Being Jim Ch. 06: Lessons of Life Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course! I mean... no... I don't mind... but... I mean..." I stammered uncertain that we should be in the shower together with a whole house full of other people. Michelle must have realized my concern as she just smiled that coy little predatory smile of hers and stepped into me wrapping her arms around me and tilting her face up into mine. The water from the shower head spraying on the back of my head and neck making water trickle around my face and splash onto hers. She kept her eyes locked on mine until our lips met and then she closed them and melted into my arms as I wrapped her up in my own hungry embrace. The kiss was one of the slow sensual passionate kisses that she seems to have grown to like once I got her to slow down and savor the sensations. Her soft lips massaged my own, delicately drawing and pulling on my lower lip and teasing at my upper lip with the tip of her tongue now and then. After a few moments she broke the kiss and turned her head to press it against my neck as she squeezed me pressing her wet naked body into mine. It just felt so right. I whispered into her ear.

"Maggie really liked watching you and Penny sing and dance. She really is fond of you you know." I said as I kissed her neck and rubbed my hands up and down the skin on her bare back. I hope she doesn't find out you joined me in the shower, she might get jealous." I added facetiously.

"Maggie is the one who sent me to join you." Michelle giggled and pulled back to look me in the eyes again.

"Mags loves you more than you even know Jim. You talked about how special she thinks I am, buddy you don't know the half of it. She would adopt you I think except that then she wouldn't be able to kiss you or... other things. What's more... So does Penny." Michelle told me as if everyone knew this thing. I stood there stunned. I felt as if Michelle was trying to pull a prank... a particularly cruel prank really. Sure I knew that Penny and Maggie both were fond of me and even affectionate... very affectionate at times. But Love? Me? I searched Michelle's eyes looking for some clue that she was pulling my leg. All I saw was admiration, fascination... and affection. She was serious.

I felt Michelle's delicate fingers touching the bottom of my chin and pushing my mouth up to close it as I stood there holding her in the shower with my mind blown completely. I couldn't think of anything to say. Michelle just smiled at me and grabbed a wash cloth and soaped it up and began scrubbing my arms and then my neck she had me turn around and then scrubbed the back of my neck. Turning me around once again she handed me the wash cloth and spread her arms out inviting me to return the favor. I guess my brain began to function again, at least on some level as I took the cloth and in fact scrubbed her arms and shoulders. I absentmindedly, gently scrubbed the sides of her neck and then cupped her face in both of my hands and leaned in to another long soft kiss. Breaking the kiss I just stood there with our foreheads touching one another.

"Michelle... I'd do anything for those two ladies... I owe them so much for what they've taught me. But honestly... It's you that I can't get out of my head. I'd be lost without you Chelle. But to think that the two of them are pushing us together... I... I don't know what to think."

I pulled back to search her eyes again. Michelle was biting her lower lip as the water ran in rivulets down her face, her wavy auburn hair dark with the water running through her waves and curls and dipping down her neck and shoulders. Those entrancing blue green gems with the gold flecks were intently studying the hollow of my throat as her fingers twirled in the hair on my chest, her mind obviously working overtime on the words I had just spoken to her. Then she blinked and those mesmerizing gems turned up to lock on my own eyes. Hers were watering slightly, with emotions so close to the surface I could feel them myself. Those eyes were not sad, but they did hold some reluctance for something.

"I... I love them both..." Michelle whispered as she looked unblinkingly into my eyes. "And... I think... You." She added as her face took on an apprehensive almost fearful expression. I could see worry in her eyes for the first time since long ago in a high school typing class. Michelle had just bared her soul to me... She held her heart out in her hand and offered it to me, standing nose to nose naked in a shower that was gradually getting colder by the second. The water might as well have been ice for all I cared, it didn't even exist. Nothing existed anymore, the universe had just imploded everything was gone there was nothing left in my mind except for those two beautiful eyes staring into mine and the words she had just spoken reverberating over and over in my mind. Michelle had just told me that she thought she loved me. I stared in shock. I stared in wonder. I stared in awe. I saw that Michelle's bottom lip had started to tremble and I realized that with my own mind completely blown to the far reaches of the universe my reaction had left her with a less than affirmative response. She was now on the verge of running away in shame and thinking that she had been rejected, when nothing could have been farther from the truth. But there I was dumbstruck. I couldn't even swallow let alone voice any recognizable words. So I did the only other thing I could think of. I gasped. I smiled the goofiest happiest smile of my life and then I literally picked her up bodily and twirled her around in the shower kissing her lips and cheeks and face and neck and back to her lips. Michelle squealed like a child. I then sat down in the tub, the shower still spraying tepid water onto both of us as Michelle wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. Locking lips we both just let the world wash away and run down the drain. We were in our own universe for the time being.

I couldn't tell you how long we sat there in that tub kissing but at some point the water had gone from tepid to ice cold and Michelle had begun to shiver from the cold water and not from excitement. Both with goofy grins we stood up and turned the water off and got out to dry off. Michelle was shivering almost uncontrollably as I wrapped a towel around her and then wrapped my arms around that to hold her close to me. Forehead to forehead we just stood there and relished the closeness.

"Chelle..." I started, somewhat surprised that I had learned to speak again so soon. "I don't want to take anything away from you. I know you love Maggie and Penny... I know that you might find... other girls... attractive sometimes too... But I do want you to know something. I would share you with them if it meant that I could love you too. I think I've been feeling that way for... well... I don't know how long really. Just having you in my life has made me the happiest guy in the world. I don't know what it would mean to you if I told you I love you... but I do." I nearly gasped as I breathed out the last declaration. My face was a picture of sincerity and I didn't flinch at the look of fearful wonder in Michelle's eyes that slowly turned to unbridled joy. Her lips trembled, this time as much from emotions as the temperature. Those big beautiful eyes teared up and her lips split into the happiest smile, a smile that was suddenly devouring my own lips and face as she bathed me in kisses. Her arms once more wrapped around my head and neck and the towel slipped to the floor between us and she climbed all over me in her excitement.

Eventually there came a knock on the bathroom door and Penny asked if everything was alright in there. Michelle and I broke our embrace and grinned sheepishly at one another and then we began toweling off once more. We assured Penny that all was well and we would be out in a minute. We could hear her giggle as she walked away. Once we were dressed Michelle and I kissed briefly one more time before we opened the door and exited the bathroom. We went to the kitchen. Maggie and Jules were sitting at the table and Penny was just pouring four cups of tea.

I pulled out the chair at the head of the table for Michelle, and then put my hands on her shoulders as I stood behind her chair. Maggie just glanced at me and smiled. Jules gave me one of those classic one eyebrow raised smirks and Penny just hummed one of the songs she and Michelle had sung earlier in the day. I knew I had to leave if I was going to make it to work at Dom's on time. Jules said she was scheduled in later but would see me at work shortly. Penny set the cups of tea in front of the other girls and said she would walk me to the door. I knew that meant she wanted to talk to me in private if only for a moment.

At the landing Penny took my hands in hers and stood facing me. She smiled sweetly before glancing down and breaking eye contact briefly before looking back up into my eyes. Those light blue orbs fixed on mine and she took a deep breath.

"Darling... You have come a long long way in a short time. I almost don't recognize that shy uncertain young man that first came to mow our yard. Oh he's still in there..." She said tilting her head a little to the side. "He's still just as sweet and charming and thoughtful as the day is long. I hope you never lose those qualities young man, they make you... special. Jim... I just wanted to let you know just how proud Maggie and I are of you and are so happy that we've had this opportunity to know you, to work with you... and..." She stopped talking and swallowed. Her eyes were watering and her bottom lip was trembling slightly even as she smiled the warmest smile I have ever seen on her face. "And that we both love you... not a romantic love darling but love none the less. There... I've said it." Penny stood up a little straighter and squeezed both of my hands as she blinked tears away and licked her lips. "Darling, you will always be welcomed in our home and cherished for the man you are. Be gentle with young Michelle, she's still learning her way in this world. She may appear to be confident and full of fire but it's all a front darling... and Jim... She's in love with you. She may have already told you that, but if she hasn't I will and you know it's the truth... because I have spoken." Penny smiled and shook her head self depreciatingly before looking at me and winking.

