Becoming a Young Smoker

Story Info
Eighteen year old Jenna Miller is determined to take up smoking.
6.9k words
4.65
14k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Goody two shoes.

Chapter 1: 'The Three Amigos'

The three girls sat chatting quietly at their usual table in the corner of the canteen. All of the girls, aged 18, had recently completed their fifth year at a large Secondary school in a Scottish city and were in the early stages of their final year. The girls were very academic, amongst the brightest pupils in their year.

Jenna Miller was the prettiest. A striking brunette with bright green eyes and a personality to match. An excellent athlete who had achieved running honours at County level. She looked neat in her uniform, skirt just above knee length and black patent t bar shoes. Certainly the chattiest of the group, Jenna held opinions on most things and could probably be identified as the group leader.

The quietest and probably the friendliest of the group was Eilidh (pronounced as alay). Studious and hard working she had a gorgeous smile and remained very loyal to her two friends. Blue eyed with shoulder length blonde hair, Eilidh looked equally neat in her uniform, preferring black trousers and black leather shoes with an elastic strap across the top.

The third of the 'amigos' was Melanie. She was probably the brightest girl in the year group. Appearing 'plain' with her dark eyes and black rimmed glasses, there was nevertheless a 'beauty' about her with her shoulder length dark hair. Slightly surprising was her high heeled 'brogue' type shoes which certainly made her the tallest of the group. Not always a dedicated follower of fashion she certainly made her own statement!

The three girls had been friends for many years having got together early in their primary school years. Although having some different interests they were largely inseparable and were usually found together in school both in and out of class. All three had always been a great credit to their parents winning many prizes in school over the years. No problems had ever been presented with all of the girls retaining great ambitions for the future. One of the school's deputy head teachers was unwittingly about to change the lives of the three amigos.

Chapter 2: Natalie's story.

Natalie Harrison was a vivacious red head who lit up any room very quickly. A bright and witty personality she also had a keen sense of humour. Her father's job had recently changed moving him to a factory in the south of Glasgow. Natalie and other brother Michael were therefore moving schools. At aged 18 though Natalie knew that she had a guilty secret to any new school friends. She was now addicted to cigarettes.

All of her family were smokers. Both parents were heavy smokers and Natalie had once been very resistant to the idea of smoking. Her father worked in cigarette manufacture and therefore could bring many cigarettes into the house. Several years earlier Natalie had caught her brother Michael 'experimenting' with smoking. Calling her 'chicken' he had dared Natalie to try a cigarette herself. Not repulsed by this idea the daring Natalie had tried a few puffs, inadvertently inhaled very quickly and enjoyed the 'buzz' which she had received. Occasional cigarettes with her brother had soon escalated to upwards of six per day. Shortly afterwards her parents had found out and accepting that their children were likely to develop as smokers, allowed them to indulge freely. Natalie could now easily go through a pack per day and had come to rely on her cigarettes. She was not keen on broadcasting this at her new school as she was a bright and academic girl who knew well that admitting and being branded a 'smoker' would more than likely end up in her attracting very much the wrong sort of friends!

The morning of her first day at new school arrived all too soon. Like any pupil she was very nervous about this new start. She sat in her kitchen in her new uniform slipping on her plain black patent ballerinas. Her skirt was a little shorter than her mother would have liked but she was otherwise immaculate with her tie almost buttoned up to her neck! With a little time left she lit up a final cigarette to calm her nerves. 'Inhaling deeply', she knew that this might be the last for some while!

Once in school she reported to the office of Mr Grove, the depute head, who assigned Natalie to a sixth year class. Sussing out quickly that she appeared a bright and articulate girl, Mr Grove had a group of girls in mind that might look after Natalie and ease her settling into the school. He picked up his telephone and sent for Jenna Miller. The girl arrived after a few minutes and was introduced to Natalie. Mr Grove asked Jenna if she would take Natalie to class and befriend her at least over the first few days. Jenna readily agreed and accompanied her to the first History class.

