Becoming Monsters: Tidbits 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

To his other side sat a tall Raven of some kind, who smirked a bit and gave Todd a thumbs-up. His voice was much harsher than his friend's. "You already know our other friend. Tiny's in the office. We were just discussing a few things and you cropped up."

"Good things, I hope. I'm in here waiting for Bradley to get out of the way so that I can get lunch without getting punched again."

"Ah, so that bit of the rumor mill was on the correct grindstone, I see." The Cheshire named Chester was looking out the window to the quad. "We may just actually be able to help each other."

"I do hope you understand that I'm wary of deals just now. Last one I made came with a bit more baggage than I'd hoped."

Corey the Raven croaked out a laugh. "Baggage like the women you've been bagging?"

"Um. Consider that an unanticipated but appreciated side effect?"

"This one I gotta hear, but no. Look, we saw you at the Development League thing yesterday. Plus Tiny says you're cool, so that's a plus in my book."

"I'm slightly occupied by my current team, and my main contribution isn't going to be coming your way due to... um, let's call them Status complications."

"Nah, that's not it. Teammate for points would be nice, someone to hang out and commiserate over Professor Stanley's unreasonably vague assignments would be better. Chester could also use someone to keep Tiny and I from beating him at Spades twice a week as much as you could use a few extra hands dealing with Tall, Dark, and Angry out there. Oh, hey, Tiny! Over here!"

The Gargoyle was walking over from the door, smiling broadly. "Hey, glad to see you! I was worried after I heard about yesterday, you're not exactly gonna be winning any fist fights any time soon."

Todd had to laugh at that one, despite the motion and memory combining to make his face throb. "Okay, you're not wrong. Glad to hear you got a good group together."

"No kidding. Life will go easier with them. Has Corey given you the pitch yet?"

"Yep. And you know what? I think it sounds nice. Count me in."

"Awesome. Maybe some of your luck with the ladies will rub off, eh?"

12