Becoming Jon

Story Info
Sex with Sophie next door, a weird plan.
6.4k words
4.69
34.8k
24

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/13/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jasperspen
jasperspen
1,934 Followers

All persons engaged in sexual activity in this story, are over 18 years of age.

Parts of this story are true, and the rest has been embellished to hopefully provide a readable narrative. It is a slow build up story, so if you are looking for quick sex in the second paragraph, that is not my style and you would do better reading something else. Otherwise, enjoy.

*******************************

Part one.

About 5 years ago, I was living in a house, next door to Jon and Sophie, who were in their 30s, the same age range as myself. She was tall and slim and obviously watched her diet, as she had the sort of complexion that looked good no matter if it was early morning or late at night. Jon was an average looking guy, the same as me, neither of us could boast of being athletic, but neither were we overweight. We were both about the same height and we had got on quite well, often chatting over the garden fence about one thing and another. Like me, they didn't have children, so the chat was mostly about the house and garden or events happening in the neighbourhood.

At the time, I was amicably separated from my wife, and she was living in a rented property in the next town. We spoke occasionally on the phone to keep in touch, but that was about it. I didn't know if it was going to be permanent, but for the moment, I was on my own.

Being a practical person, with an engineering background, I could usually turn my hand to plumbing, electrics or mechanical things, and was happy to help Jon who seemed to be less practical. For example, like the time their washing machine flooded and he had no idea what to do. I went round and sorted out his blocked filter and got it all working again.

I helped him service and sharpen his lawnmower, added some electrical sockets in his garage, put together flat-pack wardrobes and furniture with him, and various things like that. To be honest, some weekends or evenings, I was glad go round and help, mainly for the company.

The other reason I liked going round there was that I thought Sophie was very sexy with her long, tanned legs and small but nicely shaped breasts and tight round bottom. Her hair was dark and straight, just reaching her shoulders. Sometimes she didn't bother with a bra and I could clearly make out the slight bumps where her nipples were when she wore one of her tighter tops. A few times she had worn tops with thin shoulder straps that were loose fitting, with small snug fitting shorts and when she bent down, she had given me unintentional views of most of her bare breasts and once or twice a glimpse of her nipples. I admit to deliberately looking at them and the curve of her pert bottom, well who wouldn't, but I was careful to not let her or Jon see me ogling down her top or at her bottom. I never made any advances to her as I knew she adored Jon and I didn't want to lose the friendship, but she was often the subject of my masturbation fantasies.

She usually offered us a beer and a few nibbles or something when we had finished working and she joined us, either in the garden if it was warm, or in their glass roofed conservatory if it was a bit chilly. I got to know them as a couple, and we became relaxed in each other's company. It worked out well, and for the time being I was reasonably content to just let life just flow on.

One day, I sensed that all was not well with them. After helping with a blown fuse that I finally traced to a short circuit in an old socket in the conservatory, that they rarely used, we sat down for a beer as usual. Except this time, Jon and Sophie, didn't seem to be chatting much and seemed preoccupied. I made all the conversation, only getting a few non-committal replies and so I decided I should go, and leave them to sort out whatever was troubling them.

Over the next couple of days, I only caught glimpses of them, but too fleeting to say anything. I wondered if I had somehow upset them without knowing and I did wonder if my glances at Sophie hadn't been quite as surreptitious as I thought. After about a week, I thought I ought to try to clear the air and at least find out what was wrong.

I was wondering how to do this, when 'lady luck' stepped in to help me in the form of a DHL courier who, not getting reply from next door for a parcel he wanted to deliver, asked if I would sign for it and give it to them.

I waited until about 7pm then, parcel in hand, knocked on their door.

The door opened slowly and Sophie stood there, looking paler than normal, but with redness round her eyes that looked as though she had been crying.

"Hi," I said, "this came for you today, but as you weren't in, I signed for it for you."

"Oh, that's kind of you Rob," she said, holding her arms out for the parcel.

"Emm, is everything ok Sophie, only I haven't seen much of you both recently and I sort of wondered if I had upset you in some way?"

"Ohh no, no, it's not that," she said, her eyes starting to tear up.

