Becoming Miss Cooper Ch. 04

Story Info
Mia and Ami play Sailor moon. Ami gets raffled off.
10.5k words
4.61
3.7k
6

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/02/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
88girfriend
88girfriend
203 Followers

Thank you incredimeters and dpga4625 for all you have done to help me edit my stories.

Thank you for reading my stories. If this is the first of my stories you have read, welcome. I would strongly suggest always starting at the beginning of a series as by chapter 2 or 3 I usually stop describing the main characters. I also love to have characters from one or more of my other stores make appearances. Mia Lee and Jason Jackson from Photo Foreplay will appear in this chapter but keep your eyes out for others as well.

"Would you hold still?" Salvatore Adams, an adult bookstore owner, and former youth development and scholarship program, also known as a beauty pageant consultant said to Mia Lee as he applied the last of her eye makeup to her left eye. "Or would you prefer to be a pirate?"

"Sorry, Sal. I am just used to doing my own makeup." He gave her a hoity look, "It's not that I don't trust you, it's just different."

"You want to do it yourself?" Sal asked.

"No, no, no," Mia back peddled and then took a deep breath, "you do such a good job on Ami. I want to look as good as her."

"No problem. You both will look great. I promise. Now hold still." Sal went back to his usual good guy persona and back to work. "You're still a lot easier than an eight-year-old girl I had to put makeup on for a pageant one time." He moved the brush very slowly. "But not by much," he mumbled under his breath.

The two of them went back to talking about this and that. I can't tell you what they were saying as I was not listening. I had my Sailor Mercury costume on. It had held up well and the 15 pounds I had gained over the last month had gone a long way toward filling it out in all the right places. I was thinking about something else and so I didn't hear Sal call my name. I did feel Mia tap me on the head with her Sailor Pluto, Keys of Time staff.

"Ow. What?" I said far grumpier than I meant to.

Mia gave me a look like 'hello', and then spread her arms wide and did a quick pirouette. A neat trick as she was currently standing on a step stool that could not have been more than two feet wide, while she was in boots with a two-inch heel. "How does she look, kid?" Sal helped me out.

"What planet are you on?" Mia asked stepping down.

I looked up at her face. "You look out of this world."

"Oh, I do, do I?" Mia leaned in like she was going to kiss me but Sal called out, "Don't you dare. If you mess up that lipstick I'm not doing it over."

"Might be worth it," Mia leaned in close, "I mean who's really going to notice."

"Mia." Sal scolded.

"Yes, Dad," Mia said sarcastically while starting to move away.

That's when I noticed it. I grabbed her arms stopping her from moving another inch. I was looking up at her. She wasn't on the step stool anymore but I was still looking up at her. "Since when are you taller than me?"

"Since about twenty minutes ago when I put on these boots," said Mia grinning.

"But I'm wearing boots too," I argued.

"Do yours have lifts in them?"

"Oh," I said the light bulb finally coming on above me.

I stood on the step stool and Sal went to work on me. "Your hair looks, good kid," Sal commented as he started applying the cover-up. "It's growing out nice."

"Thank to Diana." Mia looked at me confused.

"I thought her name was Dana?" Mia argued.

"Originally I did, because someone's email" I looked at Sal, "said her name was Dana."

"One little typo," Sal responded.

"But is Diana?" Mia asked and did a few twirls with her staff and nearly dropped it twice.

"Yes," Sal responded and then chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Mia asked.

"You." He chuckled again, "Just be careful with that thing. I don't want anyone getting hurt and don't knock anything over. You break it, you bought it."

"It's not my fault. It's this stupid cheap staff," she complained, "It's unbalanced or something."

I got down off the stool and walked over to Mia. I took the staff from her and judged its weight. It felt right to me. I motioned for Sal to give me some room and he picked up the stool. I took three deep breaths to center myself and then did a routine I learned many years ago at the YMCA that included a few hand rolls, a fake neck roll, an overhand switch, an overhead spin, and finished with an elbow roll or two. "It's fine," I said handing it back, "unlike the crap MCC is sending me."

"That's not fair," Sal and I both looked at her, with an expression that said, why is that, "She's Chinese."

"So are you." Sal and I said in unison

"Oh yeah," she said striking a clueless pose, "I forgot."

I couldn't help it, I had to laugh. It was the first time I laughed all day and boy did it feel good.

"Sorry," Mia said leaning her staff against the wall, "I'm just really nervous."

Mia started to pace back and forth. "Would you sit somewhere please?" Sal finally said, "Why are you so nervous? You've done these before."

"Yes, but..." She trailed off as she looked at the video feed of the small crowd forming outside.

"But what," I asked.

"The last one of these I did, I signed maybe 20 autographs, posed for a dozen photos, and was groped a few times."

Sal cuter her off, "I have the best security on staff. You can rest assured there will be no groping tonight."

"What if they're cute?" Mia asked, "right Ami?"

Receiving no encouragement from me Mia got serious. "I know Sal, and I for one appreciate it but the fact remains there are more than 30 people out there right now and more coming every minute."

I have to admit I was beginning to share Mia's apprehension. What had started as a small Mystical Clothes and Costumes promo event to get ready for comic con next month, had mutated into a charity event for the local food pantry that with a lot of help from the Class Corporation. According to Diana Reed and she's a hairdresser so she should know, it had become a full-blown block party. I even heard rumors there was going to be a band.

I covered my fear with bravado, "Good. The city mission needs the money."

I kissed Sal on the cheek. "Thanks for helping organize this, and for donating some of the door prizes.

Sal smiled that smile of his that always warms my heart. "I still have the t-shirt sales so I should break even." He said joking, I think. "Arthur Class wanted to pay for half of this little event but I said 'no. I will let you call in favors with the local businesses. I will let you invite food trucks. I will take your list of off-duty Class Corporation security guards who might have the night off and want to come and provide their service free of charge. I will even let you use your influence to get me the city permits and let your guys set up inflatables, tents, and a stage but I will not, will not let you pay for this event.'"

"Good for you Sal," Mia cheered sardonically. "I mean you have to draw the line somewhere."

"Hey I got the medical volunteers to set up and run the first aid station all by myself," Sal argued.

"Really?" Mia asked more than a little doubt in her voice.

"Yep, I asked Doc, and twenty minutes later I had a dozen former partners and interns all signed up," Sal explained.

Sal straightened my wig then looked into my eyes, "Hey kid. You, OK?" Sal asked, real concern in his voice.

Mia picked up on his tone right away and dropped the whole clueless act. "What's wrong sweetie?"

"Nothing," I lied.

They looked at each other and then at me and the look from both of them said we are not buying that for a minute.

"The marketing people at MCC are a bunch of greedy corporate "A" holes and if it wasn't for all the good this event is going to do, I would have quit this morning and told them to go screw themselves," I exploded then sat on the stool weeping.

"Wow," Mia said, "You are so hot when you're mad."

"This is no time for jokes," Sal chastised Mia.

"Who was joking," Mia said very matter-of-factly.

"What happened kid?" Sal asked bending down.

"For over a month, they said that I was going to be Lady Shiva at comic con. Then this morning I received an email with a new custom design and a letter that said due to a shift in popular media, whatever the hell that means, they have decided to have me go to comic con as Kari Kamiya."

"Aw, kid." Sal commiserated with me.

"It would help if I knew who that was," Mia admitted.

"She one of the girls from Digimon," I snuffled, "she is supper cool but I have been planning to be Lady Shiva for a month. Do you have any idea how many hours I have spent practicing with my throwing stars?"

I pulled out my phone, "Plus, to add insult to injury, they have taken away that smoking hot costume they were going to have me wear and replaced it with this." I showed them a picture of a simple green schoolgirl uniform.

"Oh, honey, that really sucks," Mia looked down at me, I could hear the but that was coming in her tone, "but we're models. We have to wear what they tell us to wear. I'm sorry about the shiva thing but that's the breaks."

"Mia," Sal remonstrated.

"What? Sorry to be the reality check girl for once but they are the ones with all the money and the clothes. If they told me to wear a catsuit to comic con guess what I would be wearing? So, it's time to put your big girl panties on and do the job. Besides, you still get to go, right?"

"Yeah."

"You still are getting event VIP passes right?" Mia asked.

"Yeah," I said a little louder.

"And we are going to have a ton of fun right? All expenses paid, right?"

"Yeah." I practically yelled it in Sal's ear.

"And we are going to have as much fun tonight, right?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Good, now get that pretty little ass of yours up on that stool so Sal can get your makeup done. We have money to raise."

I followed Mia's orders. I got up stood on the stool and struck a pose. "Mercury Power, make up!"

I want to tell you music played the lights flickered and I suddenly became my favorite sailor moon character. But I can't. Mia laughed. Sal looked at me sideways. One of these days it was going to work. For now, I had to rely on Sal. Within 15 minutes I was Sailor Mercury and I was ready to fight hunger by dousing it with intelligence and justice.

Jason Jackson stuck his head into the back room of Sal's store. "Wow, this little fundraiser is rapidly becoming epic. You ladies almost ready?"

"As ready as we will ever be." Mia put her arm around me and Jason took a picture of us.

"Hold on, there is a big guy waiting by the backdoor," Sal said reaching for a walkie-talky. I looked at the cameras, "He's been standing there for a while. Maybe I will give security a heads up."

"No worries," I said to the group at large, "that's just John."

"So, I finally get to meet your tall dark, and handsome?" Sal said.

"John," asked Mia leaning in to get a better look at my fiancée, "Who's John and why haven't you mentioned him before."

"I have mentioned him a lot," I winced, "but before recently I introduced him as Dad.

"Oh." Mia was silent for a minute, "So he's with you. Is he with you, with you, or W-i-t-h y-o-u?"

"I am happy to report we are together in everything and in every way," I confirmed smiling at the monitor screen.

Mia's face was expressionless. "Wow." Then she grinned, "that's naughty."

"Stepdad, no blood," I said way more defensively than I wanted to.

"Hey sweety, I don't judge," she said to me. "Look at those arms," she whispered to Jason, then she faced me again and hugged herself. "I'd looove (Mia drew out the word) to have those wrapped around me some time."             

"How serious are you two," Jason asked before I had the chance to say something in reply.

By way of an answer, I pulled out my engagement ring. I had put the ring on a chain around my neck while I modeled. It wouldn't fit over or under my gloves and even if it did Sailor Mercury was not engaged so it didn't go with the costume. John had thought of the idea after seeing a couple of women at work do the same.

"Pretty serious," I smirked as they stared at my ring as though it was the Ring of Power from the Lord of the Rings.

"Oh, my stars," Mia pulled the ring close to her face and me along with it. "I would say so," then she shifted it so Jason could see it, "look at that rock."

Sal stepped in and took a quick look at my new ring before making Mia let it go, "Would you mind not strangling the poor girl."

Then Sal asked, "He asked you to marry him, already?"

"When's the happy day?" Mia asked.

"We haven't set a date," I found myself stopping to stare at my engagement ring one last time before kissing it and slipping it back under my shirt, "he just asked me this week."

"Tomorrow, we need to talk about this. I want all the details." Mia insisted. Then she saw the block party masquerading as a fundraiser. "OK, maybe Monday."

"Ami. You look great." John said as we came out the side door.

"Thank you da...dear," I said still getting used to calling him John. "This is Mia, my agent, and her partner Jason, my photographer."

"Oh," John looked like he really didn't know what to say. "Nice to finally meet you. Ami has told me so much about you."

"All good I hope," said Jason.

"So nice to meet you, John," Mia said offering her hand. John took it and kissed it, "Ami just told us the news. We couldn't be happier for you."

"Thanks, Mia." John shook Jason's left hand awkwardly as Jason's right was holding his camera.

Then Sal walked up to John. Sal shook John's hand. Sal didn't let go of John's hand and the two men stood there staring at each other. Sal finally broke the silence, "she's my only daughter and I expect you to treat her right."

John responded, "She's MY only daughter and I intend to."

Neither man moved as though they were sharing a mental conversation. We all watched worried about what was coming next. "Good. Just so we understand each other," said Sal as though they had been talking the entire time.

"Understood," John confirmed.

The two men gave one another a big hug and the tension level in the air dropped noticeably. I didn't understand anything but they seemed happy so I was not about to rock the boat.

Adam's adult boutique was the last store in an "L" shaped strip mall. The parking lot was almost two full city blocks that were currently filled with concessions stands and food trucks. There was a small play area filled with inflatables and bounce houses. A stage had been erected at one end where a local band was playing, 80's and 90's covers. A makeshift farmers market and craft show had gone up in one corner. All of it was organized and everyone looked to be behaving themselves, thanks to Class security guards that were present but not everywhere.

Jason and John led us to our booth near the farmer's market area. I was signing my name and having my picture taken about every five feet. Jason had asked for more supplies once he found out this was going to be more than a simple promo gig and thank goodness he had. MCC had provided a Promo trailer that hosted a dozen flat-panel TVs showing off all their products and a very small stage that quickly converted to a seating area where Mia and I could sit and sign autographs. They also sent a few helpers to help with handing out flyers and operating all the equipment. Sal said so many guys from Class security had volunteered to watch our trailer he had had to pick the team via a small lottery.

We were cheered upon arrival at our station. Mia and I went through a little prearranged skit where we thanked everyone for coming out and told the throng how grateful we were for their support. Clicks and flashes were going off from every direction. On impulse, Mia and I did a few trips up and down the runway and blew dozens of kisses to the crowd before we sat to sign autographs. We signed autographs for an hour, then we took a little break and sign more autographs for another hour.

I tried to give everyone individual attention but I have to admit people started to blur. The tide finally began to ebb as we closed in on the second hour and it was a good thing too as we were running out of things to sign and sharpies to sign them with. I asked John to run and see if the funnel cake truck was still there and kept signing practically anything that people put in front of me. "Who's this for," I asked not looking up.

"Arthur," came a voice I recognized.

I looked up to see Jason Swift.

"Arthur?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's for a friend," he explained as I started to write; to Arthur, "and if you could sign it in Japanese that would be great. He loved that last time."

It took me a minute but finally, something Sal had said rang a bell in my head. "Arthur Class. The costume. You're friends with Arthur Class."

Jason started to rub the back of his neck and smile. "I'm a little bit more than his friend."

Suddenly Jason was pushed out of the way by a younger version of himself. The two men could have been brothers, "Hey dude, you're holding up the line," the new man said.

I looked across the table and for the first time all night, there was no one else there. "I am not." Jason protested.

"I know but I have no patience." He put down a copy of a Sailor Moon manga with Sailor Mercury on the cover and handed me a fresh blue sharpy, "To Travis, if you would."

Travis reminded me of the little brother type everyone finds funny. I signed the book also in Japanese and my eyes bulged. The book was an advance copy dated two months in the future.

"Woe," I grabbed his hand as he tried to pull the book back. "Where did you get this?"

"A mutual friend of ours." Travis jutted his chin at Jason, "has them shipped here the minute they hit the streets in Japan. Sometimes before they hit the streets in Japan."

Jason tussled Travis' hair and I was kind of reminded of Matt and TK from Digimon. "Thank you, Ami." Then Travis turned to Jason, "no offense but she looks way better in that outfit than you do." Jason blushed, "We better keep her away from Arthur." With that cryptic conversation completed, Travis scooped up the book and was gone.

"So, you and that Travis guy?" I asked.

"It's complicated." Jason started to explain but then I saw the time on his apple watch and cut him off,

"Crap, is that the time?"

"Yes," Jason responded after looking at his own watch.

"They're announcing the winners of the raffles soon," I said more to myself than to anyone else, "no wonder it died."

At that moment Jason Jackson conveniently walked by and said, "Can I get a shot of you two?"

"Oh hey," I said as Jason Swift leaned in and Jason Jackson took the picture. "Jason meet, Jason."

The two men shook hands, "You really should take some shots of Jason's charcoal drawings sometime."

Jason Jackson shook his head, "I can but it might get a little confusing."

Jason Swift chucked at the other Jason's joke and then noticeably checked Jason Jackson out.

"They aren't that good." Jason swift said humbly.

"They are too," I assured both of them. Then I turned to Jason Jackson and asked, "can you please tell John I went to the stage."

Jason Jackson nodded yes and Jason Swift asked, "Do you have to go?" obviously wanting to talk more.

"Yeah, I kind of do. You see I'm one of the prizes," I explained then started towards the stage. "See you in class," I yelled over my shoulder.

Jason Swift just stood there as if in a trance. Then his brain must have caught up with his mouth. I heard him say "Wait, what?" then he called after me, "you're one of the prizes?"

I reached the stage right as 80's forever, I think that's what the band was called, finished up their version of "Right Here Waiting for you."

The kid's area was slowly being packed up which made me a little sad as I was kind of hoping to bounce a couple of times later. What made me sad was that the food trucks were almost all gone too and my tummy was starting to grumble. In front of the stage sat probably a hundred people just listening to the music or talking quietly. I was leaning on the railing of the stairs that allowed access to the stage and just watching the crowd when someone tapped me on the shoulder and said, "excuse me."

88girfriend
88girfriend
203 Followers