Beautiful Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JCMcNeilly
JCMcNeilly
2,422 Followers

"Yes you did! You do." She was very careful to keep her eyes forward and on the road. "You are going to wear it on your next date, right? Trust me, It'll blow his mind."

"I will, I promise."

"So," Paige's voice changed, trying and failing to be nonchalant, "why wouldn't Grandma like him?"

"What?"

"When you told me in the kitchen, you said you wouldn't want Daddy or Grandma asking about him. Daddy I can understand, but I think Grandma'd be super happy you were seeing someone. So what is it? Is he younger? Oh! Or is he Black?"

"Paige! Why would that matter?"

"It wouldn't matter to me, but it'd matter to Grandma, and you know it."

I sighed. "Okay, they are just a couple of years younger, less than five, which when you're my age is nothing to think about. And they are white, not that it matters."

"What does he do?"

"They're a medical professional, so they have a good job." Paige opened her mouth to keep up her inquiry, but I shut it down. "And that's all you get, young lady. Now pay attention and try not to kill us."

Paige grinned at me. "Yes, Ma'am."

***

I shook another hand, keeping the smile plastered onto my face. It wasn't too hard, really. Overall, I enjoyed my church family, the vast majority of them were really good, loving people, and they weren't ultra conservative like at the church I'd attended when I was married to Bill. Of course, that didn't mean they were liberal. I'd actually done a lot of research after Bill and I had divorced, and this was the least conservative church I'd been able to find that I thought wouldn't bring mother or my ex-husband's ire down on me.

In a whirlwind of self-destructive patterns and bad choices, this had been one good one. But that didn't mean it didn't have its issues, including some annoying intra-church politics and a fully functioning rumor mill, the latter of which was about to bite me in the blubber.

"Melanie, it's good to see you. We missed you last week."

"Thanks, Samantha, I missed you, too."

She cocked her head a little to the side with a conspiratorial smile. "Well, I heard you didn't miss us too much."

"Hmm?"

"Oh, Penny was telling us about your little adventure."

"Hi, Mom! What little adventure?" Paige put her hand on my shoulder, and I felt my heart leap into my throat.

Sam turned to her. "Oh, nothing, just your mom and a friend picking up some wine at Trader Joe's last Sunday."

Paige's eyes got big. "You've seen her friend? What're they like?"

"I didn't see her, Penny did. And your mom's allowed a girl's night when you're at your dad's." Sam gave Paige a smile, before reaching out and putting her hand on my elbow. "You know I'm not adverse to a glass of vino from time to time, we should do that some time."

I smiled a fake smile. "Absolutely."

Luckily Samantha excused herself to get her kids from children's church, and I tried not to act scared.

"Where're your brothers?"

"In the rec center, playing basketball."

My brow crinkled. "Even Charlie?"

Paige shrugged. "He's at least there."

"Can you go get them? It's about time to go."

Paige headed out toward the hallway that ran to the rec center, and I found one of the soft chairs that populated the church's entryway and sank down into it. I smiled and waved at a few more people, but mostly my thoughts centered around a chestnut brunette doctor and field hockey coach, and what it would be like to have her sitting next to me.

A few other people stopped by to say hello as I waited, and I dutifully returned their pleasantries. Eventually Charlie and Will appeared, and I stood up and looked around to find Paige. I didn't see her for a second, but then two men moved and I could see Paige talking to Penny Hobson.

My heart leapt into my chest. "Paige! Let's go!"

Paige waved, saying goodbye and heading towards me. "You okay, Mom?"

I nodded, pulling out the keys from my bag. "Yeah, I just want to get home. You want to drive?"

"Sure."

***

The afternoon passed in its usual blur of laundry and dishes. I spent a few hours helping Charlie out with a book report on Steinbeck's 'East of Eden'. I remember reading it when I was in eighth grade. It was the first time I realized that the books our teachers assigned were actually quite good, instead of the instruments of torture or punishment most students assumed them to be.

Darkness had finally fallen outside, and I'd gotten the kids on the way towards bed. I'd retired to my room, where I was sitting up in bed, reading, when there was a soft knock on the door.

I marked my place and set my copy of 'Middlemarch' on the bed stand. "Come in!"

The door pushed open and Paige stepped inside, already wearing her sky blue pajamas.

"Mom? Would you braid my hair?"

"Well, sure, Honey. Come here." That was odd. She hadn't asked me to do that for a long time. I used to braid her hair every night when she was little, until the day she'd announced that she could do it herself. When she did now, it meant she wanted to talk.

She crawled onto the mattress, handing me a ribbon and a brush before turning her back to me. I started to brush her hair out, my heart racing just a little faster than usual. "So what's on your mind, sweetheart?"

"So, Mrs. Hobson was asking about your new friend, the one she saw you with at the grocery store."

I forced my voice to stay controlled. "Well, that should have been a short conversation."

"Yeah, well, um, there wasn't anything I could say. But she did describe her to me."

I tried to regulate my breathing. "Really? What did she say?"

"She said she was tall, a curly-haired brunette named Sandy."

I set the brush aside, buying some time to figure out what to say by separating Paige's hair into three equal bunches.

"And?"

"That's it. Mom? Coach Dalton's first name is Sandra." Paige's voice was tentative and unsure. "I've seen, well, I've seen you talking."

"Paige, let me ask you a question. Do you tell me everything about all of your friends? When a boy asks you out, is your first reaction, 'I should run home and tell Mom'?"

Paige chuckled. "No."

I wove the strands together. "And I don't ask, much."

"Sorry, it's just, a lot of the girls think she's gay, the coach."

I tied her braid off and Paige turned around. "Has she said anything to the team, officially, about that?"

Paige shook her head. "No, she never talks about her personal life. But she's never mentioned a husband or a boyfriend. Kaylin thinks she is, and since she's one herself, aren't they supposed to be able to tell?"

I smiled at the naïveté in that statement. "Not always. Would it matter to you if she were?"

"No. But I thought it might matter to you, if you guys were spending time together."

"Thanks, sweetheart, but I can take care of myself."

"It's just, you always tell me that I can talk to you about anything, right?"

I nodded.

"Well, I'm eighteen years old, Mom, I'm not a kid. You said you met someone, and then someone sees you with Coach Dalton. And you were describing the person you met, you never actually called them 'him', it was always 'they'. I know you can't talk to Grandma, or Dad. But you can talk to me, if you need to."

***

"So she suspects, at least."

I nodded, taking another bite of the chicken vindaloo Sandy had brought me for lunch. "Yeah, definitely."

Sandy chuckled, swirling a piece of na'an through her chana masala. "I thought there was something off about her the last couple of days. Do you think we should tell her?"

"Not quite yet. I still want you all to myself for a little while longer."

Sandy grinned, leaning forward across the corner of the table and kissing me.

We lingered like that for a second before she sat back. She nodded towards my bowl. "I like your vindaloo."

I shook my head. "You haven't tried it."

"Really?" Her grin was wicked, and I realized what she was getting at.

"You could taste it on my lips?" Sandy nodded, edging forward a little. "You want some more? Then you better ask nicely."

Sandy put on a British accent, channeling Oliver Twist. "Please, sir, can I have some more?"

"Oh, all right."

Sandy covered my lips with her, this kiss more insistent, and my body instinctively began to surrender to it. Sandy leaned away, breaking contact only long enough for her to pull me around the table and into her lap. Her arms went around my middle and mine encircled her neck. Our liplock was long and deep, and my body, whose arousal had been at a lower simmer all morning knowing Sandy was coming for lunch, was now at a raging boil.

My lover's lips moved to my neck before sliding up and whispering in my ear. "Couch, or bed?"

I gasped as she sucked my earlobe into her mouth for a moment. "Bed, c'mon." I stood, pulling her to her feet. I loved how much taller than me she was, and I kissed her again before I turned, dragging her behind me towards the stairs.

***

An hour later I was leaning back against her, savoring the taste of her essence lingering on my lips. Sandy had made me brush my teeth and tongue, first. A little vindaloo in a kiss was one thing, but on her more sensitive lips, that's a different story. Still, it was a trade I'd make anytime.

My head was resting on her forearm while one hand caressed my bare breast. Her other made slow, gentle circles around my pearl, which, after my several recent orgasms, felt just heavenly.

"Mmm." Sandy nuzzled into my hair, kissing the back of my neck. "That was amazing."

"It was okay, but next time I want to try the Rogan Josh."

"You brat! I was not talking about curry."

I giggled, turning in her arms. The hand that had been stroking my pussy now ran over my sizable backside, but any momentary self-recrimination disappeared at the power of her kiss.

