All Comments on 'Becoming Who We Are Ch. 07'

by vanmyers86

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The difference between arteries and veins is that arteries carry blood away from the heart, and veins carry blood to it. The pulmonary artery and vein carry deoxygenated blood and oxygenated blood respectively.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
Perfectly written

All of your characters are perfectly written and so real that can feel for them or dislike them intensely. Jeff, for example, is the epitome of every loathsome bully to have stalked a school yard. And the reader can really feel for poor Luke who, what with his mother and Jeff, is really caught between a rock and a hard place. As always, Van, an excellent work.

triplethreat7triplethreat7almost 3 years ago

I hope this gets somewhere sometime soon.

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Another excellent episode

I definitely feel for Luke, although I am happy that he met Shelly - who seems to like him for who he is. The whole situation with Jeff is something I can relate to, as I dealt with a bully for a year in high school. While it was much more verbal than physical, I spent a lot of time in the library hiding from him every day (i.e. before homeroom period and during lunch period). And even though I can understand that Jeff's home life has a lot to do with the kind of person he is, it's a flimsy excuse for treating people the way he does.

I am curious to see whether he will turn the corner to becoming a better person. The guy who bullied me in high school eventually did, and we actually became friends years later. So it's possible. :)

1thaiguy1thaiguyalmost 3 years ago

Excellent looking forward to solutions

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 3 years ago

Still going. Great job.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
uservanmyers86@vanmyers86
"Becoming Who We Are," a non-erotic novel I wrote several years ago, has been posted. A couple of characters in it also appear in the upcoming Year of Yes, along with a few others from other pieces set in my Pennsylvania universe. I'm here because I love to write and read sto...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES