Beauty and the Beast Pt. 01

Story Info
When beauty meets the beast.
7.4k words
4.76
38.7k
85

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/15/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

...Chapter One...

Millennia after the dawn of life, the old gods enlightened the apes. The creation of man heralded celebrations throughout the cosmos. But not all were so pleased. Amidst the celebrations of the old gods, a newer emerged. With the capacity for morality, there was the capacity for evil and a dark god was born. When the first of mankind, crept into the safety of caves to weather the storm of foul creatures... I crawled up from the depths. Slating my eternal thirst on the blood of first man... I taught them a new meaning of fear.

In the centuries to come, man learned to spread themselves thin. Eventually forming tribes. But I... I roamed alone. Crying out in loneliness, the dark god heard my wish. At first, I thought it my curse. A young human man managed to injure me in a scuffle. While injuries weren't unheard of, never before had I been injured during feeding. Fleeing for my life, my prey was left breathing. The following evening, I stumbled across their sun-bleached skeleton... It seemed I had gained the ability to create more... More of... Whatever I was...

Days turned to months, months to years. Finally, a millennium had passed, and I was able to enjoy the fruits of my labours. None of my kin were as strong as I. The more diluted the bloodline, the weaker they became. But, together, we remained strong. Humans bent beneath my might, and I ruled with an iron fist. Taking what I wanted without recourse...

The old gods were watching.

First, they sent a plague. But my immortal body was immune. Then they sent famine, and the humans suffered twice. Finally, they sent a champion. A warrior of light, blessed with strength and speed. They were the instrument of my doom. Leading an army of mortals, the battle was legendary. Legions of my followers lie dead. Legions more had fled. Humans were in an uproar, murdering whatever of my kin they found.

I faced him on the battlefield, alone under a full moon. Our strikes evenly matched, our blows of equal strength. Shield's shattered from blows, our swords bent and warped. Neither of us was able to gain the upper hand. So with so little to lose, I chose my moment... I allowed a strike against myself and used his surprise to sink my fangs into the champion's neck. It surprised me when he twisted around a moment later and bit back. With the strength of the old gods running through his veins, my power was corrupted and the first Lycan was born. With demonic strength above my own and natural weapons, I could not match, I fled for my very life. If not for his own inability to comprehend his changes, I doubt I would have gotten far.

I was hunted for centuries. Chased down like a common bandit. But I was strong. In time I learned to fight back, but it was always a losing battle. That ended with a simple mistake. When the champion consumed silver nitrate in a 'health tonic.' The only living being who knew me was ended. Even today, I do not regret his death. Though I mourn the end of a respected, albeit hated adversary. In time I was forgotten, in time I was free and this time... This time I wouldn't make those same mistakes. My time as a lord was over.

As mankind matured, my own grew stagnant. We were given man names. Demons, incubi, and succubi... In modern times... Vampires. But at my age, I had no use for pawns. There were far more interesting discoveries to be made without the interference of my pathetic kin. The invention of finances lead to the invention of wealth. My investments still stand to this day and I want for nothing. But unsatisfied with my existence, I drifted.

Continent to continent, country to country. I look forward to the space age. As I had seen more than enough of this drab world. Instincts for self-preservation does not a life make...

So on this fine Saturday evening, I found myself in a new town, in a country I hadn't visited in a century. And before me... Was a pub. Pushing through the front door, the bouncer wouldn't remember my face. My skills of enthralment made sure of that. Inside were various people of various ages. I myself looked 'young for my thirties' with speckled black and grey hair. A decade earlier I was told it made me look dignified. The suit I wore to accompany it served to tell others I had money. It was suitable for the time being. Every few decades I perfected the art of capturing the attention of my prey. Every few decades, humanity's tastes changed. Every few decades I had to resort to my baser instincts before I starved.

Unlike my feral prodigy, I preferred my meals willing. Without coercion, fully and completely willing to accompany me back to whatever hotel room I had rented for my stay. In the throes of passion, I would strike. Swift and clean, most never realised what I had done. Those that did never remembered afterwards. We would then part, equally pleased in how our night went, though, for slightly different reasons.

And here, amongst the chattel, I sought my latest prey. Sniffing deeply in the air, I tried not to choke. The stagnant stench of sweat and cigarettes with a slight hint of aged vomit. But there, amongst the rot of mankind, was something sweeter. Now I just had to locate her... Making my way to the bar, I gestured at the top shelf. The bartender, a young man with multicolored hair, just shrugged and grabbed a random bottle. Pouring the amber liquid into a glass, I dropped $100 on the bench and picked up my drink. I couldn't get drunk, of course. But the drink made me look natural and the flash of cash gained the attention of nearby humans. Not to mention, the likelihood of me being left alone by the staff if things get a little... Physical...

Turning around, I surveyed the room, trying to work out which of the creatures before me had such a sweet scent. There was an attractive blonde, but she was with another man. A brunette was eyeing me from the far side, but she had smudged lipstick from her last cigarette. The front doors opened, letting a faint breeze pass through the room...

"Fuck," I spat, turning to see what I was dealing with.

Part of the reason I was in this country, was because of the alliance. Vampires and Lycans had an agreement, a policy of live and let live. On the street, passers-by, even while hunting, were left alone. But establishments individually owned by either side were considered sovereign ground. I hadn't had a chance to deduce all the nuances of the agreements. My own kind disgusted me, and I hadn't found a Lycan worth speaking too. But the angry-looking large man at the door told me I was in the wrong place.

This man was big... Six and a half feet tall. Almost the same wide. Muscles on top of muscles. The diminutive woman hanging from his arm made him look even larger. If not for her double D chest, and hourglass figure I'd swear she was a child. It was also apparent, he could smell me. The large man sniffed noticeably at the air before his eyes started rolling over the crowd. Not wanting a confrontation, I finished my glass and headed for the nearest bathroom. Inside, thankfully it was empty. It also had a window.

Unlike in the seedier parts of the world, this one had no security bars. But... It was on the second story... So with a flick of my wrist, the window flew open and I crawled out into the dark. The drop to ground level was nothing for me and I strode off into the darkness. I'd made it a single block before I caught the scent... Dashing my hopes of a clean getaway. I darted down an alleyway. It wasn't that I feared a confrontation, but if I could find humans, I could diffuse the situation and leave. The Lycan must have had the same idea, because it dropped to the ground before me, cutting me off from my escape.

The average Lycan was about six feet tall, well built and somewhere between brown and black. They had a lengthened muzzle filled with sharp teeth, and claws longer than my own. They stood on their toes like a common dog, using their oddly bushy tail for balance. They were also as comfortable on all fours as they were on two. But this information hardly helped me... Before me, was no mere Lycan... Before me was an alpha... Closer to nine feet tall, it towered over me. It resembled the man from the bar with its muscles on muscles. Its fur was jet black, with silver streaks down its back. And like the champion of old, it was bearing down on me with murder in its eyes.

Fortunately, I was no mere vampire. Rushing forward, I took the initiative and attacked first. Telegraphing a lunge of my claws, the beast moved to intercept. Which was my queue to drive my foot into the side of its knee. And while I heard a solid crunch and the animals whine, it didn't go down. With a snarl, I braced for impact but even braced... It was like being hit by a bus. The wind was driven from my body as I slammed into the nearest wall. I left a small, man-shaped crater in the brickwork. As gravity took hold I collapsed to the ground.

After all these millennia, I feared the old gods' plan had finally come to fruition. The solid impact of the beast's clawed foot snapped my head to one side. Stunned but not out, the beast leapt atop me, snarling at my face. I smiled, thinking of my old nemesis. He may have failed, but this alpha would complete his work. Staring into the eyes of the beast I waited for my oblivion. Only, it sniffed, once... Then twice... Before it let out a small whine. With a twist and a lot of confusion, I found myself holding the diminutive woman from the bar... A very naked diminutive woman, from the bar... I stared into her eyes for the briefest moment... and she kissed me.

...Chapter Two...

I was born, the youngest and only sister of seven brothers. While mother wanted me to knit and cook, my father taught me the art of being a merchant. But my seven brothers taught me to wrestle. Even now, I treasured the memories of my brothers. Many a split lip had come from their teasing, but none dared strike back in anger... I was the baby, the girl, and while I learned to be rough, they learned to protect.

On the eve of my 15th birthday, I was being dressed by my mother. Father had found me a husband. The son of a business rival. I'd never met him, but we'd exchanged letters and I wasn't against this union. He seemed kind enough if a bit boring. Our families would gain wealth and power from our union. That was enough for me. Even if the idea of motherhood scared me.

The sound of an approaching carriage, had my mother wrap me in her arms. This was the final time she'd see me, maybe for many years. We could exchange letters, but until my new husband's father retired, we would be moving across the country. Too far for casual visits. The goodbyes were slow and numerous. My father beamed proudly, mother cried sadly and my brothers remained ashen-faced and serious. I had no doubt they'd cry on their own later. Mother handed me a wrapped package, a few meals for the trip. It, along with my dowry would be my companions for the next two days.

Neither of the two drivers would be keeping me company, we wouldn't even be making a stop. The first few hours may as well have been days. Drab, plain empty fields as far as the eye could see. Between that and rough roads, I was bored and uncomfortable. Hours later, I unwrapped my meal. It was a loaf of fresh bread, some cheese and a gourd filled with wine. Father would have sent me with water, but mother knew I would be nervous for our... Consummation...

As the day rolled on, the fields turned to hills. We passed by towns and small villages. The sound of the carriage rolling on stones told me we'd passed over the great river, father had mentioned lied to the west of our home. But beyond, I was mesmerized by the trees. Now, I'd seen trees, many species, many shapes, young and old alike. But I'd never been in a forest, like in the stories mother told when I was younger. The stories did not do it justice. Everywhere I looked was something new, a twisted tree, a moss-covered boulder. A deer in the distance made me smile. The sheer beauty was mesmerising.

A sudden shriek of terror and the tumbling, disemboweled body of a driver flying past shocked me to my core. I clung in terror to my seat, as a ferocious snarl cut through the air, followed by the scream of a dying horse. The carriage lurched to one side and nearly tipped over as a wheel hit a boulder. The final horse must have broken free as I heard the sound of it galloping away. Looking out the window, I watched as the still living driver fled in terror into the trees. I stared in horror as a great, wolf-like beast followed him.

Grabbing the silver cheese knife from my meal, I opened the far door and fled in the opposite direction. I hurried as much as I could, for this god's awful gown I was stuck wearing. I tried not to disparage against my dear mother, but the corset I was wearing was not helping my situation. But then, neither was my sense of direction. If the monster let me be, I was still lost in a forest far from home... But being lost wasn't really a concern... The sounds of a large beast crashing through the forest told me my worst fears were approaching. Still... My death would be far quicker than starving or running into a band of highwaymen.

As I continued to run unmolested, it occurred to me the beast seemed to be herding me in a particular direction. Almost toying with me. I hoped it was just getting me closer to its lair before it killed me. The alternatives were too horrendous to think about. But reality was stranger than truth. For whatever reason, the beast lead me to a tall cliff. I slipped on the loose leaves and barely caught myself before I fell. Below wasn't life-saving water, but large rocks and yet more trees. Behind me, snarling, was the beast.

Turning to face the creature, I gritted my teeth and stared back defiantly. I still remembered the lesson my oldest brother told me.

"Larger opponents won't expect someone smaller to fight. They use their size to intimate you. If you're intimidated into doing what they want, you've already lost." That was the day I bloodied his lip for the first time. I was so scared he was angry, but he laughed and gave me a gore covered kiss on the cheek instead.

With his words ringing in my ears... I raised the small knife... And charged... I didn't know what to expect. Would the creature kill me before I'd taken three steps? Would it dive out of the way? Or would it stand there in confusion as my knife sunk to the hilt in its chest...

As I stood there, gripping the small blade, the monster's blood seeping through my fingers, I had no idea what to do next. I never even saw the teeth that clamped down on my arm. But I remember the pain. It shook me violently, I felt the bones in my shoulder snap and it flung me through the air. My last thought was to wonder if I'd actually done it real harm.

