Beginnings Start Somewhere Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I explained to the other applicant I will be needing more help in the near future and would be back in contact with her because I also liked her."

"I honestly did not know at first about you two having a past relationship until Todd showed me background checks that told of your involvement together. I invited Carol for a final meeting about the job status and booked her a room that night you meet in New Orleans. I also told her where I might be. It is how you accidentally met. I wasn't going to even offer either you the jobs until I saw how well you two interacted that night."

Mike was looking down while listening to Gail and when she was finished looked up and said, "Our problem was not love or being great friends and sex partners, our problem was we both had different paths in life and we both wanted to pursue our dreams. Our break-up was a mutual understanding that sometimes things in life don't mix. It was hard to let go, but we both knew it had to happen for us to be happy and successful."

"I have no problems at all working with a person I still care for." Mike quietly said.

Gail looked at Mike and spoke. "Funny she said the exact same thing about you."

Gail made a phone call and very shortly there was a knock on the door. Gail opened and Carol was standing there in all her radiant beauty with a huge grin on her face.

"I almost died when Gail told me about you. At first, I wanted to back out, but this is a job I would love to have. Then I was hoping you would feel the same because after we met, I realized how much I missed you."

Mike walked over to Gail and Carol and gave each of them a huge hug and motioned for Todd to join them.

"If everyone is in full agreement, we are now all in business together and hopefully a lot more than that."

"Oh, and just to give you fair warning, the second bedroom suite in the reception cabin is now Carol's private room." Gail informed them.

It was an extremely happy unanimous decision and everyone was especially unanimous about the more part.

Mike and Carol went to Mike's house and spent that evening catching up on their careers.

Carol explained how she got the governmental international concierge job she worked hard for.

"I got most of the good assignments because I could speak 4 different languages and of course being pretty and sexy helped immensely." Carol told him.

"I was able to follow your career by staying in touch with your cousin Pamala."

"After a few years of travel, I decided to broaden my horizons and took a job as a concierge with a group out of Washington D.C. Turns out it was basically a very high-class escort service but with clients that had been carefully screened and wanted a companion to travel with."

"That paid so well I was able to amass a small fortune and started looking again for another job closer to home. Travel was getting tiring all the time."

"I found Gail's job opening by pure accident. An associate I worked with in the past sent it to me saying it would put me close to home again."

"I applied, went through a few interviews, traveled with Gail on a few fact-finding tours and some client interviews. Come to find out I knew one of the people we were interviewing and I let Gail know he was very wealthy and a very nice person."

Mike laughed and said, "Yeah, I enjoy their fact-finding tours."

"Gail finally let me know the job was mine but there was just a few more things she needed to check out first. So it seems having us meet each other by a so-called accident was one of them and the other was could we work together."

"She told me background checks revealed we had a past together and wanted to know if would be a problem working with you."

"Apparently we passed both of the final requirements."

"Funny, during the final interview, I told her the exact same thing you told her. Love, friendship and sex was never our issue. We both wanted different career paths."

Mike took hold of Carol in his arms, laid down with her and stroked her hair and said,

"You do understand that we might be required to have sex with others at times, right?"

Carol looked Mike in the eyes and said, "I have learned to enjoy a variety of spices in my life."

Mike laughed and said, "Yep, I have learned so much in the last few years and how good spice can be."

They fell asleep in each other's arms.

Gail and Todd were beaming, yes, the room with Mike and Carol was bugged. They had found the perfect partners to help with Harlow Manor and keep it a success.

And Gail's desire to open a second Manor was looking better and better.

12