All Comments on 'Best Friends'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
Bri29Bri2929 days ago

Good thought provoking story and I 100% side with the husband

jazzharpjazzharp29 days ago

Good story. Thought provoking. Thanks!

Great writing. "Babe, for Jane it was a chance to live out a fantasy she had created in her head. Hell, we may have been awful together! But in her fantasy, it had to be spectacular. She had nothing to lose and no long-term consequences, but for us, it was forever."

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy29 days ago

it's sad when we seek something we cannot have!

5

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele29 days ago

Ah. The hypothetical conundrum.

Most of us can be totally logical and objective when there are no consequences. It's when reality bites that the emotions come int play.

demanderdemander29 days ago

Pretty thought provoking. If the genders were reversed, the answer would be a strong no. Dunno why, but it makes a difference to me. D

GarySmith69GarySmith6929 days ago

If my wife asked me to spend a weekend with a friend, the answer for me is no. It would hurt all three of us. And a best friend would not even ask. My wife knows my answer, so there would be no point asking the question. And if the roles were reversed my wife would give the same answer, "No".

truthandjustice99truthandjustice9929 days ago

No respect for bucket list slut or slimeball BIt needs top be reveal ed and let the scum know it will be revealed at the funeral to all attendees ti know how worthless the deceased is. Let her know know all attendees will pee on her grave

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

If you were a reader would you read this bollucks?

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

How do we know that they didn't have sex after all and that the question was posed to avoid exposure?

Calico75Calico7529 days ago

I would have said no. But I don't know what my ex would have said.

Dalton402Dalton40229 days ago

Beautifully written what if question

LechemanLecheman29 days ago

Hmm Davis at the end hey!

So, David had summed it up accurately. While it would have been a couple of days for her friend, it would have lasting consequences on their marriage.

Regardless of gender, the outcome would read the same.

francemanfranceman29 days ago

Well done. Very original.

I completely agree with your conclusion.

For those who remain, the consequences are for the rest of their lives.

miket0422miket042229 days ago

David was a smart husband. He never actually gave Amy a yes or no answer to her hypothetical.

Well played Sir.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted29 days ago

Read a story and make me think, ugh. David's analogy is spot on know matter the genders.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight29 days ago

This was a moral dilemma stated well. Nice job.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4629 days ago

The answer for me will be a resounding no. Purely a serious peep into the pail of human feelings and loyalties. Great job. thanks

Buster2UBuster2U29 days ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for the most thought provoking story. "YES" would have been my answer. "Hell Yes" if it was my wife. what is the harm of trying to make your dying friend happy? thanks for the effort. Buster2U

TeslerTesler29 days ago

It looks like Regguy is looking for writers to to take this story in new directions. I wish I had the ability to write as I can think of several different ways this could go. Great story.

MwestohioMwestohio29 days ago

Interesting quandry

LarrynDallasLarrynDallas29 days ago

Time for a threesome.

SkubabillSkubabill29 days ago

I think the thing you never discussed, was the two of them having a number of, long conversations before any decisions were made.

lc69hunterlc69hunter29 days ago

It would been act of love

6King6King29 days ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

JRandyJJRandyJ29 days ago

Can't answer the first question because I'm a Man. The second question. If the wife ask, I would say it will be a threesome. Where I lick her you wife lick her, where I lick you she licks you. Where I stick Jr. in her you wife lick, where I stick Jr. in you she licks. Every ones fantasy is fulfilled. The third question, Hell No I don't share with dudes, Period. I know I'm a pig.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice28 days ago

I thought the conflict was well presented, and enjoyedh how the writer resolved the problem. For myself, I have seen other stories that attempted to justify why one-off cheating in this situation is okay. I think the writer perfectly addressed through David why this is never going to be a good idea, as it is only "one-off" for the one dying. A sexual act should never assume such proportions that it justifies risking one's marriage.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu28 days ago

I would ssy NO even if genders and roles are reversed. No. No.

/

Nice tale very thought provoking but for me an easy one to decide. Thanks @Regguy69.

willyk1212willyk121228 days ago

my answer would have been no to many feelings involved

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Extremely well played Rg69! Great story and a great thought out response you had written for David. For a short story this was 5*’s all the way. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

God no! You should see my wife’s best friend.

amygdalaamygdala28 days ago

No today all day and twice on the weekends.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Amy should have bitch slapped the skank slut Jane and never spoken to her again. Good thing the whore is gone.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

An interesting different wrinkle. Three stars from me, pushing four.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

A pretty quick No.

One was dying but I'd have to live with the consequences. Plus I made a vow.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x28 days ago

My answer would be the same whatever the gender. "NO!" I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there, great lovers, too, who would be happy to take care of her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x28 days ago

I think it would be highly hypocritical of Amy to hold it against him since he would only be doing what she asked.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour28 days ago

That’s a hard no on the sharing. I don’t care who it is.

