All Comments on 'Best Friends'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 304 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why do writers on this site think it's cute or clever to leave stories UNFINISHED!

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but really needs a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@Anonymous. Even if the story isn't finished, I think the marriage is.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000almost 3 years ago

It does not NEED a second part but, as it always happens when the story is thrilling and the author is an awesome writer, you want more and more.

lukeey90lukeey90almost 3 years ago

For me the red flags were everywhere...anyone who defend cheating is or cheated before.

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

I wasn't expecting it..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why not finish the story? Disappointing.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

nice twist, but where the hell is the rest?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, nothing extra needed

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 2 years ago

Second time reading it and still love it, the twist at the end is wonderfull. Altough it doesn't need it, I hope the author comes around to deliver a continuation.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

I agree with the other commenters, major disappointment in you leaving this story with a cliffhanger.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

"That is what I would want to know. Why. I would want to know where I'm failing you, so that I could fix it." - I realize that this is moot, but how could she find that out if Mike wouldn't tell her? Doesn't Cynthia deserve to know how to fix it?

\

I don't know which is worse, the affair or the flat-out lying, trying to make him seem like an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So, basically the wife was lying and gaslighting her husband the whole time. As far as the whole "WHY" question, cheaters cheat because the feel entitled to cheat. Of course, a cheater will try and make you think you're responsible some how for their cheating.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

Great story.. but this does scream for another chapter

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

LOL, or was the text all part of a further plot?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was quick and effective. I like your style of writing and your stories.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - what a pathetic teenage angst story - this shit happens in high school not a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like it! Nice story. Love your writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story - well written. Good unexpected twist at the end. Was described as a flash story so didn’t expect it to be overly long

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

I've been having second thoughts about the ending. The abrupt "spit take" ending could be appropriate for a 750-word story. For a regular story, most of us know, the set-up is easy, it's the resolution that's hard. Skipping out on the hard part is kind of weak.

\

Another thing that has been mentioned is that these get-togethers have supposedly been double dates that MC has been bailing on, now when he finally goes, Gary's wife isn't there? And Gary is "all smiles" as he comes to a meeting where he's presumably going to be telling Ciara to stop her affair? Something doesn't compute, other than a deliberate misdirection.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 2 years ago

Sitcom ending doesn't really fit for me. The twist isn't much of a bombshell, and it's not funny either, so apart from the slight misdirection, the story doesn't really land all that well.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Taking a page out of sbrooks playbook:

"This has always been a point of contention between us. I love Ci Ci. I trust her. But this nagging sense of uncertainty has always been present."

Uh that's the opposite of trust.

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

The twist at the end. Perfect and yet so un-resolving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Zero stars for a story that ended in the middle. Finish the damn story.

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyover 1 year ago

I agree! Finish the damn story! Zero stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great little story! It seems that many readers don't like the ending, but the ending is the most delicious part of the story. You can finish the story any way you want! And I am willing to bet that most readers have already finished the story in their heads within 2 seconds of reading the last words. 5 stars Bravo and thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Doesn't sound like the affair was with Gary. Someone else...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And now the divorce unless you can type your way out of this LOL?

GoattimeGoattimeover 1 year ago

You need a second part to the story

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I don't agree with others who say it's up to the reader to finish the story. I want to read stories with a beginning, middle and end. Please, add an ending to this one. I want to hear what she says when confronted and why she has risked her marriage to someone she is meant to love. More to tell here.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

I loved it. This is a great compact yarn with a twist at the end. It doesn’t need an ending or a par 2 or an epilogue. 5 stars and added to my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, this totally reads as the beginning of a longer story. Would love to read the next chapters.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

5 stars. No follow-up needed. Thanks, I enjoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree with parrenthesis: 5 stars and no follow-up needed. Top short story.

remb95remb95over 1 year ago

I was loving the story until the abrupt ending with no satisfaction

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It appears normal behaviour for todays women. How can they respect others when they dont have respect for themselves. They need to read a dictionary, they dont understand what the word means. They take what they want and give only what they want. We all wonder why so many marriages fail, but dont realise they did not start even at the beginning. The selfishness starts at the wedding. Why the women spend so much on their outfits while he has a pitance in comparison. Think about it

UnassignedUnassignedover 1 year ago

@sbrooks103x "I've been having second thoughts" . . . pretty sure that most of the recent "double dates" have either been only CiCi/Gary (her wanting a sympathetic sounding board for her affair), or perhaps even a smokescreen to provide CiCi with an excuse to get away and meet her fuck buddy, with Gary's backup if needed. That's why Gary's wife wasn't there, and why Gary suddenly became anxious.

.

As for the story, very nice and satisfyingly complete as-is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fucking bitch Ciara! Please do a part 2

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

Only story of yours i haven't really liked. Mostly because of the abrupt ending. For many writers I'd be ok with it. It's easy to see where it would head on their world.

Your world is much more complex so leaving it up tp MY imagination means I miss out on your creative take on things... which is disappointing.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Great short story.

Kind of open ended.

Sufficient spice for fertile minds to take it to their personal 'logical' conclusions.

Ci Ci rocks!!!

5

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Folks that fail to inform friends about spousal cheating are scum, as are writers that glorify such low ethics

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 1 year ago

Darn, if ever a story needed a second part this definitely does. Probably not going to happen after so long but if we could get more Twin Peaks 20 years after it first aired anything is possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is finished: doesn't need a 2nd part. Well done.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Wish

There was a second part oh well leaves a lot up in the air.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not totally obvious during the saga but Ci Ci's affair seemed to be the other possibility for the awkward moments between friends when he was present. If there is a part two maybe Paul and Gary could find more common likes than they realize since Gary no longer needs to hide what he knows about his friend's wife.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 year ago

So does he forgive her and try to move forward or just move forward. This one could use a follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

His last scream tells us all we need to know about how this story is going to end. Bravo for having the courage to end it as you did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Who are you kidding? You're just going to have them reconcile.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

And then what happened?

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson11 months ago

Great twist at the end. :)

SystemShockSystemShock11 months ago

Funny how she rats out her own mentality towards cheating near the end. She says, as the spouse being cheated on, that she would want to know how she has failed and what she can do to fix it. She doesn't put any blame whatsoever on the cheater, she says it's the victim's fault and they need to take responsibility by "fixing" themselves.

In a situation like this it's time to contact a lawyer and thank every deity you can think of that you didn't have kids with her.

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐ Sorry, rushed finish.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler11 months ago

And then what happened (2)?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"I am working on the sequel to "Imbalance", but that is taking a while. It is almost finished, but will at least be a couple more weeks."

Is it already published ? If not, when is going to be ? It was a really great tale with great characters.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well done. No more needed. Great twist at the end.

JPB

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler11 months ago

Love to read the rest of the story. I suspect it would be a short read. Thanks

LarrynDallasLarrynDallas11 months ago

Needs an ending. Ended at the beginning of the real story.

rn2711rn271111 months ago

Great story with unexpected twist. Garry is actually the good guy.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So Paul likes do all those things that keeps him in the close company of men, or watching men, nothing more gay than watching sport or going to the gym (real men do physical work ) but it's Gary that does all the stuff that's likely to get him laid that's the gay one. Lol. No wonder some people get cucked.

remb95remb9510 months ago

Loved it. A hint of the outcome but not exactly that one. I would welcome the next part of this tale.

JBird11JBird1110 months ago

Great job, although would love a follow up how Paul handles it. Thanks for sharing.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove10 months ago

Wasn't expecting that. Nice one.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it. 5 stars.

Especially the hilarious twist at the end.

As my old Dad used to say "There's only one secret to a long and happy marriage. Never ever ever trust a woman."

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Damn, your stories are not just ordinary ho hum stories. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Somehow I knew it was going to happen this way. 5

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

Brilliantly done, really well written, great work on how you managed to make this work and I didn’t see that ending.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nicely done. I had a feeling this was coming but I wasn't sure. I'd love to read a follow up to this. BardnotBard

StruckwrongStruckwrong8 months ago

The hubby is a dumb palooka again.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

where is the rest of it ???

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

And then what

What a waste of my time reading this

The end

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

2 stars. Finish the story!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Flash story with a snap unfinished ending. Whatever.

Sumnut96Sumnut966 months ago

I gave it a 4. well written. BUT, where's FTDS when ya need him? DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@sumnut: I think somebody on a different story section commented that he passed. Can’t confirm that though.

mndhanson017mndhanson0175 months ago

Doesn't matter if it's a flash story, you need to have an ending, that is where this fails

xMulexMule5 months ago

4*

The weakest part of this story, IMO, is the deus ex machina used to reveal the truth to Paul. But it's a fun, unexpected plot twist. He's thinking she's having an affair with Gary. He's wrong, but only about the identity of her paramour.

This story is definitely finished. It's not hard to imagine the details of the inevitable divorce.

DadieODadieO5 months ago

Great bones no flesh. Where is the ending. Maybe someone will pick it up and finish it.

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Wow, 4* however we need some to write an ending!🤣😵‍💫

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

1 star - FTDS

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not particularly surprising. Her attitude to cheating made it obvious that it's not something she's totally against, which honestly is a huge hit to any trust he had for her. Well RIP that marriage I guess. Unless of course this text is just another ploy by Gary to get into her pants. Honestly it could go either way. I personally wouldn't stay with her when she had that attitude to cheating. There's just no trust there for me after that revelation.

HusbandXHusbandX4 months ago

The ending was nicely done. A reader shouldn't need everything spelled out for him or her. The story is well written, and ascribes to the principle, "always leave 'em wanting more." There's no Deus ex Machina here; the phone is organic. It might have been best foreshadowed with a text reference earlier in the story, but it's not implausible. Moreover, the text is from Gary, timely, as the events of the day before revolved around him. The fundamental question of the story was the unexplained unease felt by Paul. The conclusion answers the question: why was Paul uneasy. Now, he knows. Story arc complete.

mfbridgesmfbridges4 months ago

Gone in a NY second

VoyeurkennethVoyeurkenneth3 months ago

I checked out this one-off story of yours as a trial of sorts. Verdict: I like your writing style! The paranoia you portrayed was well described. You also played against tropes cleverly. I’ll be checking out more of your stuff. Well done! 👍

MorovarMorovar3 months ago

5 stars. I thought the ending was great. I don't need everything wrapped up in a neat now Everytime every story. The MC made his feelings on cheating earlier in the story. This marriage is headed to divorce, or at least a very long, difficult reconciliation.

I also like the brief look we get at Gary's take on her infidelity. Just from his text, I believe that Gary, although he didn't rat her out, disapproved if her cheating and told her so. His reference to the MC as a "gr8 guy" probably means that the MC has misjudged him for years.

AllNigherAllNigher2 months ago

I enjoyed it. No not every story needs a complete, detailed wrap up to their death. I still felt it was unfinished as a story. A nice short though!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good start, now how about the rest of the story.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

son of a bitch... great flash story but that needs more. you set up a wife that was concerning, then he gives up on the conversation and then that cliffhanger!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

As I understand Ci Ci has been cheating, not clear with Gary or anyone else.

Now the husband knows, what he will do?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

SIMILAR Stories

The Bridge 
4.52
865
1k
Words 
4.6
791
813
Requital 
4.49
1.5k
1.1k
In Her Eyes 
4.58
1.3k
739
More Stories