"Wh..what.., I mean, what's wrong, is there anything I can do to help?"

There was a silent pause where I sensed she was trying to make up her mind, then...

"Look Rob, you had better come in and I will try to explain," she said, turning with the parcel, back into the house.

I shut the door behind me and followed her into the living room.

"Where's Jon?" I asked.

"He's upstairs resting, so we need to be fairly quiet," she said.

"Resting?" I asked, "Jon never stays still normally."

She had moved further into the living room closing the door behind us and was now dabbing her damp eyes with a tissue.

"What is it Soph," I said, "you have me worried now."

Hesitatingly, she started to talk, "I am afraid we have had some bad news, and I wanted to tell you, but Jon said to wait until it was certain."

"Certain?" I repeated like a confused dumb parrot, "what do you mean?"

She was looking into her hand holding the tissue, "Jon has been diagnosed with an ...with an...," she dabbed her eyes, "aggressive brain tumour, that they can't treat." she said, and sobbed quietly into her tissue.

I was shocked into silence. I could hardly believe what she was telling me.

"But, but," I stuttered.

"No, there are no 'buts'," she whispered, "it is terminal."

What are you supposed to say to that news, 'sorry' doesn't cut it and what do you do, I guess some people know, but I didn't.

I did the only thing I could think of, I went over to her and put my arms round her and let her cry on my shoulder.

After a few minutes, she started to get herself together, "I'm sorry to soak your shirt," she said, sniffling.

"It's ok, it's ok," I said, rubbing her back gently, "I didn't expect this sort of terrible news, if there is anything...," then I thought, shit, cliché, cliché, "I mean, I am just next door, you must call me anytime for anything and I will be round, promise me you both won't try to go through all this on your own? I will help in whatever way I can."

"Thank you," she said quietly, "I know we can rely on you, but it is going to be difficult. I'll tell Jon that you know, he wanted to keep it secret so that people wouldn't look at him with pity, so you will have to try to be 'normal' with him if you can."

"Of course," I said, wondering how that was going to be possible in the weeks ahead.

I was aware that I was still holding her. I could feel her firm breasts pressing into my chest and one of my hips touching hers. I am ashamed to say that holding her that close was starting to have an effect on me, even though she had just shared the most damning news with me. I started to despise my body and mind for even going in that direction, and was worried that if we stayed like that much longer, she would be able to feel what was happening and would probably be as disgusted with me as I was myself.

"I had better go and see if he wants something to eat now," she said, very quietly, "thanks for being here Rob, you are a good friend."

"Yes, sure," I said, relieved that I could let her go without seemingly pushing her away.

I moved away and made my way towards the door, "Anything, anytime," I reiterated.

She nodded in reply

"I can let myself out, go see to Jon," I said, and went sadly and pensively back to my own house next door.

***************************************

I'll not dwell on the few weeks when he gradually got worse, having to take more and more pain relief until one day only about six weeks later, in late spring, Jon passed away with Sophie by his bedside.

She was of course devastated, but tried to put on a brave face as we said our final goodbyes to Jon at a well-attended funeral. We had become close friends during those weeks, but only in a completely platonic way, as I knew that the only thing she really wanted was Jon, and that couldn't happen.

Time seemed to move on quite quickly for me, although I am not sure about that from Sophie's point of view. Months went by and I still helped her out with the house and garden, and she had taken to inviting me round for a bite to eat now and then as a sort of reciprocal arrangement. She was a good cook, so I was more than happy to accept each time, and of course, I still found the way she moved, dressed and her figure, very sexy to look at, but I never overstepped the line, despite my continuing fantasies when I was alone.

While we ate, she would always bring Jon into the conversation, saying how much she missed him and having him around. I didn't mind, as I knew he was 'the one' in her life and it seemed to help her coming to terms with her loss by talking about him.

One evening in the early winter of the same year, Sophie had invited me round for a delicious dinner and afterwards we had moved to sit on the sofa, finishing the wine that I had contributed. She was more relaxed than I had seen her for a while, but I don't know how much that was to do with the wine she had drunk.

"We had been together nearly nearly 20 years in total," she said out of the blue, "we were at secondary school together."

