Beginnings: A Voyage of Discovery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We slept late that morning and were surprised to see three families lying on the golden beach of the small island as their kids splashed in the shallows. Lighting a fire we put the Billy onto boil before cutting thick slices of bread to eat with our breakfast of sliced Christmas Ham. It was a quick and easy breakfast sitting under the shaded awning of our tent.

"What's on the agenda for today?"

"I do want to take you over the island because there's so much to see yet I also have a hankering to sail further up the lake because this is as far as my parents have ever come."

"Didn't Aunt Rosemary say we couldn't go beyond the islands?"

"Well yes she did suggest that but there again they are at the Country Club playing golf and dining in the restaurant we'll be back at the campsite well before they get home and of course they can't see the islands from the house."

Zipping up our tent we placed a basket with some lunch and water into the boat's locker and slowly sailed all the way down the channel between the islands. Of course, the big island sheltered us from most of the westerly wind, so it was a very slow reach down the channel giving us the opportunity to view a section of the island even Sharon had not explored before.

It took about forty minutes to arrive at where the channel joined the main lake and going about, we commenced our voyage of discovery. Sailing close to the northern shore where the country was broken up with big dairy and beef cattle properties with large mountainous heavily wooded country.

"Fuck Sharon look at this forest I think it's the same as it was two hundred years ago."

"Yes, it's really grand country isn't. I think I can see a small inlet about a mile away let's put in there so we can explore."

Sharon was right and after half an hour we sailed beneath an incredibly steep headland and finding that there was no wind lowered the sail rowing up to a small gravely beach at its apex. As Sharon had said the country was grand and we found ourselves rowing in silence as we listened to black cockatoos and whip birds calling among the dense foliage.

Without the wind, the inlet was stifling hot and even when we beached our boat and walked up into the dense shade of the cool southern rainforest we could feel the heat. We stopped to look up through the branches of giant dark trees as they pushed towards the unseen blue sky.

"Fuck this is eerie I wonder how many people have trodden where we are?"

"Yes, I agree Sharon it's almost frightening, let's get back to the boat I am not sure I like it in here."

For I think the first time ever Sharon turned with me as we made our way back to the boat deciding not to stop for a drink here but to sail further up the coastline looking for somewhere not quite as scary. Again, we rowed in silence until arriving at the foot of the steep headlands letting out our sail and breathing a sigh of relief as we again heard the friendly bubble of water beneath our bows.

We sailed for another forty minutes until we arrived at lower country broken up into farms and finding an open cove sailed until we found a lovely grassed area that was just perfect for lunch. Sitting on the soft grass we discussed what we had seen agreeing to name the forested inlet Eerie Inlet because it had really unnerved us both.

"I am really glad we did this today Sharon it's been amazing. Your parents are missing something incredibly beautiful ... why even the steep rainforest country is beautiful it's just that I never want to go there again."

"Yes, it was a bit frightening: I agree we will never sail into that cove again. With the wind blowing as it is, I suggest we reach across to the southern shore before turning back for the islands. If this wind continues to blow like this it's going to be a great run back."

So, we packed all our stuff back into the boat locker and set sail on a broad reach across to the distant shore which we imagined was about five or six miles distant. As we thought it was exhilarating with the sail set right out to the port side the water creaming under our bow leaving a long line of foam behind us.

Approaching the southern shore, we tacked and with the wind behind us ran down the lake until we finally saw the big island ahead and with the sun low in the western sky we went about heading into the beach where our tent was pitched. Everything was as we had left it and making our boat safely secured to the remains of an old wharf carried our basket up to the campsite. Due to the stiff westerly, all the tourists had left for home, so Sharon and I stripped our tired clothing off diving into the deep water. It was warm and incredibly refreshing as we trod water between both islands.

Getting tired we made our way ashore and going to our tent dressed in a fresh set of clothes before lighting the fire to boil the Billy prior to preparing a freeze-dried lemon chicken and rice meal. It was incredibly relaxing as we sat talking.

"I think we should get up early and sail down the lake to the Coop. Lets put in at home and grab an esky so we can buy a couple of kilos of prawns. If we have them covered in ice we will be able to eat them in the evening."

Deciding it was a good plan we sat at our tent until the sun was almost down. Entering our bedroom I quickly rolled Sharon onto the mattress kissing her deeply. Laughing she tried to take control but this time I was too strong for her. Laying over her I continued kissing as my hands slid beneath her singlet and fondling her breasts. Once more she tried to take control, but my caressing fingers quickly won the day and I smiled as I heard her moans.

Again, taking the lead I slid my fingers under the waistline of her yellow cotton shorts quickly pulling them off as I cupped her wet pussy hearing her loving gasps. We continued to kiss as my fingers began to control her hot humid pussy. Unlike yesterday I began to kiss and lick my way down until I was lying between her spread legs sliding my tongue across her clit causing her to arch up crying my name.

Hearing her cries gave me confidence so I slid my fingers into her hearing the squelching of her cunny as I slid my fingers in and out. Looking towards her face all I could see was her chest as her head was flung back in the pillows with the volume of her moans steadily increasing.

Her cunt squelched as my fingers pressed in and out, a sound which, by itself, aroused me. As my fingers took her, deeper, harder and faster, so her moans increased in volume and intensity. Then, just as I added a fourth finger she came. Unlike her usual violent orgasm rushing through her Sharon came slowly similar to the steadily increasing vibrations of an earthquake until crying out she slumped back on the mattress. Withdrawing my fingers slick with her juices I snuggled up against her with my head resting just below her breasts.

"My God that was so different I think its more like what your Mum was doing to mine. Sorry but I seem to be too rung out I'll have to add it to my agenda for tomorrow."

Whispering this Sharon pulled me up so that I was lying with my face close to hers. Although she drifted to sleep rather quickly, I was too tense after what I had done for my lover. I lay there in a semi-slumber listening to the splash of gulls over the channel thinking about what we had been doing over the past two days. Although Sharon is the stronger more adventurous of us, we were both adding to our sexual awareness. I thought back to our birthday which was only eight days ago and Aunt Rosemarie's little chat where she revealed Sharon's feelings for me and how she had come out about being lesbian. When I gasped I noticed Sharon's eyes open.

"What's up?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking about how you came out to your Mum and asked her to talk to me about your feelings. Thank God she did otherwise I would have continued stumbling along feeling really horny for you and yet too scared to come out about it."

"Yes, you really are the classic dunderhead but there again you always have been. It's just another reason I am so in love with you."

"I am sorry, but I am not like you. After all, you are strong both physically and mentally while I am shy and reserved. I remember my mother's sister telling me that she thought that sometimes I was frightened of my own shadow. "

"She's right you know ... I am so worried about what people may think that I have never been able to make a decision and as for taking the lead well that's out of the question."

"Shannon Bartlett ... you cannot make a decision: well, explain what you did this evening because if that wasn't taking the lead, I would like to know what it was."

I felt my face become red and hot almost with embarrassment.

"We sure seem to be learning a lot about how lesbians make love."

"Yes, Shannon and you have helped with the learning curve just as much as me. Now how about we get some sleep ... after all we are supposed to be sailing back to talk with my parents before they depart for their golf or whatever."

"Sharon all my life: well at least from year seven I have depended on your strength."

"I know you have, and I will always be there to support and care for you. After all, isn't that what being in a relationship is about? Yes, of course, there's the sex but there has to be more to being in a relationship than sex. Consider, our parents. They have been married for nineteen years and they go to work keep up the house as well as putting up with us. I am sure they still have sex together but it's not the huge thing it was in the beginning."

"Yes, they must have sex after all look at what you saw our mothers doing."

"I think that's different after all they aren't married."

"Anyway, Sharon to me you will always be my husband because life would not be normal otherwise."

Sharon leaned into me and we kissed long and deep before she pulled back and cradling me in her arms, we fell asleep.

We had set the alarm for an early start and grabbing an apple with a bottle of water each we set sail in order to catch her parents before they departed for the day. Although it was only six in the morning there was already a steady nor' westerly blowing giving as a fast broad reach all the way to where her parents had the big launch secured at the jetty below the house.

Approaching the ocean channel with its narrow entrance heading out to sea we hauled in for a moment. There were some long rolling waves coming down from the ocean bar but deciding that as yet the waves were not too steep we let out the sail again and raced across the channel with the water creaming just below our port gunwale. Once we crossed the ocean channel it was plain sailing to the small steel jetty below the house and once it came in sight we breathed a sigh of relief when we noticed the big boat was still there.

Jibing we turned towards the jetty and I heard Sharon's shrill voice.

"Look at Mum standing on the jetty in her classic arms akimbo stance."

"She must be cross about something: what have we done to raise her ire?"

Dropping our sail, we drifted alongside the jetty throwing a rope to Sharon's Mum. We had hardly climbed onto the jetty when she began to angrily quiz us.

"Yesterday evening I was told that you were seen west of the islands. Didn't we say that you were not to go up there?"

"We only decided to circumnavigate the island and obviously to do that we had to go a little west of the island."

"Three miles is not a little."

"We were that far west ... the wind must have been stronger than we thought. Anyway, we have returned for the small esky because we want to buy two kilos of prawns for dinner tonight."

"Hmmm, so you plan to stay on the island a bit longer?"

"Yes, we will come back two days before the end of the holidays. Anyway, it gives you and Dad, a peaceful rest too."

"Okay, but if you plan to buy prawns why not take the medium esky and have it filled with ice. That way you can buy some fresh fish for tomorrow. I'll give you an extra hundred dollars just in case you want to make another raid on the Coop."

"Thanks, Mum you're a brick."

"Well yes okay but you promise to behave okay?"

"Of course, Mum we always behave. You know us."

"That's what worries me."

Aunt Rosemary may strict but she's also a real softie. It wasn't long before we were once again racing with the stiff breeze and our sail out to the starboard hearing the excited chatter of the water under our bows. As we approached the public wharf next to the Coop, we decided to secure the boat and go to the fisherman's café for a late breakfast before collecting our fish and prawns.

It was a beautiful morning sitting under the big awning over the veranda eating eggs and bacon with a big pot of green tea. As we ate, we looked at what the Coop had in the way of fish on their daily specials board deciding to buy a whole snapper as well as the two kilos of king prawns.

An hour later we were placing our heavy ice-filled esky and fish into the yacht before tacking back up the lake towards the islands. It was a wet trip because by now the wind had really strengthened and we found ourselves taking a lot of spray over the bow. Once more approaching the ocean channel we decided to do a long reach with the wind on our port side which would take us down the channel with the big ocean rollers on our stern. Although it was a good two miles before we could turn up the lake, we did it in a very good time with the wind whistling in our rigging. I had not seen this section of the lake, but it was very scenic with a Five-hundred-meter cliff dropping into the deep aquamarine water where terns were diving for whitebait.

Coming about we began to tack back along the northern shoreline of the small island. Again, the wind was too strong for us to do much talking so we sped along in silence taking in the grand sandstone cliffs with the low-lying sandy island on our port. It wasn't long before we turned once more between the two islands and sailing in the sheltered water up to our little beach. Walking up the warm soft sand we noticed that due to the now very windy day there were no tourists on the small island, so we dived naked into the channel for what was really our mornings wake up swim. Although the water was warm, we found the wind made our walk up to the tent quite cool and we were pleased to get dressed in jeans with a long-sleeved blouse.

As it was now approaching lunch we decided to feed on a kilo of the prawns while I asked about the afternoon seeing that due to the wind which was now gusting around forty knots which took sailing out of the question.

"You must see the island because about a hundred years ago it had a thriving community here. When we have sailed down the channel you have seen the remains of the docks where steamers used to come in to collect cargoes of wool and cattle. There were also daily steamers coming up the lake to collect the milk from one of the farms. Although there's one farmhouse still standing, I think there was at least one other property on the island. Let's clean up and pack a few refreshments into a day pack: it's going to be bloody windy but I'm sure we can find some shelter to take some tea."

We walked up the beach to where Sharon said there were the remains of the old township. We passed down what once was the main street with the remains of three shops and what must have been a hotel, but all these were in much decay and too dangerous to explore. We continued to follow what must have been a road to an old shearing shed yards and shearers huts. Sharon explained that she had never come this far inland before so it was all new to her as well.

Walking through the old sheep yards we found that the shearing shed was still in reasonable order, so we entered its cool shade noting the smell of ghostly sheep. In a way it was sad to be in a place that a hundred years ago would have been a place of bleating sheep barking dogs with the hum of machinery as the shearers shore the fleeces off the sheep. Stopping by an old slatted table which collapsed when Sharon leaned on it, we took a couple of photographs before walking once more into the hot windy outdoors.

Walking round to the opposite side of the shearing shed we saw the old sandstone farmhouse. It was a single floor house built from big sandstone blocks with an outhouse which was connected to the main house by a wisteria-covered walkway.

Entering the house, we found it was in quite good repair. The double front door opened onto a black and white tiled entrance which led on down a long narrow hall.

Off to the right and left of the entrance there were two doors: one leading into a room with the remains of shelves and a small fireplace. The opposite door took us into a large room which had French doors leading out to the veranda. It had a very big fireplace and there were still some bits of furniture left behind when the last owners walked off the farm.

Going down the narrow hallway we found bedrooms and at the end what must have been part of the food hall because it led down the wisteria walkway to an old slab building which was the kitchen. To our amazement, the old pump still drew clean cool water up and there were three old copper pans hanging from the low ceiling.

This room was also lit by a big skylight which made it quite warm with a friendly feeling to it.

"We can sit on this bench so let's have our tea here after all this was where the meals were prepared for the people in the house."

We sat drinking warm Billy tea from our flask and eating two cupcakes which we had been given from home. Looking about us, we noticed the big cooking range which still had the remains of the last fire in its firebox. As I was getting a closer look Sharon wrapped her arms around me and kissing my neck.

After all the kissing we had done since our birthday I really loved to be kissed low on my neck ... the feel of Sharon's lips and her tongue tickling the goosebumps that her close presence produced.

Leaning back, I felt her fingers graze across my shirt just below my lower breasts. When she felt me lean into her she turned me round pushing me against the high bench where we had recently sat.

I was taken by surprise because she appeared to be in a hurry as she lifted me onto the bench her mouth seeking my pouting lips I sat there as she began to mash her lips against mine her tongue playing across mine. When I began to moan quietly, she quickly pulled my shirt off taking my tiny boobs in her mouth. Sucking them I felt her tongue flick across my highly aroused nipples which again caused me to moan softly.

I couldn't understand why our lovemaking seemed to be more secret than usual: it was as though we were frightened of being found out by the ghostly owners. Soon Sharon brought me back to now as I sensed her opening the zipper of my jeans her lips suckling my hard nipples. Again she was hasty and soon had my zipper down and the metal button was undone allowing her to ease my jeans and thong down leaving me sitting naked where extravagant meals were once prepared.

"Last night was your turn to introduce new ways to make love so now it's my turn."

Saying this Sharon returned to my lips before sliding her three fingers across my heated sex. Leaning down she began to caress my clit with her tongue as four fingers slid deep inside me causing me to call out as I threw my head back onto the hard-stone benchtop. She continued to play like this until noticing how close I was to orgasm and to my frustration began once more to kiss my lips with her tongue caressing mine as I moaned begging her to give me what I was so in need of.

Sharon only laughed saying it was time for her to introduce the toy she had collected this morning. When she began to fuck me with four fingers, I heard a soft buzzing and before my mind could register, I felt a shooting sensation go from my clit to my legs. It was amazing and totally involuntary my legs flinging wide as Sharon began to fuck me hard her squelching fingers sliding in out of my slick cunt as she placed the small revolving head of a tiny battery-operated Hitachi like instrument. Every time she placed it against my clit I felt another shot of juice hit my cunt.