Beauty Hurts

Story Info
750 words of joy and pain.
750 words
4.21
1.4k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dextera
Dextera
50 Followers

For as long as I have been aware I have been able to use my looks to gain what I now know to be an unfair advantage. Even in early grades the teachers seemed to pick my for special tasks and I revelled in the attention, the other girls did not appear jealous either as I was always in the in-crowd often I was the one who suggested something and the others would agree and we would play that game. If it was a game I did not like, I would not agree and the group changed their minds. I was so subtle to me that I did not initially realise that it was my long reddish brown hair or flawless skin. I always thought I made friends easily.

As I moved up in school grades I found that the teachers seemed to go easier on me than some of the other girls and boys. I started to notice boys more than as playmates, and conversely, they acted differently around me as well. What started out as hanging out become opening doors and keeping a spot in a line became buying me a drink or even occasionally lunch.

It all changed for me when puberty hit hard and changes not only to my body but to my way of thinking as well. I learned to bat my eyes and the occasional touch on someone's shoulder changed their behaviour towards me.

When I was 15 I had my first formal invitation. A senior boy asked me to his Prom and I was excited to go and said yes. Only my dad said no! and I did not go. I cried for ages and hated my dad for a while, I now know he was right and all is forgiven. All these years made me realise my parents were the only ones immune to my whims.

My first boyfriend I kept a secret from my parents so there was no after school contact.

My last year in school I met my best friend, Rebecca (Becky) and we hung out a lot, my parents loved her and because of that they allowed me more leeway. I have fond memories of us driving places together and singing at the top of or voices, Becky loved to sing and even played some guitar.

I always had some boys trying to get my attention but because there were so many, I never committed to any of them. Becky on the other hand only ever had one boyfriend, Carl, he doted on her and supported her performances every time.

I went to college while Becky stayed home and married Carl, we lost touch briefly but had a great reunion when I graduated and came back home. I had lots of boyfriends and plenty of experience but never found 'the one'. I enjoyed college and found that the lecturers were harder to convince than the school teachers, they actually expected results. Even so, with a few tutors I was able to learn the finance industry quite well. I even enjoyed the math, although I enjoyed the tutors more.

I started work with a local firm in their accounting section and soon started to move up the ladder due to both my skills and personality. OK not just personality, I used my image and flirtations as well. Those bosses and supervisors react quite well. Even some of the ladies were receptive.

Becky, Carl and I caught up fairly frequently at the local bar where Becky occasionally sang, she has a great voice. I usually had a date but was still looking for 'the one'. Due to my personality there were plenty of beers my way and I always had a decent dance card. When Becky sang I did sometimes dance with Carl, he had some serious moves and if he was not already taken I might have sampled him, he was yummy. But there was no dancing with him if Becky was there. She kept him on a tight leash.

It all came to a head, that one day at the Volunteer Valley Saloon & Stage when Becky sang a song she had written. She turned the volume up and started with a guitar solo before launching into the most heart wrenching song I had ever heard. When someone calls you out by name in a song, you listen. I listened and I heard. It hurt me.

My name is Jolene and I never wanted to hurt my friends.

Dextera
Dextera
50 Followers