Beautiful Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I just stood there, trying not to tremble as I watched her walk away.

"You two seem chummy." I turned towards Renee Perry's ice-cold voice.

"I don't know what you mean."

"I wouldn't get too attached. I don't think she's going to last the season."

The evil lilt in her voice made my skin crawl. "What? You couldn't intimidate her, so you figure you'd try with me?

"Everyone's got secrets, and no one disrespects my daughter." She turned on her heel and walked away, giving the cold shoulder to anyone who tried to talk to her.

***

"You have to be careful with her. Please."

"Well, Adrienne is going to start again on Friday. I'm hoping that I've finally gotten through to her. The thing is, if she does what I tell her by the end of the season she'll be scoring more than ever."

I shifted in the warm water of our bath, hoping Adrienne starting again would be enough to slake Renee's thirst for vengeance. "Her mother's very capable of getting someone fired, y'know."

"I meant what I said, Melanie. If they fire me, I won't be out on the street. They said they want a winning team, and I'll guarantee I know more about how to make that happen than Renee Perry."

"I know. Just, Paige'd be crushed. She idolizes you."

"She's a good kid, with a lot of talent."

"Thanks, but I'm not worried about her."

"Me neither. There're going to be scouts at Friday's game."

My eyes widened. "Really? From where? Have you told Paige?"

"No, I haven't told her, and I don't intend to. I'd rather her just play her game. I remember how bad I froze up the first time I realized there were scouts in the stands watching me. And I know there'll be some from Old Dominion, North Carolina and Duke. Probably some others, too."

"Wow. Are you going to have her push forward more?"

"That's always been the plan. And her shot from the top of the circle is so good, and it's going to be open. Anyway, no more talk about hockey." Her voice changed from a friendly patter to a sexy purr. "How are you feeling?"

"Mmm." I stretched under the water, "relaxed."

"Do you have your little vibe?"

I quickly glanced at the door, making sure I'd remembered to lock it before I picked up the blue, waterproof massager sitting on the edge of the tub. "Yeah."

"Good. Now I'm going to switch to facetime, so I can watch you."

How I managed to get myself off while not dropping the phone in the water is something I still don't understand. The sad thing was that Sandy had a lunch meeting on Wednesday, so we weren't going to be able to have our normal afternoon tryst, but after the match Friday we were going away for a whole weekend together. It was going to be amazing, especially after being at something as romantic as a wedding.

Before I'd gotten divorced I'd loved weddings, the women beautiful in their dresses, the men looking dapper in their suits and ties or tuxedos, the hope and happiness in everyone present. Ever since I'd dreaded them, as they became reminders of my marital failure. This was different, though. For the first time since my marriage collapsed I'd be at a wedding with someone who loved me. I was going to have someone to dance with, to hold my hand while the couple exchanged their vows.

And it was a lesbian wedding! A total scandal, if my mother ever found out, but I was so excited, to be at a celebration of something I'd hidden my whole life. I lay in bed, the lights off, reliving my own wedding in my mind. Only instead of Bill waiting for me at the end of the aisle, it was Sandra Dalton. I drifted off as I walked towards her, her beaming face the last thing I saw until morning.

***

To distract myself from the fact Sandy wasn't there on Wednesday I went out, but not for lunch. Instead I headed back to Torrid, where Paige and I had bought that dress. I'd noticed they had plus sized lingerie, and I thought something special for the weekend might be in order.

The sales girl who greeted me as I entered was younger than I was, but plus-sized as well.

"Can I help you find anything?"

My cheeks flushed. "I think I'm just going to look around."

"Okay. Let me know if you need anything."

I nodded, probably a little too fast, and headed back to the intimates section. It had seemed like a grand plan until I was standing there, surrounded by lacy, flirty mannequins and the barely there slips they were wearing. What was I doing? I couldn't do this! Deep breaths, Melanie, just breathe. I made myself pull the nearest thing I could off the rack, holding it up to my body and looking in the mirror.

It was a leopard print teddy, very not me, even on my best day, and I hung it back up with extreme prejudice. I wandered around for a few more minutes, touching a few things, even going so far as to pull one or two off the hangers.

Eventually the salesgirl poked her head back around the corner. "Are you sure I can't help you find something?" Her smile was kind, and just a bit pitying.

I grimaced. "I'm not sure. I, um," my voice trailed away into insecurity "Sorry, I haven't done this in a while."

She grinned, head cocked to the side. "Trying to rekindle a spark?"

I blushed. "No, new spark, and it's burning like crazy. I just, I didn't think I'd ever, um, spark again, if you know what I mean?"

"I do. So, when's the last time you bought yourself nice lingerie?"

"At least fifteen years," my face dropped, "and fifty pounds ago, minimum."

Her smile didn't slip. She didn't laugh at me, or look at me like I was delusional. Instead, she just gave me a very professional looking over before speaking. "First thing, let me measure you, so we get the right size." She recognized the look of fear in my eyes. I'm sure it was something she dealt with on a regular basis. She gave me a serious look. "Trust me, you'll look so much better in something that fits, rather than the smallest thing you can squeeze into."

I nodded. "I know, really." I took a deep breath. "Okay, let's do it."

I thanked the salesgirl as I took the bag from her. I had actually bought a couple of things. Once I started looking at lingerie that fit, it was fun, especially imagining how Sandy would react when she saw me in these things. I felt sexy, beautiful even.

The rest of the week went slowly, but eventually it was Friday night. My bag was packed and tucked away in my closet. I didn't need any questions from any snooping kids.

The game ended up being a family affair. My dad was sitting two rows ahead with Will and Anna. He had the old Sullivan charm turned on full blast, keeping Anna laughing and Will blushing as his grandpa told stories on him. Charlie was sitting with Georgia, sharing some pretzel bites with his little sister, while Bill and Ashley cuddled together under a blanket in the cool October evening air.

Normally that would give me at least a pang of regret, but with my lover down on the sidelines, looking incredible in her slacks and polo, with her long curly hair pulled back in a puffy, segmented ponytail, it didn't bother me nearly as much.

Sandy looked up at me, a smile playing at the corner of her mouth. I gave a little, subtle wave, and she turned back to the field. I glanced over at the Perry's, where Renee's head was turned, looking at me with an unreadable expression. My heart jumped into my throat. Had she seen? I made myself smile at her and give the same wave, which she did not return.

Renee and her husband sat stone faced, watching the match. Paige had told me in confidence that Adrienne was under orders not to shoot, and with all her talent she was an excellent facilitator when she tried, and tonight she was trying. The offense looked dangerous, with the opposing defense constantly chasing the play, and it wasn't long before Fei, playing left inner, buried a shot off a nice pass from Adrienne. The Lost Valley supporters erupted, particularly Mr. and Mrs. Yew, who received a bunch of high fives and pats on the back. The Perry's, on the other hand, just threw up their hands. The Senator gestured angrily toward the field, saying something to his wife, as she nodded, her expression hard.

I'm sure it hadn't escaped their notice that there were several new faces in the stands, two women and two men sitting together up in the corner of the bleachers. They were all dressed differently, each wearing a shirt from a different university. Scouts, just like Sandy had said.

Just before the first quarter ended a nice piece of stick work from Adrienne earned a penalty corner, her defender having to block with her feet to prevent an easy score from Dani on the wing.

As the defenders donned their protective gear Paige moved forward, joining Adrienne at the top of the scoring circle. The umpire blew her whistle, and Dani sent the ball into the field. Adrienne stooped down, settling the ball just inside the scoring zone as Paige stepped forward, dragging the ball forward slightly as the defenders charged out of the goal towards her.

Paige held the ball a fraction of a second longer before pulling it forward. She kept it low, and the goalie kicked out her leg, but made no contact as the ball found its way past the defenders and just inside the post, banging against the sideboard at the bottom of the net.

It hadn't been the hardest shot ever, but it had been perfectly placed. I glanced up at the scouts, who were nodding and making notes. I accepted the congratulations from the surrounding parents as the girls embraced on the fields.

The girls were dominant, with Adrienne making good on her instructions. Finally, late in the fourth quarter, Adrienne hit the left wing, Nevaeh, who fired a shot that was blocked by the goalie. Adrienne had rolled to the far side of the goal and the rebound came right to her, and she slapped it in for her first goal in three games.

"But I scored, Mom. Can't you just leave it alone?"

