All Comments on 'Best of Both Worlds Ch. 07'

by andrewpeters

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Welcome back

It is a pity, that you had such long pause. I would love to read the continuation of this story. Duke

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Keep it coming

I agree with the Duke keep up the work of finishing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Get on with it

Sarah needs to get on with her life. Go gang bang some midgets and move on!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
LOVE this story-- LOVE it: It is Fabulous BUT

but I think you are Forcing the reconciliation. The wife despite all therapy is STILL focused TOTALLY on herself. It is clear that psychologically she is incapable of loving husband wife relationship with Bill.

Therefore I hope you are not forcing the reconciliation

At the very moment in Her life when she had to look at herself in the mirror when she was caught by BILL and tossed out because fo HER actions and Behavior ...what did she do? She RAN-- and I mean ran back to her Lover hoping to Fuck again...

No amount of therapy can ever fix that. And suppose BILL finds this little tod bit out?

Looks at her words--- look how appallingly self centered this horrble woman is

>>>>>>>>I couldn't help but think back to during the affair, when I'd somehow convinced myself that it wasn't that serious, wrong yes, but nothing that would lead to a divorce, or even cause problems.....................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For that matter, I have to admit I was shocked that he kicked ME out, at that time I convince MYself that he was over reacting....

.....................................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>From the moment I first saw his face, I knew I could never have another affair...... but then she does do EXACTLY that !!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, I know that I went back to try and see Jacques right after Bill told me he wanted to divorce ME , but at the time I was in total shock, and think that in some way I was punishing Bill for not forgiving ME . Why I had to punish him escapes me now, and should have back then.....

.........................................

Then even after she overhears the 2 woman talking about HER ex Husband...... she only thinks about

how hurt SHE is. Her reaction is almost always about herself-- Its all about ME... wife contempkates Suicide ( TOTALLY SELF CENTERED ACT) and only looking at the picture of her daughter stops her. Finally she thinks about someone else!!........... and she never thinkS about the amounts of pain she has caused BILL

that drove him to the point of screwing some other woman.........................................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'd rationalized my guilt .... I took him and his love for granted ....................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I wouldn't take myself back, if the roles were reversed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
please continue.

we need an ending.as a romantic old fool i want to see a happy ending.thank you

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
Horrid Wife's apology from Chapter 5

come on folks....is reconciliation possible...? from CHAP 5.... the wife's apology....................

................................page 2 Key TEXT shown by asterisks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bill, it's Only now that I truly understand what I have done to you. You may not believe it, but I never intended to hurt you, to get involved and to destroy us." I explained how I never understood the depth of his hurt until I saw him the other night coming out of the restaurant, and ***********how in my hurt I had decided to go and see Jacques again, and what I had walked into***** .....................

..........................................

LET's REVIEW 1) wife fucks Jacques for a year THEN ......

....................... 2) Gets caught in her martial bed by BILL as she is getting FUCKED by Jacques in the ass................... 3)wife sees BILL walk out of a resturant with a known business ssociate ..................

................. 4)the WIFE amazingly gets angry.......

................ 4)RUNS to the french guy only to see HIM "cheating" on her? ..............................

.................... .................................................. THEN SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS?!?!?! Holy mother of God................... The BIG flaw is that BILL does NOT react to that statement/ apology of hers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Once a slut - always a slut!

A good author - who is taking a respectable story and dragging it down to JPB's level. The "reconcillation at any costs" idiots must be apply some pressure. Too bad, because once a worthless slut=always a worthless slut!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good ending! Stop NOW!

We need more happy non-wimp endings. Send Bill to counseling (sounds like he needs it) so he can let go and meet a good women & live happily ever after. Most normal men would have hooked up a long time ago, because they can’t continue to love some one who shits on them. Bill's lack of self esteem, and inability to move on, is the reason Sarah has no respect for him and was able to cheat on him. Women may "love" their wimps, but always want great sex from a real man. Please let Bill remain a man, and not wimp out.

JoesephusJoesephusover 17 years ago
I frequently argee with the...

no reconciliation crowd, even though most of my story show the couple getting back together. Here, I have to agree with some of Harry's points. As sad as it makes the story it shouldn't happen... yet!

There's will always be that "yet" in my mind. I'm the child of divorce, and it was because my mother cheated. I love my dad's second wife, she's my mom, and my mother, well it looks like she might get married for the 7th time. I wouldn't wish her on anyone.

Still, what so many miss in hating the wife is what divorce does to the kids. In this story both parents have the daughter's best interest at heart and as long as that's the case there is hope.

Part of what I've loved in this story is how many times the wife reaches a level where she thinks, "Now I really understand..." when clearly she doesn't... yet.

I will always hope that the story moves in that direction, and that the reconciliation will be justified. It's not ever fair to the wronged party, but life isn't fair. I just thank God that there are men who are big enough to put their child's welfare above their own feelings.

I think part of my desire to see the couple back together depends on how the marriage was before the discovery. Was the cheating a last straw or was it a case where the mate thought he had a perfect marriage. Part of what makes this story so sad is that they did seem to have one of those marriages that we all wish we had.

I certainly don't look down on anyone who can't accept back the woman, no matter how much she has changed for the better. Now that I'm married I don't think I could, but I can and do look up to those who do. That takes a real man.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Ok ending, and like Anon says Stop now please!

Why “only” Ok? Because there is nothing really new here. More details, but essentially more of the same. She already had her “Ahha” moment when her main narcissistic bubble was burst. The shock of her life: she actually understood that other people can feel pain too, and that it hurts them as much as it hurts her. Then she continues to blow smaller (but important) additional narcissistic bubbles (such as the realization that the world does not revolve around her or that things will not happen to her until she makes them happen). In a way her progress is more “correct” and credible than the update on her ex. With him we see the same surrendering to the literary formula of ‘life without the ex does not go on’ (usually it does go on after a year, plus minus). The sense of the “uniqueness” he feels about his ex, and the emotional loss after four (!) years is even more incredible when the extreme circumstances of the divorce are considered. As the author made it, I would say: dear author, yes, you had your fun, depicting ‘mega drama’ in extreme cheating and catching the cheaters in the worst circumstances few chapters ago. Now, have the literary integrity to “bear the consequences” of exposing the poor husband to this highly traumatic circumstances. These circustances are VERY RARELY indicative of conditions for reconciliation. And have we added to the calculation of plausibility the ex wife’s prolonged cheating period with no voluntary disclosure PRIOR to that traumatic confrontation?). You may go ahead and ruin what you built with incredible “the ghost from the machine” type of forced reconciliation, but IMO it would put to mockery all the serious work you invested in carefully building credible characters over seven chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
we have come a world haters and no forgiveness

people we put in jail get a second chance.why not give the wife a second chance,she been clean spent the divorce.if she have learn her lesson all well for her family.hubby don't seen to happy without her.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Anon in USA, ME? “world hater”? It's not nice!{*}

If he forgave her could he trust her? Or could he force himself to forget the images that he must remember from time to time? Must he be condemned to serve HER justice only? Is he her parent? Should not he think about what’s best for him too? Doesn’t he deserve any justice too? And does SHE really love him? If she improved /changed so much, can she for a minute think about what might be best for him? Especially if she really loves him –that is the way adults love each other, in away that realizes that we are here in the world not just to serve me me me. Where is her thinking: Ok maybe what’s best for him is that I allow him to be freed from me. Maybe he deserves a real chance for a new beginning if I am not running around him every other day. I’ ll be in touch with my daughter, but he deserves a woman who does not suffer from the character disorder I suffer which is essentially there to stay with some trimming on the sides. That, I think would be a show of real love on her part. But I doubt that a person like her is capable of doing that. This man will have to define his own happiness. ***** BTW, your message is not addressed to anyone in particular, but people expressed their opinions per the characters in the story. Why did you find necessary to insert hate here? I have no idea what “world hater means”. All I know is that I like credible stories that remind me of things that MIGHT happen in life. If I think that most men in this guy’s situation would not reconcile with a woman after such trauma - does that make me “a world hater”? (whatever it means) {*- I think}

