All Comments on 'Besties'

by IntuitiveJ

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Wow

Strange tale. I'm surprised you didn't make this a multiple chapter story because you absoutely had the material to do it. Hannah had a happy life eventually and I'm not really that happy about it. You also gave no clue as to how Bob's life went after the funeral. Yes he was married and had kids but that's all you said. Well written but because of inconsistancies I gave it Four Stars.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 3 years ago

Obviously, a sad story. Makes one think about culpability. Was Hannah that culpable? Was Bob more culpable? Was it mostly the mental illness?

I was thinking if I was single and my best friend who is married were out on the town and I suggested we go to a strip joint. Or if I had belonged to a swing club and my friend was curious and I said ok I'll show you, and we ended up there. My friend's personality is like Nicole's personality, not impetuous or impulsive, so I wouldn't have thought it would lead to him cheating. I would think it was a little adventure, not something that would lead to the demise of his marriage. So, Hannah, not being aware about Nicole's impulsive manic behavior had no reason to think her friend would react the way she did at the club.

I think Bob is more culpable, only because he knows Nicole is bipolar, and had to know how vulnerable she could be. Also, about being manic, and hypersexual. I just looked up suicide rate amongst bipolars and it said 25-60% attempt suicide at least once, and 4-19% (range if being treated or not) complete it. The rate is 10-30 times the general population. So, I think the onus is more on Bob than Hannah for Nicole's suicide, only because he knew about Nicole being bipolar and didn't take that into account in how he dealt with her.

Hannah didn't know, so couldn't fathom that Nicole would react the way she did. But, ultimately, while I think there is blame to go around, the biggest contributor was her mental illness.

The thing that doesn't add up in the story is that Hannah didn't see any of the bipolar in Nicole. I mean if you told us that one of the "besties" is bipolar and to guess which one I would have guessed Hannah. Nicole was portrayed as a very even-keeled person. Bipolar is the exact opposite of even-keeled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was good in a way that is hard to explain. Sometimes we see or experience things that change us and we wish we could go back and undo or un-live those experiences. I have hear it explained that life can be like using a table saw, you have to be careful all of the time, one lax moment can cause you to lose an eye or a finger. You can be religiously careful for the rest of your life but you cannot get back what you lost, they eye or the finger is gone. What is really bad is when you know what you are doing is wrong (for you) at the time and you do it anyway. Be true to yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

JESUS! HOW INCREDIBLY SAD! OH MY GOD, I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING. SO, SINCE I AM SITTING HERE STILL SO SHOCKED AND, LIKEWISE, MISSING NICOLE...THIS AUTHOR MUST HAVE DONE AN INCREDIBLE JOB. I THINK I WAS SO UPSET I ONLY GAVE THIS 4* RATHER THAN 5...

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

A tragic story. It originally seemed to be a cautionary tale about how toxic slutty friends can be for faithful women, but that changed dramatically when it was revealed that Nicole was bipolar.

The saddest part is that Nicole was a ticking time bomb and Hannah probably did Bob a favour. He ended up with a stable wife and two kids, but if he'd stayed married to Nicole, all he would've faced was a life of misery dealing with her mental issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, different. Why did she introduce herself at the meeting as Nicole though?

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

That was really good. Thanks for sharing such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed this story, sometimes it just feels better to listen and read and this is a story, a type of story I have not found in a while, whoever wrote this, I have to say, you did a good job, better job than I could've done, but I have to say it wasn't perfect, but it was well worded with only a few errors, few in selling and fewer in grammar, you did a wonderful job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

did anyone feel good after reading this story?? 1*

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

You killed the story when you wrote Nicole was bipolar. It's a spectrum disorder so it's possible that if she was on the low end then Hannah might not know but no way at what you described. Hell it might not even be the manic episode but the crushing depression would be such that she would sleep for days and/or not want to do anything. There is simply no way Nicole would be able to hide it if they were that close. The high risk behavior would have been glaringly evident

woodwardwoodwardalmost 3 years ago

Just WOW! A great story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"My name is Nicole and I am an alcoholic," - or should it have been Hannah, needs a bit of editing, find it hard to believe that as 'besties' Hannah didn't at least feel something was wrong with Nicole, but overall, not bad

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story contained many snippets from my life. It is a dark tale but I couldn't stop reading. In the end I'm glad I'm glad I saw the end. Thank you for your story! 5 stars. I had a friend with the disease, her husband woke on his birthday to find her dead in her chair. Her memorial was two days later on my birthday. Needless to say, we don't celebrate any more. That was three years ago.

somewhere east of Omaha

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuturealmost 3 years ago

Wow, too see into the darkness and draw from it and still be alive. This story I would rate in my top 3, yes it could be fantasy in some people's eyes, yet the truth is always hidden deep within. It brings out in me the sadness which we all feel guilty for actions we have done in the past yet believe we are not responsible in the future. I hope one day my writings will be as powerful as this story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

I don't usually care for back stories, but it made sense here.

\

"She saw something, Hannah. Something bad in our future." - So, when you have a chance to do something "bad," don't do it!

\

If she and Steve BOTH liked sex with others, and both had cheated, why not forgive the cheating and have a open marriage?

\

"A good-looking single woman was always welcome to join the party." - Granted, I know nothing about swing clubs, but why would the wive welcome another woman for their husbands to fuck while they don't get another man?

\

She brought Nicole to the swing group to just watch, it's not her fault that Nicole decided to be a slut.

\

Knowing Hannah, Bob should have told her about Nicole's diagnosis. She NEVER would have put her in the situation at the swing club if she had known.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Very good, Sad but good thanks.

CD1929CD1929almost 3 years ago

Sad story. Well written. I think we all have a sad story we can tell. I enjoyed this one.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 3 years ago

Great story with a important message.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Excellent story. 5 stars and a thank you!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Unlike many stories, you actually tried to explain the why behind the behavior and I admire that. Life can be a struggle and you brought it out, but you created an arc for the character that makes good sense and ends well. Thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sbrooks…..regarding don’t do something bad, if I recall correctly, she took a Xanax and then was drinking. It’s likely the combination lowered her inhibitions and her common sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bipolar is impossible to deal with. It takes a VERY strong partner, a good network of friends/family, and a willingness to change. If even ONE of those is missing, it's not enough. I was a very strong partner, but they had a shitty family/friend network, and not much willingness to change. They are a trainwreck, and I'm honestly shocked they are still alive. I'm alot happier now, without them in my life. Bipolar is a struggle with very little silver linings.

the sad truth is nicole was already on the path to self destruction. could hannah and bob done more? yes. not much more though. ultimately nicole decided to fuck her meds, fuck her bestie, and fuck her husband. her mania made her do unforgivable things, and then the depression made her do more unforgivable things.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story with some great life lessons imbedded in it. Thanks for a great ride and reminder to not go there in our darkest times. 5*

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

This was weird, sad, interesting and short.

This is an interesting enough plot for a much larger project which is a compliment from me.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Sorry but this thought just won't let me go.

It had to get around that Bob and Nicole's marriage was decimated by her debauchery and then she is dead.

I can't help but wonder what the swing group thought about that and how they reacted, especially the 4 men directly involved and their wives or girlfriends?

gort69gort69almost 3 years ago

Well written, actual grammar, no misspellings, and redemption. What isn't to like

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Incredibly sad story but you did a good job writing it.

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 3 years ago

It is sad how many lost souls are sexually addictive. They do everything but the right thing just like a drunk. There are so many compulsive humans today. Bouncing off of walls until old age cools their jets.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

IntuitiveL your an amazing story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ugly story. Probably best fitted for Non-Erotic. Depressing as hell. Not something I want to read on a porn site. Please don't post this type of garbage again. It's just not the right place. One star only because I can't give you negative stars for horrible judgement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Zero chance her best friend she spent that much time with would have missed the bi polar appearance in her friend. Zero.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Very sad story. Nicole was ill and therefor I wouldn't call her a slut like some people her. If she had told her besties about her illness this wouldn't have happened but I can understand that there are some things you don't want anybody know of, even your besties.

Suicide is always hard for the ones left behind - I know that from personal experience.

Given the medical background and after hearing about swinging and all that's going on an such parties I think at some point Nicole would have cheated anyway when she was in one of her phase at the right time.

Bringing Nicole to the party wouldn't have been so bad, but Hannah made the mistake of starting to fuck immediately without taking care of Nicole.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 3 years ago

Very unusual story. The mental health issue was weak (would've liked to have seen a past addiction) but POV was interesting and convoluted, just like life. Very well done.

Perfect location for the story since there's been how many stories here where the wife is drawn into a cheating situation by the slutty best friend? Interesting take on that.

Thanks again!

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"So be careful of your choices. Time is a one-way road, and you can't go back." Words to live by. Very well written; your characters move me.

@anon "Zero chance...": Hannah saw the worrisome behaviors; she just didn't connect them with being bipolar. She didn't see the forest for the trees: not unusual in a relationship that close.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 3 years ago

A story that was sad, yet uplifting, too.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Well that was big, wide and deep. Thank you.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 3 years ago

This was a very good story, but it felt more like a precis or a description of a much deeper story, as the emotional punch just didn't seem to be there. Good plot, though, however. Thank you, sir.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Something bad" - I was thinking more in terms of not going to a swing party, LOL!

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Excellent writing, a couple issues with things. But overall well written.

Her doing 4 guys all of a sudden just because "it was so hot" was a bit excessive, maybe 2 would have been believable but like most authors women have no sexual brakes here and just go full on whore. Every. Single. Time. And believe it or not going the excessive route can and does ruin what can be an otherwise good story. Yes, the mouth breathers like it, because, sadly, they think women are all sluts and men are always better, but a normal person doesn't.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago
Fuck chicken shit anons

If your too cowardly to register for repies to your criticisms, DON'T FUCKING COMPLAIN!! It was a very good well written story that belonged in the LW category. It ended the absolute best way it could have ended. Sorry if death offends your sensitivities; it fucking happens daily.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

Well-told story that would be better off in an AA circle. One thing bothers me is that you say they were besties for life, and she didn't tell her "bestie", that she is bi-polar? Incredible or not besties for life!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hard to write, hard to read; but strangely enjoyed it. Gave you a 5 for a sensitive look at a real issue. I do agree with another anon comment that it should have been non-erotic.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Sad but warming, if that makes sense.

BeerAndBaconBeerAndBaconalmost 3 years ago

I'm not crying, you are

sloggersloggeralmost 3 years ago

Really?!!! Ambien and Xanax at the same time. Anyone taking that combo would be an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have to agree, based on the shopping spree examples Bob gave, Hannah would have figured out that Nicole was acting crazy. $700 worth of sexy lingerie, and Nicole kept all those sexy cool undies a secret from her hypersexual best friend?

It was a good plot and well told just the same. What Bob can never say to Hannah is Thank You. Bipolar disorder is a nightmare to live with, and one of the most inheritable mental illnesses. Darwin doesn't give a fuck about compassion and commitment and sentiment. Nicole wasn't just ill, she was a carrier. She did the brave and compassionate thing for Bob, and for his children. It would have been enough if she had simply divorced him and had herself sterilized. I'm sure she deprived Hannah and Society of an interesting and loving character, that could have made great contributions to her family and friends. Let's allow that her suicide was as uncharacteristic and fatalistic as her whoring, a calamity of her mental illness.

Thank you for your time and talent. And thank you for the effort.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 3 years ago

You tried for something different and you achieved it. Worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, well written except for the name mix up at the AA meeting. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That’s what I call a real story. True to life.well done!

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
Good story

A little strange and I almost gave up about half way along. But, i am glad that I continued.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

bob should have dropped her some buck shot

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Sad but interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Thanks. Everybody responds differently to life's hurdles and pitfalls. You just never know.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Bob was right: Hannah didn’t force Nicole to have a four way.

But bipolar isn’t something a husband or a good nurse would miss.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Unless I missed it, no one has noticed what assholes Bob’s friends are. They went to a swing club to fuck other men’s wives, and they sneaked in a camera when such are prohibited. Then when Nicole gets fucked — and it was probably one of them who participated— they take pictures and show them to Bob.

Some will say that friends should rat out cheating wives, but that doesn’t cover what they did

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story. Painful, but beautifully done. Thanks for writing!