"Penny, I don't have the words to tell you how much I feel, for you, for Maggie... and for Michelle. Thank you. And if you didn't already know this much... I love you too." I smiled feeling a little choked up myself. Another squeeze of my hands and Penny ushered me out the front door to send me off to work.

It was another typical Saturday night at Dom's that night. Dinner rush was just that, a rush. Seems a lot of people want to order pizza on a Saturday evening, oddly most of them want to order them at the same time, hence the moniker "dinner rush". I was having a great night, mostly because of my high spirits and maybe the fact that I was in love. I don't think anyone could have sand blasted the smile off of my face that night. All the girls in the shop, my fellow employees at Dom's noticed and to a girl each commented on it. Every time I passed Jules coming in or going out on a delivery she just looked at me with that enigmatic smirk of hers... but there was a smile in her eyes. Neither of us had to close that night so after dinner rush was over we were soon clocked out and sent on our way.

I called Michelle after getting cashed out, Jules was getting checked out as I talked on the phone. It was still pretty early for a Saturday evening and I asked Michelle if she would like to go get something to eat somewhere. She readily agreed but asked if it was okay if Sam came along too. I said sure even though my inner voice was screaming NO. I would much rather spend time alone with her but life doesn't always work out the way we want does it? I asked Jules if she would like to join us too and she said sure. An hour later we all pulled up to Ho-Jo's, the restaurant not the hotel, and were seated in a booth. Michelle and I were on one side and Sam and Jules on the other side. After we ordered drinks we all checked the menus but I really wasn't thinking about food... It was the girl to my left that had all my attention. I did end up getting an order of fries but other than a drink that was all I wanted. Well... as far as food goes anyway.

Jules is normally quite a handful to endure when she gets going, picking on me or just teasing and kidding around, most days I can handle it with no problem, but other times she can test my patience. But then, I've never had deal with her in the presence of the likes of Sam. Talk about two peas in a pod! Well, okay not as far as looks go but the two could be twins as far as temperament is concerned. This was only my second time meeting Sam in person, earlier this morning being the first. I learned two things that evening, one, Sam was very protective of her friend and roommate Michelle, to the point of obsession maybe. I had to suspect that there was more than just friendship in her feelings for Michelle even if they weren't reciprocated. And, two, Sam was a hoot! She was a natural entertainer. She could turn just about anything into innuendo or a joke or both. She was brash and in your face very like Jules and it was clear that she preferred the company of other girls to guys but she was not above dabbling with the opposite sex. I had the distinct impression that not only was she making it clear that she had her eye on me to behave and not, heaven forbid, hurt Michelle in any way, but that she was checking me out too. I think Michelle picked up that vibe as well because she slid her right hand into my left on top of the table in a silent declaration of possession. She was staking her claim, on me! My heart swelled and I couldn't help but to smile. It didn't escape the notice of Jules and Sam either, Jules simply looked at me and grinned, Sam on the other hand I think took it as something of a challenge. It always amazed me how convincing girls who liked girls could be when they were flirting with guys. Sam had all the tricks down too, batting eyes, licking lips, giggles and smiles at everything said no matter how inane or silly. Those furtive glances and biting her lower lip could draw in anyone, guy or girl. Did I mention that Sam had a gorgeous smile? That and those big deep chocolate brown eyes were indeed intriguing but it was all a waste on me however because I was lost. I was gone over the edge, hooked and snared. Only one girl could capture my attention and make the rest of the world go away. And she was holding my hand and sitting next to me. I think that Sam finally accepted this after about an hour of sitting there in the booth across the table from Michelle and me. Jules loved every minute of it though, partly because I think she was happy for me and partly because it was getting Sam worked up if a little frustrated. Yeah... Jules had ulterior motives I'm sure.

