All Comments on 'Becoming Veronica'

by R_U_Romantic

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I'm a Fan

Although the story was good, it was slow starting out. I loved your series with Genevieve and was starting to get into one of your other stories. I do hope you continue them.

pope32767pope32767over 16 years ago

Sorry, I couldn't get past the beginning. A Catholic priest giving Communion to the laity under both species (both the wine and the bread) in the 1920s? Inconceivable. Using grape juice instead of wine? Equally so. There was an explicit exemption in the National Prohibition Act for the sacramental use of wine in Communion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
yummm

I can see you were setting up the history of Veronica with more chapters in mind. I know there were dispensations set up for communal wine during prohibition....but many communities put enough pressure on the local churches to convince some of them to switch to grape juice, so that part is historically feasible. Churches needed community support to survive. I'd love to read more about Veronica.... especially the inevitable encounter with Patrick O'Malley. Perhaps she'd enjoy a little summerwine. A very hot story, indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
outstanding historical romance

This first chapter in this story is carefully crafted, with a slow build up, excellent, plot, and good character development. The love scene, while regrettable too brief, provides a fitting conclusion. Great storytelling by a great writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userR_U_Romantic@R_U_Romantic
To my loyal followers, I’ve had some health issues for the last six months. But I’m feeling much better now and I am again working on my stories. Look for new chapters of Transforming Genevieve, Diary of a High Price Escort, and High Rise Exhibitionist Gen Angel and the lad...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES