.

Sandy - On my way

I sent her a 'thumbs up' emoji, trying to breathe normally. I saved my work and headed downstairs, followed by my two furry little bodyguards. I grabbed a washcloth, getting it wet and wiping down the table, mostly to give myself something to do, I think. I also switched the laundry, starting a new load. For a mom, there were actually three constants in life: death, taxes, and laundry.

I was unloading the dishwasher when I heard a car door close, my heart suddenly jumping into my throat. I looked out through the back door, where Sandy's curly hair and bright smile were shining through the back door. My anxiety melted away at the sight of her, and I didn't have a prayer to keep the goofy grin off my face as I waved her in. She set a brown bag down on the table as I closed up the dishwasher, tossing the dishtowel I had over my shoulder onto the counter.

"Hey, you." Sandy's voice was a delicious mix of sultry and playful as she stepped close, and I floated into her arms, as much as that was possible. My lips tingled in anticipation of what was coming as her arms went around me, my chin lifting for my kiss. I whimpered happily as our lips made contact while Sandy pulled me close, my body flush against her.

After several long, glorious moments she broke away, staring into my eyes while I giggled stupidly. She nodded towards the table. "I brought lunch, and then we should have a whole hour to kill before I have to go. How are we going to do that?"

"You'll think of something."

"I've been thinking about it all week." She ran her fingers over my cheek, staring into my eyes. "Have you been thinking about it?"

I was transfixed, and all I could do was nod.

"Good. Now let's eat, so we can get to dessert."

***

I lay on the couch, my head lolling to the side so I could see my clothes strewn about the floor. I groaned as Sandy's lips closed around my clit, my eyes closing at the intensity of the pleasure as she started a glorious, pulsing suction that was pushing me right back to the edge, somewhere I'd already been once since we'd finished eating.

My orgasm swept over me, my thighs closing around Sandy's head as my body shook to the ecstatic rhythm. When I finally calmed I sat up, Sandy crawling over me until we were kissing.

"Do you want a turn?"

I nodded. I glanced at the soft rug by the fireplace. "Down there? Sit on my face?"

"Let's do it."

I rolled off the couch and crawled to the rug, turning onto my back after I'd cleared my discarded clothing out of the way. Sandy stood slowly and magnificently, stepping out of the scrub bottoms that I'd at least managed to get pushed down past her hips earlier. She walked towards me, tall and glorious, now wearing only a pair of white cotton panties. The soft material was wet and pasted to her skin, outlining her outer labia and slit. She towered over me, my eyes wide and staring, my hands running up and down her toned legs.

"Do you want this?" Sandy's middle finger ran over her cotton covered pussy, and I nodded yes, my mouth watering. "Okay." She hooked the waistband with her fingers, pushing down. As soon as I could I grabbed them and completed the task, Sandy stepping out of them and straddling me.

Her inner lips were poking out, glistening with her essence.

I reached up to her. "Please?" My voice was begging, and Sandy smiled down at me.

"Oh, baby." She knelt astride my head. "Here you go."

I gave a small whimper, pushing my tongue into her folds, moaning at the intensity of her flavor.

"Oh, Melanie." The visceral purr in my lover's voice sent a delicious, wicked chill up my spine, and I lost myself in her taste. How had I gone over forty years of my life without experiencing this? I mean, I'd never really minded orally servicing any of my male partners before, but a woman, oh my god. The pure, decadent sensuality of it, the rhythmic way she moved her body, the taste, the sounds, yes, please, more.

Sandy began to grind her hips against my mouth, and I wrapped my arms around her thighs, feeling the firm muscles under her soft, smooth skin. My gaze traveled up her long body, watching her head thrown back in pleasure, eyes closed and mouth open as she moaned and sighed in her passion.

It didn't take long before Sandy was pulsing against me, a new gush of wetness coating my face. As she started to come I closed my lips over her clit, sucking it in time with the primal rhythm she was setting. Eventually she stilled, breathing heavily as she slid down my body and we were kissing deeply.

"Oh, baby, that was amazing."

I snuggled into her embrace, more than a little pleased with myself. I'd gotten her good and I knew it. Damn it, after that I felt sexy. It'd been awhile. "Good, will it get you through the rest of your day?"

"Oh, yeah." She kissed me again before grabbing her watch off the coffee table.

"Do you have to go?"

"Not for another fifteen minutes. Plenty of time for a good cuddle with my Melanie." She nuzzled into my neck, making me giggle.

"If we're going to cuddle we should do it right." I crawled over to the sofa and pulled the huge, soft blanket off the back. It was big enough for a queen-sized bed, so it covered us easily. "Mmm, that's better." I snuggled back into her arms, which pulled me close, each of us feathering little kisses on the other's shoulders and neck.

After a few lovely moments I just rested against her as her fingers ran over my skin and through my hair.

"So, has Paige asked any more about your new paramour?"

I smiled. "No, she's got other things on her mind."

"Really?" Sandy's voice was playful. "What's his name? Or her name, no judgment."

I laughed. "No, not like that. Some girlfriends of hers, they're dating, hiding from their parents. She's worried about them."

"Ah, right. So, Kaylin and Dani?"

My mouth dropped open. "How?"

It was Sandy's turn to laugh. "I was eighteen once, trying to sneak around. I know what it looks like. And they're not nearly as clandestine as they think they are. So there'd be a problem with the parents?"

"I'm not sure how much I should say."

"I'll be discrete, I promise."

I shared with her what I knew about the Ellises, noting how that focused, penetrating look stole back over her face as I did.

"It's sweet of the girls to block for them." She sighed. "It shouldn't have to be like that. They shouldn't have to hide."

"Like we shouldn't hide?" I suddenly felt bad about my own fearfulness.

"Sweetheart, we're just starting out, and you have children, and baggage. We're not kids. But they are. They're what, sixteen? Seventeen? They're supposed to be dating at that age, figuring out who they are."

I nodded, resting against my lover. "Still, I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have baggage. That we could just be together."

"Sweetheart, we're both over forty. Baggage is a given. As long as we're moving forward I'm content." She just held me for a moment before speaking again. "You know, if you want some practice at being a couple in public, I have to go to a wedding in a few weeks, an old teammate of mine. You could come. I think it's a weekend you don't have the kids."

"Here in town?"

"Actually it's down in Charlotte. See, no one would know you."

I grimaced. "Charlotte? I'd have to tell Bill that I was going out of town. We always keep each other apprised of that sort of thing."

"Do you have to tell him why?"

I thought about that for a second. I almost never left town. He did, both for work and weekends away with Ashley, often to visit her parents in Virginia. He generally told me why he was leaving, a refreshing change from during our marriage, but I guess he didn't have to, as long as I knew how to get ahold of him.

"He'd want to know, but I guess not. They wouldn't mind you bringing a woman as a plus one?"

Sandy laughed. "No, I'm sure neither of the brides would mind."

Wow, I guess I wasn't expecting that. But I'll admit it piqued my curiosity. I'd never been to a LGBTQ wedding. And it would mean a chance to dance with Sandy, somewhere other than in her living room, at least. But were we ready for a weekend away together? I don't know, but I'll admit I liked the person I was around her, and not just because she made me feel desirable. She made me feel like Melanie, not just Mom, or an ex-wife.

"Okay, let's do it."

Sandy's face lit up. "Really? Huzzah!"

I giggled. "Huzzah?"

"Yep, Huzzah." She leaned closer, grinning, our noses feathering together for a moment before our lips each found the other.

***

"Grandpa!"

"Hey, sweetheart, you played amazing! Just a 'page' out of the old book, huh?"

Paige rolled her eyes as she released my dad from her hug. "Grandpa, you've been saying that since I was six."

He touched Paige's nose. "That's because it's true. You aren't the only athlete in the family, you know."

Bill and Ashley came up from my left. My dad's expression cooled some, but he stayed cordial.

"Bill."

"Mr. Sullivan. Hey kiddo."

"Hi, Daddy." Paige gave her father and stepmom a hug, talking about the game for a minute.

Coach Dalton was talking to the Perry's, something I could tell she was not enjoying. I doubt anyone else would have known, as her face was a carven portrait of professionalism. Senator Perry was speaking, wearing one of those practiced, politician masks that sent chills up your spine. But if he was trying to intimidate the coach, he wasn't succeeding. I don't really know what he was on about, since Adrienne had scored both goals in the girls' 2-0 win.

After a few more moments Sandy moved away, her eyes angry. I couldn't tell who had gotten in the last word, but if it hadn't been the coach I wasn't sure she'd even noticed. Her eyes scanned the crowd until they came to rest on our little group. As soon as she saw me her expression softened, a sad smile tugging at the corners of her lips. I gave her a tiny, hopefully unnoticed wave, mouthing the work 'hi.' For the briefest moment her eyes sparkled, and I wanted to run to her, or maybe walk sedately until she was holding me.

I controlled myself, though, and Sandy's face hardened back into the professional mask she'd been wearing before she made it to our little group. She nodded to Bill and me in turn before turning to Paige.

"Paige, time to get everyone rounded up. Let's get'em on the bus so we can head back."

"You got it, Coach." Paige jogged away, speaking up to get the attention of the others. "Let's go, ladies! Lady Panthers! Towards the bus, please!" I was impressed with the command in her voice, like someone who expected to be obeyed. I couldn't imagine doing that at her age.

We weren't far from the school, just on the south side of town, but policy said the team had to ride back together from all road games. Sandy left her captain to it, turning back towards me. "She really played well today, Melanie, Bill. She, Kaylin and Bobbie Leigh won us that game. They were a wall."

I smiled at her, trying not to let it get too wide. My heart was already beating faster at her mere presence. "Thanks, Coach Dalton." God it felt weird calling her that. "Coach, this is my dad, Paige's grandfather."

My dad stepped forward. "Warren Sullivan, nice to meet you. I've heard a lot of good things so far."

Sandy shook his hand. "Sandra Dalton, thank you. Paige is a joy to coach. Receptive, enthusiastic, makes everyone around her better. Unlike some others." Sandy glanced back toward The Perry's, who were walking toward the parking lot.

"Same issue?"

"It's getting frustrating. Dani has really been working hard, doing the right things on that wing, and she should be getting rewarded with some shots. But every time Adrienne touches the ball in the circle she shoots. Doesn't matter if it's a good shot or not."

I grimaced. "Yeah, just be careful. Her parents throw a lot of weight in the school. Paige loves playing for you, I wouldn't want..."

"I know, but I wasn't kidding about what I said at the welcome dinner. And if Adrienne doesn't come around she's going to get benched." Sandy let out an exasperated breath. "Thing is, she passes in practice. I'm going to have to figure out what's going on."

Bill shook his head. "I have an idea."

Sandy nodded, looking back at the Perry's. "Yeah, me too. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I've had the coaching staff put together a highlight reel for Paige, and I want to start sending it off to some schools."

Bill looked at me, his eyes widening, asking my opinion. I responded quickly. "Absolutely."

"Good. I expect scouts to start showing up soon. Be ready to get some calls." Sandy started walking away, sparing a last glance at me, which made my heart do a little flip.

My dad took my arm. "Don't worry, Melanie, I won't tell your mother."

***

Saturdays with the kids were usually a blur, but I did have something to look forward to. Charlie's friend Devin came over, and Will wanted to meet some buddies to play disc golf. Paige and I, of course, had a shopping date, so I spent the entirety of the day driving people around in between doing laundry and dishes. #Momofteens.

Usually I just moved through my day, accomplishing the mundane necessities so my kids could live their best lives. But this time I was constantly finding myself daydreaming and losing focus. All of a sudden the life I'd been living for the last twelve or so years seemed like a shadow, and the only thing that felt real was my time with Sandy. Seeing her last night and not being able to hold her hand or kiss her, having to pretend we barely knew each other, it made me hurt inside.

"Hey Mom, what do you think?"

"Hm? Oh! Yeah, turn around, sweetheart." Paige spun in a circle, letting the knee length, A-line skirt flow around her. The ring halter-top left her toned back bare. God, my little girl had grown up into a gorgeous woman.

"It's beautiful honey. Do you like the royal blue?"

"Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing the burnt orange?"

"Okay." I signaled to the sales girl, who was hovering unobtrusively nearby. "Can we see this one in orange in a four?"

"Of course." She disappeared back into the store.

Paige turned back to the three-way mirror, turning left and right, admiring her reflection. I didn't mind that, Paige wasn't the prideful type. It was nice seeing her enjoying dressing up, something she didn't do often.

"Y'know mom, after we're done we should look for something for you, like, for your next date."

I blushed and looked down. "Sweetheart, there's nothing in this store that would fit me."

"Maybe not, but there's a Torrid just over there. My friend Cara shops there all the time. She always has cute clothes, and she's about your size."

I hemmed and hawed long enough for the sales girl to return with the requested dress. In all, Paige tried on several colors before deciding on the royal blue, which I agreed looked best on her.

We stopped at the food court for a smoothie, and Paige kept at it. "Please, Mom, let's just go into the store. If you don't like anything we can go."

I laughed and sat back. "Why is this so important to you?"

"Why? Because you are in desperate need of a makeover. I mean, the hair is a big improvement since Uncle John's party, but seriously, Mom." She was grinning at me, and I bowed my head.

"Okay, fine. We'll look. No promises!" I wagged a finger at her as she clapped her hands in triumph.

"Awesome, It's going to be fun, promise." Paige stood up and held out her hand. "Let's go!"

After several more hours we piled the bags we'd acquired in the back of my van and climbed into the front. I was in a very good mood, so I was in the passenger seat as my daughter started the engine. "Mom, you looked so good in that pink dress, it was so cute. Like, Grecian Goddess."

"You're lying, but thank you, Sweetheart." I winced inside at what Sandy would have said if I'd run myself down like that in front of her. I didn't get away with Paige either.