Beth's Birthday Pass Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I unfolded the paper and at first had no idea what it was. Then I saw the hotel stationary with the words "Get Out Of Jail Free". My heart almost stopped, I felt my breath catch, my vision began to white out.

"Ben! Ben!" I came back to see Beth's concerned face and her hands holding my head. I realized I'd fainted. My head throbbed.

"Beth, what?" My mind was racing. It had been forever since I wrote that note. I thought she had thrown it away. I thought we were happy, she was happy. Was it all an illusion?

Beth was crying. "Ben I'm sorry. Forget I brought it up."

"No. I can't. Beth why? I thought we were happy? I don't understand."

"Just forget it. I should never have brought this up."

"I've got to get out of here." I said and started getting dressed as quickly as I could.

"Ben wait. I wanted to talk about this."

I didn't know how to feel but at that moment it was mostly anger and surprise. I was in no condition to talk. I didn't say anything.

She was following me around in her robe crying and trying to get me to talk to her. I got my things together as fast as I could and got the hell out of the room. I just started walking.

My head was spinning. After all our years together, two kids, and what I thought was a happy marriage I find out my wife is dissatisfied. What other reason could there be? And who was the guy? Someone at work? Some younger guy who's all buff with a big fat cock? Some guy on a dating website? Or maybe she just planned to pick someone or maybe two guys up in a bar? Was I doing something wrong? Was I just not doing it for her anymore?

My phone rang. I glanced at it, saw it was Beth, and switched it off.

No matter what our marriage would not be the same. She said 'forget it' but how could I? Pandora's box was open. You can't take it back. Even if I said 'yes, let's forget it' I would know she was unhappy and resentful, and I'd always wonder if she was then cheating behind my back. And if I go along with it then maybe she would scratch her itch, but I will then be resentful and always wondering if one time was enough, or just the beginning.

There was a small park in front of me so I sat down on a bench.

Was our marriage over? Could it ever be good again?

I realized I still had the note in my pocket so I pulled it out and read it again.

"Get Out Of Jail Free. This entitles you to break your wedding vows one time. I will not ask why, who with, or any details. Afterward we will not discuss it again. The only conditions are that you use protection and get tested afterward, and that it is one time only."

When I wrote this I was too idealistic. I never thought she'd really use it. I thought our love would be enough, the sex good enough, and the bond so strong she would never want to. I was wrong.

Now what. As sick as I was about this I read the words. I had promised her a free pass with no questions asked. I had implied that we would stay married and that I would not consider this cheating. However I never said it wouldn't affect our relationship, maybe to the point of despair. Now what? I put my face in my hands and wept.