Best of Castle Pt. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Martha added, "I know."

The next morning he arrived at the precinct with two coffees. She took one, smiled, "Thank you."

"Did you get any sleep?"

She stared up at him, "Not much."

"You're not in this alone, I'm here.

She gave him a weak smile, "I know." She reached out and squeezed his hand.

They traced the DNA on the gun that killed their thief and it was a match to the DNA that was found on a rifle. The rifle that was used to shoot Kate last year.

She looked at the report, "No leads for eleven months, and now this." She looked up to Javi, "Does Gates know?"

He shook his head, "No."

"Then we don't tell her. If she finds out this is a match my my shooting, she'll take me off the case."

Castle spoke up, "Maybe you should be off the case. They tried to kill you once, Kate. You keep going on this, they.... What's to stop them from trying again?"

"What's to stop them now? No, I've been waiting a year for this. And I'll be damned if I let someone else screw it up."

She walked away and Kevin turned to Esposito, "Hey, Javi. Man, this just feels wrong. We need to tell Gates."

He stepped over to Kevin, "Why? So she can send Beckett home? You think that's gonna work? You think that's gonna stop her? She's gonna investigate this case,Kevin, whether she's on it or not. The least we can do is make sure that we have her back."

Castle knew now he had to get hold of Smith and find out what changed. He was at his desk at the loft and he received a phone call. It was Mr. Smith, "I think you know why I'm calling, Mr. Castle."

He sat back, "It's you. Thank God. What the fuck is going on? Why did they break into Montgomery's place?"

He tried to calm Rick, "Most likely it

s a clean-up job. Making sure that Montgomery had nothing else incriminating in his files. As long as Beckett drops the investigation, we still hold all the cards."

Castle knew her better, "No, she's already onto the shooter. She's not gonna let go."

Smith replied, "Then we have a problem. If she doesn't stop, they will retaliate. Now, I can't control they situation if you can't control her.." He hung up.

Beckett wouldn't let it go and they found the killer on a surveillance video. And she was tasting the end, but she couldn't find him through normal means.

Esposito found a key chain in his hands that tracked him to East-way Car Rentals.

Castle showed up at her apartment to try and stop her. She told Castle about the key chain.

He tried to throw her off the scent, "That could be any one of a thousand cars."

"I know, it's a needle in a haystack, but at least it's a haystack, and they keep most of their licenses on file."

He had to stop her, "Kate...."

She continued, cutting him off, "Yeah, he's probably using a fake ID, but we should be able to narrow it down from the...."

He raised his voice, "KATE!"

"What's wrong?"

He walked closer to her, and he cleared his throat, "You have to stop. This investigation, you have to stop."

She stared up at him, "Castle, we already talked about this. I'm fine. I'm in control."

He shook his head, "No, you're not. They are. And if you don't stop, they WILL kill you, Kate."

She continued to stare up at him, "What are you talking about?"

He took a deep breath,"Before Montgomery went into that hanger, he sent a package to someone, someone he trusted. It contained information damaging to the person behind all this. Montgomery was trying to protect you, but the package didn't arrive until after you'd been shot. Montgomery's friend struck a deal with them." She continued to stare at him, but her smile disappeared and she swallowed hard, but continued to listen, "If they left you alone, that package and the information inside would never see the light of day. But they made one condition, you had to back off. And that's the reason you're alive, Kate. Because you stopped."

She was upset, "How do you know this?"

He bit his lips, "In order for the deal to work, someone had to make sure you weren't pursuing it."

"Are you a part of this?"

"I was just trying to keep you safe"

She turned and walked away. She turned and she was livid, "By lying to me about the most important thing in my life?"

"That lie was the only thing that was protecting you."

She raised her voice, "Castle, I didn't need protection, I needed a lead. And you sat on it for a year. Now, who is this person? How do I find him?"

He looked down, "He's a voice on a phone. He's a shadow in a parking garage."

She was stared at him with venom in her eyes, "You met with him? How do you know that he's not behind my mom's murder? How can you know that he's not involved? And how the hell could you do this?"

He had to tell her, "Because I love you. But you already know that, don't you? You've known for about a year."

She wet her lips, "Are you kidding me? You're actually bringing this up right now? After you told me that you just betrayed me?"