The three amigos always had the problem of having one 'left over' when it came to sitting in class. Sometimes the teacher assigned them specific seats but on other occasions they tended to take turns at sitting together in different classes. In History, Jenna sat alone in front of the other two girls towards the back of the class where teachers often preferred their more cooperative pupils to sit. Naturally the History teacher invited Natalie to occupy the vacant seat beside Jenna. Jenna was initially impressed with Natalie and thought that could perhaps become friends. As Natalie was now sitting very close to Jenna she was more intrigued with the smell which she could detect from her new neighbour. Jenna smelled cigarettes!

Chapter 3: Jenna's story.

As the History lesson developed, Jenna found it increasingly difficult to concentrate on the Second World War topic which was normally one of her favourites. She had surreptitiously looked across at Natalie a few times during the lesson and continued to detect the smell of cigarettes. Although disguised by perfume, Jenna knew the smell well. Her suspicions were confirmed when she glanced down at Natalie's blazer pocket and could just make out the top of a very familiar pack of Royal cigarettes! Jenna was strangely excited about where her discovery could lead! Nobody would ever have thought that keen athlete and model school girl Jenna could for a second be interested in smoking!

Jenna had for some time though maintained a curious fascination about smoking. Her aunt Patricia was a heavy smoker and Jenna liked her aunt very much. She never minded her cigarettes and became very familiar with the smell thinking that her aunt actually looked pretty cool smoking! Jenna had also noticed that her aunt was always more relaxed and good humoured after one of her many cigarettes! As she had grown older it increasingly occurred to Jenna that she might like to try smoking. She just never saw how an opportunity might arise and worried particularly about its possible impact on her running and on her relationship with her two friends. Smoking was generally associated with Chav delinquents and Jenna retained ambitions to do very well in school and elsewhere.

Natalie spent the rest of her first day with the three amigos and continued to bond well with all three. Although desperate for a cigarette, the young addict knew that she had to wait until the time was right! A number of common interests were identified and the four girls chatted away quite happily. Jenna seemed a little distracted but worked hard enough to find out about Natalie without mentioning her suspected smoking habit. Jenna felt sure enough that Natalie would probably tell them soon enough if she felt confident in their friendship.

The growing friendship strengthened over a couple of weeks with Natalie fitting in well with her new friends as three was gradually becoming four. Very occasionally she was able to slip out and indulge in a badly needed smoke. Jenna always appeared closest to Natalie but had in truth an ulterior motive! Finally she thought that her opportunity may have come when Natalie asked her around to her house after school to work on some homework which they had been asked to complete together in their Geography class. Having a drink before undertaking the task Natalie, really gasping for a fag, finally confided in her new friend:

"Jenna I would really like to keep you as a friend as well as Eilidh and Melanie. I have to tell you a secret which you might not like!!

Jenna knew that the moment had come and responded:

"I think that you might be about to tell me that you smoke!"

"How could you have known that" replied Natalie.

"I kinda know some of the signs and thought that you would tell me soon! If you are like my aunt and smoke much then you probably need a cigarette!!"

"You know more than I thought" said Natalie and slowly extracted her cigarettes.

As she smoked in the kitchen Natalie then told Jenna her full story leading to her dependence on cigarettes. Jenna while pretending to be disapproving was fascinated by the way her new friend drew languidly and heavily on the smoke, visibly relaxing. She sparked up a second almost immediately and Jenna quickly realised that her new friend was a 'real deal' smoker like her aunt. Having unburdened herself Natalie was full of good cheer and tackled the homework project enthusiastically. Jenna had to leave soon after as she was competing in her final 800 metres athletics race of the season that evening. Before a small crowd of family and friends Jenna won the race with some ease, happily accepting the plaudits from those around her. Jenna was happy but fairly convinced that things in her life were going to take a different turn!

As the Autumn term progressed, Jenna found herself drawn ever closer to Natalie. The two 18 year olds remained very much part of the group but as they lived quite close together they often stopped off at each other's houses after school or in the morning beforehand. Jenna was now used to Natalie lighting up and smoking heavily but the other two girls appeared to remain in the dark. Natalie to her credit never encouraged Jenna to think about smoking. Increasingly Jenna rather wished that she would!! Remaining close to Natalie and her aunt had convinced the teenager that, whatever the consequences, she was going to try smoking.

Later that same week after a difficult day at school where none of the teachers seemed to be in a good mood, Natalie and Jenna again descended on the former's house for a break and to work on homework tasks. They went up to Natalie's room and she very quickly lit up her customary cigarette. Jenna could contain herself no longer and came right out with it:

"Natalie I would really like to try smoking!"

Her friend was amazed and immediately tried to discourage her new friend.

"Jenna you can't really be serious. Smoking involves a lot of hassle and is very unpopular nowadays. When you need to do it and cant it is unbearable! It is very expensive and what about you, a brilliant, athlete! There is no way you can be doing that and smoking! Forget it Jenna!"

This strong rebuff rather surprised Jenna but, having patiently waited so long she was not to be easily deterred.

"I know all of those things Natalie. But I've really wanted to smoke for a long time now though and I'm desperate to try! This will be my decision and I will never be blaming you. Please help me to be a smoker!!"

Natalie could see that her friend was determined and eventually shrugged and reluctantly threw her box of cigarettes across her bed.

"Go ahead if you are determined Jenna. But prepare yourself for many lifestyle changes!"

Jenna extracted a cigarette from the box of Royals's and examined it closely. This was the first time she had even held one in her hand. She nervously placed the filter between her lips. Without too much hesitation she sparked up her friend's lighter and lit the cigarette as instructed. She drew a little smoke into her mouth and immediately felt the strange sensation. She giggled as this took some effect then she gently blew the smoke out.

"This is king of weird Natalie" she said before repeating the process.

"Just wait till you inhale" said her friend before instructing Jenna on how to do so!

Jenna drew a little smoke into her virgin lungs and coughed a little. After a few seconds she felt the amazing head rush and a tingle right down to her pretty shoes. Speech came only very slowly.

"Whaoaah" was about as much as she could manage for a while as the first effects of smoking took effect. She repeated the inhale then feeling the full effects of the buzz, passed the cigarette to Natalie to finish. Jenna lay on the bed for a few minutes before gradually returning to normal. Natalie thought that she detected a 'glow' on her friend as she recovered her wits.

"Is it always like that when you smoke" asked Jenna.

"The effects are much less after a while but it always gives you a lift" admitted Natalie. As she suspected she was now pretty sure that she had just acquired a long time smoking buddy.

Natalie proved to be spot on about that! Over the next couple of months Jenna became a very good pupil indeed. She had no regrets about starting to smoke despite the risks and constant warnings in school. She was a regular visitor to her friend now and eagerly smoked two or three cigarettes each day after school. She enjoyed the 'buzz' and the headrush each and every time. She also continued to 'collect' Natalie in the morning, giving her the additional chance to sneak a quick smoke before school. Natalie was at first disappointed to see Jenna getting increasingly accomplished and addicted to the same habit but was secretly rather glad to have such a close smoking buddy. They loved 'lighting up' together whenever they could. Jenna was by now carrying her own cigarettes and lighter generously provided by her friend and fellow smoker. Both now increasingly needed to smoke with Jenna loving it more and more each day. Natalie's mother who provided her daughter with her cigarettes wondered if her consumption was rising but soon with the increase in the number of her friend's visits the penny dropped!

When the two girls bustled in the next day, they made to go straight up to Natalie's room as had become their recent custom. Jenna, like her friend, was now experiencing her first real cravings when denied a smoke for any length of time. To Jenna's frustration, Mrs Harrison encouraged them to wait in the kitchen while she gave them a drink. She offered Natalie a cigarette which was quickly accepted then offered the pack to Jenna:

"Would you like a cigarette too dear?"

Jenna hesitated and looked at her friend. Mrs Harrison continued:

"I know that you're probably smoking now Jenna, go ahead and join us!"

"How did you know" said Jenna, finally accepting the proffered cigarette.

"All the signs were there dear" she said as she lit Jenna up. "To be honest when you started coming around I thought it might only be a matter of time. I saw you watching the two of us smoking many times and I saw the desire. You have wanted to smoke for a long time haven't you?"

"I have" said Jenna, inhaling very deeply on her cigarette, as was now her custom, and visibly relaxing. "To be fair to Natalie, she tried to put me off but I was determined. I wanted to be a smoker and now that I am, I sure am beginning to really love it! This is my favourite time of the day! I know that I will have to tell all of my family and friends soon as I know that I want to continue to smoke. In truth whatever the consequences I would like to become a heavy smoker!" As she finished this sentence she again drew very heavily on her cigarette and both Natalie and her mother could see that as she billowed out a large stream of smoke Jenna was now probably 'hooked' on her new habit and meant every word!

Shortly afterwards, while the ladies were enjoying another cigarette, Natalie's brother Michael arrived home. He was immediately mezmorised by the sight of Jenna puffing away and sitting at the end of the table in her pretty chunky T Bar ballerinas and displaying her lovely long legs.

'Another gorgeous smoker' he remarked. Jenna was a little flattered and taken aback by Michael's remarks and his first time reference to her as a 'smoker'. She admitted that this was what she was, knowing of her new addiction and enthusiasm to 'spark up' whenever she could.

Jenna had always been a very honest girl and, thinking about her recent words, continued to let the cat out of the bag. As her increasingly heavy habit took hold, she soon 'came out' to her Aunt Patricia. Initially shocked, her aunt also accepted her decision and allowed Jenna to smoke regularly in her house. Clearly Jenna was becoming even more addicted fast as her consumption quickly grew beyond half a pack a day. She just loved to smoke and her aunt also kindly provided her with additional cigarettes. Jenna had also begun joining Natalie on her lunchtime 'walks' as she now also 'craved' at least a couple of smokes during the day. Early in the New Year Jenna knew that there was no going back. She was now completely dependent and 'hooked' on her cigarettes and was initially scared a bit by this need to constantly smoke. Often she could think of nothing else but the need to smoke another cigarette. She continued to love her fast growing habit. She wanted to smoke freely though and decided that very soon she would be completely 'out of the closet'

For her two friends though discovery would be a little sooner. In March, Natalie and Jenna went out again at lunchtime as was becoming their custom. They found a quiet lane near the school and perched on their usual wall. Desperate now to smoke, the two young hopelessly dependent addicts eagerly lit up, not having enjoyed a cigarette for a few hours. Natalie noticed how keen Jenna was to draw on her cigarette, drawing in smoke quickly and executing several double pumps. She now easily matched her more experienced friend in the quantity of her smoking as she fast approached the level of a pack a day smoker. Jenna loved to draw the smoke into her lungs and the warm feeling that this then brought within her chest. It was clear to her friend that Jenna was now also a dedicated and hopelessly addicted smoker. Jenna did not deny this, clear in her intent to become an even heavier smoker before long. The two girls loved to sit on the wall and dangle their ballerinas as they chain smoked up to three, sometimes four cigarettes. They giggled as they smoked heavily, like chimneys, and a pretty pile of patent shoes was soon beneath them on the grass below. Often the two girls aroused themselves by stroking each other under their brief skirts and they would 'come' with a delighted shriek! Jenna had recently given up her lunchtime athletics club. She had struggled to keep up with the other girls as the impact of her increasingly heavy smoking habit took its toll. She was more breathless easily and her occasional dry smoker's cough became wet with serious effort. She had enjoyed running but enjoyed smoking even more. Her additional free time allowed more opportunity to run around with Natalie smoking all the more heavily, blackening her formerly powerful lungs and enjoying every cigarette. She was actually enjoying the real damage that she was doing to her lungs. This was the life that she had now chosen and she knew that there was no turning back. She was a real smoker now, hopelessly addicted and spiralling out of control.

Despite their heavy involvement in lunchtime clubs, Eilidh and Melanie had begun to notice Jenna and Natalie's lengthy absences at lunchtime. Eilidh feared that Natalie was perhaps 'stealing' their long time friend away from them. Melanie, more astutely told her friend:

"I think that Natalie came to the school with a very bad habit and Jenna has now adopted the same habit. They're both smoking cigarettes and quite a lot I reckon".