Bending the Rules Pt. 12: Trial

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey mister, is that part of your punishment?" a couple kids asked. They looked like they might be brothers.

"Yep," Nuru said.

"Woah. Mom wasn't kidding. You better behave in school or we really will have to shovel out the farmer's barn!"

"Shut up, if you wouldn't tattle she'd never know."

"I didn't tattle, teacher sent a letter home. Idiot."

"You told her about pulling that girl's hair!"

"Serves you right! You stole my roll at lunch!"

"Well can you blame me? You know how good they are!"

"But I wanted one too, jerk!"

"Fine. I won't steal your rolls anymore."

"Fine, maybe I won't tattle. But I'm watching you."

The boys wandered off. Nuru read the instructions with the bucket; there was some kind of tablet he had to drop into the water to clean it once the flow was restored. He also had to scrub the mold away. He followed the directions of where to look for the drain hole, reached in, and started pulling ugly goopy stuff out and throwing it outside the fountain, trying as hard as he could not to put his face into the water, a prospect which horrified him. He thought he finally got it cleared up enough and put the crystal in. At first nothing seemed to happen, but then after a few moments there was a wet sort of glorping sound and water started to trickle. Nuru went back to the kit and grabbed the tablet, and threw it in, on the opposite side from the drain hole. He rinsed off his hand that had touched it as the directions warned to do, and then used the Scroll of Conjuration to summon a great spray of water that partially refilled the pool, using the jet to clear even more out of the drain but also causing the fountain itself to spray in a wide arc around it. Fortunately, bystanders had the presence of mind to stand clear, but they complained about the smell all the same. Once the spray had ceased, he tossed one more tablet into the pool and packed all the debris he'd cleared into the bucket that the kit had come in, and found a trash heap to deposit it into. The flow was still uneven, but the fountain was now working, for the first time in months. Nuru scrubbed the mold from the edges where the water line was, put on his clothes, and went to the temple with a handful of coins that might never get clean.

*****

"I, ah, have something for you, father. From the fountain."

"Hello, my son. Thank you. How's your conscience treating you?"

"I think I'll live, even if it smarts for awhile."

"Good to hear. Nuru, we should talk."

"Let me start by saying I want to apologize. I had no idea what was going to happen with the rug, but I should have known better than to go along with it."

"I blame myself for that, you know. I never should have put you in contact with a succubus. I forget sometimes how easily stirred are the passions of young men like yourself in ways not easily redirected to good purposes. The lesser dream seemed harmless enough, but alas, I was lulled into a false sense of security with my own knowledge and the ease with which I myself can handle their kind."

"You deal with them?"

"Certainly. Part of my job is to counsel the men and women just starting their journey of discovery and growth. Some are not always on the path of righteousness, and need a guiding hand to advise them on matters of the soul. Demons are one of the greatest threats to this, and on occasion I have to warn away from the odd trinket or soul stain of a ritual. Typically I'm able to resolve the issue before sigils ever become involved, but occasionally a demon is so desperate that they will try something before I've taken notice and, as in your case, I have to refer to the expertise of a specialist. Never before, however, have I myself been the one to make the introduction."

"Don't blame yourself, father. I would have found a way."

"I argued as much to the powers above. They were not fully convinced. I'm sorry to say that they have imposed a restriction on me in regards to you. I'm not to allow you to take further levels without certification from a faction that you have applied to join. Bear that in mind once your sentence is served; that should be your highest priority."

"Yes, father. It will be."

*****

"Success?" Furaha asked.

"Not my finest work, but yes," Nuru said.

"Oh, I'm sure it'll take far more work than that to make it like new. But it should be a vast improvement if you at least got the cleaners in. Stagnant water is simply awful; people have been complaining of literally getting sick. Now, let's get you clean, so you can get dirty again."

She led him back to the curtain.

"You're not going up in the tub," she said as he stripped down. "No offense to you, it's hard enough to keep clean as it is."

He followed her around the back of it instead, tugging at his shoulder demon, who sighed happily in the back of his head. There was a pipe jutting out the side of the tub and some kind of circular outlet on the end of it. Furaha turned a valve and water began pouring out into a drain in the floor from several small holes. Nuru jumped in, then jumped right back out again.

"Gah, that's cold!"

"Silly, wait for the warm water to start coming out!" Furaha giggled.

"I just really want this stuff off of me."

"Trust me, we're going to get you all clean. I'll do your fingernails myself."

"You really do have a use for my hand, don't you?"

"I might, now that I know you're willing to stick it in the filthiest places."

"Why do you think you're filthy? Who told you that?"

"Everyone," she muttered, so quietly Nuru was unsure if she'd actually said it.

"Furaha, you-"

"Enough. Not another word," Furaha snapped, the sparkle in her eyes replaced with an angry gleam.

She shoved him into the stream of water, then handed him a bar of soap. He scrubbed himself all over, but the bar kept slipping out of his hands and he had to keep picking it up.

(What is going on here? Why is she mad?)

/It's not at you, I think. What do you know about her?/

(Ace says she's a member of some secret society. She definitely had some other tasks for me earlier today, and she was in a veiled robe, so... maybe she is. She works for this Multiversal Travel Services place in the library.)

/It's probably true. She's a pretty one, though. How do you suppose she was accepted into the secret society?/

(You're suggesting she's done some unsavory things.)

/Not just unsavory, disgraceful- and traumatizing, perhaps, and I doubt if that was even where it started. Those groups like to have leverage on their members to keep them in line. Blackmail and such; and the more flawed the person before even joining, the easier it is to integrate their past into the means of control. You've probably stumbled on some personal shame designed to keep her afraid of getting ideas of independence. My money's on it being sexual; she's very reserved so it's hard to say exactly, but I'll keep an eye on her and let you know. Make sure you avoid anything that might even hint at criticism, or you're going to get a severe backlash./

(As if I could criticize. Gods, that body.)

His fingernails gouged into the soap to get some leverage as it stuck to the floor.

"Oh, never mind, leave it. I'll get a bottle."

Furaha popped the stopper and poured a bit into Nuru's hand. She scrubbed his back as he rubbed it in everywhere else.

"You know... I clean all the places I intend to use," Furaha said quietly, scrubbing his face.

Nuru looked down at his crotch after he rinsed his face, then looked up at her meaningfully. He was getting erect watching her watch him hungrily as he washed.

"Not today," she said casually. "But if I like what you do this time then maybe I'll consider it."

She gazed like she was considering it already, but Nuru kept his mouth shut. Furaha sat him down on a bench and used some small wooden implements to scrape out the underside of his fingernails. It hurt a bit, but he had to admit they were cleaner than he could remember them ever being.

"Now then. One final task for today."

Furaha took her dress off, laid back on the bench and crooked her finger at him.

"Gently, remember. Do exactly as I say. Quick now, we're running out of time."

Nuru nodded. She put her hand on his head and guided him forward to her vulva. He stopped and kissed her thigh on the way, and she shuddered. She grabbed his hair and yanked him forward. His lips planted firmly on hers, and then she groaned as his tongue reached out and caressed her clit.

"Up and down. Yeah, side to side too. Oh gods just like- fuck, just keep doing that. Gods below, that's a natural talent."

He kept at it, changing angles and direction but only going faster when she told him to.

"Oh, fuck I'm so dirty inside... so filthy... that's it, clean me out. Use your finger. Put it inside-yes, there. Oh, GODS BELOW!"

She came unglued as she squirted all over his fingers, and he just kept going.

"T-two. Two fingers. Use them."

He put two fingers in her and continued.

"Harder. Faster. Yes, just like that!"

Nuru lost count of the orgasms she had after that. Her fingers dug into his shoulders and scalp, her heels into his back, and still he went on.

"Oh... stop... we have to stop."

"Why? I'm just getting started," Nuru winked.

"Have to... get back. An appointment. People have... places to be. Unnngh."

"If you insist. There's more where that came from."

"Oh, we'll be exploring that tomorrow. Don't you worry," she said, catching her breath finally. She quickly straightened her hair and got dressed, and he followed.

*****

"You've missed dinner," the guard said. "Make sure you're not late next time."

"It's alright, I've eaten."

(I probably shouldn't say what...)

/Oh yeah, feed me that delicious corruption EXP./

(You get EXP when I make pervy comments?)

/Corrupting innocence is the essence of a demon's growth, remember. Exposure and response to that stimulation are key. In a word- yes./

(I'm on a slippery slope, in other words.)

/Are you sure it's a slope?/

(Mmm. More of slippery, fleshy tunnel, you think?)

/You said it! Not me!/

The succubus tittered in his head.

(I should probably stop asking questions then.)

/I don't think you can. Subconsciously, I think the reason you picked me is that the oppression of society has pushed you my direction, specifically to ask the questions that are forbidden./

(I'm fucked, aren't I?)

/In so many ways. But don't despair - it'll be fun!/

*****

Nuru was starved at breakfast the next day, and woke early, cold and cranky.

"That'll teach me to stay out late," Nuru muttered to himself.

Fortunately, for once he had no visitors with which to embarrass himself, and he lay quietly on the cot, resting.

"C'mon gopher, time for your walk," the guard eventually said.

Furaha once again met him at the door.

"Collect the mail, Nuru. Make it quick. Straight to the office, remember."

"I will remember everything."

Off he went, top speed. He arrived at the library puffing and panting, but took a minute to slow his heartbeat and catch his breath before going inside. Furaha had a sheet of notes and quill in front of her.

"Come, Nuru. Sit with me."

He cocked his head at the odd formality of her tone, but took a chair.

"Let's discuss your letters," she said, in a mock-schoolteacher manner.

He recited the delivery and origination addresses.

"Very good. Pop quiz, what's the shortest distance between two points?"

"A straight li- er, smoke portal actually."

(I'm confused. What's going on here? I mean, besides the information I'm giving her, obviously.)

/Oh, congratulations. You're moving on to phase two./

(Of what?)

/Courtship. You're flirting on another level now./

(I don't get it. How is this courtship?)

/Oh, I miss the days when your INT was higher. Nuru, the brain is the biggest sex organ in the body. She's engaging you with it. Don't disappoint her./

"Indeed," Furaha said. "Where do you see yourself five years from now?"

Nuru looked her up and down just enough that perhaps she noticed, before answering.

"I don't have a specific place in mind. I thought I knew what would happen when I got classed, and started leveling, but it hasn't been that way. There's a lot I'll need to figure out before I really know. But I do know it's somewhere outside that gate."

"You... know that there's essentially no way to do that without a faction."

"So I keep hearing. But I'm sure there's got to be a way."

"Even I couldn't do it."

"You wanted to make it without a faction?"

"I did. I still wonder sometimes if there isn't a way to back out now that I've chosen, but I'm not aware of one. But, the more I fought, the harder it became." She looked left and right, although there was clearly nowhere anyone could be hiding, and leaned forward. "There's a conspiracy."

"Do you know by who?"

"Oh yes. It goes all the way to the top. I can't say more."

Nuru frowned with frustration.

"Now, now, don't make that face. Your smile is so much more beautiful. Nuru... can I trust you?"

"If I'm to give you a true friend's answer, I would say no. I like you, Furaha - but I have to take care of myself first. I have little loyalty I can afford to give."

Furaha shocked him by smiling. "Ah, indeed, and we both know it. Yet you do have an honest truth which you are willing to share, and that is even more precious."

"Well, you are welcome to it."

"Careful what you offer me," she winked.

"I said it, and I meant it."

"How many people have you slept with?"

"If you mean actual sleeping, like snoring, none. But I have lain with four women intimately, and one... undecided."

Furaha raised an eyebrow. "Undecided? You're not sure if you slept with her, on some technicality?"

"The technicality is, is 'she' really a 'she'?"

"Strange race that doesn't have men and women? Which race is it?"

"No, actually... they're undecided themselves on the matter, being sick of the stereotypes of what it means to be a woman."

"Fascinating. I didn't realize you got to choose. What sort of ritual is involved?"

"Wearing baggy clothes, no makeup, and not answering to 'hey lady'," Nuru said with a smile.

Furaha giggled. "I'm sorry to say that sounds like a, what do they call it, 'career-limiting maneuver.' How's that working out do you think?"

"It has its challenges. They're making it work so far."

" 'They'. Hmm. And here I thought I'd heard of everything. And how did they get so lucky as to land a man like you?"

"They had a birthday, and asked nicely for it as a present."

"Asked nicely! Aahahahahaha- Oh. You're serious." Her eyes opened wide as her laughter cut off abruptly.

"I mean, that's not all it takes, but one thing led to another and..."

"As it does. Of course," Furaha said, playfully dismissive, but Nuru could sense the wheels spinning in her head.

"So, I feel like you can read futures. Can you tell me the man who's going to kill me?" Nuru said.

"And why would I know that detail?"

"Well, your boyfriend must watch your moves closely, being so flirty and attractive, you must be swimming in suitors and I'm sure I'm right in his crosshairs."

"You'd think so, wouldn't you?" she said, sitting up a little straighter. "As it turns out, I'm between relationships. The men coming through here are mostly family men; there are considerable numbers of bachelors out there, but to meet me they'd first have to be willing to set foot in a library. I'm unclear on the details, but that seems to be a sticking point for many of them."

"It must be the bookshelves. They look so unsteady, like they'd fall on you and kill you at any moment."

"Oh yes, so many safer battlefields full of goblins and orcs; I'm sure that's the reason," Furaha said, sounding quite unconvinced.

"Hey, you expect it from a goblin. He'll run around screaming, wave a big mace, sure he's gonna lop a finger off. It's those sneaky books you don't expect. You're just out there minding your own business, and then BOOM! Papercut!"

"Don't joke about that! I lost an uncle to a paper cut once," she said with an indignant narrowing of her eyebrows, and a smile. "He said to me, 'if you don't put that needle storm scroll down and let me fuck you, I'm telling your pa about you stealing his drinking money.' So I let him have it, and he bled to death."

"That'll show him," Nuru said drily.

"True story," Furaha said quietly, no longer smiling.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I-"

/She doesn't want pity, Nuru./

"All true, that is, except the part where he died instead of getting angry, and forcing himself on me anyway. Regardless! I've had a few propositions, but I'm not a homewrecker."

"...You just get them all fired up so they can go home and enjoy the person they already have?" Nuru said, rushing to the first thing he thought to say that might avoid digging up more painful memories, to fill the awkward silence.

"I like that. I'm stealing that line." She got up and came around the desk, grabbing his arm and the attached hand with both of hers.

"You're welcome to that, as well," Nuru said.

"Hmph. What's the fun in stealing if it's freely offered? Is it even stealing then?"

"I think it is, if you intentionally didn't ask before the offer was made. Then you're just being forgiven for it."

"Still a buzzkill." She looked him deep in the eyes.

He craned to look up at her. "Wanna fight me for it then?"

"No. Well, yes- a contest of wills, rather. Let me show you."

She tugged on his arm and back through the curtain and down the carpeted hallway they went. Another part of the room had a very large bed.

"Wow. You need all those pillows?" Nuru said.

"Oh yes. Every single one. No, you may not ask what for."

"And I suppose showing me is out of the question."

"And there you'd be wrong. Strip."

"Er, what?"

"Disrobe, you silly round-ear."

"Hey, watch it with the name-calling, elf."

"I'm watching you very closely, and you're not denudating out of a single vestment. Are you shy after all?"

"You're mean. I'm not sure I want to."

"Don't fret. I was merely being descriptive - your ears *are* round. If you're ashamed of that, it's no fault of mine." Furaha started undressing slowly.

"On the contrary, highlighting a difference between us implies a certain elitist condescension that-"

"Oh get naked will you! This is the least objectionable part for any other man. Why, I can hardly-"

"Ha! Contest of wills indeed. One point for me," Nuru winked.

"Ooh, well played. But verbal sparring's not the game. Hurry up or you'll miss dinner again."

"How did you know about that?"

"A logical assumption, now confirmed. Point for me."

"You said that wasn't the game!" Nuru took his clothes off.

"I hadn't said what the game _was_, yet. There, that's better. Now, lie down in the middle."

They were both naked, and Nuru lay down on the bed. Furaha came around and climbed on the bed from above him and, looking at him face to face but upside down, explained.

"Here's the game. Body parts only, no toys, and no putting your peepee in, or on, my hoohaa."

"Let me clarify, just so we're clear on those rules. My peepee is what?"

She climbed forward down his body, grabbed his rapidly engorging penis and shook it.

"I see, and your hoohah?"

"It's pronounce 'hoohaa'. Repeat with me. Hooooo. Haaaaaa."

"Hoohaa."

"Right."

She couldn't hold a straight face, and they both caught a bad case of the giggles.

"Wait, wait! And what is your hoohaa?"

She lifted herself up and pointed to her vulva, slowly circling it with a finger as she dove onto his cock.

"Oh, finally," she said, pulling off with a loud slurp, "first to cum loses."

"Ugh, gods, that feels good. Wait, loses?"

"What kind of contest would it be otherwise? First to cum wins? That's no different than the regular contest of man vs. woman in bed, and you'd have an unfair advantage. I want something different."