He rolled his head about, Kate, listen to me...."

She yelled back, "LISTEN TO YOU? Why should I listen to you? How am I even supposed to trust anything that you say?"

Now he was mad, "How are you.... Because of everything we've been through together!" He began yelling, "Four years, I've been right here! Four years, just waiting for you to just open your eyes and see that I'm right here! And I'm more than a partner. Every morning, I bring you a cup of coffee just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating person I've ever met. And I love you, Kate, and if that means anything to you, if you care about me at all, just don't do this."

She listen, but didn't really hear, "If I care about you, Castle? You cut a deal for my life like I was some kind of a child. My life. Mine. You don't get to decide."

He stepped closer, "You keep going with this, they're gonna decide. They're gonna come after you, Kate."

"Let them come! They sent Coonan and he is dead. They sent Lockwood, and he is dead. And I am still here, Castle. And I am ready!"

He was getting really pissed, "READY FOR WHAT? To die for your cause? This isn't a murder investigation, anymore, Kate. They've turned it into a war."

She glared at him, "If they want a war, then I will bring them a war, straight to their doorsteps."

He looked around, "Well, I guess there's just nothing I can say, is there? Okay! Yeah, you're right, Kate. It is your life. You can throw it away if you want, but I'm not gonna stick around and watch you, so this is over! I'm done!" He turned and left her apartment.

He returned to his loft, he was distraught. He knew Beckett was going to go at it head first and it wouldn't end well. He loved her too much to be there to see it. He knew he had to move on, but knew it would be nearly impossible. He saw Alexis cap and gown hanging in his study.. He ran his fingers through the tassel.

Alexis came up behind him, "Is everything okay?"

He turned and lied to her, "Yeah, fine. How's the speech coming?"

She was excited, "I have watched or read every graduation address ever written and compiled all the best advise into one speech. And then I read it out loud, and guess what I sounded like? A pompous ass. I'm eighteen years old. What the fuck do I know?"

He stared into her gorgeous eyes and he felt a stirring in his loins, but he pushed them away. He knew she was nervous and confused. He drew her into his embrace, "Hey, look, everything you know, everything you will know is what's true for you."

She pulled her head away from his chest and stared up at him with those bright translucent blue eyes. She licked her bee strung lips, "All I know is everything's changing. Everything's going to be different. And I'm scared."

He drew her back slightly and looked down at her, "Of what?"

In a scared whisper she replied, "Moving on."

He pulled her back into his arms and whispered back., "Write about that. That feels true."

Beckett went to see her mother's grave and she was hyped-up. She raced back to the precinct and Javi looked up at her, Where's Castle?" She spat out, "He's off the team. So what do we have?"

Javi went over what they had and found that the killer, a man named Maddox rented the car and his description matches the guy in the video. His car has GPS tracking and we tracked it to the lower east side, to a one-block radius.

Beckett was going in head first, just like Castle predicted, "Let's move, Esposito, you're coming with me."

Kevin tried stopping them, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you doing? You want to do this, you do it right. You put a team on that car, and you bring backup with you."

Beckett wasn't having any of that,"Ryan, this whole thing started because of a group of corrupt cops. How do you know there aren't more out there? We're about an inch away from catching this guy, and I'm not gonna blow it by advertising our next move."

Kevin wasn't buying her excuses, "With all due respect, this guy put a bullet in your heart, and then he disappeared into the ether. You cannot go in there unprepared."

Beckett was getting upset, "Unprepared? I've been preparing for this for the past 13 years." She turned and walked away. Javi turned to follow her.

Kevin called out, "Hey, Javier. Man, don't let her do this. It's too big of a risk."

Javi looked back, "It's all good, bro. We got this." He left to go with Beckett.

Back at the loft, Rick called to Martha, "Come on, we don't want to miss her speech." He looked to his watch, "Or her entire graduation"

She called out from upstairs, "I'm almost ready."

His cell went off and he looked to it. It was an incoming call from the 12th. precinct. He rejected it and put his cell away. He was done.

Javi and Beckett went to Maddox's hotel room. He wasn't there and on the table were all of Montgomery's files. Kate picked them up and turned and Maddox was there. He whipped her around and slammed her against the wall. Javi turned and knocked him down.

Maddox took off and Kate went after him. He headed for the rooftop and she chased him. On the roof, he came up behind her and disarmed her. He was good at hand to hand fighting and blocked her every move.

She was gasping for air as she knelt there, "Just tell me who is behind this?"

He stared at her, "You're wasting your time, Detective. You have no idea what you're up against."

She gritted her teeth, "Neither do you." She charged him again, and he fought her off. He whipped her around and she flew off the side of the building. She hung there by her fingertips.

Maddox came to the edge and stared down at her, "Actually, we know exactly who we're up against." He turned and left her hanging there, knowing she couldn't hold on for long. He knew from the photos it was Smith and he was going after the files.

She tried hanging on. She yelled out, "HELP! Oh, God!" One hand slipped off, "NO! Not like this, come on." Her feet scrambled, but she couldn't hold on, Come on, no!" She looked down and she knew it was the end. She whispered out, "Castle."

All of a sudden a man's voice called out, "Beckett!"

She yelled out, "CASTLE!"

The voice called again, "Beckett!"

She was barely holding on, "Castle, I'm here! NO!" Her fingertips slipped off, but a hand caught her wrist and pulled her up to safety. It was Kevin Ryan who saved her, not Castle. She stared at Kevin, "Castle? He shook his head no. She looked up and standing there behind Kevin was Captain Gates.

They returned to the precinct and they were in Gates' office and she was screaming at Kate and Javier, "Withholding evidence lying to a superior officer? What you did dishonors this city and dishonors the badge. Not only are you off this investigation, I'm putting you both on administrative leave, effective immediately."

Kate replied, "Sir..."

Gates cut her off, "Don't you "sir" me. You don't deserve to wear the uniform. Now hand over your badges and guns."

Javi took his off and in disrespect, tossed them onto her desk.

Gates looked to Kate, "Detective Beckett?"

Kate tossed her gun onto the desk and stared at her badge, she stared back at Gates and tossed it onto the desk, "Keep it! I resign!" She turned and left the office. She packed up her belongings, she turned and looked around and left the twelfth precinct.

Kevin watched her leave. He turned to Esposito, "Javi, I had to."

Javi ignored him got his coat and left too.

Back at the high school, Castle sat and listened to Alexis give her speech and as she finished it, she gave her dad a tiny wave.

Castle was extremely proud of her and he returned to his place. He got a call from Alexis who was going to her party, "No, Alexis, I'll be fine. I've got a thousand cable channels, I got my Xbox. You have fun. And I will not worry about you until lunchtime tomorrow. I love you too." He hung up and placed her graduation tassel of the lampshade in his office.

Beckett was distraught. She had nowhere to go. She went out to the playground near her place and sat on the swings in the pouring rain. she didn't know where to turn to.

Castle was staring at his daughter's tassel, smiling at her accomplishments and he got a call. He looked at it and it was Beckett calling. His smile quickly disappeared. He rejected the call and dropped his cell to the table. He picked up his remote and turned it on. On the screen was a picture of Beckett. He pressed on her picture and her entire murder board appeared. He pressed on the Beckett file and dragged it to the trash bin and he deleted the file. He let out a deep breath, he was finished with her once and for all.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, he turned and went to it. He opened the door and standing there was a drenched Kate Beckett. His face turned to stone and in a gruff voice called out, "Beckett, what do you want?"

She stared back at him and said one word, "You." She made a lunge for him and he stepped back to escape her, but she followed and planted a kiss on his lips that caught him off-guard.

She had her forehead on his and she whispered, "I'm so sorry, Castle. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

She kissed him again, but he grabbed her by her arms and held her at arms length. "What happened?"

She threw her wet hair back and stared up at him, "He got away, and I didn't care. I almost died, and all I could thing about was you. I just wanted you." She made a move to kiss him with an open mouth, but he didn't budge. Her fingers went to his cheek and he suddenly sprang towards her.

They met against his closed door in a torrid kiss. He kissed her, his hands were all over her wet clothes and his mouth went for her long, graceful neck. He tore off her jacket and slowly began to unbutton her black, dress shirt. He got the first two buttons undone and he saw the point on her chest where the bullet entered her body.

She drew back and they kissed again. Kate parted her lips and her tongue danced against his. Her fingers entwined with his and pulling back, the two of them headed to his bedroom.

They reached the bedroom and Kate continued kissing Castle. Her hands were all over him at once. He was so excited. He waited four years for this and wasn't going to let it be a one time and over. He moved his mouth from hers and worked at the remaining buttons on her blouse. He tugged it off of her and before she could react, he was on her. His lips, mouth, tongue and hands were caressing every inch of her upper body. He sucked at the tender flesh just below her ear and he heard her release a low, throaty groan.

Kate planted her hands in his chest and pushed, "Wait, wait, Castle. You're going too fast and I need a shower. After everything that happened today, I feel filthy. I need a shower, if we are doing this and I am sure as fuck that we are, I want to be clean so the both of us can get down and dirty."

He chuckled, "Well, Kate, take your time, I just took a nice long shower before going to Alexis' graduation. I'll be here, you can count on it, ready, willing and able."

She reached down and cupped his swollen shaft, "Oh I can see that. I've heard so much about just how large you are. I'm dying to find out for myself. Just hold on a little while longer and I swear, you won't be disappointed."

He kissed her lightly, "You couldn't do that, even if you tried, now get your ass in there or I'm never letting you go. He slapped her playfully in her wet ass. Her slacks were sticking to her from the heavy rain outside."

She scampered off, giggling as she went. He went to the other bathroom, brushed his teeth and checked his deodorant. He returned to the bedroom popped a little blue pill, even though he didn't need it. He knew he wouldn't last long the first go-round and wanted this to go on and on and on. He was sure to last as long as needed, taking one of those miracle pill. He stripped off all of his clothes and climbed into bed. He lowered the lights and turned on some soothing mood music. He usually had something a little more upbeat when he fucked, but tonight, he was making love, well maybe a little of both.

Beckett was in the shower for nearly fifteen minutes. She loved the multiple shower heads and the hot steamy water. She made a mental note to bring him in here before long so they could make love in here too. She made sure to clean herself and while doing so, she got excited, thinking about Castle, out in the bedroom waiting for her.

She finally got out, dried off and finding a hair dryer, she used it to dry her locks. She looked in the mirror and saw a sexy, wild haired brunette staring back at her. She took a deep breath, "It's now or never Beckett. You made the first move, throwing yourself at him, now lets see how he responds."

She wrapped one of the large fluffy towels about her perky breasts and tied it under her armpit. She took a deep breath and opened the door and came out of the bathroom. She struck a pose. She saw him on the bed with just a sheet covering his torso. She approached the bed and waited for him to speak.

His eyes traveled up and down her briefly covered body, "Kate, you look so fucking hot. I like the hair all wild, it has that just fucked look."

She chuckled., "Oh Castle, not yet, but I'm hoping for that to change soon."

He reached out and grabbed hold of the bottom of the towel. He tugged at it and it came undone. It fluttered to the floor and he just sat there staring, "Oh Kate, why did it take so fucking long to come together. We wasted so much time."

She looked down at the sheet and saw a large tent by his lower body, "I don't know Rick. I think I was just to scared to be rejected. I know about your past and I was afraid I just may be used and thrown away." She smiled, "Looks like something down there is liking what it sees."

He couldn't take his eyes off her naked form, "Oh Kate, I sure hope you have the energy to go all night, because we just might." He reached out for her and pulled her down to the bed, "Let's make up for lost time."

She covered his body with hers and let out a tiny moan, "Mmm, sounds perfect to me. What did you have in mind?" She let out a shriek when he rolled her over onto her back and the sheet fell away from his naked body. She wiggled about, settling her head on the plush pillows behind her. Her unruly hair spread out around her head. She bit her lip and her eyes closed as she saw is head dip between her legs and came in contact with her fleshy, already moist pussy. Her chest rose and fell quickly and she reached up and clutched at her firm, high-standing tits. She groaned out, "Oh Castle, suck it, suck my pussy, please."

His eyes widened as he lowered his head and planted his lips directly over her fleshy lips. He heard her gasp, "Oh fuck, that feels so good, don't stop." He wasn't about to stop.

Kate squeezed her tits harder and rolled her nipples as he licked, lapped and nuzzled her sensitive pink flesh.