Besties

Story Info
Was Hannah responsible?
10.6k words
4.36
59.1k
59
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Something a little bit different from me. I got this story in my head and just had to write it. Originally it was much darker, but this is what came out as I wrote. Let me know what you think. Thanks, MrsIntJ for the editing.

****

Bob's car was in my driveway with him in the driver's seat. That wasn't a good sign. He wasn't normally a violent man, but I knew he would make an exception in this situation. I saw the fire of intense anger in his eyes the last time we met. Maybe he'd come to kill me? Or, maybe he would maim me and let me live out the rest of my life as an invalid. The last time I saw him, he said, and I quote, 'You don't EVER want to see me again.' His meaning was clear.

No, I wasn't Bob's wife. That was Nicole, my best friend. Bob wanted to kill me because he thought I was responsible for breaking up their marriage. Hell, I thought I was responsible for their breakup, so I understood his anger. Nicole thought it was her fault- but I knew better. I was the one who supplied the gunpowder and gave her the matches.

I parked on the street. I could see Bob just sitting in his car. He must have heard me pull up, but he hadn't turned around to look. I took the muted behavior as a really bad sign. I could see nothing good coming in the next few minutes, but I wasn't going to run. I got out of my car and stood. I could almost feel his hand around my neck as I contemplated my fate. I knew what was coming wasn't going to be pleasant, but I wasn't going to cower from the inevitable confrontation. Even if it might be my end.

****

My name is Hannah. I'm the strong one, the one who doesn't show fear even in situations where the outcome could be very bad. Nicole always said she liked that about me. I was her counterbalance. Me headstrong and fearless, her sensitive and caring. Me analytic and calculating, Nicole artistic and open.

We had always been thick as thieves. Nicole and Hannah, 'besties', we called ourselves. We met in junior high and became inseparable. We made a childhood promise, 'till death do us part' like we were married or something.

We did everything together. We would spend whole summers, either she at my house or me, at hers. I think it gave our mothers a break. We were high energy girls, always going to the pool or to the mall.

My mother loved to do crafting. I wasn't into it but Nicole loved it. They would craft together some days and I would be in the other room reading. I loved to read and write poems. I enjoyed those times. Nicole and I, just being in the same house, brought me comfort.

We also loved to go to the fair and would talk about it for weeks beforehand. One year, when we were probably fifteen, we'd seen all the animal exhibits and rode most of the rides. We had about 30 minutes before my mom would pick us up. Nicole spotted the Fortune Teller's tent.

"Come on Hannah, let's go in."

I wasn't excited about it. I thought it was mostly bunk.

"Let's get our fortune told, Hannah. It will be fun."

So, I reluctantly went in.

The lady, dressed in the garb you would expect, smiled when we walked in. She was very pleasant and ushered us into a small dark room towards the back. It was just as you would imagine, a table with a crystal ball in the center.

"So you ladies want to know your fortune, do you?" She seemed pleased to be telling us our fortune.

We sat down and she started speaking to the crystal ball. She spoke in English and some other language I didn't recognize. The room seemed to darken and the crystal ball lit up and looked cloudy inside. I was thinking she had a foot switch under the table.

I looked over at Nicole. I could tell she was mesmerized. She was all in for this fortune telling business. I thought it was kinda cute.

The woman started talking to us, telling us we would both grow up to be beautiful women. She said we would both get an education after high school and live in the same city. Nicole was so excited she was clapping and smiling.

"Will we marry?" Nicole asked.

"Yes, you will both marry," the woman said.

"How many kids will we have?" Nicole was asking all the questions. I just sat there, not believing any of this hoowee.

The woman spoke to the ball in her foreign language then frowned and said, "The ball is not clear on that topic."

Nicole frowned then asked. "Will we always be besties? Hannah and I promised each other we'll alway be friends and live in the same city. Will we grow old together?"

The woman looked into the ball and frowned again. She looked uncomfortable and didn't speak. Then the light in the ball dimmed.

"I'm sorry," the woman said. "The ball has gone dark. I can't get any more answers for you today." The woman's pleasant demeanor was gone as she ushered us out of the tent.

I felt cheated. We had only gotten a couple of responses and then it was over. At least the woman could have given us more time and made up a few more answers to Nicole's questions.

I looked at Nicole and she looked crushed.

"I think we got ripped off," I said to Nicole.

Nicole looked at me like she had seen a ghost. "She saw something, Hannah. Something bad in our future."

"Oh, come on, Nicole, fortune telling is all a bunch of made up nonsense," I said and started walking to meet mom.

****

Nicole stayed at my place that night and was in a malaise. My mom asked me about it, and I told her about the fortune teller nonsense.

Later that night as we were in bed, I could hear Nicole crying. It seemed crazy she could take the fortune telling nonsense so seriously, but I could feel her sadness and knew she needed me.

I pulled in close to her and hugged her to my chest.

"There's nothing to that fortune telling, Nicole. It's all bogus."

Nicole didn't respond. She just balled up in my arms, like she was trying to crawl inside me. I held her like that most of the night, knowing I was helping her get past her negative thoughts.

I think a lot of people thought we were lesbians, a few even asked if we were. But Nicole and I were never like that. I guess I was, in a way.

The summer after graduating high school I got in a hot relationship with a girl named Trish. Neither of us were true lesbians. We just thought it would be hot to have girl sex and explored our bi-side. By the end of the summer, I was done playing lesbian. I never had sex with another girl after Trish. She headed off to her college and Nicole and I headed to ours. As I told you, Nicole and I were inseparable.

****

Nicole and I got a small apartment off-campus and began our college adventure. Both of us studied nursing. Nicole excelled but I barely got by. I guess my poor grades were because I was screwing my way through my classmates when I should have been studying. Nicole warned me that I was getting a reputation. I didn't care. I thought the drama was all 'jealous girl talk'. Since I was giving it up, the boys didn't have to chase after the goody-two-shoes girls and beg for a lay.

Nicole was much more reserved but lived vicariously through my outrageousness. I did fix her up with a few guys, and she did have sex with some, three of them to be exact. But she had a bad habit; she would want to keep them after she screwed them. It was like every time she got with a guy, she thought she was in love. Then the guy would freak and be gone, and I had to listen to Nicole cry and pine for her 'lost love.' Guys didn't want to stay with a girl for long; it was college after all.

But, as different as we were, we remained close. I would even take her with me on my dates sometimes. You could see the disappointment in the guy's eyes when I would show up for a date with my bestie in tow, but I would make it clear that the night would end well for them. That always cheered them up. After the date, it was back to our apartment with my latest guy. I would take him straight to my room and try to fuck him unconscious.

The walls of our cheap apartment were paper thin, and Nicole must have listened to me orgasm hundreds of times. I can get really loud. Sometimes the neighbors would even knock on the wall so I knew Nicole was getting an earful, but she never mentioned it. It was just our norm. Nicole had even come home a few times to me screwing some guy on the couch or the living room floor. She would just walk past us and go to her room.

After college, we moved to Seattle where we both found jobs at the same hospital. I slowed down my adventurous ways. I knew I didn't want a bad reputation at work. So, I started to make guys take me more seriously. I became a 'third date girl'. I found that I enjoyed the dates and the prescribed mating rituals.

I even began to think maybe I could find a 'mister right' and settle down, but I couldn't seem to attach my heart to any one guy. Nicole, on the other hand, would date the same guy for months and they had to commit to exclusivity before she would have sex. But she did have a couple of boyfriends and they had sex. I know because I got to hear a few of her orgasms as well.

Nicole hadn't changed. When her relationships fizzled, she would be crushed. She would mope around like it was the end of the world. Even when she was in her relationships, Nicole would sometimes get into a negative funk. She would be unhappy about one thing or another, often over-thinking things. I could never quite figure it out.

During those times, Nicole would often come to my bedroom after bedtime and would ask if she could sleep with me. I knew she wasn't feeling well and wanted to cuddle. That's what we called it- cuddling.

Cuddling was me holding Nicole in my arms all night long while she slept in a fetal position. I would hold her and try to draw out whatever negative energy was inside her. On those nights, I didn't sleep well but I didn't mind. Sometimes we would cuddle multiple nights in a row. Whatever Nicole needed, I was happy to be there for her. Helping her when she needed me made me happy.

