Believer Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I continued: "And Council Member Ian McGhillie has given us more than just support. His son, Detective Sergeant Roy McGhillie, is one of us, and I would like to thank Councilman McGhillie as well as all of you family members for your support of us." More applause.

I then shifted to be looking towards Laura as I said "And I am very happy to say that my date for the evening, and your Police Psychologist, is here with us tonight."

Everyone knew what I was really saying, and the room erupted into a huge standing ovation for Laura. She finally stood up to acknowledge it, and as I put my arm around her in a hug, she pressed her head to my shoulder for a moment.

As everyone sat down, I said "And I'm sorry to say that we aren't going to be able to do the Tango for you this year." There was modest laughter.

"Ohhhh, yes you are!" Teresa Croyle shouted out, bringing the house down with laughter and applause.

"I do want to show you some additions to our family." I said. Babies born during the year were shown on the projection screen. "Unfortunately, Officer Buchannan isn't here tonight, as he's tending to his family." A photo showed Officer Buchannan, with his wife in her hospital bed, with him holding their son. Everyone applauded.

"And last but not least, Joanne and Seth Warner are here tonight, and we congratulate them on the birth of their son, Tony." There was applause as a photo of Seth holding Tony, followed by a photo of Joanne holding him and the redoubtable Leo looking at his 'baby brother'. Those were the photos I'd asked Joanne to send me. A sneaky Iron Crowbar, I am.

Because I'd spoken at length, Cindy kept her remarks short. "Well, we did lose one Police vehicle this year." A photo of my destroyed Police SUV was shown. (Author's note: 'Casting Aspersions', Ch. 03-04.) "But thankfully, our Police Psychologist's date for the evening survived to be here with us tonight." There was good applause, but it was obvious that people were getting a little tired of the speeches.

Cindy: "I want to congratulate Detective Theo Washington's cousin Jamaal on another great season... and say Thank God! he will never play against the Bulldogs again!" Laughter and applause for that. Theo gave his movie-star-handsome grin at the ribbing.

Cindy said "My only other duty tonight is to introduce you to our new Orange Order members, Corporal Gunddottar and Detective Parker." Solid applause for them as they stood to be recognized.

Then Teresa stood up. "I just want to say one thing. I know you've heard a lot of political talk, a lot of anger directed at the Police, a lot of hate speech being spewed, egged on by the deeply corrupt Mainstream Media. I am proud of all of you for doing your jobs professionally in spite of all that, and I am proud to serve with you. I want you to know that no matter what is said out there, I believe in you!" Applause.

She picked up her wine glass, and everyone began standing as she said: "I'd like to make a toast, and to tell you that when it comes to my job, your lives matter! BLUE Lives Matter! To you, the TCPD!"

"TO THE TCPD!" echoed the room...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No, Laura and I did not do the Tango, but she was able to put her injured arm around my back and we danced the slow dances, and the photographer was smart enough to take photos of us from my left and Laura's right side, so that her injured arm was not really visible. What was noticeable in those photos was the way my wife and I were looking at each other as we danced together.

As usual, I also went around and spoke to as many Officers and their spouses/dates as I could. While doing this, I noticed that Melina disappeared for a few minutes, then came back into the room. She came up to me and said "The Wildcats blocked a Tigers field goal try and ran it back for a touchdown. It's 21-7, Wildcats, late in the 3rd quarter."

"That's what I like to hear." I replied.

Some minutes later, I saw Teddy Parker go over to the DJ table and get a microphone, then bring Janice Holloway up front. "Ladies and gentlemen," he said, "I want to continue what is becoming a tradition here." He then got on one knee and presented a small, open box as he said "Janice, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Janice squealed, loudly enough to be heard without the microphone. Teddy put the ring on Janice's finger as Cindy and I took photos and video on our iPhones, then they hugged and kissed as everyone applauded.

"She wasn't expecting that until Christmas Day." Julia Rodriguez said a few minutes later, as she, Joanne and Seth Warner came up to us.

"It was great." I said. "Soooo, Mr. and Mrs. Warner, how is Leo taking to Tony?"

"Very well." said Joanne brightly. "We give Leo a lot of love, and he watches Tony all the time. He'll lay down next to Tony and watch over him if we put Tony on the floor in his rocker."

"That's good." I said. "And congratulations... Hospital Administrator Warner." I said as as I shook Seth's hand.