Very good story. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Tomh1966Tomh196628 days ago

No. and No.

Long run, it opens up complications and resentment. Women NEVER forget.

And opens up possibly a reverse scenario to 'even things up.'

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I didn't hear David say no. I heard him say he would have done what he felt was right for his best friend (his wife). So if his wife felt it was what she wanted it is possible he would have done it. But I agree it would have been a huge mistake. David sounds smart and even if he did agree he would have had conditions such as no future hall pass for wife, no talk again in future, set up some divorce papers now so that when it does go to hell they have an agreed split all worked out.

If I were Amy, I would not ask David.

If I were David I would say NO and I would be pissed she even asked.

No difference if gender reversal. Still a NO and No and being pissed.

MartyMartiniMartyMartini28 days ago

Could you re-write this and cast me as the husband?

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Nice story. Well told. You got the balance just right. I think you had both Amy and Dave reacting in a realistic way.

.

Jane, however, allowed her selfish dream to overcome her in her dying days. By “activating” her fantasy into a real world request she trampled all over her friendship with Amy, putting her in a terrible quandary. Thankfully, Amy stewed about it long enough to make the matter moot. In the end, both Amy’s and Dave’s memories of Jane will be tainted.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

You were going so well until your End.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I would’ve done it. If she was hot.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Not hard at all: the answer no.

Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Nope.

hushjfhushjf28 days ago

I'm not going to over think a good story by playing "what if". I was set to give 5/5 but you took away from the story by asking the questions at the end.

AmberSolisAmberSolis28 days ago

Beautiful story about the kind of crazy situations life throws at us.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle6628 days ago

I would say "yes", and even if the roles were reversed, I'd still say "yes". It would be up to my wife to make her own choices in either case, too. But I'm sure she would agree and say "yes" as well.

Of course, there would have to be some attraction between the ones spending the weekend together. It's not like being a prostitute doing on demand. But, all things being equal, it's just sex, not love. And with no potential long-term attraction as a threat, the only treats to the marriage afterwards are those one of them generates in their own selfish mind!

FD45FD4528 days ago

We answered that question. Lit is replete with stories of wives doing so. In one, like TX Tall Tales, the wife arranges a harem for her hubby while she goes and ‘services’ a soldier friend going to Iraq.

.

In most, however, the writers and commenters agree it is wrong. Even if he leaves them a million bucks afterward.

BigDee44BigDee4428 days ago

If it were to happen, Amy should be present.

AngelRiderAngelRider28 days ago

Clearly written by a man.

If my best friend was dying and wanted my husband for the weekend, then my husband she shall have (if I have any say about it, which of course I would. It's me after all)

Hell, he could be going over there to fix her actual plumbing instead of her "plumbing" He could be going there to tend to her real garden instead of plowing her "garden." I don't give a shit. She wants my husband to plow her for a weekend and give her some joy during her final days? He's going. End of discussion.

Story is such bullshit. "For us it was forever" I need to throw up.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

This was a great story. The characters were genuine and both the husband’s answer and the post story questions sparked thoughts that had Amy questioning the friendship. When I read that part my first thought was along those lines ( ? the strength of friendship). Finally how devastating would it been if they decided that David would grant the request and Jane stroked out in the act?

AngelRiderAngelRider28 days ago

Oh. As an aside, I know full well this was written by a man and men would never agree if requestor was a man because men are jealous halfwits who reduce everything to dick size and whether or not they give you the best orgasms.

To call men emotionally limited is an understatement.

Prof57Prof5728 days ago

I feel that this story may have multiple sequels. An open invitation for alternative endings. But not enough twists and turns like Just once or Febsucs

Sailor59Sailor5928 days ago

Lucky girl, wise husband. Well written and thought provoking. Would it be different if Jane asked for the three of them to be together?

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Hey, this is Literotica. Why not just have a threesome?

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I don’t think it was really that thought provoking. Especially after Jane died before Amy took any action. There isn’t a husband alive that would have answered yes post mortem. If the author wanted thought provoking he’d kept Jane alive

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon28 days ago

Interesting take on the subject, solid story.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Interesting story line. My only criticism is the suggestion in her mind that this would in some way be a hall pass for her husband. Wife and friend instigated it he wasnt asking for permission it was being forced on him

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

“He is the best guy I've ever known and he's why I've never married. The others just never measured up to him."

/

This is why polygyny works. Women would rather share a man they respect, than have 100% of a man they don’t.

/

It doesn’t work the other way around. Men don’t share women they love. Fratbros may be willing to gangbang a slut, but they don’t love her, and will never marry her.