We talked to her about her mood swings. I even suggested she talk to a therapist, but Nicole said she didn't think it was necessary.

"My moods are my excuse for us to cuddle," she smiled.

****

Then she met Bob and I met Steve. Steve was the only guy I ever met that could put me in my place. He wasn't mean, in fact, he was charming, but he didn't take my shit. He actually made ME wait for sex. Tall, handsome and confident, Steve was a hunk. He told me when the time was right it would happen. He said that he only had sex in exclusive relationships. Exclusive relationships? I wasn't really familiar with the concept. I had never tried one, I never wanted to. But with Steve, I began to explore the concept in my mind. I thought maybe I could be more than a third date girl.

So, I tried. I tried wrapping my head around being exclusively Steve's girl. It took some time but I came around and finally decided to tell him I would be 'only his'. Somehow he knew before I even told him. When he took me back to my apartment after a wonderful dinner date, he kissed me with more passion than I have ever felt. I broke our long kiss.

"Steve, I want to tell you something. I've decided-"

He put a finger to my lips to shush me. Then, he picked me up and carried me to the bedroom.

We almost tore our clothes off, stopping only to kiss. Then Steve was naked and his hard cock pointed straight at me. It was big but not the biggest I'd had, but it was beautiful. I instinctively fell to my knees and took cock in my mouth. I wanted to touch and feel every part of him so I worshiped him with my mouth. Soon, I could feel him tense and I didn't slow down but he pulled back. He pushed me back on the bed and went down on me. God, he knew what he was doing. I tried to push him off before I came but he pressed his head down and brought me off hard.

After my orgasm was over he quickly moved up my body and pushed himself into me. We were high on our passion, and I next moved him to a cowgirl position. Then it was doggy style and I loved the feeling of him deep in my pussy. We ended that first session with Steve pounding me missionary until he bellowed out and came. I had two orgasms somewhere in our frenzy.

We laid there and caught our breath. Within a few minutes, Steve started playing with me, fingering my pussy and sucking my nipples. He wasn't done, and neither was I.

The second time was better than the first and very different. Steve had fucked me royally the first time, but now he was slow and deliberate. He kissed and licked all around my body, then when he was finally back inside me, he thrusted slowly and deeply for a long time. By the time he sped up, I was more than ready for another cum. As his thrusting increased, I thought he would come but he had the ability to hold himself off, and as I came, so did he.

****

I thought, 'this must be love'. This is what Nicole was always gushing about. She had so much in her that it overflowed in each of her relationships. For me, Steve had to dig deep to find my love, but he had reached into my depths and we discovered it was there, like some buried treasure.

We married six months later, and I thought we were a perfect couple. I loved going out to dinners and clubs with him and showing off my handsome man. I even made him come to the hospital so he could meet my colleagues. I loved watching my nurse-mates drooling over my husband.

Oh, and as I said, Nicole met Bob. He was an x-ray technician and they met in the cafeteria. She was reading some book that Bob had read and he struck up a conversation. He was a quiet guy, kinda shy until you got to know him. I think the book gave him the perfect opportunity to talk to her, or he may never have found the nerve.

Bob and Nicole were a cute couple, reserved, spending most nights in our apartment watching movies with a big bowl of popcorn. Steve and I loved to go out on the town. Who would have thought I would marry before Nicole, but she and Bob did tie the knot about a year after us.

We often went on dinner dates together. Bob and Steve were very different personalities, but they seem to have a lot of common interests like world news, sports, and such. They got along well. And of course, Nicole and I always got along. After our dinners together Steve and I would hit the bars or dance clubs, Nicole and Bob would head home.

Nicole and I had kept our childhood promise. We were adults now, both married and still together. I think it was the happiest time of my life. But those happy times only lasted about 5 years before I ruined both my marriage and Nicole's.

****

I did keep one secret from Nicole. Steve and I were both highly sexual and loved to try new things. You know the old saying, I'd try anything once. Steve used to love having me dress really sexy, slutty even, then we would walk into a bar separately and Steve would watch men hit on me. We would get a thrill out of the guys making fools of themselves. I would eventually pick one I liked. We would dance and I would let things get more intimate, eventually kissing, and I might rub his crotch and feel his hard cock.

When Steve would sense things had progressed far enough, he would wander over to me and we would act like long-lost friends who hadn't seen each other in years. He would say he was in town on business but was leaving the next day. At that point, I told my horny prospective suitor that I had to catch up with my old friend, and our time together was over. Then Steve and I would go home and screw our brains out.

We eventually decided to try a swing club. We made a couple of rules, only one partner per visit, no gangbangs, and our partner always had to wear condoms. Our first visit was such a thrill, we made it a regular thing. It seemed that we both wanted more than monogamy, and these swing clubs were our outlet.

It turned out that the swing clubs weren't the only outlet, for either of us. I started hooking up with a couple of hunky doctors from work. It was fun sex a couple of times per month. Then one day I came home early from my shift. I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to infect patients. Yeah, I guess you know what I found when I got home, Steve in bed with some really young girl. At first, I thought she was underage, but it turned out that wasn't the case.

I was livid. I know- I was screwing around on Steve but that didn't stop me from raking him over the coals. When I walked into the bedroom this teenage girl was riding him cowgirl. I could see his cock enter her every time she lifted her small butt. She was acting like she was having the time of her life, throwing her long blond hair side to side and moaning constantly. Steve's hands were holding her small tits and pinching her nipples. I grabbed the slut by the hair dragging her off of my husband's cock and pushed her to the floor. It became a really ugly scene. I accused him of being with an underage girl, but it turned out she was nineteen and worked with Steve.

Steve and I tried to make it work over the next couple of months. I eventually told him I was hooking up, too. The tension from the lack of trust going both directions was too much for our marriage and we split amicably. I don't think either one of us ever shed a tear. After it was over, I wondered if we were ever really in love. In fact, I wondered if I was even capable of it.

After the divorce, I needed to find a new norm. I still needed sex and started connecting with guys at bars. It was a way to avoid real relationships and get what I needed but it all seemed so ritualistic and sleazy. I decided to go back to the swing clubs. There I could satisfy my urges with zero commitment. A good-looking single woman was always welcome to join the party.

****

Nicole and I still hung out. She was my constant. Someone I knew I could always count on to have my back. A couple of months after my divorce, I was at her place for Saturday brunch. Bob was out running errands.

"Are you sure everything is ok, Hannah? You don't seem very upset about your marriage breaking up."

"I'm okay. Steve and I hadn't been getting along for some time." I didn't want to tell Nicole about my extramarital affairs. Nicole knew I wasn't an angel, but I didn't need to give her details.

"Yeah, but from not getting along to divorcing, is a big leap."

"I caught him in bed with a frickin' teenager. Do you think I should keep him? Would you keep Bob after he did something like that?"

"No, I guess not, I would be devastated. But I can't imagine my world without Bob."

"Yeah, but what you guys have is different from Steve and me. I'm not sure I ever really loved him."

"Oh, come on Hannah, you were a perfect couple. Couldn't you forgive him just once?"

"Not quite perfect, Nicole, and it was way more than once."

"Are you dating again? Got a new guy on the hook?"

"I tried a couple, but I'm really not into that at this point."

"What are you doing for sex? I know you can't go without it for very long."

I went on to tell Nicole about how Steve and I used to visit swing clubs. It felt good to tell Nicole the secret I'd kept from her. She wasn't too shocked, after all, she knew my proclivities.

****

A couple of months later Bob had to go out of town on a business trip. He left on Wednesday and would return on Sunday morning. Bob's business trips were a regular happening, and it was the norm for Nicole to stay at my place when Bob was out of town. Now with Steve gone, it was just Nicole and me. We both had the weekend off. We typically worked the same shifts but not always. This weekend we were excited to have time together.

On Saturday we went shopping and then to the spa for a couple of hours. Nicole couldn't seem to relax, even in the spa. She was in one of her jumpy moods. I had seen her like this many times but today she seems particularly anxious. At lunch, Nicole had been served a sandwich with mayo when she had specifically asked for "no mayo". She jumped on the server in an angry rant.