Becoming Pastor's Wife Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sandy chimed in, "Don't do the Daddy thing now Erin. Your father and I have listened to some of his podcasts and it really isn't going to go anywhere. It is foolishness for you to want to go to this conference. The reality is we are in agreement and frankly it might be time for you to end your employment with Alan and this Elevate ridiculousness permanently."

Erin was shocked by the words she heard and stood up, "What do you mean to end my time at Elevate? I'm having a really good time and I believe that Alan is going to do great work. Plus, I'm 18 and can travel if I want to."

Paul looks at his daughter and breaths a heavy sigh, "Erin, the decision is final. You can't go to the conference."

Erin replied as she began to go upstairs to her room, "Yes, I am going to go to the conference. You two need to realize that we might not see eye to eye on everything going forward. I'm going to live my life. Not everyone takes zero risks in their life."

Erin stomped upstairs and shut the door quickly before the tears started to flow down her face.

The reality of being told no by her parents was difficult enough to hear but the tears were from the fact that Erin knew she actually did believe in Alan and was determined to help him fulfill his dream. His dream was also quickly becoming her dream as well and seeing how Alan had blossomed into a new man had inspired Erin to reach for new goals as well.

Erin took out her phone and texted Alan saying 'My parents aren't thrilled but I will join you for the conference. I won't be able to work this week as I need to tidy up my schoolwork before I go. I will drive to your place on travel day.'

Erin sent the text then thought about how the rest of the week would go up until Thursday when it would be time to leave.

Alan was surprised at the wording of Erin's texts and thought of calling but sensed there was some distress in her message. He replied back with a simple affirmation.

As Erin began to wind down for the night and prepare for the short three day week at school before leaving for the weekend without her parent's permission she began to think more about why she was going to take the chance to go with Alan to the conference.

Erin knew it was risky to continue to associate herself with Alan but seeing his passion for the new church and for becoming a seemingly brand new man was too intriguing for Erin to not be inspired to take a chance of her own to join him for the conference.

Erin faded to sleep where once again she had another dream. In it Erin had the strong sense to go down a very rocky and uneven pathway in a dark forest. The obstacles seemed to be too numerous to overcome but something told her to press on.

Pressing on she eventually tripped and fell down in the dream only to have the hand of Alan reach down and hold her hand and pick her up.

In Erin's dream, after taking Alan's hand the pathway became clear and the dark forest turned into a lush and beautiful field filled with wildflowers. Erin looked down at her hand and saw a diamond ring. Alan was also wearing a ring.

Erin jolted out of the dream breathless again.

Staring at the ceiling for a while Erin knew the dreams weren't stopping and they were consistently about Alan.

School was the least of Erin's concerns during the short week. Erin found herself daydreaming at times and just trying to count down the days until Thursday morning when she would join Alan on the trip.

On Thursday morning, Erin awoke much earlier than she might have if she didn't have a plane to catch. Her parents still didn't approve or want her to go on the trip and Erin had been silent about the whole thing in recent days.

Erin took the time to write a lengthy letter to her parents telling them she was going on the trip with Alan. In the letter she stated how she simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the vision of the Elevate Church come more to life.

Erin packed lightly and wore her favorite pair of grey sweatpants, high school volleyball sweatshirt, and comfy easy to remove pink sneakers. Her long brown hair was tied back in a ponytail as comfort on the plane and getting to the resort was her main objective.

Sneaking her carry on bag into her car was easy as Erin had prided herself on being a light traveler. Her clothing choices were simple with jeans and loose fitting tops with cute sneakers dominating the choices. All of it would fit into the overhead bin on the airplane easily.

Paul left early Thursday morning for work and Erin left minutes behind him once Sandy got into the shower. Erin left the note on the kitchen table as she scurried away into her car and exited the driveway in a hurry.

Neither Paul nor Sandy knew where Alan's new apartment was so as Erin drove off she turned off her cell phone entirely.

Tossing the cell phone into her carry on bag, Erin felt free as she was driving over to Alan's. This was certainly a risk but she hoped the letter would allow her parents to at least partially understand why she left to go on the trip. Erin did know deep down there would likely be a lengthy phone call later that day.

Arriving at Alan's apartment, Erin parked her car next to Alan's truck. Alan met Erin at her car and Erin transferred her one carry on sized suitcase into the back of the truck along with Alan's suitcases.

Soon Alan and Erin were off to the airport and the new opportunities that await.