All Comments on 'Bent Backwards Ch. 09'

by herdirtymind

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
Reddy137Reddy137over 3 years ago
Oh my god

I've been following this series since about the 3rd chapter of Bent and what a wonderful ending! I know loads of comments have been harsh to Ethan but I totally get it from his point of view, he's definitely a dick but from my point of view he's redeemed himself.

The engagement was a perfect way to end the series, in a way I wish it would go on but it's a wonderful end to the series! I hope you carry on posting though, I'll keep an eye out for future work :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yessssss!!!!!

I love both stories......

Wee_lassieWee_lassieover 3 years ago

Simply amazing! I’ve loved how you’ve told the story from both perspectives! I’m ridiculously happy you added a proposal in :)

I’d say Bent was my favourite of the two but I think that’s because you started with Oliver’s story and not because the writing was any better! I was just already in love with Oliver’s version of events.

You’re a fantastic writer and story teller. I’ve been checking Lit daily for this final instalment and you haven’t disappointed! I really hope you continue to write, you have such a talent for it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful story

Bravo, you are a great storyteller. What an emotional ride. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best story

I’ve read both and one is no better than the other, but the second one just compliments and completes the first

armplasmaarmplasmaover 3 years ago
One of the best, if not the best I've read here

About your question regarding preference between Bent and Bent Backwards, I slightly prefer Bent because I already knew the whole plot by the time I read Bent Backwards. So, it's hard to compare. My absolute favorite is Bent 4, Bent 7, and Bent 8.

Just a suggestion, maybe you can put both point of view in one story.

Thank you very much for this and can't wait for your next work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just perfect!

I really enjoyed this story. So, so well written, sexy and just right. I enjoyed both stories and their different point of view. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. Just lovely!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fantastic!! Beautiful ending, so glad to see Ethan’s sweet side! I agree with other posters, I loved reading both sides of this. Getting to see how they each felt was really impactful. The sex was hot too. I hope you keep writing, you’re an amazing storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Perfect ending! I’m crying happy tears and smiling at the same time. I loved both stories and agree with other reviewers that they compliment each other beautifully. For me, this story was never about redemption. We are all imperfect, and how we find love isn’t always an easy road. I’ll come back again and re-read both, I am sure. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
😍😍😍

Both stories were amazing. I thought I didn’t like Ethan until I read his side so it needed to be told. I Loved seeing it from both points of views. Can’t wait for your next story.

Reddy137Reddy137over 3 years ago
Suggestion/request

I've not been able to stop thinking about this story all day! Can I make a suggestion/request pretty please? A bonus chapter for the wedding /wedding night? 👀 I'm obsessed with these two and I'm not ready to let them go just yet!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic

What a Chapter 9!! I loved it, especially the extra amounts of detail at the end where they came out to their loved ones and got engaged. I also loved that Jess ripped into both of them and made them feel like shit. Liza was too easy on Ethan so I’m glad Jess brought some deserved reality to what they each did to these women.

I was critical of Ethan throughout but your writing of him in this chapter really redeemed him for me. The soul searching, the expression of his love to Oliver, and the way he embraced his certainty that he was in fact doing what was right after so many wrong choices - it was all fantastic.

I loved both versions of the story but I think I prefer Backwards because it added more depth and understanding to the characters and their relationship. It also surprised the shit out of me (to quote Jess) in several ways and I really liked that, given we already knew the outcome, I didn’t expect surprise feelings and turns.

So very well done. I really hope this is not the last of these characters. I’d love to read more about their wedding, married life, future kids, and of course the smoking hot moments between these two. May they always be enough for each other alone and never feel that either needs to share, cheat or stray to others to fulfill themselves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow 🤩

So both stories are simply amazing. I have to say I can’t really choose one over the other. With Bent I was right there with Oliver, feeling all of his emotions right with him because that’s how good of a writer you are. With Bent Backwards I was angry at Ethan because my love for Oliver has already been clearly established but the writer was still outstanding. With chapter 9 of Bent Backwards I was so proud of Ethan for the way he handled finally coming to terms with being “Oliver’s man”. I also love when he wants to defend Oliver from Jess’ rage because as a true partner you always want to defend your love even when they are wrong and that part rang so true for me. I would love to see a wedding segment for these two and love to see Liza and Jess get their happy endings maybe. They do deserve them. Amazing work I don’t want to let these two go. 💔

filovebugfilovebugover 3 years ago
I really enjoyed both stories

I really enjoyed both Bent and Bent Backwards. I maybe enjoyed Bent more, but it might just have been because I read it first. Please keep writing, even if not about these characters but for another story. Excited to read what you write next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unrequited?

Oh, I already love the title

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I love you.... I love you so much

The added "I love you so much" really got me. I'm glad that you didn't say "I really love you" or any other phrases, or more complicated ones. "I love you so much" is so fitting with the emotional state of Ethan at that time and the situation itself.

armplasmaarmplasmaover 3 years ago
.... blue. Beautiful blue. The most beautiful blue, I've ever seen.

Your never seem to try sounding fancy in your writing, yet there are so many precious moment I can find, like this repetition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

loved this story - just read Bent & Bent Backwards in one sitting! I actually read the whole thing chronologically, alternating between Bent & Bent Backwards chapter by chapter. I found flitting between Ethan and Oliver's POV really allowed the story and tension to build, & the characterization to develop equally. I find it interesting that it seems people who read Bent first tend favour Oliver more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Both

I read them both and love them equally. I read the first Chapter of Bent followed by the first chapter of Bent Backwards and followed each chapter the same way and loved it! Thank you for their story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
🖤

I loved both of these stories. Someone mentioned that people who read Bent first preferred Oliver. Not true for me. Even if he could be an ass sometimes, I enjoyed Ethan’s perspective a lot more. His inner turmoil of coming to terms with who he is, who he’s attracted to, how he really feels about Oliver... I could relate. They way people were angry about his actions shows that you wrote him well.

Enlightened_SoulEnlightened_Soulabout 3 years ago
Just Wow

I just devoured both of these stories. I am always blown away when I stumble upon something so well written on this site. I love your style of writing too. The thoughts you include in italics are some of my favorite parts. You have a way of "punctuating" and emphasizing the moment with those. I read Bent first through Chapter 7. I accidentally clicked on Bent Backwards Chapter 8 and started reading next. I didn't realize what I was reading until he mentioned Liza. At that point, I decided to go back and read that side of things up to the break up. Then I read every other one - Oliver first then Ethan - and it worked out perfectly because you seem to start each of the Ethan ones a tad bit later than where the Oliver one started.

I'm also so, so glad I found these when they were finished! :-)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us!

Hutchison12Hutchison12about 3 years ago
Amazing

I really enjoyed the Bent series, and enjoyed the bent backwards series even more. Thank you for letting us know how they work out, perfectly delivered.

AkshunLoveAkshunLoveabout 3 years ago
Wow! That whole story really crept up on me

This was brilliant writing, really. It started out as something that seemed a bit shallow to start and ended up being deep and powerful. It’s not easy to make readers invest in cheating characters, but you did it beautifully. I liked Ollie’s story, but Ethan’s really knocked it out of the park. I loved the literary devices you used (The Dreamer, Common Sense and My Dick), you used them consistently throughout but never overused them and My Dick injected (pardon the pun) some genuinely funny moments into it. The sex scenes were very hot and not at all cheesy. The characters, especially Ethan, were very layered and interesting. Well done :)

py168py168about 3 years ago

I loved this series. I read them in parallel and it felt very cohesive. I'll be interested to read them again in order to emerge myself in each viewpoint separately.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

...thank you...xo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Both of them are good, but Bent Backwards I find better. It gives Ethan way more character, he felt kinda shallow In Bent. The Dreamer, Common Sense and especially My Dick gave this one more comedy. And the sex scenes were a bit more aggressive from Ethan's POV which I find hot.

You combine Romance and Sex really well. I hope we'll see many more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I really loved both series equally. I've read them twice and found myself thinking these are the bones of a really great novel - you have a delightful writing style and this story is for anyone who loves a good romance with some hot sex as the exclamation point. A novel would allow you the Ethan + Oliver back and forth POV while filling in the details of their lives and the people in them. Looking forward to reading your future works and thank you for the time this must have taken - it was really great !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I can never thank you enough for your writing. Felt it all...body, mind, and soul. You’re amazing! Steve xoxoxo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved both stories! I’ve read them twice now. I did prefer the second one; it seemed a bit richer in content. My only complaint is that there wasn’t enough dialogue between the two and I loved how they were together during the little there was. If you are bored one day, I’d love to see a sequel with more dialogue!

dnsontndnsontnalmost 3 years ago

I don't know how to praise this novel enough. I don't, can't find myself, much less my words as i finish this reading. I'm floating: high on your words. I'm courting euphoria: these guys are finally together openly, howaboutthat? Author? Your style is beyond compelling. Far beyond. So, so many chapters when, after reading and reading others comments, I wanted to defend Ethan. I just knew, deep inside, they'd be fine. Just fine. They'd be fine thanks to herdirtymind ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AMAZING! This is so amazingly written my goodness (and I I finished Bent a few days ago!). Thank you!

Eric_Morrison_2021Eric_Morrison_2021over 2 years ago

This is so beautiful, but honestly I don't think I can choose between Bent and Bent Backwards. I read them one right after the other, and honestly, I think that's how they should be read.

The first one captures you and is extremely well written, and searing hot, but it kind of makes you dislike Ethan until the very end, but this one makes you sympathize with him and it rounds out the whole story with so many little details added in that I just don't think you can get the full experience of the story reading just one.

Love this series as a whole and am simply at awe with the way you write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story was perfect! I loved Oliver's perspective, and loved Ethan's even more. I cannot wait for Bent Ever After.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was lucky that both stories were already published so I read each chapter from both stories one after the other. Like Oliver’s perspective followed by Ethan’s. It was fantastic! Great job!

NymzanSusaurenNymzanSusaurenover 2 years ago

Prefer? There is no preference. Both are excellent.

Sweet enough to get me all weepy (which I tend to hate), but I am smiling while I write this. I think you write the sensations and emotions better than I ever did. I have never said that and meant it to anyone.

P.S. On the homophobic, bible-thumper note...Don't tune out just yet...Yes, I am Christian, and I write gay male stories. I get that frantic, spitting mad fury in my face quite often. I tend to be quiet, and quite shy. However, the ONE THING I have never been silent about is this one subject. I have NEVER ONCE understood how a Christian can sit there and condemn a gay person. It doesn't make an ounce of sense to anyone with a brain, and damn me...but I am a genius. Sometimes, it annoys me, but only because stupid disgusts me. They spout actual bible passages for most things, don't they. Verse for verse. Why not this one? Have you ever wondered?

I can tell you why. The Bible verse condemns everyone, everywhere...except the very young and innocent. It states that 'Any Sexual act, in or out of wedlock, NOT FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of creating a child is a sin against God and unnatural. Now, tell me, how many people on this planet have used birth control, masterbated, had anal sex, or been in a consensual blowjob? Pretty much...hypocrites...one and all...those without sin cast the first stone...judge not lest ye be judged accordingly. I am not going to say gay people are bad people. If that is their only sin, they are way ahead of the typical Christian crowd. See you guys in heaven. Trust me. God hates hypocrites the most.

sm1982sm1982over 2 years ago

I had read Bent as you had published but only read a few chapters of Bent Backwards. I had decided two days ago to read both and made the decision to reach each POV back and forth. I love how they both reflect on what’s occurring simultaneously but you had also added extra scenes or continued a section depending on who’s voice you were writing in.

I loved Oliver’s cuz he was pretty much all in from the start and knew right away who he was and what he wanted. I also loved Ethan’s cuz he led life the way he had always had it mapped out and it took meeting Oliver to shake him up. It’s such a sweet story that took sometime to get to the HEA but it was so worth it!

All their emotions and thoughts were so authentic, raw and made me feel like this was a true story. The way you used senses throughout this story is outstanding! I saw under a different comment section that you published both stories on Amazon and I plan to invest in both cuz you so deserve the recognition and money for your incredible and captivating writing! I strive to have readers feel the way I did while reading quickly through the chapters as well as how the two men felt about each other, I can’t get enough!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyabout 2 years ago

Wonderful from start to finish!

