Beauty and the Beast

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

"The kids are napping," she said as she sat on my love seat. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah. I suppose we should."

"Damon, I'm not ashamed to be seen with you in public. I love you so much it hurts. I really thought you wouldn't want to go to the party. I'm sorry I screwed it up so badly."

"It tore me up, Mandy. You gave me something I never thought I'd feel again, and then it felt as if you pulled it away. I still hurt."

She knelt before me and put her head on my lap and her hands around my waist.

"Please don't give up on me," she cried. "Please come back to me. To us."

"So, you think I overreacted?" I said with just a hint of the anger I felt.

"No," she said climbing onto my lap. "You've been through hell, and I understand that. I need to do better at communicating with you. In an effort to save your feelings, I messed up and hurt you anyway."

She kissed my scarred cheek and hugged me.

"I don't know what to believe, Mandy. Is your kiss of love a lie hiding the truth of my being used?"

She pulled back as if I struck her.

"Used?" she shrieked.

I nodded.

"You said it yourself. You were alone like me. We were two lost souls from sinking ships who found each other while swimming for shore. I was the neighbor who didn't go out. You didn't have to worry about me cheating. All you had to do was put up with my face for a while, close your eyes in bed, and you got what you needed."

The slap was unexpected. She hit my bad cheek, so it didn't hurt as much as it should have, but it stung, nonetheless.

She sobbed before me, but I couldn't stop myself from continuing my soliloquy of stupidity.

I stood and said, "You're a beautiful puzzle, Mandy. When we met you were still in pieces, but I knew someday you would realize you'd been put back together. Then, you wouldn't need me anymore."

She sat on my couch and looked away.

"Jesus, Mandy. I fell in love with you the first time I saw you, but you don't expect a Van Gogh painting to love you back. I allowed myself to believe you did, and it broke my heart."

"Damn it! You're wrong, you idiot," she shouted. "I love you, and screw you for telling me how I feel."

She rushed off up to my guest bedroom, and I sat on the couch wondering why I was such an idiot.

*****

It took two days to snap out of my fog. They didn't leave and being near her 24/7 made me long for her as I did before the benefit.

I was reading the news on my phone when she walked into the room.

"Damon, I've been asked to do an interview about the kidnapping. Normally, I'd turn it down, but this reporter donates to the Veteran's charity. I've decided to do it."

"Okay."

"They will be at my house in a half hour."

I was confused why it mattered, so I just looked at her.

"You need to be by my side. I need your support."

I stood and she hugged me.

"It's a television interview, Damon, and I want you sitting beside me."

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say.

"Are you going to be there for me, my love?"

"Mandy, I can't."

"You can. You're my hero and I need you."

"I don't want to be a hero."

"I promise we won't mention your involvement, but I want you with me."

"On television?"

I rubbed my cheek, and she touched my hand.

"Yes. You never technically broke up with me, and I want my boyfriend with me."

I stepped back, and she followed.

"No, don't walk away. Don't think about it. Just do it."

"Mandy," I whispered.

"I'm not ashamed to be seen with you. If this doesn't prove that, nothing will."

I hugged her and shocking myself, I agreed.

*****

Six months later, we married. I caught hell for my role in saving the kids, but I wasn't prosecuted.

When Senator Jackass found out I was her boyfriend, he gave up the push for my arrest.

I think it was more that he didn't want to be responsible for a veteran going to jail for saving his kids. That would have been some bad press.

The FBI took public credit for saving them, and I was fine with that.

Mandy and the kids never moved back into their house and little Billy became my best bud.

Shortly after the wedding, Mandy dropped another bombshell on me when she handed me the positive pregnancy test.

Precocious little Ayla demanded we make the baby a sister for her. No matter how hard Mandy tried to explain that the baby was already made, she didn't waver.

Luckily for her, Brittney Ann popped out several months later and made her wish come true.

My publisher loved Mandy's children's book and signed her for four more. They weren't monster sellers until she released her fourth.

The story of a scary recluse saving the princess was a best seller and made Mandy a star among the mom crowd.

I still have occasional nightmares, but I no longer use my gun as a comfort tool. I have three great kids and a wonderful wife to help with that.

I never thought it was possible, but after all I'd been through, I had my happy ever after.