At one point Jules and Sam got up to go to the restroom leaving Michelle and I alone at the table. Of course we were face to face and lip to lip in a heartbeat. It was like both of us were holding our breath until that instant our lips met and then we could breathe again. For all the want and desire it was still a slow sensual if utterly passionate kiss. God I loved that girl's lips, they could turn me inside out. And those eyes... well, I've already spoken of how lost I become whenever I gazed into their depths. Oh yeah, lost is the word. But it was a happy dilemma if ever there was one. I would gladly lose myself in her Michelle's eyes. And lost I was... I'm not sure how long Jules and Sam had been back at the table before Michelle and I became aware that they were sitting with us once again. We both blushed like the busted lovers that we were and tried to regain our composure. Not that it mattered with those two, it was just more fuel for the fire for them. They were having a ball teasing us and carrying on, soon though it was time to move on. We'd already taken up a table for four for well onto two hours, and it was getting later in the evening. If I were going to drive home to the farm and get any sleep before getting back up to head back tomorrow morning to finish up the painting job I needed to depart very soon. Jules slipped into management mode and became all business... for about five minutes anyway.

"You are coming back in the morning, right Jim?" Jules stated rather than asked.

"Yeah, we need to do whatever touch ups are needed and then uncover everything and put the furniture and stuff back where it was right?" I said.

"Right, there won't be as many people there tomorrow morning though, just us four and maybe Sandy, if she shows up again." Jules confirmed but looked a little distracted as she mentioned Sandy. There's probably a story behind that, for another time perhaps. Michelle was looking at me pouting and rubbing my arms as we stood at the register to pay our bill for the food.

"Wouldn't it be easier if you stayed in town tonight?" She said biting her lip and watching my face intently for my reply. I paused... I was stunned, again today. "You could stay with me tonight..." She nearly whispered and then inhaled with a gasp as if she had surprised even herself by what she had just said. My heart was freaking out, it was skipping beats, speeding up, stopping, and then racing again... My entire universe reduced down to a tiny little vignette with Michelle's face in the center. Those blue green gems were almost watering as she stared into my own eyes, the hopeful expression on her face would have made any man weak in the knees. And yes, my knees went weak. About that time I got a nudge in my ribs from Jules.

"You know it would be a little more convenient for you to spend the night in town tonight." She said with that signature smirk. I looked at Jules, I looked at Michelle... I so wanted to spend the night with her. It was a big step, sure... but my heart was saying yes. I told her I would have to at least call and let my folks know I was alright, just not coming home tonight. Sam rolled her eyes and snorted as if amused.

"Farm boy has to check in with mom and dad?" She guffawed. Even Jules gave her a dirty look for that remark and took her by the elbow and led her away in a bit of a huff. Michelle looked like she was about to burst, all smiles and she was practically vibrating. I paid the ticket for mine and Michelle's food then excused myself to use the payphone near the entrance. I called home to let my mom and dad know I was going to stay in town tonight. Dad took the call, he thanked me for calling and asked where I was staying. I told him hesitantly that it was a friend's apartment... he asked if the friend had pretty eyes... he knew. Dad told me to be careful and that they'd see me Sunday evening. As I hung up the phone and turned to see the girls waiting for me at the entrance, it dawned on me that I wasn't prepared for any, well, I didn't have any condoms with me. I didn't want to presume that Michelle had sex in mind tonight, but it seemed highly likely to come up. I guess I'd just have to play it by ear I thought as I smiled at Michelle and we all headed for the parking lot.

I followed the caravan Michelle and Sam in her car, and Jules car with me in the rear trying to keep up. Ten minutes later we pulled onto a quiet street near campus where a lot of the older homes had been subdivided into apartments for rent to students. Sam and Michelle lived in a well kept fifties era bungalow style single story house with a wraparound porch on three sides of the house. There were three bedrooms but since there were only the two of them living there the third bedroom was used as an office and for study. There was a small, dated kitchen with older appliances including a fridge with the cooling coils on the top like a crown. Wow. The only phone in the house was mounted on the wall by the door leading from the small kitchen to the living room where there was an old but clean couch and arm chair with an ottoman. The coffee table was covered with candles and other girly stuff. I sat on the couch judging the comfort, honestly thinking that I would be sleeping on it that night. I was to be corrected very quickly as Michelle tugged my hand and had me follow her to her bedroom. I followed as if I was in a trance, but then, I was in a trance. I was completely under that girl's spell. I would do anything for her. As we walked down the short hallway from the living room we passed by the shared bathroom. Feeling all the soda I drank earlier I begged off for a moment to relieve the pressure on my bladder. Michelle pointed to the door on the right and said she'd be waiting for me.