"That's what you want? A meaningless goal off a rebound? Just living off other people's scraps? You're a Perry, Adrienne. You don't pass, you score." She pointed towards two of the scouts, who were talking together near the entrance to the locker rooms. "You see them? You think they care about a center forward who can't shoot? Doesn't look like they want to talk to you, does it? Go get in the car."

There were tears in Adrienne's eyes as she went to obey. As she did the coach and Paige emerged. The two scouts who were waiting moved forward, shaking hands with Sandy, who introduced them to Paige.

I moved forward, as did Bill, each listening as Paige talked to the scouts.

"Brenda Scott, from UNC. We'd love to have you come out to campus for an official visit. You could meet some of the girls, see the facilities we have to offer. I think you'll be impressed."

"I, um, I'd like that."

"Good. We'll be in touch. Are these your parents?"

We spoke with the scouts for a few moments, Sandy standing close by. Bill went into full 'concerned dad' mode, asking a bunch of questions about the process and next steps and such, which let me slip away towards Sandy.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, my bag is packed."

"Good. I'll come pick you up as soon as I can."

I nodded, heading back over to Paige. I gave her a hug and told her I loved her, before heading back to my car. I passed Renee Perry on the way, who just looked at me funny. That made me nervous, but she wasn't going to follow me where I was going, and I put her out of my mind as I drove home.

Less than twenty minutes later I was waiting at the back door, my suitcase in hand as I stared out into the darkness of the North Carolina night. A smile stretched across my cheeks when my driveway lit up as an orange jeep pulled around from the front.

I bent down and ruffled Samson's fur. "So, you two have plenty of food and water, I'll see you in a couple of days, okay?"

"Meow."

I headed out to the car, my hand slipping into Sandy's as I climbed inside, and we were off.

***

I am not a good traveling companion, especially when I'm not driving. Of course, I could barely remember the last time I was a passenger for anything like a long road trip, but the gentle hum of the road had me nodding off almost immediately.

Ever wonder why you always wake up from sleeping in the car just when you get to where you're going? Me too, but it happened, and I opened my eyes just as we were pulling into the parking lot.

Sandy smirked at me. "You know, you are an amazing conversationalist."

"Mmm, I'm sorry." I ran my hand up over my face and through my hair. "We're here?"

"Yeah. Let's go in. I'm exhausted, all that driving with no one to talk to."

I gave her a sheepish grin. "Mmm, don't tease me. I'm just waking up."

Sandy laughed. "Come on, let's go to bed."

I climbed out, pulling my suitcase from the back and extending the handle. I began to roll it towards the glass front doors. Sandy joined me, and my hand slipped into hers as we entered through the automatic doors.

I was so tired I didn't even think about it, at least not until we approached the desk. There was a young man behind the counter, whose smile went from friendly to forced when his eyes flicked down to our handclasp.

Sandy's energy bristled, but she kept her voice friendly. "Hello, Reservation for Dalton?"

"Yes, ma'am."

He tapped at his computer for a moment before asking for Sandy's credit card. I noticed as soon as he took it Sandy pulled out her phone, pulling up the hotel's website. I didn't know why until the host finished running the card, handed her a paper and small envelope with key cards. "Room 214."

Sandy looked down at the receipt, her eyes closing for a second. "This is a double. I reserved a single king."

"I'm afraid we don't have any kings available. Besides, I'm sure you'll be more comfortable in separate beds."

Sandy's eyes flashed, her voice staying level. "No, my girlfriend and I will be more comfortable together in a King, like I reserved."

The young man's smile turned wickedly cordial. "Well, like I said."

Sandy cut him off. "And don't tell me you don't have any Kings. There are two available on your website right now." She turned her phone to show him. "I'm sure those are in addition to the one I reserved."

"Ma'am,"

Sandy didn't let him continue, leaning ever so slightly over the table. "Young man, this is going to go one of two ways. Either you give us the King that I reserved and we forget this unpleasantness ever happened, or," she paused letting her own evil smile steal across her face, "or you force us to take the double. If you do, two things, first: you won't accomplish anything. We'll still sleep in the same bed, and have the same amount of sex as we would have had in the King. And secondly, on Monday I'll make a formal complaint to your corporate office, and have your homophobic ass fired for discrimination. So," Sandy's smile evaporated, her light green eyes boring into her adversary, "What's it going to be?"

The anger in the host's eyes was palpable, but he turned back to his computer. He took back the small envelope, and printed off another receipt while reinitializing our key cards. "It looks like we have a cancellation for a King. Room 203. Enjoy your stay. Checkout is at eleven."

Sandy took the cards and stepped back, relaxing. "Thank you." She turned on her heel and headed toward the elevators, while I hurried along beside. As soon as the elevator doors closed she slumped, sighing angrily. "God, that was not how I wanted this weekend to start."

"You okay?"

She smiled at me and pulled my hand up to her mouth for a kiss. "Yeah, fine. People like that, I mean, this is 2022, we should be past this."

The doors opened and we followed the sign to the left. "I was very impressed, though. I wouldn't have handled it that well."

"Well, let's see if it helped." Sandy dropped the key card into the slot on the doorknob for room 203, which flashed red for a second before clicking and turning green. She pushed the door open, and I followed her into a clean, fresh smelling room with one large, king-sized bed.

I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her middle. "Look at that, my hero."

"Thanks," she sighed, leaning back against me, "but still. When I walked in I was exhausted, now this is going to keep me up all night." She looked back at me. "I'm going to fall asleep on your shoulder during the service tomorrow."

"I bet I could relax you."

"Yeah? Think so, huh?"

"Yeah." I went up on my tiptoes and kissed her cheek. "But first I have to pee."

"Ha! So romantic."

"Romance, huh? How's this?" I turned her around, sliding my hand behind her neck and pulling her down for a kiss. Her lips went from stiff to soft, and I sighed into her mouth as she pulled me close. As we continued I felt the tension in her start to ease, and when I pulled away she was smiling down at me. I ran my fingers through her hair. "See, and that was just a start. But I really do have to pee."

It turns out we both did, but I got to go first. That meant by the time Sandy finished I was lying in the center of the bed, nude. She stopped, her mouth dropping open.

"Oh, god, Melanie."

I got up on my knees and crooked my finger towards her. "Come here. And take those clothes off."

She stripped, letting me enjoy her body being revealed to me, but I'd seen that before. What I really wanted was to get my hands on her, and luckily she was quite amenable to that desire.

She crawled up onto the mattress, and I guided her down until she was lying on her belly. "Now, you just relax," I started to rub her shoulders, "and let me take care of you."

"Mmm, okay."

I ran my nails softly over her exposed back, down her sides and over her backside, earning a lovely series of moans and sighs. I moved down her legs, massaging and caressing, and by the time I'd gotten to her feet all the tension seemed to be gone.

I lifted a foot, turning her onto her back and spreading her legs, kissing my way up past her knee and along her inner thighs. She opened for me, moaning my name as I settled over her sex, and I lowered my salivating mouth to my prize.

Her hand reached down and caressed my head as I pleasured her. God, I loved this, feeling her move, surrendering herself to me. A powerful, confident woman given over to her pleasure, was there anything sexier? And I was the lucky soul who got to provide that pleasure.

Eventually she seized beneath me, crying her bliss out into the night before pulling me up for a deep kiss.

I grinned at her. "Was that okay, sweetie?"

"Oh, baby. You were perfect. You are perfect."

I kissed her again, my body lying flush against her, all my flaws on full display, and she didn't care a smidge. My heart was melting inside my chest as she gazed at me when she took it to the next level.

"Melanie, I love you."

I tried to respond, but my heart leapt into my throat as tears flooded my eyes. She pulled me close, her lips finding mine, the pure joy of being near her flooding my soul. And when I broke apart I found my voice.

"I love you, too, so much."

We kissed and cuddled, finding our way under the blankets and sheets and into dreamland together.

***

"So, why don't you wear a dress? It's a wedding, perfect time for it." I finished putting in my earring and turned back toward Sandy, who was tucking her patterned blouse into her burgundy slacks.

"I just don't feel good in dresses. I'm awkward, like a giraffe on roller skates." Her face looked unsure, very unlike her, so I stepped forward.

"Oh, sweetie. I'd love to see you in a dress." I put my hands on her waist while her arms slid around me. She smiled a warm, teasing smile and kissed my forehead.

"We can't all be as perfectly, effortlessly feminine as you are, my love." Her hands ran over the filmy, flowy material of my pink gown, the one Paige and I had picked out during our shopping trip.