Best Spring Ever Ch. 11 - Epilogue

Story Info
What happened to Dennis and Hilda afterward.
11.2k words
4.75
12.8k
23

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/27/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DocWords
DocWords
3,321 Followers

Dear Readers,

I considered doing a follow-up series to 'Best Spring Ever,' but decided against it in order to work on some other ideas. That left me with the feeling that the story was incomplete. I needed more closure on it and opted to write this epilogue. If you didn't read the rest of the series, this will make little or no sense to you.

It isn't like the rest of the story. Sex has a much less significant role here. It's about the people. Specifically, Hilda and Dennis, and what happened to them.

Thank you for reading my stories. I do enjoy your comments. Even the 'go hang yourself' ones.

DocWords

*****

Best Spring Ever - Epilogue

Richard had spent a long hard day at the office and was glad to finally be home. He came in the front door and put his briefcase on the table, then walked into the kitchen. His wife, Hilda, was on her knees sucking her teenage lover, as he leaned back against the kitchen counter, enjoying it.

"Hi Richard," Dennis said.

"Hey, Dennis. Hi, Honey," Richard replied, smiling.

She pulled off and turned to her husband. "How was your day, Sweetheart?"

"Shitty. How was yours?"

"Mine was good. The girls and I went shopping, and after we got back, Dennis dropped by. Let me finish and I'll come and take care of you," she said, turning back to Dennis.

"Are the girls home?" Richard asked.

"They're in Lina's room," Dennis replied.

"Lina, Gretchen," their father called.

Both girls walked into the kitchen a moment later. "Hi Daddy," Lina said, as she walked over and gave him a kiss. Gretchen kissed him too.

"You taste like pussy, Gretchen," her father told her.

"I was eating Lina."

"The women in this household are insatiable. Can one of you girls help your dear old father out with this hard on?"

Gretchen knelt quickly and pulled down his pants. She had him in her mouth immediately. Lina knelt beside her, but Gretchen playfully nudged her away with her shoulder.

"Mom, Gretchen won't share Dad's cock with me," Lina complained.

"Gretchen, share with your sister," her mother replied.

Lina and Gretchen shared sucking their father. Dennis came in Hilda's mouth a few minutes later. After wiping her mouth then having a drink of water, she walked to her husband. Hilda leaned forward to kiss him, smiling.

"After you brush, honey," he said, making a disgusting face.

"Oh, sorry. I wasn't thinking," she replied, seriously, and left the room. Richard rewarded his daughters with a creamy mouthful a few minutes later, just as Hilda returned to the room. "All brushed," she said, and bent down then kissed her husband.

"Babe, you know I enjoy watching you and Dennis but the idea of sharing his cum nauseates me."

"I know, honey. I'm sorry. It was thoughtless."

"Daddy, you don't mind tasting yours," Lina said.

"That's different. I'm just not into guys."

"Dad, you should try it. Dennis doesn't taste like vitamins like you do," Gretchen added.

Richard looked at Hilda. "Do I taste bad?"

"Not bad, honey. You taste like vitamins. Yours is probably healthier," his wife replied.

"When you drink gin, you can taste that too," Lina said.

"Any other issues with my cum?" he asked, sarcastically.

Sensing the developing tension in the room, Dennis spoke. "Folks, I'm going to head out," he said, as he quickly left the kitchen and out the front door.

"Richard, is there something on your mind?" Hilda asked.

"I'm sorry, it's just been a tough day," he replied.

"Dinner is in the oven. How about after dinner I give you a nice massage and some lovin'?" his wife asked.

"Or we could all three massage and love on you," Lina offered.

"Will Dennis be here?" Richard asked.

"No, honey. He's never here on weeknights between seven and ten. Your rule, remember?"

"Yeah, I forgot," he said, dejectedly.

"Honey, something's wrong. Talk to me, please?"

"After dinner, okay?"

"Okay. Can I fix you a drink before dinner?"

"Gin and tonic." Richard hesitated. "Scratch that. Is there anything I can drink that doesn't fuck up my cum?"

Lina looked at her father, teared, then left the room. Gretchen followed her.

"Richard, she didn't mean it like that," Hilda said.

"Yeah, well fuck the vitamins too!" Richard snapped, then left the room.

*****

Dinner was unusually quiet, and after finishing the meal, Richard walked out the front door and left without saying a word.

"Mom, is Dad upset about something?" Gretchen asked.

"There's something going on. I'll talk to him when he gets home."

"Did you guys have a fight?" Lina asked.

"No. The only thing I can think of is the comments about the taste of his cum and my thoughtless attempt to kiss him. Give us some space when he comes back. We'll clear it up."

Richard returned home just before ten. The girls were in their rooms and Hilda was lying in bed reading. He showered and joined her in bed but hadn't said a word.

"Richard, talk to me please."

"Hilda, I'm really tired."

He turned and gave her a peck on the cheek then turned his back to her to sleep. Hilda put her book on the table and turned off the light. She laid there quietly for several minutes before Richard sat up on the side of the bed. She turned to him and put her hand lovingly on his back.

"The only time I can get a hard on is when I'm watching you fuck or suck Dennis."

"When did that start?"

"I realized it about two weeks ago, but it's been going on for about a month now."

"Are you sure that's it? Have you had your blood pressure checked?"

"I went to the clinic today. The doctor gave me a prescription for sildenafil."

"Is that a blood pressure medicine?"

"Hilda, it's generic Viagra. My blood pressure, heart and labs were all normal. I'm only forty-three and I can't get a fucking boner unless my wife is fucking her boyfriend in front of me. This is fucked up."

"Richard, I'm your wife. There's no reason we can't go back to the way things were a few months ago. No more outsiders. Just you and me. I've told you that all along."

"Babe, I have five women available to me for sex pretty much anytime I want it, but unless you and Dennis are right there in front of me having sex, my cock doesn't work."

"How about I do my throat magic on it? That's always works." She reached around him and put her hand on his crotch. He was soft.

Richard moved her hand away. "Not tonight, Hilda. I went to see Julia and talked to her about it. I've also failed with Lina and Gretchen over the last month. Unless you and Dennis are there it just doesn't work."

"What'd Julia say about it?"

"She said to relax and be patient. Limit alcohol. Get my blood pressure checked and see the doctor. If that's all good, she'll start working with us if we want her to."

"Why have you waited so long to say something?"

"It's embarrassing and emotionally devastating when you realize you've been turned into a cuckold by your wife."

"You're not a damned cuckold!" Hilda barked. The cuckold comment really hurt.

He turned to her. "What would you call it?"

"You're a bit of a voyeur, but you aren't a cuckold. Richard, I love you. As of now my activities with the others, including Dennis, are over. If you want to continue with our girls, Debi, and Julia, I'm fine with that. I'm your wife and my body is yours whenever you want it."

She rolled over with her back to him. Hilda knew she sometimes overreacted to things but didn't feel this was one of those cases. He had just accused her of cuckolding him. Their marriage had been wonderful before she and Richard had lived out his fantasy of watching her with a young bull. It was his idea, and his fantasy. They had both loved it, and it quickly escalated into sex with their daughters and Dennis' mother and sister. No one was keeping secrets, and everyone was enjoying the status quo, until this. Dennis would be really hurt by her decision, but she had told him upfront that her loyalty was to her husband, first and foremost. He would understand. She also felt it was appropriate to allow Richard to continue with the sexual openness within their group. He wasn't being a cuckold. She would only be restricting her own activity. From this point forward, Richard would be her only lover.

*****

The next morning, Hilda was up early. She dolled up and wore a very sexy gown as she served him breakfast. He didn't pay any attention to her efforts and left for work after eating. She was disappointed but knew this might take some time.

Mid-morning, she called Dennis. He was working that day and they arranged to meet at the restaurant across the street from his work at one for lunch. She was waiting at a table outside when he walked up.

"Hello beautiful," he said, smiling.

"Hey, handsome," she replied, pointing to a seat.

They lived in a small town and when in public never made any gestures that indicated they were anything more than friends.

"This is a nice surprise. I don't think we've done a lunch before, have we?" Dennis asked.

"Not that I can remember. I ordered for us already. I hope you don't mind."

"No, that's fine. I only have a thirty-minute break."

"Dennis, Richard's having a problem."

"How can I help?"

"We have to quit seeing each other," she said, with a blank expression.

His smile faded. "Permanently?"

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"We talked about this before. I know he has to be your number one priority. I understand."

"You know I love you, don't you?" she asked.

"Hilda, it's okay. If this is how it must be, then so be it."

Hilda's eyes were tearing. "God, this is so hard."

"Hey, none of that. We both knew this day might come. You have a husband to take care of. That's what matters."

Lunch arrived and they ate quietly. Both picked at their food and after about fifteen minutes Dennis stood. "Thank you for lunch...and everything. I love you. Goodbye, Hilda." Dennis turned quickly and walked away.

"Goodbye, my love," she whispered, to the space where he had been. Hilda put money on table to pay, then hurriedly walked to her car as her tears poured from her eyes. By the time she reached her car, she was sobbing. She sat there until the worst had passed then drove home to her empty house. Hilda laid on the bed and cried herself to sleep.

Dennis returned to work and after being back about an hour, went to his supervisor. "Joe, something's come up. I'm going to have to quit."

"Sorry to hear that. When are you leaving?"

"Right now. Can you have them mail my check?"

"Sure, Dennis. Is there something you need to talk about?"

"No, Joe. Just something I need to do."

"Okay, but I want you to know I'm here for you if you need me."

"Thanks. I appreciate that."

They shook hands and Dennis drove to the AT&T store where he changed his cell phone number, and then drove home. His mother was with a client in her office. He left her a note that he would like to talk to her when she had a few minutes. Going to his room, he packed a bag, then loaded that along with his camping gear in his truck. His mother joined him in the garage a short while later.

"Going camping?" she asked.

"Yeah, I've wanted to do this for quite a while. I'm going to see some of the country before school starts. Any idea where Debi is?"

"She's with Lina and Gretchen at the lake for the day. Honey, is something wrong?"

"No, Mom. If I don't do this now it'll be four years before I get another chance."

"How long will you be away?"

"I'm not sure, a month maybe. I'll be back in plenty of time for school."

"You are taking your phone this time, aren't you?"

"I am. Debi would kick my butt if I ever left it behind again."

"So, would I. At least call Debi before you go."

"I will. I love you, Mom."

"I love you too. Be safe."

He held her for a long time then got in his truck and drove away. About a mile from home, he pulled off the road and called his sister. The call went to voicemail.

"Hey, Debi. It's me. I'm taking off for a while. This'll be my last chance for a long time to see some of the sights. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. This is my new number on your phone. Please give it to mom, but I don't want it given to anyone else. I love you."

Dennis turned off his phone and resumed his journey. It was about two hours later, on her way back from the lake, that Debi checked her phone. His message disturbed her. 'Why the sudden departure and change of phone numbers?' she wondered. Most surprising was why the secrecy of the new number. Debi knew her brother well enough to know this had to have something to do with Hilda. She called his number, and it went directly to voicemail.

"It's Debi. Call me, please."

When Debi got home, her mother was in the kitchen fixing dinner "Mom, what's up with Dennis?"

"He wants to do some sightseeing before school starts."

"No, it's more than that. He also changed his phone number and said to only give it to you and not share it with anyone else?"

Her mother turned and looked at her. Concern showed on her face. "Did you talk to him?"

"No, he left me a voicemail." Debi played it for her mother. "Mom, this has to have something to do with Hilda."

"Did you call him back?"

"Yeah, just a few minutes ago. It went to voicemail."

"Why don't you call Lina and see what you can find out."

Debi nodded then went to her room and called. "Lina, is your Mom okay?"

"She looks like she was crying earlier but didn't want to talk about it. Why?"

"I have a suspicion that something happened between her and Dennis. Let me know if you hear anything."

"Okay. Mom's calling us for dinner. I'll call you back later."

"Bye."

Debi took a shower then joined her mother in the kitchen. She tried calling Dennis again but only got his voicemail.

Lina joined her family in the dining room for dinner. Her mother and father both seemed more quiet than usual. Gretchen also picked up on it.

"Dad, how about after dinner we all jump in the bed for some playtime? You and mom both look like you could benefit from a little distraction," Gretchen asked.

"Girls, I'm not doing that anymore. I've decided it isn't right for me. You're more than welcome to take your dad with you," their mother said.

"Mom, what's up?" Lina asked.

"I've decided that I want to go back to a monogamous relationship with your father. It has nothing to do with you. Your father is still available to you. This affects only me."

"What about Dennis?" Lina asked.

"I won't be seeing Dennis anymore."

"Why? What happened?" Gretchen asked.

"Nothing happened. I've just decided that the lifestyle we've had this year isn't for me. That's all."

Both girls looked at their father. He hadn't looked up from the table. "Dad?" Lina said.

"What, honey?"

"What's going on?"

"Your mother made a decision about how she lives her life last night. It's her choice. Let's not give her any grief over it."

"So, let me get this straight," Gretchen began. "Mom is no longer in our little group, but Dad is?"

"Correct," their mother replied.

"Other than Mom not participating, nothing else has changed?"

"Also correct," Hilda repeated.

Both girls knew they hadn't gotten the whole story and that somehow their dad was involved in the decision. "Screw that! Sorry, Dad, as far as I'm concerned my parents are both off my list," Lina said.

"Ditto," Gretchen replied.

Both girls began clearing the table. Richard stood and stormed out of the room.

"Mom, did you already tell Dennis?" Lina asked.

"Yes, at lunch today."

They finished up with the kitchen and the girls left together and drove to Debi's house. Lina filled Gretchen in on the call earlier from Debi on the way. Debi was in her room when they arrived.

"Mom, has decided she's not into the sex thing anymore. She told Dennis today at lunch and us at dinner. Dad's still free to do all of us. Gretchen and I passed on the idea of continuing with Dad. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander," Lina told Debi.

"Did she say why?"

"No, just that it wasn't right for her. There's more to it though. Dad was pissy yesterday evening and they hardly spoke to each other at dinner tonight. What has Dennis said about it?"

"He left this afternoon to go camping for a month. I haven't been able to reach him."

Gretchen took out her phone and dialed his number, then after a moment, ended the call. "It's no longer in service."

"He changed his number," Debi said.

"What's the new number? I'll call him?"

"I'm not allowed to give it out, his orders."

"Fuck!" Gretchen said. "What the hell could have happened?"

"Let's talk to my mom." The three walked to Julia and filled her in on what they knew. "Any thoughts?"

"I suspect there was a communication issue between Richard and Hilda. Hilda decided to make changes in her life, which she has every right to do, and that's what we're seeing now."

"So, what can we do?" Lina asked.

"Stay out of it," Julia replied.

Julia was torn. What she and Richard had discussed was on a professional level. She had no right to discuss any of it with Hilda or anyone else. On the other hand, she was Hilda's friend and wanted to help. She hoped that Richard would get back in touch and then she would suggest that the three of them work on the issues.

*****

Dennis called his sister later that night.

"What the hell is going on?" Debi barked.

"Hello to you too," he replied.

"I'm sorry. What happened?"

"I decided to hit the road and see the sights for a while."

"Why?"

"Last chance for at least four years."

"What happened with Hilda?"

"She called it off."

"Why?"

"I don't know. She said Richard was having a problem."

"What problem?"

"Debi, she didn't say, and I didn't ask."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Tired of driving already, but fine."

"How about if I join you on your trip?" she asked.

"Ordinarily, I'd love that. Right now, I really need some alone time to clear my head."

"If you change your mind all you have to do is let me know. I'll come and join you."

"Okay. I love you, Debi."

"I love you too. Bye."

"Bye, sis."

Debi could hear the heartbreak in his words even though he hadn't expressed it. She hoped he would invite her soon but didn't think that would happen.

*****

Over the next week, the communication between Richard and Hilda declined. She initially offered herself to him regularly, but he seemed disinterested. They rarely spoke at all. Hilda spent most of her free time sitting alone on the back porch reading. Richard sat in the living room. Lina and Gretchen were miserable and decided they would go to the cabin to get away from them for a week. Debi had agreed to go with them.

The girls went to their mother. "Mom, Lina and I would like to talk to you and Dad together. Will you come to the living room?" Gretchen asked.

"Sure, I'll be right there." Hilda went to the kitchen and got herself a glass of wine before joining them. Richard was sitting in the recliner. Hilda chose a spot on the far end of the couch, as far away from her husband as the room allowed.

"Mom, will you at least sit where we can see both of you at the same time?" Gretchen asked. Hilda moved the other end of the couch. "Thank you. Mom, Dad, Lina and I are going to the cabin for a week or so. Being here is about as welcoming as a funeral parlor. I feel like I'm watching my parent's love for each other die right in front of me."

"Me too," Lina agreed. "I have no idea what started whatever this is, but it's clear to both of us that if you don't get it sorted out, you're both going to lose something that was once very special. It's not just affecting the two of you. It's killing us."

"Debi is going with us for the week. I know that somehow this situation involves Dennis. Julia helps people with sex and family issues. Please talk to her before you lose each other. We both love you and hate seeing you like this," Gretchen said, with tears in her eyes.

DocWords
DocWords
3,321 Followers