I knew she was talking about Jon.

"Wow, that's a long time for someone as young as you," I replied.

"Yes, he was my first and only," she added, with a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Really?"

"It's true, once I was with him, I never wanted anyone else and now I can never hold him again." she said, more quietly.

I didn't like where this was going, as I thought she might be about make herself upset with these thoughts. I was thinking how to change the subject, but she continued.

"I have tried to contact him you know."

"What... emm, what do you mean, 'contact him'?"

"You won't think I am losing the plot if I tell you, will you?"

"Of course not, please go on."

"Well, I saw this advertisement," she started, "about contacting people, you know... who had passed over... to the other side," she hesitated, and took a longer sip of wine. "I wanted so much to just feel his presence, even through another person, that I went along." She looked quickly my way then turned back.

She had confided some things to me over the months, but at this point I thought that it must be the alcohol that was loosening her inhibitions for her to be telling me this. I guess I wasn't quick enough to hide the surprised look on my face.

"You do think I am losing my senses don't you, I can see it in your face." she added.

"Hmm, no, it's not that, yes I am a bit surprised, it's just that I didn't realise how desperate you were, and I should have picked it up. I also don't like to think that someone might be taking your money and giving you false hope." I said gently, putting my hand onto her nearest shoulder as a comforting gesture.

"I suppose it was a bit desperate," she said, resting one of her hands on top of mine that was on her shoulder.

She looked down into her glass, "As well as him just being around to talk to, I miss him holding me, touching me and... well you know," she said, leaving it unfinished, a blush creeping up her neck, "I think this wine has gone to my head, I shouldn't be burdening you with these sort of thoughts," she giggled slightly, but didn't look up.

My cock had started to react to her nearness and the intimate thoughts she was sharing. I could easily have ripped all the clothes off this sexy vulnerable woman and fucked her senseless, but I liked her too much to take advantage of her in the state she was in.

"It's probably time I left," I said, removing my hand from her shoulder, "thank you so much for the great dinner, I really enjoyed it."

"I like cooking for someone," she replied, getting unsteadily to her feet, "and having company is nice."

"I'll see you soon," I said, as I made my way to the door, "and don't worry, whatever you tell me is just between you and me, so feel you can tell me anything."

"Thank you," she said, "you're a good friend."

I left her to put herself to bed and went back to my own house next door.

Over the next couple of days, I thought a lot about what she had said, and I started to think that maybe we could both get some benefit from a plan that was forming in my mind.

********************************************

I was pleased to discover that it seemed her confession to me last week about trying to contact Jon via a 'Medium', hadn't change our relationship, as when she saw me in the garden towards the end of the week, she again invited me for dinner on Saturday evening.

Since my last visit, I had thought through a plan that was exciting to me, but risky to our friendship if she took offence at what I was about to suggest. I knew that I needed her to be relaxed like last time, before I broached my thoughts to her, but I wanted her to be fully aware and in control of her choices.

I went round to her house at about 7pm on Saturday, just dressed casually in light trousers and shirt, the usual bottle of wine in hand, but with the intention of not letting her drink too much.

She opened the door dressed in a tight woollen top, and a knee-length, tartan, kilt-like skirt, with fluffy slippers on her feet. She looked as sexy as ever, her obviously bra-clad breasts nicely outlined by the tight top.

"Hi Rob, come in quickly it's a bit nippy out there tonight isn't it?" she said, standing back to open the door a little wider.

"Yes, winter is definitely on its way I think," I replied, stepping through the door and wiping my feet on the doormat, "maybe I should have put on a coat, but you are just next door so I didn't bother."

"Go straight through to the dining room Rob, you know where it is by now," she laughed.

That was good I thought, she seemed to be in a good mood and not with an underlying sadness that she seemed to carry around with her sometimes.

"Shall I open this first in the kitchen?" I asked, proffering the bottle of good red wine.

"Oh yes, that's a good idea, it looks like the wine I like," she said, glancing at the label.

"I thought you did," I smiled, "at least you did last time," I grinned broader.

"Oh yes, don't remind me, I don't drink much, and I did have a headache in the morning, I am still a bit embarrassed about telling you that stuff," she said, blushing slightly.

"Don't worry, as I said, you can tell me anything you want."

"Thanks Rob," she said, touching my arm with her hand and giving it a couple of quick rubs up and down.

"Something smells nice in here," I commented, as I wielded the corkscrew.

"It's a chicken recipe that Jon used to like, I thought I would see what you think."

I looked at her out of the corner of my eye as she had mentioned Jon already, but I didn't detect any maudlin expression, so maybe she did just want me to try it.

Well she was right, it was a delicious recipe that we both enjoyed, and although she mentioned Jon a few times, the whole conversation over the meal didn't revolve around him.

Just as last time, after we had finished the meal, we took the wine into the living room and both sat on the sofa. She had lit the wood burner fire earlier and it has settled down into a cosy red glow, nicely warming the room. I had made sure I didn't fill her glass too full each time, so although the wine had relaxed her, she was by no means anywhere near 'tipsy'. As she had sat down, her bottom had sunk into the lovely soft cushions and her skirt had ridden a little higher than her knees, exposing some of her sexy thighs, but she didn't adjust it.

We sat quietly for a short while, enjoying the atmosphere in the room, occasionally sipping the wine and each looking at the patterns in the fire, thinking our own thoughts.

"Soph," I said, turning slightly to look at her.

She was smiling into her glass at some remembered thought.

"Oh, sorry, I was miles away," she said after a moment, "I was just thinking...,"

"I could see you were, what were you thinking about?" I asked.

"I don't want to bore you with it."

"No, it's ok, tell me what was making you smile, you don't do that too often these days."

"I didn't realise I was smiling," she said, her face glowing a little and not from the wine. "Well, I was just remembering how I used to enjoy these after dinner moments and...no, you don't want to hear this."

"Yes, I do," I said, "if you want to tell me, it was obviously something pleasant." I replied, trying to get her to open up a little.

"Although I know you well now Rob, and you are a close friend, I think I might be too embarrassed to tell you and worse, you might think it weird me telling you," she said, quietly, still not looking at me.

I felt as though some intimate thoughts were about to be shared, and I wanted her to trust me enough to tell me what she was thinking about, so I was quiet for a moment.

"Whatever it was, that made you smile, I'd like to hear, and I promise I won't think it's weird."

She paused and I thought she was going to let it drop.

"It's just..., "she cleared her throat, "after dinner like now, we would sit here staring at the fire and then I would move to sit on a cushion on the floor, and Jon would massage my shoulders, it used to feel really nice, and then he would...well do other things, but that's probably enough detail. It was that memory that I was smiling at."

She was blushing from her neck up to her cheeks now, and obviously couldn't look at me.

I paused for a moment, unbidden thoughts of Sohie lying on the rug in front of the fire...stop it Rob, I thought'

"That sounds very romantic and intimate Soph," I eventually said.

"It was, but no more," she almost whispered to herself.

"I can imagine how it must have felt. I am touched you can share those thoughts with me, you don't have to be embarrassed."

My heart was beating faster as I went over in my mind, the plan I had thought about during the week and now was the obvious time to see how she would take it.

"Listen Soph, it's my turn now to be a little reticent, but if I suggest something that may help, please don't think I'm being weird."

"Ooookkk," she said, drawing out the word in a sort of questioning manner and at last turning to look at me.

"I was just thinking," I said, looking down now at the carpet, "that if...no, now it sounds stupid, I'd better leave it."

"No, go on, you have me wondering now," she said, "I told you something personal, so it is your turn."

"Ok, Let me start again, you know when you went to see that Medium or Physic or whatever they were because you want to try to contact Jon?"

"Yes, I still feel a little stupid about that."

"It wasn't stupid, and you would have been happy if they had said he was talking to you through them, wouldn't you?

"Well yes, I guess I never expected to actually hear his voice... where is this going Rob?"

"I wondered if, well, I wondered if you might like to think of me as Jon for a while? There I've said it."

There was an ominous silence, and I wondered if she thought I was making some sort of cruel joke and might tell me to leave after such a suggestion.

jasperspen
jasperspen
1,934 Followers
12