All Comments on 'Beauty and the Beast'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
ca_daveca_daveabout 2 months ago

Well done, this may be your best story. Thank you for sharing.5*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

I like stories where the hero or heroine pulls a friend or lover from the abyss!

5

woodrangewoodrangeabout 2 months ago

Dave's right definitely one of your best 5 stars

DontPanic442DontPanic442about 2 months ago

Great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wonderful story! My one comment/complaint is that it could have been longer! I've read all your stories, you're one of the best writers on this site, and this one is one of your best!

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryabout 2 months ago

Nice, thank you for sharing. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I generally liked it but found that it syrongly teminded me of the Mel Gibson movie, Man without a face. I think it needed to have been almost twice the length in order to explore all the emotive issues fully.

eomersoneomersonabout 2 months ago

Just a really nice story. Thank you!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 2 months ago

Very good. I was surprised the senator wasn't behind the kidnapping.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 months ago

Good story. Well developed characters. I really enjoyed it.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 months ago

Wow. Romance and a hero who saves the kids. 5* story telling.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 2 months ago
Didn’t see the twist coming

Our beast made appropriate short work of the villains. Excellent story!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 months ago

Great take on the challenge and a great, well-written tale too! 5* and thanks for participating in Randi’s event.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 months ago

This was a very enjoyable romance. Nice job.

afosi2604afosi2604about 2 months ago

Positive story with a veteran who suffered as so many do. The damsel who tries to draw him out turns into the damsel in distress. Another flip and finally a good old fashioned Hallmark ending. Killer story.

stewartbstewartbabout 2 months ago

This was a great beastly story !

AardieAardieabout 2 months ago

Yes, the Senator was the true monster. They should have outed him as a cheater and then for trying to arrest the veteran that saved his kids.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

Beautiful story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

lAnatomistelAnatomisteabout 2 months ago

IMNSHO, this is your best story.

You are ~>showing<~ what's happening, and how people feel, rather than merely telling us.

five-stars for certain.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Lovely romance and a great heartjerker story,

Bh76 you sure know how to write them

Scores 5/5, great story great author

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Didn't care for the Rambo twist in the plot but that doesn't detract from the quality writing so 5 stars .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Predictable but thoroughly enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Definitely a winner..thanks!!

FlamethrowFlamethrowabout 2 months ago

The one thing missing was publicly crucifying the senator.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Really liked this one. Good on ya!

GimpyguyGimpyguyabout 2 months ago

I'm an old fart. In college I worked with guys who had been to whatever they called Jungle Combat School for'Nam. One of the things they ingrained in them, as a survival skill, was to wake up fighting for your life from a deep sleep. Those guys were scared to death to sleep with a partner, fearing that reaction and all the ramifications. You caught that sense bang on.

Ranger001Ranger001about 2 months ago

This one goes into my "favorites" file!

5🌟 🫡

Frankenstein1962Frankenstein1962about 2 months ago

Great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Cheers. Frankie

Omart57Omart57about 2 months ago

Thanks, Bh, for a fantastic story!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 months ago

Very good story, your writing needs a bit of work, don't ask me why because I know nothing about writing. But the story line was good and couple places were a bit emotional. Keep it up. 5 stars.

Davester37Davester37about 2 months ago

This one’s a sweet romance story. I appreciate your calling attention to the ongoing struggles that too many of our veterans suffer. The Rambo action-adventure scene didn’t resonate with me and it seemed over the top. The characters are interesting and likable, but I think they might be better with a bit more depth and development.

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 months ago

I liked it and I will give it 5 but, this is too lovely for the short vignette approach. You are quite talented BH.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

"I didn't think you'd be interested, and I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable." - Why not ask him?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

He tells the agent that all he has to drink is scotch? Seriously? What's the f***ing deal with every story needing to have some form of alcohol written within it? Not everyone drinks. I don't! Besides, he was drinking coffee just that morning. There's always water and I'm sure he had some milk if the kids were eating Cocoa Puffs. Lame! 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Beautiful story, spent large portions of it in tears. Found the character Damon to be resonant with my current life situation. Thank you for giving me hope.

6King6Kingabout 2 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ It's too bad the VA doesn't give a fuck about decent treatment for vets. Never has. What a disgrace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Awesome story.

Technique says you need a really good 'book-style' editor.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Beautiful tale and on point for the song. 5.0*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A very engrossing tale, well told. Five solid stars from me. Really happy about this author challenge. Some fine stories. Only one was a three stars, so far.

JPB NOT BOB

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 months ago
A

Very good story I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for writing so we can enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fine story…4.5. Did feel a little rushed though. I’ve read prettymuch all of your stories and have love many. Was happy to see your screen name pop up. I believe this one needed a bit more damon and mandy character development, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked the story up until the point where Damon decides that he can get the kids back not by involving the police, but by murdering the kidnappers, two of whom were asleep when they were gunned down. Americans probably can't understand how repugnant this behavior appears to those who live in countries that don't have a gun culture.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 months ago

Excellent story, thank you! 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 months ago

Brilliant, maybe the kidnapping was a little naive but overall a beautiful story.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 2 months ago

I loved the romance aspect until you introduced Stewey Griffin into my head.....no no no Cool Whwhwhip please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thank you. This was very good.

RK52RK52about 2 months ago

Excellent story. A fairytale that involved a fairytale that became a fairytale. Very well written and seemed to fulfill the “Wicked Games” criteria but became a very enjoyable “feel good” story. A well deserved five stars.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

Some 'fairytale can become real...

...this one is real within the world of Loving Wives on Literotica.

I loved the tale of his self-redemption from his own fears and insecurities, and hers from a false accusation of infidelity.

I would have liked a bit more 'punishment' of some sort for her ex, especially since he didn't get the money to save his own kids, nor did he want to spend any time with them after just being rescued... typical, over-entitled Senator. LOL.

Again, loved it... that's 5 stars from here.

Nicely done.

linnearlinnearabout 1 month ago

Wonderful story.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbumabout 1 month ago

A true rendition of the story in modern times great work.

ker63469ker63469about 1 month ago

A very good story

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 month ago

Thanks for sharing this story!! I loved it. 5 stars.

olddave51olddave51about 1 month ago

Wow Love the Veteran ! Great story.

Wish the relationship before the birthday meal had more detail .

I had tears while reading.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Loved the story, thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Felt rushed, like you set the scene and then ended it quickly, I suppose it’s a good short story…

Just a question how come you only ever hear about American soldiers having wartime ptsd?

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 month ago

Quick but soooo good !

DeanofMeanDeanofMean28 days ago

dang good stuff

shadrachtshadracht28 days ago

Good, but not amazing. Parts did feel rushed. The senator felt like an unnecessary inclusion. He didn't add anything, and he didn't suffer for his arrogance. It would've been a better story if, for example, Damon had started to have flashbacks/panic attacks when he went to rescue the kids, but pushed through it for them, and that helped lay his PTSD at rest.

.

The reconciliation felt too much like things told to us. I didn't want to keep them apart, because they were great together, but at the same time, it just felt like too much was summarized in the story. 4*

EdDBEdDB18 days ago

Great story; but why do I get the feeling that the senator, who had to pay out big time in a settlement, was somehow responsible for the kidnapping?

sg1010sg10105 days ago

It seems that my limited vocabulary cannot do justice to your "Work of Art" !

If there are words that would give you a higher praise than EXCELLENT you'd have them !

THANK YOU ! * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Good tale, thank you Bh76

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories