All Comments on 'Best Served Cold'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 241 Comments (Page 3)
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 month ago

He got what he deserved!

5

Craig1878Craig1878about 1 month ago

I sure as hell didn't see that ending coming. Well done, Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story, but the revenge is only fully revenge if Devon KNOWS his son isn’t really his, biologically.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice twist. would have been satisfying to hear his wifes thoughts a ways down the line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I will never understand the trope that has the AP deserving more burning than the slut. It doesn't make any sense. The treacherous backstabber in all these stories is the wife. NOT her lover. He didn't exchange any vows to commit for life to the cuck. In most cases, he doesn't even know the dude. And yet, compared to what the wife gets, they always get the brunt of the supposed revenge in these.

Is it some primitive bullshit that makes authors focus on the dude instead of the slut woman? Don't they realize women actually have accountability and they are 100% responsible for their fucking around. In this story, she even admits she came on to him like a bitch in heat. It really makes no sense

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 1 month ago
Stupid

It's only revenge if the other person knows what you did.

So no complaints to the college the wife went to and the dude graduated from???

That would have actually been revenge.

She would have been fired and he would have been expelled and neither would have been able to get another job at a college.

Just another weak cuck story written by a closet cuck with no writing talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Why wasn’t arsehole Devon completely physically destroyed? Then tell the cunt he is raising another man’s child. For u a shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I can tell the anonymous commenter from 2 days ago that started his comment with ( I will never understand) is obviously ok with sleeping with married women. Cuz only a disrespectful dog would think that the one sleeping with someone married is an innocent person. What a dildo.

😂😂

5 stars for the story. Loved the revenge 👍👍

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 month ago

Liked it, plot was along usual lines, but this story was well written, a commentator below was right when they said revenge has to be known by both parties for it to be good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thank you for the story. I liked it, but the ending is so weak. And sad really. What kind of a man, also already a father, would father a child and let someone else raise it for revenge? And spend next decades knowing the child will never know him. Who is he actually hurting with this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Missed the wrap-up with the cheating wife though. More details on her subsequent misery would have made it better.

Lkin4frndsLkin4frndsabout 1 month ago

Wow, didn’t see that coming! Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A pretty lackluster revenge when Devon won't know and besides why would Ava marry him after seeing that? And Tally was a caricature of a person.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 month ago

Wow, Hook, I know you were going for a dramatic ending, but giving away your child and calling it an act of revenge? That's one twisted character you created! Set up your alibi and then go after the young asswipe again, but give him your child? No fucking way! Your storytelling is top-notch, but this is a darkness I didn't expect from you. I guess that is a compliment on your creativity, but damn, Dude!

ImshakenImshakenabout 1 month ago

4 stars. It was 5 stars till MC gave up his unborn child to be raised by a lowlife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

And the revenge is exactly what? Turning into a bastard who doesn't care about who raises his baby? Plain stupid. What about the wife? Revenge on her?m Plain stupid,

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

This was Darwinistic revenge. Devon got cuckolded and will be raising another man's child as his own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not to take anything away from Hooked's effort but best revenge story in the last year is Pawn's Gambit - by a country mile.

MorbidromanticMorbidromanticabout 1 month ago

Does this author believe that readers can relate to or sympathize with the main character? I think he ends up being as much of a bad person as his nemesis. I prefer stories with likable characters.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

It’s only revenge if Devon finds out and has his nose rubbed in it. That’s true revenge, a revenge that’s lived.

Still 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Love the author, but this sucked. Needs a solid editor!!!

Anyone can proof read (well at least some can) but a really good (book-type) editor prevents junk.

The story seems clever, but discerning readers want a strong story throughout and characters that they can care about.

I hope the author takes the negative criticism to heart.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

I am for a dish served cold and gave this a grade of 5.

The only objection to the story is the life created by revenge is not right on any level.

Devon shall never know?? So, why is it revenge to Devon.

It's only self satisfaction.

Devon should pay a very large price

Rwslacker48Rwslacker4829 days ago

Revenge will be complete when Devon finds out. Wait until divorce because you know he will do this again.

NitpicNitpic27 days ago
Not

It is not revenge unless Devon finds out.What happened to Tally?

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Love it. Needs another chapter where he sends Devon a message congratulating him on the birth of HIS son. Let the asshole figure out what that means. Need to find out what happens to the cunt wife also.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

I skipped the adulterous sex, since that leaves me, yes "cold". Otherwise, a good story. Could be improved by a little more Karma on the slut. What a fucking evil bitch. No guilt at all. Wouldn't surprise me if she hadn't been fucking around on him their whole marriage. Glad he had a good friend to clue him in. We owe each other this service. Wouldn't you want to know if you were being cheated on?

Fjmax6Fjmax624 days ago

What happen to the slut Tally? Devon does need to know his child is not his and it is Steve's but only if it does not harm Ava or the child.

ImshakenImshaken24 days ago

So Stephan would abandon his child, his son, and allow him to be raised by a person like Devon? I get that MC detests Devon and wants revenge. But leaving your kid to be raised by someone you so strongly hate seems so wrong to me. That's why only 4 stars for an otherwise interesting story.

Psychman24Psychman2423 days ago

Devon will find out at some point. Since he is a player he will eventually get divorced and may find out then if his wife wants revenge. Or when blood tests or genetic testing is done at some point, and this is more and more common now. Wife really went thru some kind of midlife crisis thing, and on impulse throws her marriage away. If she doesn't get into therapy now she is headed for a pathetic existence not that anyone cares

wasagadavewasagadave22 days ago

Great writing. Too bad Tally couldn't quit; she might've saved her marriage. I enjoy the thought of sharing; no cheating involved.

Well done. 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Good not great

Great would have been the ex-wife suffering a lot, enormous lot

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

What happened to “wifey slut”? And why didn’t he go to the college, and blow the door open on their relationship? 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Irrational and stupid. Yet it somehow scored high so colour me surprised...

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah16 days ago

This story was chock-full of loathsome characters, yet I was unable to look away for some reason.

Tally hit the Ladyboner Lotto and lost all sense of propriety. It happens. She claimed to still love her husband, which also can happen, I guess, but he was nowhere near the top of her list. Tally saw him as an obstruction, someone to be lied to and manipulated while she explored her new career as an organ grinder, taking narcissism to stratospheric heights.

This was a marriage made somewhere, just not in heaven.

Devon was a skunk of a completely different odor. At first I had him tagged as another morally insolvent opportunist, but he also possessed a darker element. Like a snake that could be agitated into pursuing an antagonist who cornered it. Creepy.

I had sympathy for Stephen until he pulled that stunt with Ava and her for going along. To use a child in that fashion boggled my mind. I don’t even want to consider his quality of life growing up.

Two of my favorite elements in a LW story are the tension and drama provided by discovery and confrontation of infidelity. In that regard this was a virtuoso performance.

Farewell from this steamy bayou rife with vipers, where love is hiding from ICE because it’s Visa has expired. Until next time.

OlefishermanOlefisherman16 days ago

Revenge isn't revenge unless the other person knows at some point. It's just a thing with no meaning except to two people. Thre one that deserves the pain never receives it. Then in the case of a child he can return it in spades. First fraud, false birth certificate or public document, in some states perjury, 2 to 5. Second, backchild support unknown amount . Failure to pay,jail or prison. It's not a civil judgment in some states it's restitution for fraud.

Schwanze1Schwanze110 days ago

Poe agreed w olefisherman.

I'm not letting this asshole raise my kid.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

It's not really revenge as Devon doesn't know what happened. Nor does Tally. Ava shouldn't come out of this scot free either. She wasn't worried about Devon fucking a married woman or ruining a marriage just that he said sex with Tally was the best ever. The story just left me feeling unsatisfied it wasn't a reconciliation as there was no chance of that nor was it a burn as the three other characters really didn't lose out although Tally did the most. But I'm sure she used her killer body to get a new man pretty quickly. The MC came across as a bit weak to me. BardnotBard

brownlabbrownlab5 days ago

Thank you for sharing. I truly enjoyed the story and the twist would love a follow up on where they all are 18 years later?

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Just another middle aged woman who goes through a midlife crisis. I highly doubt she will find another “ sucker” to marry her. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous