Becoming Miss Cooper Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry," I said while I turned and came face to face with Sandra Bullock. "Wow. Mr. Class does know everyone," I said, "I loved you in The Blind Side."

She smiled, "Oh, I'm not her dear." She looked me up and down quickly, "and might I say, that costume is amazing, but who are you?"

"I'm Ami."

"Of course, you are dear. My husband has a life-size manikin of you. But who are you really?"

"Ami," I said taking her proffered hand and shaking it.

"This isn't one of those 'Who on First' skits is it? Because while I do love those, I simply don't have the time."

Then I got over my shock and remembered I was dressed as Sailor Mercury. "I'm Ami Cooper. Sal said to be here by," I looked at my glove wrist, "well, I hope now."

"Oh! Sal's friend. Good. Very good. Nice to meet you. I'm Judy Class. Please stay right here, I will need you in a minute." She turned and started for the stage but not before I heard her say under her breath, "I better keep Arthur away from that one."

There was clapping either for Forever '80s or Judy I am not sure which, possibly both. Then I heard Judy say "Thank you, thank you all." Then when the crowd kept clapping, "Oh, you're too kind. I can't thank you all enough for coming out tonight. Did everyone have a good time?"

The crowd was on its feet and cheering. I assume that meant, yes. There were several loud whistles and some people started chanting Class, Class, Class.

"Thank you so much but I didn't do this alone. None of this would have been possible without all of you. Tonight, thanks to you we have raised over ten thousand dollars, for the people city mission."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sal and an older tan man approach the stage from Sal's store. The older man was carrying one of those large novelty checks. Both men were followed by a very attractive Indian woman in a grey business suit. "I told you no donations, Arthur. You have already done enough. You said you wouldn't do this Arthur. You promised."

The older man who I presumed was Arthur stopped at the edge of the stairs and looked at Sal, "I am a man of my word Sal."

"Then what's with the check," Sal asked suspiciously.

"I am merely carrying this for Riya." Arthur handed the check to the attractive woman whose name I now knew was Riya.

Riya looked nervous. I mean really nervous. Like she was about to throw up nervous. She painted on a smile, took the large check, and headed up the stairs. To Arthur, she said, "I hate you two." To the crowd, she called out, "Oh Judy. Is it too late to add to the pile," I heard Riya ask mechanically.

I sat there wondering why she would hate Sal or this Arthur guy. Arthur was older than Sal but he looked pretty dapper. I like dapper.

"Why of course not Mrs. Khan." I heard Judy's voice come over the loudspeakers.

The crowd cheered, obviously in response to Riya's presents and less for her acting abilities.

"Well then," Riya said shaking and speaking as though she were reading from a slow-moving teleprompter, "Khan Transportation Inc. would like to donate one thousand dollars."

Judy took the other side of the check and the two women were photographed from every angle imaginable. At one point Riya was practically hiding behind the check. Riya's skin was pale, then it turned almost green. The crowd settled down and Riya gave Judy an, am I done yet look?

Judy nodded in the affirmative. Her task done and her lunch still in her stomach, Riya walked, then almost ran off the stage. By the time she got to me, she was breathing hard and almost doubled over. I took her hand and asked, "Are you OK?"

Riya had the most beautiful almond eyes both in shape and color. She was on the verge of hyperventilating.

"I'll be fine in a minute." She said smiling an enchanting smile. Her skin was rapidly returning to a lovely shade of chocolate. "I hate public speaking. Judy knows that. I don't know how I let her talk me into that. The things we do for love."

Sal came over with a bottle of water and offered it to Riya. She drank half the bottle in one go, and then between breaths said to Sal, "This was all their idea, I swear."

"I know," Sal grumbled.

She then turned to Arthur and screamed over, a cover of The Power of Love, "Next time you get Carl to do your dirty work."

Riya then went to stand over by Arthur and they watched Judy together. I knew immediately how Judy had talked Riya into facing her greatest fear. The look on Riya's face gave her away. I saw that look on John's face every day. Riya was head over heels in love with Judy.

The song ended and Judy was telling the crowd how many meals their donations would buy and congratulated everyone on being so generous. Then she started to talk about how the town needed to keep this up. I thought Diana was charismatic. She didn't have anything on Judy Class. Sal came up behind me. "I love that guy, but sometimes he makes me so mad."

"What?" I asked a little confused. "Like he said he didn't donate, Khan Transportation did?"

"Ami, Ami, Ami." Sal shook his head, "Khan Transportation is owned by Carl Khan. Carl Khan is arguably Arthur's best friend."

"And Riya is Carl's wife?"

"Yes," Sal confirmed.

"Does he know that his wife is in love with Judy Class?"

"Oh, that's a very long and complex story," Sal said.

I was about to ask him to tell me the story when my attention was drawn back to the stage. "But enough about that," Judy walked away from the podium "now it is time to announce the winners of tonight's raffles."

Judy walked over to a table covered with small jars and prizes. Each jar was filled with little red tickets. Judy would hold up an item, rummage around in the jar then pull out a ticket and read the number. Someone would pop up in the crowd and Judy would hand her ticket and the item to a volunteer who would walk over to a table off-stage. A volunteer helper and the winner would then confirm the ticket numbers were a match. Judy seemed to start announcing things faster and faster. It is possible it was just my imagination. There were quite a few items that had been donated by the local business. There was a set of art supplies I wanted but of course, I was more than a hundred tickets off.

Then she came to the last and largest jar that was filled almost to the brim with tickets. It had no item anywhere near it. She pretended to look around it. Then she looked under it. The crowd started to rumble. Sal handed me a cream-colored envelope and told me to go out on stage. I took a deep breath and walked out towards Judy. Forever '80s apparently knew the opening theme song to Sailor Moon and began to play it. Judy fained surprise and looked in my direction. "There she is. Let's hear it for Ami Mizuno."

The crowd started to clap again and so did Judy. I walked out and did a quick spin and then joined Judy at the table. "That is a very nice envelope you have there, Ami. May I ask what's in it?"

Judy held out the microphone to me. "Looks like a gift certificate for a dinner for two at Roosevelt's."

"Oh, I love the top sirloin there," Judy said and made a yummy sound.

My stomach grumbled for real and Judy laughed.

"This last raffle item is for a dinner with Mystical Clothes and Costumes' very own Miss Ami here at Roosevelt's." I found John standing over by Sal and expected him to be pissed that I had not told him beforehand that I had agreed to do this little charity dinner thing. But he must have known about it as he didn't seem too mad. Besides he was standing there with several tickets of his own in his hand. "You know Ami, for this particular raffle there were so many entries, that we had to get a bigger jar."

I leaned over to talk into the mic, "sorry to put you to so much trouble."

"No, my dear that is quite alright. We were more than happy to have had such a great response."

Someone shouted "I love you, Ami," and someone else let out a loud wolf whistle.

I looked over to see John was getting a little upset so I patted my chest where my ring hung and made the ASL sign for I love you. He seemed to calm down.

"In fact, young lady I want to thank you and MCC for their kind involvement in this event. You alone brought in almost seven hundred dollars. You're pretty popular," Judy said playfully.

It was a good thing I was wearing so much makeup as I turned red underneath. I leaned in and said, "Thank you, I am very glad I was able to do my part to fight hunger."

The crowd started cheering and clapping again.

"Well Ami," Judy smiled at me, "I guess it's about time we pick the winner?"

"I guess so," I said.

More applause.

"Well since you're the one going on the date you should be the one that gets to pick the winner," said Judy, and then she handed me the jar.

The crowd liked that idea too and let us know by clapping. This had not been discussed beforehand so I was taken slightly aback but I rolled with it. I stuck my hand in the jar. I searched around trying to see if there was one ticket tapped to the side or something. If there was, I didn't find it, so I just pulled one out and handed it to Judy. She decided to draw out the suspense and squinted at the ticket. Then she mumbled, "I'm not sure if I can read this. Ami dear, can you?"

I walked over and we put our heads together. Judy smelled wonderful. I was not sure what she was doing. From where I was sitting the crowd was getting a little rowdy. "It looks like 2046510 to me," I said.

"Your eyes are way younger, and prettier than mine, and that's what it looks like to me too," Judy confirmed.

Tickets started to fall to the ground like rain. I didn't envy the cleanup crew. Finally, I saw an arm go up and I heard a voice, a woman's voice let out a huge "Woohoo."

Judy handed me the ticket and I started to walk off the stage towards the claim table. As I walked off Judy thanked the crowd one last time and wished everyone a safe trip home and a great weekend.

The woman who had won was standing at the claim table. The back of her head didn't look familiar but when she turned around to watch me approach, I recognized Staci from Big Mike's. She looked so happy. Like she had just won the lottery and not a measly dinner with me. She ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. She started talking like she had drank three espressos, "OMG I can't believe I won! I mean me of all people, Staci Kline. I get to go out with you! You look incredible by the way. I saw you at your table earlier with that other lady dressed up like Sailor Pluto. You probably didn't see me. You were busy signing autographs. I was a little worried the contest would be rigged. You know, they would want you to be seen going out with some hunky guy, but I won. Me of all people. I'm sorry I have had enough sugar tonight to fill a wheel barrel."

I smiled and said, "I can tell," as I brushed powdered sugar from her lapel.

"I'm just over the moon," she said, then started laughing at her own joke.

I smiled and that seemed to put her at ease. I handed her the dinner gift certificates and said, "Here you are. These are good at Roosevelt's till, whenever. You of course are under no obligation to take me; you can certainly go with your boyfriend or..."

"Oh no, I want to go with you." She said still excited but not as excited. "I mean I know you told me you were with that guy the first night we met but..."

"OK." I cut her off. I grabbed a pen off the prize claim table and a discarded flier for Bob's barber shop. "How does next Friday sound to you?"

"Bad," Staci said shaking her head.

"Next Sunday?"

"Worse." She grimaced, "I normally work those nights. I have Mondays and Tuesdays off. how about Monday."

I wanted to ask, then how did she have tonight off but I figure none of my business. Monday worked for me as John could just go to Bill's for Monday Night Football. "That should work. I won't be able to come as Sailor Mercury though, Roosevelt's is black tie only."

"I know, I interviewed there once," she smiled. "Whatever you want to wear is fine."

I saw John approaching and I started to feel better knowing he was close at hand should I need him for some reason. More backup arrived in the form of Jason and Mia several seconds later. Staci, this is my agent, Mia, and my photographer, Jason."

Mia and Staci gave each other the once over and I think they approved of how sexy the other looked. Jason somewhat oblivious said "let's get a picture of the lucky winner," so I moved next to Staci. She put her arm around me.

"Can Sailor Pluto join us?" Staci asked.

"She sure can," answered Mia getting into the shot.

We all said cheese and Staci literally went skipping off.

Once she was out of earshot, I looked at Mia and said, "what's with pinching my butt."

Mia put her finger on her nose and said, "not me."

I looked for Staci but she was already gone.

Then I felt the arms I knew so well wrap around my shoulders. "She seemed excited," John whispered into my ear before kissing my neck.

"No kidding." John was kissing me, why was I still thinking about Staci? "When we first met her. I thought she wanted you. Apparently, she was after me."

"I can't imagine why," John started to kiss the other side of my neck. "You being perfect and all."

"I hope you're not mad I didn't tell you about this."

"A little," he admitted "Then I saw how much money you raised and how happy Staci was, and that helped mitigate my anger."

"If some hot guy had won you would be more upset?" I asked reaching my hand back to give his crotch a quick slap, "that's sexist."

"I trust you so it doesn't make a difference." His hands moved to my waist. "Besides, I saw how she looked at you." He licked my ear, "I think you would be safer with a hot guy."

"Oh, John you are so good at that," I said enjoying his tongue against my ear. "Someone is going to be very well taken care of when we get home."

"That's good because I have good news and bad news," he said.

I turned to face him, wrapped my arms around his neck, and laid my head on his chest. We started to slowly sway to music only he could hear, "Bad news first," I said.

"The funnel cake truck was closed," John reported.

"Damit." I pulled away and went to sit on the top of a nearby picnic table and began to pout. "I really wanted one too."

"I know," said John as he produced as if by magic a plate with a strawberry and cream-topped funnel cake on it before my very eyes. "I told the guy who it was for and he made one last one just for you."

"You know I love you!" I said, my eyes going wide as I took the plate.

"I know," said John before going back to kissing my neck as I started eating. A minute and two bites passed before Mia asked, "aren't you going to share?"

I meant to say no but since my mouth was full of funnel cake it came out as, "hoe."

"I am not and that will cost you a chunk of funnel cake," Mia said then grabbed for the plate.