Twink1o1Twink1o1about 2 years ago

10 out of mother fucking 10 would definitely recommend!!!!!! You have me hooked since chapter oneeeeee!!!! And this sweet ending has be grabbing the box of tissues. Ugh, I’m so happy for them. Love the story, the characters, the writing, the events, the emotions, I loved it all till the very last second.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome story!! My emotions were up and down and All over the place with this one. I think it’s the first story here that brought the tears rolling! The ending couldn’t have been better!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh, I loved both so much. It’s such a beautiful style of writing that really focuses more on the turmoil of the relationship rather than the sex— and that’s what sets it apart. I like “Bent Backwards”, because I was given more detail and closure. Shamelessly, I would love to see a spin-off where Jess and Liza get together.

GkbdwrGkbdwralmost 2 years ago

5 stars. Honestly can't pick a favorite

herdirtymindherdirtymindalmost 2 years agoAuthor
Unbreak Me

If you enjoyed this story, please check out my new book, UNBREAK ME, on amazon. I publish under the name Jesse H Reign

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read both stories more than a few times and though i love them both, I feel i get more out of this one. Maybe because he seems to fight it more than Oliver does. It just resonates deeper. 10/10 for both, but add an asterisk to Bent Backwards.

And I've read Unbreak Me just a few days ago. Swoon. It's just beautiful. As are all you stories. Thank you <3

jujubeebiejujubeebieover 1 year ago

I liked this story but I feel like I didn't really get a sense of why they liked each other outside of sex-- they didn't seem to have much of a personality and I'm not even sure what they did together other than sex and fishing that one time. I still enjoyed both stories but I felt that their relationship was a little underdeveloped from the reader's pov

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Perfect! Please publish more stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FUCK I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

MORE MORE MORE!!!! PLEASE MORE!!!!!

Melinda68Melinda68about 1 year ago

When you connect, you connect. Love, chemistry soulmates... I can understand the confusion of meeting someone new, someone to whom you have an instant connection. Being in a hetero relationship, I think had it been another woman either Oliver or Ethan met, they wouldn't have acted the same. Being that it was their first experience being attracted to someone of the same sex must have been shocking. I love the HEA, and would love if it continues down the road, marriage, children the whole package that they didn't see coming.

daddy628daddy628about 1 year ago

This is a work of art. Thank you for sharing it with us. (I honestly can't decide between Bent and Bent Backwards, I'm just happy that we had both)

Erotica_WorshiperErotica_Worshiper12 months ago

I honestly think I prefer bent backwards. I love their unexplainable connection, the way they're just drawn to each other, you could call it soulmates. The way they're always wanting, needing, is beautiful. Their connection is just absolutely beautiful and amazing, I can really feel it. This story is and always will be amazing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Both were wonderful! Thank you.

Cane23Cane237 months ago

I was so impressed with this story, that I've been obsessively reading it and reading it all over again! Story of two, seemingly straight guys hit by the sparkles of passion at the first sight. As their relationship develops, feelings grow stronger and, initial passion and liking becomes love. Accepting such a deep feeling for another guy is not easy and it will need separation, denial, self-deception, suffering, feeling of emptiness in heart and soul...to come to revelation.

It is the writing style of the author that captures you. It goes deep in characters mind. Written from both POV, author doesn't leave us with any doubts, we can see the struggles in both.

I've read the other stories from this author on this site and would like to read some more. It is truly wonderful experience!

PrinceraPrincera6 months ago

I read the first chapter of bent and all of bent backwards I loved it. It was a great story. No, I’m going to read chapter 2 of bent to see how it is lol

ILoveToReadGayStoriesILoveToReadGayStories5 months ago

WOW! This was intense. I could not put it down. This author, herdirtymind, wrote an incredibly beautiful…HOT love story. I highly recommend it. She is going on my “follow author” list, right at the top!

BlkbwoiBlkbwoi5 months ago

I liked both stories but then I'll read everything about characters I like, no matter what lol.

I preferred Bent because it came first and there was such realism for those of us who have experienced this kind of attraction/love that was so person-specific, with all the complications.

The Epilogue here tho is right up there too tho. Who doesn't want this kind of love and love story?

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Bloody awesome story. I couldn't get enough.!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userherdirtymind@herdirtymind
I'm Jesse H Reign AKA herdirtymind, and I write contemporary MM romance. Please note that I own the copyright to the following work published on www.literotica.com : Bent Bent Backwards Unrequited Requited Copyright © 2021 Jesse H Reign and herdirtymind All rights reserve...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Bent Ch. 02 Next Part
Bent Series Info