Maninconn

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 3 years ago

This is fantasyland to be sure, but every once in while something pops up that sounds and feels like it could be real. I have never had the trauma that Hannah and Jerry experienced, but this story sounds like it could have happened. It was as dark a story as I've read on Literotica, but I felt comfortable reading it, hoping that there would be a little light at the end of this very dark tunnel. There was. 5*

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800almost 3 years ago

Not your typical loving wives story and that is a good thing. Very sad at points but a good read.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 3 years ago

5* great real-life story -- a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story and story telling. 5 stars

Don't think that Hannah and Nicole being so close and both in the medical profession, that Hannah would not have realized Nicole's mental issues. I agree with ReedRichards about Bob's dirt-bag friends being at the swing party and filming it. Logically for the story, Bob had to find out about Nicole's antics at the swing party, but Bob's friends dropping a dime on Nicole after being there themselves didn't seem right. I was expecting that Nicole would have such remorse that she would have confessed herself.

ribnitinribnitinalmost 3 years ago

moving, well written story. I will look at some of your others.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 3 years ago

Never date anyone who is bipolar.

graymangazergraymangazeralmost 3 years ago

A rather depressing tale about self destructive people. Well written and quite compulsive, interesting characters and a nice flow. My only criticism was the inclusion of the fortune teller, maybe it was a small red herring leading the reader to think it might have some significance later in the story, otherwise I couldn't see the point, but that is a small issue.

Overall a good and thought provoking read, but not something to brighten the day so I doubt I'll come back to it, thanks regardless.

doejohnny64doejohnny64almost 3 years ago

Very poignant. Well-written. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow, one of the saddest tales on here

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Honest story had to read to the end

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A cautionary tale that few will ever understand all the underlying nuances of self and other betrayal.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Sad tale how we punish ourselves more than anyone else could. 5 stars

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

You can't use the runway behind you. Thanks for sharing.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Probably the first story about a cheating whore , who didn't get burned, that I've ever given a *5. This was a sad, dark story that somehow managed a happy ending for everyone except the tragic Nicole. Hannah made a terrible decision with the sec club, and paid dearly for it. Great story Intuitive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bob should have killed Jerry so Nicole knows what she did to him

NorthwestnutcrkrNorthwestnutcrkrover 2 years ago

Dark, sad tale. Strange how some, like Hannah, carry their burden of bad choices for the rest of their lives while others deny any responsibility for the pain their choices impose on the ones they purport to love. Sad, indeed.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Well Done, With Exceptions

Nice story although the normal setup/conflict/resolution plot was a bit subdued. .

.

Generally well written....but:

Please join your editor in doing a Google search on "lie vs lay." "To lie" is to recline. Past tense = "lay" (yep, almost no Lit author gets it right.) "To lay" is to place. Past tense = "laid." I don't recall any "lying" or "laying" usage in the story.

Also, "ring" is not synonymous with "wring."

.

While my making these small points may piss off the author or seem petty to comment readers, such simple errors interrupt the reading flow. Assuming the author and editor wish to strive toward correct language usage, I offer my observations without malice.

.

Many thanks for the effort, skill and generous sharing of this story. You demonstrate skills I do not possess.

.

Keep 'em comin'.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Way too much drama for my taste but I guess it is OK. The story is unusual and somewhat creative which is a lot more that I can say for most of garbage on LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

should be non erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow!

Not what I expect from loving wives, but powerful!

A solid 5 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What happened to Bob?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A great story about the pain and destruction of dysfunctionality and the reparations for those who earnestly seek and get healing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well that had the feels and even some feels for her.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 2 years ago

"I'm NICOLE and I'm an alcoholic". What the fuck?

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Well written, except for the inexcusable errors, such as using the wrong name for the protagonist, but really true to life.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

I originally read this a while back and had reservations about it. Now I re-read it and gave it 5 stars. Well written. Not simple. Not full of clichés. Doesn't give bad moral lessons like RAAC stories.

The blame is placed (at least by the author) where it belongs - mostly, on Nicole who CHOSE not to tell her friend about bipolar, CHOSE to go off meds, and CHOSE to fuck guys at the club. Then chose to off herself like a bloody coward, instead of divorcing her husband without hurting him AND her bestie.

The good guy(s) win - including the injured husband.

My only quibble is the doubt that Hannah would be able to stay faithful to Jerry - but while not super probable, it's not entirely impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Well written but harsh. Really sad what happened to Nicole. Sick of the commenters who just view Nicole as a cheating slut. She was bipolar and off her meds. Then cut off from Nicole and seemingly abandoned by her husband, she entered her depression phase without any support and killed herself. Have some compassion. Her mania overtook her in a highly sexually charged environment and she couldn't say no. Hannah put her into a terrible situation but without her mess and on the rebound her neurotransmitters put her into a bad fugue state and she did the airtight gangbang. Afterwards she was distraught and when then when faced with ab irate husband and the pictures, she was not mentally equipped to handle it. Then suddenly with no support from anyone, no friends, no family, and a justifiably angry husband who storms out and with no meds, and crushing guilt, she committed suicide. It is called mental illness for a reason. Watch Ozark and see rhe deterioration of Wendy's brother Ben. The disease sucks. A good friend of mine wad bipolar and offed himself when a woman he had dated for some time had rejected his engagement proposal. She was the second. He lost the first love of his life when she got drunk, cheated on him and got pregnant by an old shitty boyfriend (a cop btw) when she visited family. After striking out again, with his parents away on a trip and friends scattered all over, and yes being off his meds because they dampened his libido (btw that happens a lot and when you go off the meds a bipolar libido can spike during mania just like Nicole I wager), he blew his own head off with a gun. So cut the bs about the cowards way out. You don't know crap about bipolar. It is a serious mental health problem.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

I don’t understand Bob, she turned your wife into a whore like her. Why even talk to her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The character Hannah did not deserve such a good outcome if she knowingly facilitated the self-destruction of a mentally ill "bestie". It only worked out for this character because she was lucky to find someone whose redemption including her. But turning her "bestie" into a cheating 'whore' knowing her mental illness was pretty much unforgivable. Huedogg2 got it right. Or as another commenter put it, the story is "well written but harsh". A dark fairie tale indeed!

AnotherSisyphusAnotherSisyphus12 months ago

Excellent story, well told. Thank you. This is one of the better stories on the site and it does a good job of illustrating the struggle that is our lives simply because, as a friend of mine says, “we are all just monkeys”. To me that is shorthand for the fact that we cannot escape our biology. We try. We try to be respectful of others, we try to do what is right, but we all fall short.

The story actually brought a tear to my eye. The quality of the writing and the plot is far above what one would generally expect on a wank site. I guess this is the ‘liter’ part of literotica!

TotosRevengeTotosRevenge10 months ago

Powerful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow well written but dark. With a real mental illness as a basis for Nicole's actions, she and Bob might have made it. But it was all too much for her and when her depression hit, she ended it. Felt terrible for Bob. He did not deserve this. Hannah came a.long way but will always bear the guilt of putting Nicole in that setting in the club. With a manic-depressive, that was like giving a kid a gun and some heroin. Just terrible decision making.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Great story, much deeper than the usual LW fare. Hannah didn’t deserve a happy life, but it’s not my story. This author in unusually good.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A sad wonder of a story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really sad but well written story. Nicole had serious mental issues.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very touching story, thank you.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

To answer the comments - I think Hannah was somewhat responsible for bringing her friend to that kind of place, but mostly the fault is Nicole's because she stopped taking her medication. Also, I don't think people understand how bad the manic episodes for someone who has bipolar can get. I know of a woman, a 40 year old married school teacher who had a massive week long episode that ended up with her fired from her job and having sex with guys in the park for 20 dollar bottles of vodka. Her family actually had her committed to a hospital and they medicated her and then she flipped when they got the dosage wrong and went into a massive depression where she just howled for 4 days trying to claw her own eyes out over what she did. It was a disaster for everyone involved an.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIntuitiveJ@IntuitiveJ
Glad many are enjoying my stories. I try to write them to be both entertaining and emotional with characters that are not perfect or complete monsters. I wish I had more time to write but will try to keep them coming. I love comments, it's the only form of payment so let me...