I cradled the plate like I was protecting my only child. "Come on that smells wonderful," Mia said, "You know that's all going to go right to your ass?"

"Yes, it does," I maneuvered the plate out of Mia's reach, "and yes it will." I dodged her again, "and that's right where I need it most. I haven't broken 100 lb yet."

Things were about to get ugly when John's voice stopped us both, "ladies."

Our eyes locked on a second plate that he now held with another funnel cake on it. "Jason said you like Bavarian cream," said John handing the plate and a plastic fork to Mia.

Mia pounced. I'm pretty sure she was trying to say I love you too, but it came out as "I off ue oo."

Between bites, I warned, "hands off my man and my funnel cake."

"No promises," said Mia between bites.

The two men watched as we stuffed our faces with fried goodness. John then handed us each a bottle of water. I chugged mine. Mia downed her as fast. The four of us started walking over to Sal's store. As one of the few places in the mall that was still open this late it was doing a brisk business. We knocked on the side door and Sal opened it. We walked in to see a very large pile of cash sitting on the table Sal usually used for packing and shipping items.

"Holy crap Sal. Did you rob a bank or something?" Mia asked.

"Hardy har har," he said putting down what looked like a stack of ten-dollar bills. "This is the cash from the donation stations we set up all over the event tonight."

Mia inched closer to the money. "You need any help counting it, Sal."

Sal shooed her away, "No, I most certainly do not."

"Need anyone to fondle it and maybe roll around in it a couple of times?" Mia asked hopefully.

"Not that either," Sal responded.

"You need some help with clean up, Sal?" I asked.

"Thanks for the offer but we have that covered too. Once I'm done here, I was going to oversee clean up and then go home and sleep till Monday," Sal said. "You kids go have fun."

"OK. If, you're sure." I said feeling a little bad we were leaving him with clean-up duties.

"You want to change?" John asked.

"Too tired," I leaned against the wall and let out a couple of fake snores. "I do need to get this makeup off though. Sal, can I use a couple of wipes?"

"Help yourself, kid," Sal said over his shoulder still counting donations.

My training kicked in and I was makeup free in less than 5 minutes. I was too tired to change so I just grabbed my bag which still held my street clothes. "You're sure we can't help with clean up?"

"Go on," he waived his arms, "get out of here."

"You heard the man," Mia said still in full costume and makeup, "where are we heading next?"

"We," I pointed to John and me, "are headed home. I'm tired, sweaty, and covered in powdered sugar."

"Oh, come on," Mia whined, "it isn't even midnight yet."

"My days started this morning at 0600 so I am done," John said then looked at me, "If you want to go with them that's fine. I could come to get you tomorrow."

Mia's eyes looked so excited I thought about it for a minute, but I had to crush her dreams, I was too worn out, "Sorry Mia." I took John's arm, "I'm going to take Tammy Wynette's advice and stand by my man. Good night."

John started leading me in the direction of his truck.

"OK, I understand." Mia must have turned to Jason at that point and said, "I have heard good things about the Rainbow Room. Maybe we can give it a try."

I didn't hear Jason's response because by then we were turning the corner and headed down the block. When we reached his truck like a perfect gentleman, John opened the door and I got in. He got in and handed me a bottle of green tea from a cooler. "Thank you again."

"I figured that you would need some hydration." John opened the top of the cooler, "I have water too."

"Thanks for thinking ahead," I said snuggling up next to him.

"Why do only some trucks have bench seats?" I asked as I burrowed up even closer to him.

"I don't know. Insurance probably. They wanted to cut down on accidents," he responded.

"Yes, but is it really worth it if it cuts down on the snuggling?" I yawned.

I remember him putting the truck in drive but not a whole lot else. Suddenly I found myself standing on an asteroid. I was Sailor Mercury, the real Sailor Mercury and there was a pair of glowing magenta eyes staring at me from space. On another asteroid stood the other Sailor Guardians, one of which was Sailor Venus. Or at least at first it was Sailor Venus but then she morphed into Staci. A magenta light hit her and all of her clothes disintegrated. The light hit me next and we both stood there in space gazing at each other's naked bodies.

That's when I woke up still leaning on John's shoulder. I had drooled a little on his shirt. "Bad dream?" John asked not taking his eyes off the road.

"Weird one," I said yawning, "you are an amazing pillow."