"So, I get you all to myself this weekend, right?"

I nodded, the desire in her voice running over me like a caress. "Yeah." I pecked her on the cheek. "You mean you didn't get enough of me just now?"

"You were amazing," she kissed my forehead, "but it's not just the sex. I like spending time with you, Melanie."

A tear stung my eye, and I ran my fingers through her curly hair. "I like that part, too. Just no more mini golf."

Sandy laughed and we kissed, me luxuriating in the feel of her skin on mine. "Seriously, though," Sandy's eyes looked concerned, "what if Paige says something to me? Or asks me something? What do you want me to do? I don't want to lie to her."

"No, you're right." I took a moment to think before letting out a long breath. "If she asks, we should tell her the truth. Just tell her to talk to me. Or maybe we could find a way to tell her together. You okay?" Her face had twisted up somewhat.

"Yeah, I just, um," Her voice trailed away as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I brushed it away. "What is it?"

"Just, um, hearing you say you'd be willing to tell Paige about..."

"About our relationship?"

"Is that what we have, Melanie?"

Now it was my turn to tear up. "Yeah, I think so."

Her face broke into a joyful grin, and we spent the rest of the time holding on to each other.

***

Friday night was rough. The girls played Westside, the City Champions two years running. Last year they'd beaten us by six goals. This year we played them to a scoreless first half, but early in the third quarter one of their wings fired a ball through the circle that went off Kaylin's foot, giving them a penalty corner. Their resultant shot took a deflection and found the back of the goal, and a few minutes later their counterattack after we'd pushed forward, trying to find an equalizer, found an easy second goal.

We managed to find our feet again, keeping some sustained offensive pressure, but Westside had obviously realized that Adrienne did not like to pass, and they were collapsing their defense onto her anytime she got the ball in the scoring circle. It happened again, with Adrienne spinning out of a double team and running into a third defender and firing the ball wildly off target.

I glanced at Sandy, whose arms were crossed under her breasts. She looked down at the ground, not quite hiding her scowl as she turned away from the field. She looked down the bench. "Fei!" A player with long black hair jumped off the bench, grabbing her stick and jogging to the coach, who whispered something to her before she ran to the substitution area.

As Adrienne came off the field I glanced over at Renee Perry. Her husband wasn't here for whatever reason, but the daggers radiating from Renee's gaze were enough for any two people. Sandy talked to Adrienne for a minute, her eyes frozen green fire while her player's face dropped before heading to the bench.

Our girls finally tallied on a series of nice passes, resulting in a tap-in for Dani, but our momentum was short lived, as Westside scored again at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and the game ended three - one. Adrienne had stayed on the bench, and I couldn't tell if she was more angry or upset. That wasn't true regarding her mother. I could feel the heat from her anger three rows away.

Bill and I milled around with a number of the other parents after the match, waiting for the players to emerge. It took a while longer than usual, but eventually they came out, distinctly more somber than after their previous wins. It was interesting watching which players came out to hugs and support, and which came out to glowering disapproval. There were a lot more of the former, but Adrienne Perry was definitely one of the latter.

Bill was talking to the Yew's, Fei's parents, so I slipped away to get closer to Adrienne and her mother.

"Don't you dare cry. If you'd put some of those chances in the net she wouldn't have taken you out."

"Mom, I was being doubled and triple teamed!"

"So what? You think any of the women on the national team were bothered by a double team in high school?" Adrienne started to respond, but Renee cut her off. "I don't want to hear it. Go get in the car." Adrienne scurried away as Sandy and Paige emerged from the building. They were deep in discussion about something, Paige asking a question, and Sandy responding with hand motions as Paige nodded in understanding.

Renee started towards them, and I followed sedately behind.

"What the hell is the big idea, taking my daughter out?"

I watched Sandy's face morph from the sage teacher to the hardened warrior in an instant. "I've been telling you for weeks, if she doesn't start passing the ball she's going to ride the bench."

"She's the only scorer you have!"

"No." It was almost as if Sandy grew an inch as her voice became steel. "She's one of the few who scores because she doesn't involve her teammates. There are ten other girls out on that field, and they score together. That team we played today? All three of their goals were the result of excellent passing and unselfish play.

"Now, Adrienne will not start next game, but she will play, and if she wants to earn back that starting spot I will need to see her play my way, unselfish, team-first."

"You wouldn't bench your best player." Most of Renee's earlier bravado was gone, but not all. Sandy's voice, however, was not loud. It was cold as frozen helium, and devastating as a sledgehammer.

"I don't play the best players, Mrs. Perry. I play the best TEAM. If Adrienne wants to be part of that team we'd be happy to have her; she has a ton of talent. But if she doesn't, then we will do without, and be better for it. Am I clear?"

Renee seemed to have shrunken considerably, but she wasn't accustomed to not getting the last word, and she made good on that as she retreated. "She starts next game." She backed away several steps before turning on her heel and stomping away toward the parking lot.

Sandy let go a shaky breath, trying to rein in her emotions.

"You okay, Coach?"

Sandy nodded slowly towards my daughter. "Yeah. Paige?"

"Yeah, Coach."

"Not a word of that exchange to anyone, okay?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Paige looked up and registered that I was there for the first time. "Mom?"

"Hey, sweetie, your dad's up there." I thumbed toward the parking lot. "I already gave him your bag."

"Okay. Bye, Coach, see you Monday."

"Have a good weekend, Paige. You played well today, despite the result."

"Thanks." She ran off, a little more bounce in her step. Sandy turned towards me, her eyes softening as she took me in. I could see her restraint, how she was fighting the impulse to take me into her arms. I knew, because it was exactly what I wanted her to do. She did step closer to me, and I tried to make my voice sound consoling.

"Hey. How'ya doing?"

Anger and shame flashed through her eyes, not directed at me. "God, I hate to lose. I hate it."

"I know. It'll be okay. They'll learn from it."

She nodded and stepped just a little nearer. "Your place?"

I nodded, my cheeks flushing red. My chin lifted almost on instinct for a kiss, but luckily Sandy had more situational awareness than I did and backed away, even though I could tell it was taking effort.

"See you in a few minutes."

I collected myself and nodded, stepping away. I forced myself not to run back to my van. I made it home in record time, as if I could hurry my lover along with how quickly I did so. I gave the cats some treats, running my hands over their soft fur, thinking about what I should do. Sandy had been so stressed, and when I was stressed, oh! Duh!

I ran upstairs and started a bath. Once I had the water running I sent Sandy a text.

Me - Back door is open. Come upstairs.

I looked around, what else? Of course! I put the bubbles in first before pulling out some of the Bath and Body Works candles I had tucked under the counter. I loved the scent of White Tea and Rain Water together, so I chose that combination and lit them. I guess there was only one thing left.

I was just stripping off my panties as I heard the security system chime regarding an open door. My heart raced as footsteps sounded on the stairs. "Melanie?"

"In here!" The bedroom door opened and Sandy stepped into the en suite doorway, stopping dead at the sight of my nude body. I didn't cover up, instead just putting my hands behind my back.

"I ran us a bath, I hope that's okay."

"Oh, Melanie. It's perfect. You're perfect." She stepped forward, and I melted into her kiss as her hands roamed freely over my skin. I pulled away after a glorious few moments, unbuttoning the top of her polo. She reached down and pulled off her top as I stepped away. I stepped over the stone facing of my tub and into the water, sinking slowly down as I watched Sandy undress. I dropped down until my breasts were submerged before rising up onto my knees, letting the sudsy water roll off them. Sandy's eyes went wide, and she lost her balance a little trying to take off her slacks, which made me giggle. She gave me a playful scowl before kicking the pants off and slipping out of her panties, and I grinned ear to ear as she joined me in the water.

I ran my wet hands over her amazingly soft skin. There was something about her that always felt so tough and strong. But she was human, like anyone, and everyone needs to be pampered once in a while.

"Come here." I pulled her back to my front. We definitely did this more the other way, but tonight I wanted it this way. "Let me take care of you." I kissed her neck. "My brave girl. So strong." My hands caressed her body, massaging her breasts.

"Oh, Melanie." She breathed out my name as her tension began to seep out into the water, her muscles relaxing under my touch. Her legs opened as my hands ran down her body and my fingers found her sex, making her moan into the night. The soft, surrendered tone of the noises she was making was incredibly erotic, and I slowly built her pleasure until she was shaking in my arms. I didn't increase the pressure or tempo until she eventually tipped over the edge into bliss.

JCMcNeilly
JCMcNeilly
2,422 Followers