"Thank you, sir." said Seth. "I appreciate the good word you put in for me."

"I have some things to talk to you about regarding that." said Teresa Croyle, to Seth. "But not here and not now." I wondered what that was about.

Moments later, I said to Cindy and Teresa: "Watch this." I brought up the photo of Teddy on his knee putting the ring on Janice's finger... and sent it to Della Harlow with the caption "Love conquers Hate, every time."

"You're bad." said Cindy, shaking her head.

"I love it." said Teresa, her eyes sparkling and with what was for her smile.

"I loved that toast you made after your speech." I said to Teresa. "I had no idea our Operations Commander was such a political activist." Teresa just shrugged.

"It's how I feel about all that." she replied simply.

Cindy said "She needs desk duty. She's finding new ways to get in trouble during Christmas season." That earned her a 'Teresa Cunt' look. I was laughing, which got me in Teresa's doghouse, as well.

"Teresa," I said, "until you start carrying a crowbar, you'll just have to take the Deputy Chief's zingers."

"Oh I still don't need one." Teresa replied. "And payback is like karma."

"Yes!" I said out loud with a fist pump.

"What?" asked Cindy. "Her not needed a crowbar, or payback being like karma?"

"Neither." I said. "The Wildcats won, 28-7. Conference champs, bay-bee!"

"Roll Tide Roll." Cindy replied, predicting the National Championship matchup. I quickly asked Teresa to dance with me before she demonstrated that she didn't need a crowbar...

Part 13 - It Begins

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, December 9th, from the parking lot of the club 'Jasmine'. "The Town & County Police once again insult the Black Community!"

Bettina began: "The Town & County Police conducted their annual Orange Order initiation Friday night. Their usual route for the overnight foot patrol with lanterns goes down MLK Jr. Avenue. But this year the Police did not go down MLK Jr. Avenue, and experts say this was a deliberate insult to the majority-black areas of the Town & County!"

Bettina: "Sources tell Channel Two News that the planned route was changed at the last minute specifically to exclude the predominately black areas. The route taken did not exclude the white areas on the north side. We have with us Dr. Lionel Carmela, head of the Political Science Department at the University." As the camera panned out to show Dr. Carmela standing there, Bettina said "Dr. Carmela, what should the black community think of these actions by the Police?"

Carmela: "It's a deliberate slap in the face, Bettina. For the Police to so blatantly avoid walking down the road named after Civil Rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr., shows their racist attitudes towards blacks. And it's not just an oversight; as you reported, the Police deliberately did this. Who made that route change? Donald Troy?"

Bettina: "Yes, Doctor. Our sources tell us that Commander Donald Troy himself did make that decision to insult blacks by not walking down MLK Jr. Avenue. Thank you, Dr. Carmela." As the camera zoomed in on Bettina again, she said "And that was not the only deliberate and blatant insult to blacks by the TCPD this weekend. Let's go to trusted Civil Rights reporter Lester Holder for more on the scandal at the outdated Policeman's Ball. Lester!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said Lester 'Penis' Holder as he was shown standing on the top of the building at Riverside and College, with the Civic Center in the background. "Sources tell Channel Two News that Lieutenant Commander Teresa Croyle, who beat up Dean Allen at a DUI checkpoint during the Christmas season several years ago, made a toast with the racist comment 'Blue Lives Matter'."

"As you know, Bettina," said Holder, "the slogan 'black lives matter' is a cry of protest against white and Police abuses of blacks over America's long, racist history. Comments like 'all lives matter' in response to 'black lives matter' are considered racist and deeply offensive by the black community. For Commander Croyle to have toasted the TCPD with that hateful, racist comment 'blue lives matter', and not be called out for it, shows the racist and abusive attitude of Police towards blacks! We have comments from several respected civil rights leaders. Roll tape."

Tape rolled. "We demand Commander Croyle apologize for her racist hate speech!" demanded Edgar Silas.

"We call upon the TCPD to fire Commander Croyle and Donald Troy for this blatant racism!" yelled Stacey Jacobs.

"As your next Mayor, I can assure you that this Police racism will not be tolerated!" yelled Eldrick X. Weaver, who essentially had just told us he was running for Mayor against Daniel Allgood again.

Back to Bettina live: "Thank you for that important report, Lester! Commander Croyle could not be reached for comment, and as usual, Commander Donald Troy has not responded to KXTC's repeated requests for comment..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hoo boy." muttered Chief Moynahan as we drank coffee and watched in the Chief's Conference Room.

"Who the hell is the leak?" muttered Sheriff Griswold. "It has to be someone in the Police Department. Who the hell is it?!"

"On Teresa's toast, I don't know." I said. "But I'm about to stop that Orange Order walk business in the bud. Commander Ross, please have Captain Thompson announce that I'll be giving a Press Conference at 9:00am."

"Whoaaaaa." said Chief Moynahan. "What are you planning to say and doooo, Commander Troy?"

"I'm going to expose KXTC's set-up Friday night, Chief." I replied. "I'm going to show everyone exactly why we changed the route, and what KXTC's plans were, working hand-in-glove with the professional, paid-for, so-called 'anarchists' that were going to attack us Friday night."

"I don't think that's a good ideaaaaa." said the Chief. "We already have a huge fire with the 'Blue Lives Matter' comment, and anything you say or do will just throw more gasoline on the fire."

I turned in my chair to face the Chief. "Chief," I said, "we have got to respond to KXTC's maliciously false reporting. And in doing so, it'll take away the Policeman's Ball story."

"We neeeeed to think about this." said the Chief.

"No we don't." growled Sheriff Griswold. "I understand what you're doing Crowbar. Ross, set up the Press Conference..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Wowwwww." Cindy said as we gathered for the Angels Meeting. "The Sheriff shot down the Chief... and right in front of us."

"And rightly so." Tanya Perlman said.

"No." I said. "In the Army, the Battalion Commander would support the Company Commander publicly in the presence of subordinate Officers and Enlisted personnel, and then take things private... where a serious asschewing would commence. For Sheriff Griswold to do the opposite, and take my side over my superior Officer's in front of all of you? That is... huuuuuge."

"So are you going through with the Presser?" Cindy asked. "I told Captain Thompson to call it, and he's put out the word."

"Unless I'm directly ordered not to, it's gonna happen." I replied.

The KFXU report did not mention either controversy, concentrating instead on Seth Warner's appointment to the Hospital Administrator's post, and the uproar from some of the professors on Campus over it...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 9:00am, Captain Damien Thompson took to the podium in the crowded Press Room and said "Ladies and gentlemen, once again we expect courtesy from you during Commander Troy's remarks. He may or may not take questions after his prepared remarks. Ladies and gentlemen, the Police Commander."

I strode into the room, and the Press immediately began shouting questions at me. As I arrived at the podium, I handed Captain Thompson the red crowbar...

*WHAM!*

Thompson had swung the crowbar like a baseball bat with both hands at the side of the podium. The LOUD noise jolted the reporters into sudden silence.

"Thank you, Captain." I said jovially as he handed the crowbar back to me. "Ladies and gentlemen, we will be giving you copies of the video and still shots I am going to show you now." I said as I pointed at the projector screen to my left.

A photo of Antifa agitators was shown as I began: "This photo of several professional agitators was taken Friday night by Police Officers in an unmarked Police vehicle. As you can see, they are carrying various weapons, including chains with bicycle locks on the end, which they've used before to assault Police Officers." A close-up photo of those weapons was shown, then more of the group of agitators.

"Here is a photo taken from a drone." I said. "As you can clearly see, two KXTC and one other News van are parked behind the club 'Jasmine', keeping out of sight of the road. This was taken just minutes before we were scheduled to have our Orange Order initiates walk west-to-east on MLK Jr. Avenue."

"And here is some video of KXTC reporter Lester Holder with some of the red-shirted agitators, all looking at their cellphones." I said. "Very clearly some casual, friendly conversation, there."

"When I saw these photos and this video," I said, "I made the decision to change the Orange Order route to avoid a potential incident on MLK Jr. Avenue. I've been accused in the past of walking into traps, but I do not and will not deliberately let my Police Officers walk into an obvious ambush with the obvious intent by those armed thugs to cause a physical and potentially violent confrontation with the Police."

I continued: "The presence of the KXTC news van, hiding right at the place where those armed thugs would confront our Officers, shows me that they were not just reporting the news, but were attempting to create it. KXTC didn't report this part of it, and their role in the set-up, when they attempted to accuse the Police of racism in changing the route. And because of this evidence I just showed you... I accuse KXTC of deliberately attempting to incite violence against the Police."

I went on: "This is not the first time KXTC has tried to gin up something to create news and create chaos and hostilities. Your colleague John Hardwood put my daughter in a warehouse full of explosives, and your racist colleague Lester Holder has often lied about racial issues, as well as attempting to create physical threats against my other daughter------"

"You're full of shit, Troy!" yelled Lester Holder, who was in the middle of the pack, near the roped-off walkway to the podium. "You're just making excuses for insulting blacks------"

"THE POLICE COMMANDER IS SPEAKING!" yelled Captain Thompson, who had moved to stand right in front of Holder and yell into his face. "SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LISTEN RESPECTFULLY!"

"OR WHAT, YOU FUCKING UNCLE TOM?!" Holder shouted back, right into Thompson's face. "I have every right to be here, and every right to question that racist cracker's lies!" Then Holder looked around Thompson and shouted "HEY, TROY! YOUR DAUGHTER IS A WORTHLESS HALFBREED! YOU HEAR ME? SHE'S A HALFBREED!!"

"Get him out of here." I said, relatively quietly and levelly.

"Get your hands off me, Uncle Tom!" Holder shouted as Thompson attempted to guide him to the walkway. He pushed Thompson as he yelled "I have the right to be here!------- UHK!"

*SLAM!*

With a move so fast that it could barely be seen, Thompson had slammed Holder face-first onto the floor in a magnificent takedown worthy of the Police Boxing Matches. "Put your hands behind you!" Thompson ordered as he sat on Holder's back and attempted to affix handcuffs to Holder's wrists.

"FUCK YOU, UNCLE TOM! YOU'RE A TRAITOR TO THE BLACK RACE!" shouted Holder, fighting Thompson as much as he could. "POLICE BRUTALITY! POLICE BRUTALITY!" Officer Buchannan, who like Thompson was black, came over and helped force Holder's arms behind him as Thompson handcuffed the hatred-filled, potty-mouthed reporter.

"Charge him with assaulting Police Officers, resisting arrest, and FFI." I called out. Everyone watched in stunned silence as Holder was half-walked, half-dragged out of the room.

"What's 'FFI'?" a cub reporter asked.

"Failure to Follow Instructions." I replied. "In this State, failure to obey a lawful and reasonable Police instruction can be a felony or misdemeanor crime." Then I said "And this is a perfect example of a KXTC reporter trying to start an incident. His racist hate speech about my daughter was an attempt to get me to react physically, and his attempt failed. And KXTC was trying the same thing Friday night, working hand-in-glove with professional agitators to attack the Police and start up a racially-based incident."

"That will conclude this Press Conference." I said. "Again, we will make these videos and still photos available to you. I will be taking no questions." I walked off, not listening to the shouted questions about Teresa's comments at the Policeman's Ball.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lester 'Penis' Holder refused to hold up the little sign with his name and booking number for being photographed. He just dropped it to the floor, twice.

*THWACK!*

Captain Thompson slammed his huge bunched fist into Holder's ribcage. "I'm getting tired of your shit, you little bugger." Thompson hissed. Then he added "I'm not going to hit you in the face, where it might show. But you're going to be hurting real bad if you keep up this crap." He slammed his fist into Holder's side, more towards his back.

Holder still refused to hold up the sign, so someone else held it in front of him as he was held in place and photographed. His fingerprints were already on file with the TCPD, so after he deliberately moved his hands to smear the prints, Thompson gave up and ordered Holder to be put into an isolated holding cell.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cameras of the holding cell areas began getting staticky, and a 'lowly drone' was all that could be heard, as if The Slenderman was visiting. And Lester Holder was going to be wishing that it WAS The Slenderman visiting him.

The holding cell door opened, and I walked in, not armed with my gun nor my crowbar. "Go fuck yourself, Cracker!" Holder snarled. "Gonna beat me up now? More Police brutality?"

"That's what you're hoping for, but it won't work." I said. In my latex-glove hand, I held up an off-white cloth belt. "Know what this is?"

"A belt." snarled Holder. "Like you crackers used to whip black slaves, or tie them down while you raped their wives and daughters in front of them."

"You got the belt part right." I said. "I'm done with your shit, Holder. Done with it. So let me tell you the story. This belt... is going to be left here, in your cell. In a few hours, it will be found around your neck. The official investigation will show that you used it to commit suicide by hanging yourself. The case will be called a suicide and closed, and there will be no evidence that anything else happened." I threw the belt down onto the floor, then turned and left the cell.