Waking up hours later, in the dark, was terrifying. I wasn't in any pain strangely enough. But was obviously at the base of the cliff, wedged between a couple of rocks. I reached out to get a decent handhold, and hoisted myself upright, only to scream at the sight of the beast. Only... It was dead? I gave it a poke on the snout to be sure. It certainly seemed dead, so I reached down to see if the knife was still in its chest. But as my hand brushed something hard, my skin lit up like it was on fire. Snatching my hand away I could see a blister forming. Crawling around the beast, I couldn't see anything that could have burned me, but now I could see the knife. Reaching out, my fingers brushed the metal, only for that same burning to shoot up my arm. Now I had a second blister...

I spent many weeks wandering alone in the forest and surrounding countryside until I found a town. From there, I gained attention from a local crime lord. I broke his enforcer's fingers for touching me. By the time the fighting ended, I was the new crime lord. With my newfound power, I used my gifts to create immortal followers from the loyal. Crushing those that were not. By the time I felt stable in my power, I sought out my family. My father seemed to have partnered with the business rival he sent me too. All bar one of my brothers had wives of their own. I found my mother's grave beside a headstone bearing my name. Mother's read, she died of a broken heart. Mine, that I had died by wolf pack. My family had mourned my loss and moved on. So after ensuring my brothers would want for naught, I faded back into the shadows. No good would come of knowledge of my survival.

As the years went by, my diminutive size didn't change, but my body matured regardless. I learned the Lycan that attacked me was a lost soul. One who wasn't 'worthy' of the power, wasn't able to control it. I also learned the strength of being an alpha, to the chagrin of many, many larger men and indeed, Lycans.

Six hundred years later, I'd gone legit. I built a business empire out of the proceeds of bootleg liquor. And passed on my profits back to the community. A community I patrolled regularly, to ensure my fellow Lycans and vampires kept the peace. In the age of the Internet and smartphones, violence was as dangerous to the individual as it is to our species.

Which is what lead me to my favourite pub. I'd taken along Dan, he was big, burly and had a thing for twinks. It stemmed from the days of the eunuchs. But when diplomacy was at stake, it was easier for him to set the example than for my tiny frame to make a scene. Although, all the locals knew not to start trouble. I made myself known.

This evening, I'd been following a strange scent. It was definitely a vampire, but it was almost like something was wrong with it. It didn't smell... Right... Which pissed me off even more, as I followed the trail heading into Big John's. The bouncer knew who I was, of course, I had part ownership of the place. He was human, however, so I couldn't hold him accountable for letting in their filth. Heading inside, I started softly sampling the air. The vampire was definitely here. The scent was strong. It must be some young blooded fool... Even visitors to the city knew to look for the signs. Our agreement was a desirable outcome that not many places employed. Which lead to our own sort of tourism. There were far more members of the dark in this city than many others. Under my care, it was also one of the safest. I set rules and enforced them without mercy if they were broken.

This place advertised as a Lycan bar... And yet, there's a vampire strolling around... It was as good a time as any to send a message. Heading to the bar, I followed the scent as it got stronger. Nodding to the bartender as I passed, I followed it right to the bathroom. Pushing the door open, there was some unfortunate idiot snorting a line of white powder off the sink. With disgust, I grabbed him by the collar and pushed him out the door towards Dan. He'd take care of the junkie, but the scent of the vampire went right out that open window. It seemed he wasn't dumb enough to stick around. But that wouldn't save them now.

Leaping out in a single motion, I fell straight to the ground with a thump. From this height, I didn't even bother trying to roll from impact. Shifting was always a tad uncomfortable, more so for me, because I literally doubled in height. All my bones and muscles had to stretch to fit my new proportions. I'd had to take many days at a time changing and staying in Lycan form when I was young. The change in height was disconcerting. But now, with a clear line of scent, I started my hunt.

The vampire in question hadn't even made it all that far. So I quickly scaled the nearest building, hoping to get the drop on him. But he must have smelled me because he suddenly darted down an alley and picked up speed. Running to catch up, I leaped for the end of the alley, twisting in mid-air. Until with a thump, I landed before him. And honestly... Not what I expected. This reasonably attractive man with peppered hair and a nice suit didn't even look like the dumbass vampires from this city.