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
one of the better developed stories

to come along, tackling this issue of marriage, infedility, and consequences in a semi-serious way.

after a few priliminary chapters, it seems like the sex is merely a backdrop to a larger struggle of two people to come to terms with reality as it is now and not as they had known it years ago, when the had some deep happiness,,,

it is obvious that what holds them together, more than any thing else is their daughter. the love they had for one another was long shattered; despite Bill's yearning, it is a yearning for a Sarah he knew once many years ago; this woman who is no longer part of his daily life is not that woman.

the sad thing is, Sarah herself realizes the same thing; that she IS NOT the Sarah Bill once loved deeply and would die for. the few times he looked at her, when their daughter's not in the proximity, ought to have told her that that was the case, that this Bill was no longer the one who adored her back then.

that's the "basis" they have in common these days. starting with a stranger may be more productive. Bill will regret his decision if he, IN REAL LIFE, were to get back with Sarah. And Sarah knows, DEEP DOWN, she will never be trusted or loved as she once was, so perhaps it is better for her, too, to find another life partner and start from scratch,,,,,,,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
stop?

Why? There are so many lines that could be investigated here. Nothing has been finished, necessarily! I think this should continue.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Good writing

Enjoying the story, looking forward to the conclusion.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Well written story, but end it here

Scary that I agree completely with Harry. Sarah behaved completely selfishly and crapped all over her supposed best friend and husband and never once thought of the effects on her only daughter. The only reason he's even speaking with her is because of the daughter. He's better off going to eHarmony or Match.com and finding somebody who shares his interests and values and going on with his life.

<p> Thank you Josephus for your frank and insightful comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Is this building to a reconciliation-at-all-costs.

..ending? Here we are at Chapter 7 where the first 5 was her affair, the discovery of the affair and Sarah getting it. Chapter 6 was Bill's story but I thought Sarah had her say in Chapter 5. So is Chapter 8 the reconciliation?_____

I am sorry but Sarah killed the marriage with her actions not Jacques' actions. This notion that there is only one person one can love is silly especially if Bill is the successful loving person that every woman thinks is a "catch." If that is the case then every person who dies young leaves their one true love alone to live in misery._____

The best end to this series is for Sarah to forgive herself (because Bill forgives her at this point) and find someone she can be true to having learnt her lesson. Bill needs to find someone else to spend his life with thereby sparing himself from never being sure whether Sarah will stray again. And together Sarah and Bill can finish raising their daughter. Another author had the husband character while asking whether it is better to have a life of regrets or suspicion chose regrets._________

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
It needs closure

Reconciliation or not it needs closure. I am not a divorce always or am a a rconciliation always but they need a ending. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Enjoyable story

Quite a relief that there wasn't a reconciliation after Sarah's year long betrayal. Just too much to forgive. Sarah was just a selfish person dedicated to her own self-interest and Bill deserves a fresh start with a woman he can fully trust

louguy35louguy35over 16 years ago
We keep waiting!!!

When this story is comleted, I will be able to give it a 100 score...but not until it is finished. It definitely needs closure! I agree with Anonymous in Virginia. To leave the story hanging is not a mark of a good author.<p>

We have been waiting a long time for the finish. In answer to the question from an SOL reader, you indicated that you had a draft of two chapters that would finish the story. What is the hold-up? You do neither the story nor yourself a favor by unnecessarily delaying it for so long.<p>

Please remember your readers and do not leave them, or the story, hanging in the lurch.<p>

Have a good day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
FICTION?

Very well written. It kept my attention through all seven chapters. Although, I'm a romantic at heart and read these stories hoping the two will overcome all obstacles and get back together, even when the offense is this severe, I don't see it happening at this point in their recovery or should I say Bill's recovery. I guess that's why I like fiction for "the against all odds" happy ending. This is more like true life. Some mistakes can not be corrected or forgiven even when the people involved wish it could be so. Very sad, but that is the mark of a good author. The ability to evoke or elicit strong feelings from their readers. May I say you definately succeeded, albeit a little too close to home. As usual, FINE WORK

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoover 16 years ago
Will you write a "final ending" to this tale?

I have just re-read all of the chapters of this tale, after reading them as you originally submitted them. I really enjoy your writing and would love to read a "final chapter" - - set, perhaps another 3 or 4 years down the road.

Thanks again for writing and submitting.

Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Andrew I know you write fiction but you have to

have some insight into how women think. I knew a woman that was married to a friend. She gave him the same bs that sarah gave Bill. It would make her a better wife and by having sex with another men/men that it made her a better woman. She couldn't understand how her husband was so blind that he didn't understand her position. The wife finally talked to me about it and I told her pretty much the same as Bill told Sarah except that I did say that women are nothing but sluts and they were pre disposed to fuck around. The same woman had been giving me shit because i wasn't married. I told her that the reason that i wans't married and would most likely never be again was that most women were just like she was They were sluts. They had the morals of an alley cat. She got very angry and told her husband that I insulted her. The husband asked me about what I had said and I told him verbatim. He became angry that I had basically called his wife a slut. Mind you this is the woman that had cheated for several years on her husband. It almost went to fighting because he had some misguided sense of protecting his wife's honor from me. I got pissed then and beat the crap out of him. I told him that he and I were no longer friends and that i would never be a friend to a wimp pussy boy. He even tried to get everyone angry at me. Now I thought at what was taking place. The man and wife were about to divorce over her infedility. Now they were making me the bad guy. I told everyone that I simply told the wife what i thought in response to what she had said to me in trying to get me on her side. I ended up having to sue the couple for things they had said about me to others. Defamination of character. and libel. I pushed the law suit viciously and won. So after all this time the couple that were getting divorced because the wife was a cheating slut were now ordered to pay out a very large sum of money for dissing me to all my friends. I got a sheriff to attach their house , their car and their belongings because they would not pay the court ordered judgment. I literally threw them out in the street with out a car. I disposed of the property quickly where there was no chance of them ever getting it back. I had gotten even with a cheating wife even thought she wasn't mine. I loved it so much that over the next few years I made three suck lawsuits against women that said pretty much the same as what the first one had done. I have come to the conclusion that men who marry women are nuts just like the womasn is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I don't care

I don't care if the story goes on for awhile so

long as it remains so interesting and the chapters

are closer together. You are a very fine writer.

Thanks for all the enjoyment.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Nothing new.

Still 4 stars.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
IS IT TIME FOR THE REAPING

after the pseudo-payback for the pain caused. TK U MLJ LV NV ps/ why did you cut off comments after ch.5

PhotoproffPhotoproffabout 11 years ago
Great works for this chapter.

I really like how this chapter is written about feelings of both Sarah, Jennifer and Bill. There is strong insight into all of their feelings. More so for Sarah but also for Bill. I, as a wannabe writer wouldn't change a thing. There is pain, heartache, love and the combination leaves me wanting more.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoying it

thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Finally Came Out

She did this because "Bill didn't praise my looks as often as he had when we first fell in love." It ends up being his fault that she went out and fucked another guy. This seems to be the bullshit reason that a lot of women cheat on their husband. Pure Bullshit.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good

Now she sees the light. Just a common whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For once we get to see just what the wife feels after she gets caught fucking her lover...we know what her pain is...because she tells us all about...I like this author...we get to see the whole story here...and that's a lot more than most other authors do....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some of your best writing.

argomez99argomez9910 months ago

Ladies and gentlemen, THERE IS NO SUCH THING as a Martian slut ray!! There is only this: "I also started to understand that yes, I did love Bill, and had always loved him, but hadn't always shown it. Clearly I'd put my love for him on the back burner, figuring it would always be reciprocated when I brought it out again."

Excellent introspection!!

Pappy7Pappy74 months ago

Uh Oh, RAAC here we come. Not warranted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous