Becoming Monsters 1: Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Both my parents and Arun's parents immigrated to the United States when we were young," Padmava began, her voice soft in the silent room. "We grew up together, we loved each other, to both of us there was no one else. We married while teenagers and Arun found a job working as an investment banker. We were very blessed and Arun was excellent at his job: he made millions. With two children and a bright future ahead of us, our happiness was endless. Then the Change happened."

Padmava hugged her daughter tightly, sliding her tongue onto the girl's forehead lovingly. "Jaya and I became what you see. Aruna, my son, was young and thought it some kind of curse, a disease that afflicted his family and needed to be cured. Yet Arun only wanted his family happy. Observing the entire world in shambles, Arun saw an opportunity and he took it. He was the first to successfully reach the bottom floor of this dungeon, still is the only geomancer to break past level thirty and was the head of the third largest and most influential guild in the area.

"Arun understood the dangers of the new world, knew he might one day never return. However, his driving motto was that peace never came without strength. He looked at our daughter and me and determined we would only know as much peace as he possessed strength. And he was correct until he died."

"I miss daddy," Jaya said into her mother's arm, a simple statement with no more tears to give.

"So do I." Padmava ran her four arms up and down her daughter's body as if to gain strength from her presence. "Anyway, the point I'm reaching is Arun knew he might die one day. We talked about what I should do after if it came. He did not want me to spend the rest of my life alone. I am a level sixteen Bulwark, so I could delve if I really needed but I cannot leave my children here if I am gone. Our savings dwindled and I honestly did not known what to do. All I possess is Arun's advice that more than anything, he wanted us happy and safe. I feel, with your family, my children would be safe and with you, I will be happy."

"You hardly know me," Honoka said very quietly, almost inaudible.

"A blind woman can see Diane worships you, a woman you hardly know. I heard from Diane about Banda, how you helped her, someone you hardly know. This morning I ran into Eve, who couldn't stop talking about what you did for her, someone you hardly know. And before you arrived in this room, I received a text from Quinn, just a simple little note. She is willing to not just join with you but wants to become a better person for it, a person you hardly know." Keeping hold of her daughter, both of them slid forward and gave Honoka a gentle hug, smiling down at her with her large, scaly mouth. "I only need to look as far as those that love you to see you are someone whom I can love."

Misty eyed, Honoka looked at Jaya. "And what about you? Does a ten-year-old girl want five extra moms nagging her?"

"I'm seven, and more moms just means more bedtime stories and goodnight kisses." Jaya giggled.

They all laughed, and Honoka promised she'd be back soon after talking to Quinn (Honoka tried to stay sensitive about the topic at hand around a little girl). The former architect felt really good while she made her way down the corridors of the complex. It was the long way around, a reasonable stroll. The shorter way was across the courtyard, but AC was godly down in the sweltering dungeon and if she didn't need to step out, Honoka would prefer the winding passageways of the stone buildings. When she passed an intersection, she noticed a bunch of men in brown uniforms carting large boxes atop trolleys heading further in. Curious, Honoka changed course and followed.

It didn't take long, they were all marching down a broad staircase that went under the building. The stairway was double wide and open with a metal railing that journeyed straight down into a brightly lit cavernous room. About three stories deep and roughly the size of a football field, the floor was empty except around a dozen men unloading box after box in one corner. Coordinating it all was Diane, her green wings unmistakable even from a distance.

"Hey, Diane!" Honoka yelled, her voice echoing in the chamber back up to where she was at the top of the stairs.

The succubus put her hand up to pause the conversation with the young delivery man who stood very, very close to her and glanced upward, waving.

"What's all this?!" Honoka asked, smiling a bit because it looked like a few of these hard-working men were about to get lucky today.

"Training equipment, mostly, and a few other things!" Diane replied, running her hand down along the cheek of the guy who was all-but-drooling at this point. "Wasn't expecting the shipment to arrive until tomorrow. Someone must want a big tip!"

Honoka snorted, waving as she went back up the stairs. "Details later, please!"

"I plan on recording it for your Material folder! Speaking of, have you seen my ProGo?!"

"I think it is in the van!" Honoka rolled her eyes, quickly making it back to her set of rooms.

The common area smelled divine, eggs and sausage odors filling the space. In the kitchen, Quinn wore her white robe and finished a southern breakfast of sunny side ups, biscuits and gravy from scratch, grits with butter melting on top and a pitcher of fresh orange juice next to the empty peels and juicer. The amount of food was staggering like she planned on feeding the Brady Bunch.

"Hiya!" Quinn hollered when Honoka came into the room resembling a cartoon, her nose leading the way followed by a blissful smile.

Honoka wasn't much of a cook, and her mother made some Japanese dishes, but her father was a real Southern chef. Every Sunday, the family would eat breakfast before Morning Services and it would look and smell just like this.

"I wasn't sure if'n y'all ate yet, so made plenty for the whole gang." The otter woman washed her hands while Honoka grabbed a plate and piled it high. "Prob'ly gonna need ta go shoppin' soon if this will be regular, though, so let me...ya know, I might've ta talk with y'all about what yer dietary needs are if I'm gonna do much cookin'."

"You're hired, none of us can cook." Honoka already ate her breakfast hours ago. That was fuel, this was enjoyment. Not even moving to the table, digging in directly from the counter, Honoka poked the yokes in her eggs, getting the right amount of runny as she tore into them. The moment those fluffy whites covered in gooey yolk hit her mouth, perfectly seasoned and mixed with the grease of the sausage, Honoka groaned in pure bliss.

"Ya like it?" Quinn asked, as if she couldn't already tell.

"I might not leave any for the other girls," Honoka replied while she stuffed her face with biscuits and gravy.

"Don't worry, there's plenty," Quinn said teasingly while she made herself a more moderate plate and scooched next to Honoka at the counter.

The black Ymirian paused, swallowing her mouthful and licking her lips of some stray gravy. "I'm not human, and I consumed enough breakfast a few hours ago to equal your bodyweight about five times. I honestly don't think I have an upward limit, I could probably eat everything in this town and keep going. But because I eat so much, I forgot how to enjoy a meal. This," Honoka pointed down at her plate and shoved a whole biscuit in her mouth, chewing and swallowing, "is something I genuinely missed. Thank you."

"Aw, that's so sweet!" Quinn said, hugging her fiancé and kissing Honoka's forehead. "An' terrifyin'."

It didn't take long for the two to finish. Rinsing their plates, Honoka texted the other available women in the house that their new cook made breakfast and it was first come first serve. Before anyone replied, Honoka put away her phone and gestured to the Harmony room with a flourish and a bow.

"Would madame care to receive the appreciation of her lady caller?"

"I would be delighted, my fine woman!" Quinn laughed when she came around the counter, dofting her robe and letting it fall to the floor, her babydoll billowing lightly around her. Taking Honoka's proffered hand, the two went inside and closed the door.

12