/

So, to answer your questions, the wife shouldn’t have offered her husband to her friend for just a weekend, rather the friend should have become the second wife years earlier, and added children to their family. As for the other way around, just suggesting it should lead to the disappearance of 2 people!

/

ZK

silentsoundsilentsound28 days ago

Nice conundrum.

Martin594Martin59428 days ago

Very thought provoking! I felt my eyes start to water reading this. Just to have a friend that close to you to ask such a question after her statement is... I will have to think on this also. Great job, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Whether Jane wasn't that a good friend of Amy or her illness and imminent death made her selfish and self-centered, you don't ask a favor from a friend that would go against the moral compass of the person. The answer is "NO, but the hell NO!" Giving to Jane's wishes may have given her some pleasure, but put her friends marriage in danger, since now David would be a cheater. There is no "Hall Pass" in marriages, once the vows are broken and one party disrespected, and cheated there is no going back to the past. It may even kill "The Magic" of a marriage. David answers were the correct ones. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

The only moral dilema Hardaysknight needs to think about is why he's still breathing oxygen that could be used by someone useful.

Well done one the vignette Regguy interesting to say the least

CaptainbklCaptainbkl28 days ago

Good story. My answer would have been no.

Syd254Syd25428 days ago

I would like to think I would have said NO. The request from Jane was a selfish one though perhaps given her situation not an unrealistic one. As Dave sId he and Amy would have to live with it and time warps the memories and could have twisted it into negative thoughts for one or the other causing challenges in their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

You can spend the rest of your life playing "what if". Integrity is doing what you know is right. Even if no one is watching.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos28 days ago

I think David's answer and reasoning are pretty much bang on correct.

<>

My wife and I have had this discussion a couple of times and it all comes down to "Don't fuck around if you don't want to find out". Like David in the story said - you never quite know exactly what's going to happen and the risk of it going bad... is it worth your relationship?

26thNC26thNC28 days ago

No,and no. I would never share my wife or allow myself to be shared. But it was a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

1) NO, I would not have done it even if my wife asked and I thought her friends was hot.

Why? Because it would likely change our marriage and I would not want to chance that.

2) If the roles were reversed, I would say the same.

Even though it is equally despicable no matter who does it, for the record, women do not have sex the same as men.

The world's oldest profession does not involve women paying men for sex.

There is no women's equivalent to a a "glory hole."

Etc., etc.

So a man cheating on his wife could mean something, or nothing relationship wise.

But a woman cheating on her husband always has a back story.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

The answer is: We can only be together if it is a 3 way with you. And it is you and me, husband and wife, plus a friend. Not her and me, with my wife. Is that something you can live with? We both have an affair with the same person.

DessertmanDessertman28 days ago

A great presentation of the moral dilemma.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

It's a problematic ethical question, which makes it intrinsically interesting. However, the answer and the aftermath are both very dependent on the individuals and the relationships involved. We know next to nothing about them, which makes the entire story seem hypothetical rather than real.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Very well written and thought provoking. 5 stars DMW aka Sumnut96

60022Mallard60022Mallard28 days ago

He made the right decision.

LW stories mostly seem to imply that the MC is stellar between the sheets - and 90% of men when questioned SAID they were better than average (think about it). Reality often does not match imagination!

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Your intelligence readers were already mulling over the questions you raised at the end, because that is what good story telling evokes. That is why your ending comes across as a slap in the face. I admit that I was hoping for a confession from the husband that he and Jane had been having an affair. Now that would give Amy something to think about for the rest of her life!

desecrationdesecration28 days ago

The brutal point that this story makes is that Jane can never really have David. His heart belongs to another, and she did not get to marry him, so at this point, nothing can be done but the sending of a rather nice "Get Well Soon" card.

GardenshedGardenshed27 days ago

Very good story, very realistic that it could actually happen?

Thanks for sharing……

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Unless I was as brain-dead as Jane was after the stroke, I 'd say no as the husband. Humans know instinctively when something is dangerous. If I see a hornet's nest, I'm not about to go poke it.

Unless that marriage was as dead as Jane after a stroke, so no harm done.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades25 days ago

What a decision, A no win situation. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Husband’s answer was correct. Amy’s back and forth was understandable, but only because she is empathetic for her friend. Jane tossed out a Hail Mary on her death bed. I don’t actually think she was trying to be a problem. So all good people here.

fredbrownfredbrown15 days ago

A lot of deep philosophical answers but I've got a shallow one. I've been married three times and my wife Linda four, plus the facts are that Linda is vastly more experienced than I could ever be. I'd bet money wifie dear wouldn't hesitate to tell Jane to go for it - women's club you know ...

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

To me even if the wife asked I would say NO and would question her motives I would not share her with my best friend under any conditions and would not expect her to agree to share me !

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

What waste of time don't read this garbage it's for women not us guys

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...